Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#873732 Mar 14, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks again jackwagon as you once again proved what an abject moron you are. So to use your logic you should be watching FOX news since much to your chagrin they are the #1 watched news channel in America.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/03/13/c...
So be a typical liberal and divert and lie, so we know you haven't changed your stripes.
LOSER
4.26% of the Republicans who voted for Romney watch FOX.

very impressive.
Florida

Atlanta, GA

#873733 Mar 14, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Florida is going to graduate on time, no matter how long it takes..
LOL.. "No Surprize" post farting in his rear view mirror, in his own gaseous, tailpipe wind storm. Sometimes "No Surprize" has to do more with his mouth than just polish head...
Florida

Atlanta, GA

#873734 Mar 14, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm...about that water pitcher blessed by a hundred hands... could we veer off the traditional path just a bit, lighten it up and switch it out for some lavender foot balm?
Nice bird :-).
You are still looking for friends with the same mental disorder and fantasies as you. You are a very special kind of stupid aren't you?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#873735 Mar 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
very impressive.
And the 47% of Americans who pay no taxes voted for Obama due to the feebies he promised.

Very impressive ... he is truly the king of the losers and you are one of his most loyal subjects.

HAHAHAHA
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#873736 Mar 14, 2013
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.. "No Surprize" post farting in his rear view mirror, in his own gaseous, tailpipe wind storm. Sometimes "No Surprize" has to do more with his mouth than just polish head...
Being challenged in life is your inevitable stupid Florida, you being a deranged moron and your sorry ass remaining on a black urban preserve in Georgia with your hand-out is your best choice idiot..
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#873737 Mar 14, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>We don't have as many horses and bayonets either Governor! GET WITH THE PROGRAM. It is 2013!
Actually, the Marines still have bayonets, Moonbat.

Do you recall the part where Obama & Candy Crowley lied about Benghazi? That was on purpose, but of course, you extreme wingnuts ignore that fact, right hater? Crowley even admitted it the next day, hater.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Atlanta, GA

#873738 Mar 14, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your idiotic rant from the 3rd grade sandbox. Clearly demonstrates the troll mentality in you. Nothing of substance and thick in vitriol. Not surprising your a democrat ... most of you claim higher education when most haven't even passed your GED exam.
Your last sentence should be enough for any to discern you have the intellect and education of an underpass stumble bum. Who's knows you may just be.
Do you Ruthie have any idea or comprehension as to how ridiculous and stupid you look??
-
NO one else on this thread looks as stupid as you do... Hello!!..
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#873739 Mar 14, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
And the 47% of Americans who pay no taxes voted for Obama due to the feebies he promised.
Very impressive ... he is truly the king of the losers and you are one of his most loyal subjects.
HAHAHAHA
back to the myth.

no surprize.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#873740 Mar 14, 2013
Complaining is a Multi-Billion-Dollar Industry

"The idea that we consistently complain about all the imperfections that are around us, that are part of the vicissitudes of life is another one of these things that ďconservativesĒ are going to have to come to grips with sooner or later. All that just continuing to complain does is make complaining a world-class industry. Itís a multi-billion dollar industry, the complaining industry."

"To complain about this in the manner in which we complain about it is to imply that at some point in the past there werenít things to complain about and that life was perfect. Until these nasty, progressive liberals came along, all was right with the world. Streets were paved with gold. There was no sickness, no unemployment, no bad children, no bad men, no murders, no rapes, no theft, none of this. Itís only a recent thing thatís come along since Chris Matthews has been born. Itís only a recent thing thatís come along since John Dewey was born. Itís only a recent thing that came along since the advent of the modern progressives, since Theodore Roosevelt was president. That is just a historically redundant point of view. We would be wise, I think, to abandon it."

http://www.theimaginativeconservative.org/com...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Atlanta, GA

#873741 Mar 14, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Being challenged in life is your inevitable stupid Florida, you being a deranged moron and your sorry ass remaining on a black urban preserve in Georgia with your hand-out is your best choice idiot..
We all know mirrors don't lie, you should be grateful they don't laugh you idiot...
Florida

Atlanta, GA

#873742 Mar 14, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the Marines still have bayonets, Moonbat.
Do you recall the part where Obama & Candy Crowley lied about Benghazi? That was on purpose, but of course, you extreme wingnuts ignore that fact, right hater? Crowley even admitted it the next day, hater.
"No Surprize". A grin with an idiot behind it..
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#873743 Mar 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
very impressive.
When posting on Topix, there is a fine line between "what's on your deranged mind FOX" and "You should probably see a therapist about this." sonicfiller?
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#873744 Mar 14, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>FACTS BEFUDDLE THEM...is it sad, really.
HEY STUPID! You wouldn't know the difference between a fact and left wing propaganda from your loons on the left if someone hit you in one of the acres on your enormous behind.

