Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
carol

Orlando, FL

#875108 Mar 17, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You are either incapable of comprehending the process of sequestration or how it got to that point. Here's a hint; it was a compromise to the Republicans.
The sequestration is deliberatly unpalatable to both sides; that is the whole point. It is the Republicans who will not compromise.
Republicans met the president halfway once and he didn't fulfil his promise the first time.

Why under God's green earth would they agree to even more taxes before he agrees to cuting the budget which he was REQUIRED to do under the sequestration act?

And why would sequestration have passed unanimously in both the House and the Senate minus 2 votes if Republicans believed for one second the president wouldn't do what was REQUIRED of him by law to do to avoid the sequestration?

The president WANTED the sequestration to happen as a political ploy to blame the republicans. It just backfired.

Are you living in the same world as the rest of us?
carol

Orlando, FL

#875110 Mar 17, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm hmmm...
...but most liberals actually believe conservatives have it backwards....
Wait... that's not true either... I meant to say most liberals seem to believe conservatives LIKE it backwards. I don't, I like to see what's coming.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#875111 Mar 17, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not so much hateful as exposing the status quo.
Palin just isn't your typical politician or public speaker.
If you can get past her delivery, she actually has something to say.
Yeah, sure she does, dumb carol. She says that Paul Revere went riding through New Hampshire while firing a musket over his head telling the British that "we" weren't giving up our second amendment rights...was that all she said, dumb historian?

She also said that Africa was a country; she could see Russia from her porch; abstinence only was the best way to go for her never married reality-tv-sucking-never-marri ed teen daughter and her son that filed for divorce after nineteen months of marriage and a seventeen month old son...dumb carol family values?
carol

Orlando, FL

#875112 Mar 17, 2013
"Designer" = chinee
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#875113 Mar 17, 2013
<quoted text>
The kids she noticed were hispanic or black. She'd be happy if they came to school in rags and holes in their shoes, starving with rotten teeth so that the white kids can point at them and bully them. Or perhaps the poor kids should be made to wear a big red P on their shirts so everyone will know who they are.
I don't recall Carol ever sharing where or when she taught beyond perhaps in vague terms__she was also a nurse at some point.

Her and hubby moved to Orlando from the Lakeland area at least five years ago__she's been on topix at least that long.

She's also apparently unaware that there are no longer food stamps but electronic cards that can easily be traced.

When's dawn?

#875114 Mar 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Carol said that those who take others names are insecure and communist,
gfy troll
lol Carol says lots of shit no one believes. Carol says she's a good, godly woman; God's book says she's worse than an infidel...who ya' gonna' believe?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#875115 Mar 17, 2013
This administration is ‘Pay to Play’ but for the Stupid, Obama’s Low IQ voters ‘Freedom for Sale!! Liberals/Democrats ‘Constitution’ Obstacle, Bill of Rights, to be determine at a Later Date, WH/Obama’s motto ‘Money Talks Bull S**T Walks”
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#875116 Mar 17, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm hmmm...
...but most liberals actually believe conservatives have it backwards....
so has any other POTUS done that?

you already know the answer.
carol

Orlando, FL

#875118 Mar 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it was Herman Cain, on FOX, who 'heard' it from some other 'black republican'.
so, as usual, it will never emerge into the mainstream.
Maybe not. But does that mean you believe abuses in the entitlement programs are nonexistent?
carol

Orlando, FL

#875119 Mar 17, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>lol Carol says lots of shit no one believes. Carol says she's a good, godly woman; God's book says she's worse than an infidel...who ya' gonna' believe?
You don't know me anymore than I know you. But you're the one between the two of us who is arrogant enough to sit in judgment.

There's probably a pretty big stone nearby if you want to be the first one to get in the first shot.
carol

Orlando, FL

#875120 Mar 17, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>lol Carol says lots of shit no one believes. Carol says she's a good, godly woman; God's book says she's worse than an infidel...who ya' gonna' believe?
Holy crap I just saw your new picture. I knew it'd come to this, you bleached your hair! What were you thinking? I know, I know, you've had a little trouble reestablishing the ol' magic after the baby but I feel you're going too far to appease him. Men are all the same except when they're not. Well, I take a certain amount of comfort in knowing the rug is still red... it is, isn't it?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#875121 Mar 17, 2013
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
When the FOX hyped manufactured issues rise to the level of Bush's incompetence, get back to us, OK?
Iraq
Katrina
Gonzo
Scooter Libby
Economic collapse
"gopidiots"
Hyped manufactured issues? You mean like the main stream media harping president nobama's doom and gloom resulting from the sequester? You know extra long lines at airports, thousand upon thousands of lay offs, children going hungry, schools cutting back? Actually all we have noted is thousands of illegal criminal immigrants released and school kids tours of the White house cancelled.
Peace
KMA
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#875122 Mar 17, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you flirting with me, MR. MANN, cause I'm pretty good at picking up subliminals! Not that I'm entirely adverse to your doing so, but could you please send me some particulars? I just wonder if you're anywhere near my area code, as these IP's are big liars I've found. I know you seem to be liberal, but being the even-handed person I am, I won't penalize you for that, as long as you're up to snuff in other departments and are not on the grift as I don't need any more of those. Don't worry about spelling and grammar either -- I'm obviously no nazi in that department -- even if I did once teach, years ago, as you know. Yes, I am married, but I'm a confirmed WINO (wife in name only), as he sleeps most of the time when he's not yelling at the TV.
first of all, tell the old man to quit watching FOX before he has a nervous breakdown.

