Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1261600 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#874692 Mar 15, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you find piece someday. In fact, I hope you find all of your missing pieces.
But, above all, I hope you can find your missing nacelles so you can climb into your little cowgirl spaceship and leave the f*kin' galaxy.
Again, congratulations, this time for finding better LSD.

that last batch...well, you should have known better than to keyster the whole shipment. You'll learn.

Quit stashing your jerk socks in the air vents, honey...there aren't enough cardboard pine trees in the world.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#874694 Mar 16, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The same ones who keep their fingers up their buttholes.
Stay classy, you.
I applaud your adherence to your mission....
If one can't be a good example, the least one can do is serve as a dire warning.
Kudos!
")

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#874695 Mar 16, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Very touching.
Kids. Love 'em.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#874696 Mar 16, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Again, congratulations, this time for finding better LSD.
that last batch...well, you should have known better than to keyster the whole shipment. You'll learn.
Quit stashing your jerk socks in the air vents, honey...there aren't enough cardboard pine trees in the world.
You have never turned a corner in your entire lifetime because those silly circles keep you busy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#874697 Mar 16, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Stay classy, you.
I applaud your adherence to your mission....
If one can't be a good example, the least one can do is serve as a dire warning.
Kudos!
")
Don't let the toilet seat hit you on the head.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#874698 Mar 16, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
....quoth the voice of bitter and frequent experience.

Thanks for the 'heads-up', so to speak, but the warning was completely irrelevant to my circumstances.

Illuminating as to yours, however.....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 13

Orlando, FL

#874699 Mar 16, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Now don't you feel childish.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#874700 Mar 16, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You have never turned a corner in your entire lifetime because those silly circles keep you busy.
And you've never turned a corner in yours, which hasn't broken your nose by way of the ol' dirt road.
Moving on.......

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#874701 Mar 16, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Kids. Love 'em.
But for god's sake, don't acknowledge the gay, female, or 'brown' ones as US citizens with 'Constitutional rights'.

If they have rights, those rights automatically infringe on your old white male ones.

("So sayeth the shepherd..........SO SAYETH THE FLOCK.")

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#874702 Mar 16, 2013
Erm,'straight' white male ones.

I figure you're old, but I could be wrong there.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#874703 Mar 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
linked through TAC....
Paul Krugman Is Brilliant, but Is He Meta-Rational?
http://theumlaut.com/2013/03/13/paul-krugman-...
pay no attention to that edited, filtered, and rehashed crap.
oh but there's more....
The Drone Strikes We Really Should Worry About
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/03/targe...
just ignore that left wing site bashing Obama. it's just edited, filtered, and rehashed crap.
Sonicfiller is responsible for what he says. You are not resonsible for what you understand.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#874704 Mar 16, 2013
responsible

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Greenfield, MA

#874705 Mar 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"Loopholes" can be closed, but dumbass Dave might not like some of the loopholes to be closed.
High on the list would be tax credits and subsidies for bogus wind and solar energy projects.
Then there is always the Earned Income Credit.
Yeah stupid, wind and solar are so bogus that the Chinese are making heavy investments in both as are the Germans. The Chinese in particular are not fools. They realize that an economy based primarily on fossil fuels isn't sustainable in the long run. Morons like you can't see beyond the end of your nose.
By the way the earned income credit was put into law by Ronald Reagan. It puts money into the pockets of people who are going to spend it and stimulate the economy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Greenfield, MA

#874706 Mar 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is already providing weapons to radical Islamists in Syria.
No he's not liar, but who wanted to? Mitt Romney.
www.businessinsider.com/romney-wants-to-arm-t... ...
You're an idiot!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#874707 Mar 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of your stuff is opinion pieces, op-eds, not straight news at all. Doubt if you know the difference.
somehow different from your never ending 'opinion'.

nutjob trolls. you're all a real hoot, especially your leader. you know...the one who disappears every time she gets slammed.

hi carol.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#874708 Mar 16, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
responsible
lol

say what understand!?

lol

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#874709 Mar 16, 2013
Hey Repubs !!!!!!!!!! I think you all may have gotten suckered on that Drill Baby Drill crap.
For the first time since 1949, the United States exported more gasoline, heating oil and diesel fuel last year than it imported, the Energy Department reported today.

Bloomberg writes that to offset weak U.S. demand, refiners exported 439,000 barrels a day more than were imported the year before. In 2010, daily imports averaged 269,000 barrels, according to the Petroleum Supply Monthly report.

Imports of crude oil and related products fell 11% last year, reaching a level not seen since 1995.

News of record gasoline exports comes as the pump price rose today for the 22nd straight day ($3.78 a gallon average) and the Energy Department reported separately that gasoline inventories fell last week while crude oil inventories and imports rose.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#874710 Mar 16, 2013
CPAC are you mad?