Carol was absolutely correct that companies aren't hiring because of Obamacare. PDUPONT just ignores that and spins. He makes really lame arguments, but that is a step above you though. You on the other hand, simply are here to vent your hate, wierdo.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#873745 Mar 14, 2013
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know mirrors don't lie, you should be grateful they don't laugh you idiot...
You're alone Florida, black, but happy.
Florida

Atlanta, GA

#873746 Mar 14, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY STUPID! You wouldn't know the difference between a fact and left wing propaganda from your loons on the left if someone hit you in one of the acres on your enormous behind.
Carol was absolutely correct that companies aren't hiring because of Obamacare. PDUPONT just ignores that and spins. He makes really lame arguments, but that is a step above you though. You on the other hand, simply are here to vent your hate, wierdo.
"No Surprize" is a First Internet Clown School graduate. Learn roof top clowning and clown school skills: makeup, balloons, magic, mind reading and more...
-
It's the culture..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#873747 Mar 14, 2013
the new guy at FOX....

Every person who talks and writes about politics gets stuff wrong. Iíve gotten my fair share wrong. But what I think I got most wrong in Campaign 2012 was the damage Mitt Romneyís ď47%Ē remark would do to him.

It may seem obvious, but bear with me.

Mitt Romney was talking off the cuff to a supposedly off the record group of donors and muddled several data points together, ultimately telling the tale of the 47% who wonít vote for him for any reason. He was referencing the 47% who donít pay taxes and interwove it with a 47% of locked in Obama support. The statement was a mess.

I didnít think Mitt Romney would be as hurt by the statement as he was because I assumed Romney had misspoken in an off the cuff way. I assumed Romney would clarify that he knew many of those who have government assistance did not actually want the assistance, but needed it. I assumed heíd make the case that heíd help those people get off the government dole and back into work.

In other words, I assumed Romney believed what I believe ó many of those people are good people who fell on hard times and are not of the same class of people who will vote for Barack Obama for free stuff. I was absolutely wrong. Romney not only believes completely what he said as he said it, he reinforced it with his post election analysis of his defeat blaming gifts to various classes of people. If that was true, as Newt Gingrich pointed out, Romney had plenty to gift to plenty strapped to the back of marching elephants.

Note to Mitt Romney: really, itís you, not them. Seriously.

http://www.redstate.com/2012/11/20/ronald-rea...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Atlanta, GA

#873748 Mar 14, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>You're alone Florida, black, but happy.
You are a very special kind of stupid aren't you?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#873749 Mar 14, 2013
Earth-sized planets in habitable zone more common than previously thought
Florida

Atlanta, GA

#873750 Mar 14, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>You're alone Florida, black, but happy.
LOL.. and more Proof that ignorance, racism and bigotry are inbred into the DNA of the sellout "No Surprize"... AND... As usual, your shit stained sheet is still on display.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#873752 Mar 14, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll have to try that again. Your incoherent, incognizant mastication of muffled grammar reminds one of bar flies at lunchtime; indistinct, irritating and irrelevant.
Do you also wear a Mustache, Tattoos and smoke big cigars while pole dancing down at Larry's??
Oh, my, shinning tries to appear erudite but only succeeds in redundancy.(BTW, incognizant is a disputed spelling.) Just how do you define "grammar"? Seriously...other than poorly...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ask Amy 4-27-15 4 min PEllen 1
Dear Abby 4-27-15 5 min PEllen 1
abby 4-26 27 min mrs gladys kravitz 3
bf jealous of cats 33 min guest 1
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 44 min Freddy Krueger 89
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 69,714
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr RJS 8,017
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Learn to Read 187,370
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]