second of all, did you see the picture on that site of the guy rubbing the pussycat? not so subliminal considering i have VERY large hands!
carol

Orlando, FL

#875123 Mar 17, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I don't recall Carol ever sharing where or when she taught beyond perhaps in vague terms__she was also a nurse at some point.
Her and hubby moved to Orlando from the Lakeland area at least five years ago__she's been on topix at least that long.
She's also apparently unaware that there are no longer food stamps but electronic cards that can easily be traced.
If you think I'm going to indulge that kind of specific information on a forum like this, you're obviously not as smart as you want us to believe you are.

Besides, your assumptions are wrong.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#875125 Mar 17, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe not. But does that mean you believe abuses in the entitlement programs are nonexistent?
oh lord woman. you can't use food stamps to go to the gym.

but you can do this....

http://www.silversneakers.com/

or rather; you probably should do that since someone else will be paying for it.
carol

Orlando, FL

#875126 Mar 17, 2013
So, um, now that you're blonde may I nuzzle some of that Irish gold of yours? I didn't realize it was St Patrick's Day, and now that I know, I'm driven to find a beautiful redhead to share me Lucky Charms with...
carol

Orlando, FL

#875127 Mar 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
first of all, tell the old man to quit watching FOX before he has a nervous breakdown.
second of all, did you see the picture on that site of the guy rubbing the pussycat? not so subliminal considering i have VERY large hands!
I didn't see it? But I'd certainly like to...
carol

Orlando, FL

#875128 Mar 17, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, sure she does, dumb carol. She says that Paul Revere went riding through New Hampshire while firing a musket over his head telling the British that "we" weren't giving up our second amendment rights...was that all she said, dumb historian?
She also said that Africa was a country; she could see Russia from her porch; abstinence only was the best way to go for her never married reality-tv-sucking-never-marri ed teen daughter and her son that filed for divorce after nineteen months of marriage and a seventeen month old son...dumb carol family values?
Well, other than you quoting the propagandists who misquoted Palin, at least she wasn't running for the presidency and declared there were 60 states in the union.

"I've been to 57 so far with one to go not including Alaska and Hawaii..."

That adds up to 60.

Again, if it makes you feel better to sit in judgment of others who are just as human as yourself, go right ahead.
carol

Orlando, FL

#875129 Mar 17, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"gopidiots"
Hyped manufactured issues? You mean like the main stream media harping president nobama's doom and gloom resulting from the sequester? You know extra long lines at airports, thousand upon thousands of lay offs, children going hungry, schools cutting back? Actually all we have noted is thousands of illegal criminal immigrants released and school kids tours of the White house cancelled.
Peace
KMA
I don't know, Ed, I often think I'm standing in front of a precipice myself... there could be something to it? You know, Ed, I'm reminded of the Titanic for some reason? Probably because I am very lonely and have always had a crush on Leonardo DiCaprio? In any event, it took 2 hours or so for the ship to sink. I'm willing to bet the guys on the upper decks didn't think they were going to fall in the water and freeze to death initially...

"Nice night out tonight, Reince."
"Yes, Newt, it is, lovely. The boat does seem to be listing a little though... ever since we felt that bump about an hour ago..."
"Don't worry about it, Reince, the band's still playing isn't it? What could go wrong?"

When's dawn?

#875130 Mar 17, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know me anymore than I know you. But you're the one between the two of us who is arrogant enough to sit in judgment.
There's probably a pretty big stone nearby if you want to be the first one to get in the first shot.
In 5:21 and 22 Jesus says, "For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. You have heard that it was said to the men of old,'You shall not kill; and whoever kills shall be liable to judgment.' But I say to you that every one who is angry with his brother shall be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother shall be liable to the council, and whoever says,‘Thou fool,’ shall be in danger of Hell fire.”

I'm just quoting from the red print...I read the book.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
abby 12-26 4 min Mister Tonka 4
amy 12-26 17 min Mister Tonka 4
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 27 min KiMerde 51,292
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 36 min _Zoey_ 7,870
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 39 min _Zoey_ 4,920
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 44 min Mothra 49,332
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 57 min Dale 182,104
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM