Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232182 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

TSM

El Paso, TX

#874398 Mar 15, 2013
Overbite/Schultz is MSNBC!! This move is nothing more than to try to camouflage who they are, its not going to Work!! Like they say You can put Lipstick on a Pig, But its Still a Pig!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#874399 Mar 15, 2013
Gay rights activists say Portman will not be the last Republican senator to endorse gay marriage.

We are moved by the love and support ... Portman and his wife are showing their son, Ian James, FreedomOhio co-founder, told the Cincinnati Enquirer.We appreciate the fact that the Senator wants his son to be able to marry and form a family to find the same happiness and security as his parents. Each day you can feel the momentum building toward ending marriage discrimination in Ohio.

John Galt moved as well?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#874400 Mar 15, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>You seem fixated on me today.
Yeah, he's got his big bubba groove on today.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#874401 Mar 15, 2013
To be fair, I will try to be more witty and less bitter.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#874402 Mar 15, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to flatter yourself again, I see.
Hey Gunner, good to see you, how you doing today?
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#874403 Mar 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, he's got his big bubba groove on today.
I got my haircut yesterday, maybe he thought I bought a wig?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#874405 Mar 15, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>You try dealing with these ignorant rightwingers. The fact that there are this many dummies roaming around is bound to make any normal person bitter and depressed. We need spending cuts and tax increases, we're broke remember.
Homer is half right, as usual.

Please feel free to make a voluntary payment to the US Treasury to show your conviction.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#874406 Mar 15, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
Sen. Rob Portman (R) of Ohio, a steadfast conservative, announced his support for gay marriage Friday, reversing his previous opposition to it.
That's got to sting a bit eh rightwingers?
The Romney campaign learned about Portman's son when vetting Portman for the VP slot. Portman would have made a far better choice than Paul Ryan and was probably passed over because, because, because. At this point Portman has nothing to lose__he'll continue along as a senator and his kid won't hate him.
NUT surpriZed

Pompano Beach, FL

#874407 Mar 15, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
<quoted text>
"Not Surprized" on board!!! Show my favorite sockpuppet some topix love!!!
Keep an eye on which posts I respond to!!! It's quite revealng!!
I scratched and clawed my way out today folks, what can I say!
Warm hugs, Not Surprized.
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#874409 Mar 15, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Gunner, good to see you, how you doing today?
Good, and you?
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#874410 Mar 15, 2013
Who is Gunner?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#874411 Mar 15, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>You try dealing with these ignorant rightwingers. The fact that there are this many dummies roaming around is bound to make any normal person bitter and depressed. We need spending cuts and tax increases, we're broke remember.
Phone home when your man-love Obama proposes an actual spending cut.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#874412 Mar 15, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
Sen. Rob Portman (R) of Ohio, a steadfast conservative, announced his support for gay marriage Friday, reversing his previous opposition to it.
That's got to sting a bit eh rightwingers?
Galt is focused on cutting spending and keeping taxes down.

Homer can focus on the important stuff like birth control, homosexual marriage, and gun control.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#874413 Mar 15, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
Step it up with the judgits fellas!!!!!!!!!
GET THE LEAD OUT!!!!!!!!!!
Feverishly, NWaxman
Jeesh, you are here every day chasing after your fictitious Waxman. Are you on welfare with nothing to do? What a sorry existence you have. If I had as much time as you to do nothing, I certainly wouldn't be on a lame Topix thread every minute of my life. Why don't you for for a walk, looks like you could use it, as long as you don't scare people.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#874414 Mar 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer is half right, as usual.
Please feel free to make a voluntary payment to the US Treasury to show your conviction.
I do every paycheck, although I guess that is not voluntary, but I am happy enough to do it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#874415 Mar 15, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
Gay rights activists say Portman will not be the last Republican senator to endorse gay marriage.
We are moved by the love and support ... Portman and his wife are showing their son, Ian James, FreedomOhio co-founder, told the Cincinnati Enquirer.We appreciate the fact that the Senator wants his son to be able to marry and form a family to find the same happiness and security as his parents. Each day you can feel the momentum building toward ending marriage discrimination in Ohio.
John Galt moved as well?
Galt believes that marriage (or whatever one wants to call it) should be a private contract between individuals, without government involvement.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
HOPE-WOW-COC-TRU TH-HEMLOC

Bronx, NY

#874416 Mar 15, 2013
DID THE DEMOCRATS STOP RIOTING IN BROOKLYN YET loloo
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#874417 Mar 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt is focused on cutting spending and keeping taxes down.
Homer can focus on the important stuff like birth control, homosexual marriage, and gun control.
Take it up with Portman, seems he's not as focused as you. How is that working out for you?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#874418 Mar 15, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
What's up fckers?
This is about as witty as Homer gets lately.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#874419 Mar 15, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>I got my haircut yesterday, maybe he thought I bought a wig?
If Homer thinks that Moochelle hasn't gone Oprah, that is his right.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 6 min RICO 7,567
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min FastandFurious 189,687
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Dream Crystal 5,991
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr positronium 53,465
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Dream Crystal 5,239
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 1 hr Dream Crystal 405
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 1 hr Dream Crystal 1,179
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]