Number one we have of course the Conservative Political Action Converence holding their annual meeting. There are some notable absences and with good reason. The highest profiles missing are Chris Christie and Bob McDonnell, Governors of New Jersey and Virginia respectfully. The reasons for their absences are already well known to many people on this site. In short they turned in their conservative credentials in exchange for populism. I am not regretting their absence but instead I am taking note of a lack of consistency. Number one Jeb Bush was invited and quite frankly he really isn’t anymore conservative than either Christie or McDonnell and unlike either he is not a sitting U.S. Governor. Mitt Romney was also invited. I don’t really think I have to go into that. My biggest pet peeve is the fact that Donald Trump was invited. Trump is just as liberal as Christie if not more so, in fact his only claim to conservatism is that he endorsed Birtherism and made Obama show his birth certificate. Birtherism is a conspiracy theory with little to no grounds in reality. Personally I think this little sideshow helped Obama politically and may even have been encouraged by him.

So in other words Donald Trump managed to generate enthusiasm among a bunch of lunes who called themselves conservatives and now he gets to label himself conservative.

If CPAC wants to be taken seriously they must stop inviting these type of people to events. Tell “the Donald” to leave his check at the door and go home. You can write him a thank you card but by no means let him give a speech.

Is there any other Liberals CPAC invited that I failed to mention? If so please leave their name in the discussion box.

http://www.redstate.com/midwestconservative/2...

liberals at CPAC. i never would have guessed.

so floriduh, how come you didn't go? or maybe you did.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#874711 Mar 16, 2013
LAPIERRE SURPRISES CPAC CROWD WITH NEW GUNS UNDER SEATS

NRA chief executive Wayne LaPierre ended a rousing anti-gun-control speech at CPAC Friday by surprising his unsuspecting audience with new handguns, which had been taped under their seats, Oprah-style.

“Before you go back to defend your homes, I have a surprise for you,” said the gun lobby’s chief spokesman.“I want everyone to look under their seats.”

Taped to the underside of each chair was a fully loaded handgun, ranging from .32 caliber Colts to .45 caliber Smith & Wessons.

“That’s right, everybody gets a new gun!” LaPierre screamed.“Now go out there and kill a bad person also I’m not crazy!”

LaPierre’s small arms largesse was met with unbridled enthusiasm for the 2nd Amendment.

“We love you Wayne!” shouted 46-year-old attendee Byram Holt of Indiana as he drifted in and out of consciousness due to a stomach wound inflicted by equally excited attendee Angelic Naughton of Ft. Worth, Texas.

Like others wounded in the euphoria, Holt would not go to a hospital, saying he refused to let Obamacare take credit for saving him. Instead he appealed to fellow CPAC members, who were only to willing to help.

“I don’t have any bandages, but I have a gun!” said Reese Henderson, an attendee from Richmond.

“They’re good for everything!” Naughton encouraged.

Henderson then shot Holt in his wound, after which the injured man died.“Problem solved!” said Henderson.

“He was probably going to be a rapist anyway,” Naughton speculated.

http://www.satirewire.com/content1/...

darn. i should have gone. a chance to shoot a nutjob would've almost been worth the price of admission.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Chicagoan by Birth

Mishawaka, IN

#874712 Mar 16, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
Hey Repubs !!!!!!!!!! I think you all may have gotten suckered on that Drill Baby Drill crap.
For the first time since 1949, the United States exported more gasoline, heating oil and diesel fuel last year than it imported, the Energy Department reported today.
Bloomberg writes that to offset weak U.S. demand, refiners exported 439,000 barrels a day more than were imported the year before. In 2010, daily imports averaged 269,000 barrels, according to the Petroleum Supply Monthly report.
Imports of crude oil and related products fell 11% last year, reaching a level not seen since 1995.
News of record gasoline exports comes as the pump price rose today for the 22nd straight day ($3.78 a gallon average) and the Energy Department reported separately that gasoline inventories fell last week while crude oil inventories and imports rose.
Hey Dumbass, Why did they export it? 1. Because we're not using it, 2. Because we don't have jobs to go to because no one will invest in a country that spends money like the Mississippi flows.. Taxes it as if we were making money we don't need? Of course Barack Hussein Obama needs the money, he has been on the dole his entire life.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Rogue Scholar 05 194,308
Abby 7-28-15 12 min PEllen 1
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr RACE 5,377
News Weekend shooting toll in Chicago: 7 dead, 35 wo... 2 hr reality is a crutch 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr OzRitz 54,328
Ask Amy 7-27-15 12 hr mrs gladys kravitz 8
Dear Abby 7-27-15 13 hr mrs gladys kravitz 7
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 hr CrunchyBacon 100,188
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages