Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#874361 Mar 15, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Peppy. What's up?
Same old stuff Flack, I just took a vacation, that's all.

Did Grey Goat ever come back to visit?

You doing all right?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#874362 Mar 15, 2013
Old Crazy Goober wrote:
Does anyone know if they turned off the Internet in Bumpass? We haven't heard from OldRetard in quite a while!
Where's my judgeits?
Dag Nab It!
Homer! Is that you deleting my judgeits?
Wrong.

Gooseshit from the Del Taco in Moreno Valley is here all the time under various names, including most of the "Carol" posts.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#874363 Mar 15, 2013
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah whatever. I am sending you one of my frostbitten toes. Did you know they snap right off when they freeze? I didn't. Well I do now.
Yeah, I got it, I thought it was a dead Palmetto bug and crossed you off my Christmas card list, the cat seemed to enjoy playing with it though.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#874364 Mar 15, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
That guy is a quadriplegic and his family is willing to take care of him; he was stabbed in the neck in prison, too bad he didn't die; either way, the state will support him and he's not a threat to anyone anymore. Have you looked at the growth in prison population in the last 10 years in California? It will make you sick. Why did this happen? Private prison companies contributing to political campaigns; the war on drugs fueled the stead influx of customers to fill the prison that the state pays to house.
The absurdity of the whole thing is mind boggling, but it happened, and it's going to happen in Florida as well, since the largest contributor to Rick Scotts campaign was private prisons; they also now want to put their name on the football stadium at FAU. What a disgrace. The prisoners released were non violent. It makes sense.
If criminals did not face prison because their crimes were "non-violent", then why not commit non-violent crimes for a living?
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#874365 Mar 15, 2013
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes their blood boil that no one can come close to O'Reilly's ratings. Not even close.
The bottom line is rightwingers need to be told what to think and how to process the days events as free thinking escapes them, hence O'Reilly's high tv ratings. I mean that's the bottom line.
HOPE-WOW-COC-TRU TH-HEMLOC

Bronx, NY

#874366 Mar 15, 2013
In April of 1961, President John Kennedy said in a speech to the American Newspaper Publishers Association:“For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence–on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day. It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations.

Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried, not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed. It conducts the Cold War; in short, with a war-time discipline no democracy would ever hope or wish to match. The very word “secrecy” is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions. Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it. And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment. That I do not intend to permit to the extent that it is in my control. And no official of my Administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should interpret my words here tonight as an excuse to censor the news, to stifle dissent, to cover up our mistakes or to withhold from the press and the public the facts they deserve to know.”
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#874367 Mar 15, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> nobody watches the news cable channels on the weekend unless something major is going on. Should have just put him out to pasture and leave with a little dignity.
Schultz had a contract and MSNBC had a worthless time slot to fill, so why not make him work for his money?

Bronx, NY

#874368 Mar 15, 2013
In 1960, President Dwight Eisenhower gave an eloquent address to the nation which included the following statement:“Until the latest of our world conflicts, the United States had no armaments industry. American makers of plowshares could, with time and as required, make swords as well. But now we can no longer risk emergency improvisation of national defense; we have been compelled to create a permanent armaments industry of vast proportions. Added to this, three and a half million men and women are directly engaged in the defense establishment. We annually spend on military security more than the net income of all United States corporations.

This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence — economic, political, even spiritual — is felt in every city, every State house, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society.

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.”
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#874369 Mar 15, 2013
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You doing all right?
He's okay, after his basement flooded and his roof collapsed things seemed to settle down a bit until he rolled his ATV. Unfortunately for him his limited insurance covered none of these incidents, but he just dug up a few extra mason jars to cover the expenses.

Bronx, NY

#874370 Mar 15, 2013
Jack Ruby, the man who shot accused assassin of President John F. Kennedy Lee Harvey Oswald, said in his interview with the Warren Commission (the investigative team appointed by the federal government to probe the Kennedy assassination) on June 7th, 1964:

“Everything pertaining to what’s happening has never come to the surface. The world will never know the true facts of what occurred or my motives. The people that had so much to gain and had such an ulterior motive for putting me in the position I’m in will never let the true facts come above board to the world. Gentlemen, I want to tell you the truth, but I cannot tell it here. If you want a fair shake out of me you have to take me to Washington. I tell you that a whole new form of government is going to take over the country and I know I won’t live to see you another time.”
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#874371 Mar 15, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> nobody watches the news cable channels on the weekend unless something major is going on. Should have just put him out to pasture and leave with a little dignity.
Sorta like Nascar.

Bronx, NY

#874372 Mar 15, 2013
On December 21st, 1963, former president Harry Truman said in The Washington Post:“For some time I have been disturbed by the way the CIA (Central Intelligence Agency) has been diverted from its original assignment. It has become an operational and at time a policy-making arm of the government. I never had any thought that when I set up the CIA that it would be injected into peacetime cloak-and-dagger operations.”

Something is wrong in Washington

These are all very alarming statements uttered from a few guys who are more ‘in the know’ than your average John Q. Citizen. Their statements aren’t as black and white as that of Jack Ruby, but reading them, hearing them, and objectively interpreting them can lead one to believe there was something very wrong in Washington, DC during this time. So the questions remain. Were all of these people trying to warn us and tell us something? Or, is it also possible that these are just four misinterpreted statements from four different people about four different things? Depending on whom one asks, there is a wide range of answers from people. Some have even gone as far as making up speeches by John Kennedy such as the hoaxed Columbia University speech in 1963, as well as the ‘enslaving’ quote uttered supposedly seven days before his assassination in Dallas, TX, all to support their answers to these questions.(Sorry to disappoint all of you Illuminati believers out there, but John Kennedy simply never said those things) The essential reality is this:1) There were some groundbreaking things happening in the political structure of the United States after World War II; 2) The economic, foreign policy decisions, and attitude toward the Soviet Union of John Kennedy were incomprehensible to some people; 3) The United States dramatically changed its policies after the assassination of John Kennedy. All of these are still evident today in 2013.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NUT surpriZed

Pompano Beach, FL

#874373 Mar 15, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
I'm really on a roll now!!!!! I've got four sockpuppets excluding one illegitimate poster, myself, going at once. Hope my doctors don't catch on!!!!!
Excited, Not Surprized
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#874374 Mar 15, 2013
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You doing all right?
It's been about 6 months, did your uneployment run out?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#874375 Mar 15, 2013
The Flamethrower Shultz demoted to Week Ends!! I’m wondering will Al Gore old TV network now own by Al Jazeera reach out to Shultz!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#874376 Mar 15, 2013
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
More embarrassing than Joe Buffoon Biden, I think not.
I got those tickets to see Hairspray you asked for. This is fourth time you have seen that musical, what's up?
Homer hums show tunes all the time.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#874377 Mar 15, 2013
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You doing all right?
Good for you! Yeah he pops in once in a while. Claims he is living up in the woods of Virginia. Doing great! Girls driving me crazy though.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#874378 Mar 15, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Sorta like Nascar.
Homer is a soccer kind of guy, fan of the sport designed for kids not skilled enough to play anything else.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#874379 Mar 15, 2013
TSM wrote:
The Flamethrower Shultz demoted to Week Ends!! I’m wondering will Al Gore old TV network now own by Al Jazeera reach out to Shultz!
Chris Matthews is next.

MSNBC now owned by a for-profit corporation.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Bronx, NY

#874380 Mar 15, 2013
1953: The U.S. overthrows Prime Minister Mossadeq of Iran and installs the Shah as Dictator
1954: The U.S. overthrows democratically-elected President Arbenz of Guatamala while killing over 200,000 civilians.
1963: The U.S. backs the assassination of South Vietnamese President Diem paving the way for the killing of 4 million civilians in Southeast Asia from 1963 to 1975
1973: The U.S. stages a coup in Chile. Democratically-elected President Salvador Allende was assassinated. Augusto Pinochet was installed as Dictator. 5,000 Chileans were murdered.
1977: The U.S. backs military rulers of El Salvador. 70,000 Salvadorans were killed along with 4 American nuns.
1980: The U.S. trains Osama Bin Laden and his men to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan bankrolled by 3 billion dollars from the CIA.
1981: The Reagan Administration trains and funds contras (Nicaraguan rebels) 30,000 Nicaraguans die.
1982: The U.S. provides billions of dollars in aid to Saddam Hussein for weapons to fight the Iranians.
1983: The White House secretly gives Iranians the weapons to fight the Iraqis they are also funding.
1989: CIA agent Manuel Noriega (also serving as President of Panama) disobeys orders from Washington leading to an American invasion to remove him. There were 3,000 Panamanian civilian casualties.
1990: Iraq invades Kuwait with weapons provided from the United States.
1991: The U.S. enters Iraq and President Bush reinstates the dictator of Kuwait.
1998: President Clinton orders the bombing of a supposed weapons factory in the Sudan. The factory, as it turns out, was making aspirin.
2000: The U.S. gives Taliban-ruled Afghanistan 245 million dollars in aid.
2001: Osama Bin Laden purportedly uses his expert CIA training to murder 3,000 U.S. citizens on American soil.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 21 min KiMerde 50,063
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 36 min Mister Tonka 98,373
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 37 min Kristy 47,065
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr WelbyMD 178,617
Group of thieves hit Bentley Gold Coast store 1 hr Go Blue Forever 4
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr HughBe 69,541
Jesus Christ, the Son of God 3 hr Son of God 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]