Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#873431 Mar 13, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
3-1/2. The GOP wants to "reform" Medicare. That word seems to trip up a lot of you liberal types.
If we keep going down the path of thinking the status quo is acceptable, a lot of people on your side of the fence are in for a rude awakening.
By "reform" the Republican reactionaries mean they want to slash and burn the Medicare program.
Carol probably knows nothing about the history of REAL reforms which are always opposed by the Right, and always pioneered by the Left.
Rightwing Republicans OPPOSED Medicare back in the 1960s, when it was just being established during the time of th Lyndon Johnson administration.
Indeed, Ronald Reagan and his corporate sponsors ran TV ads depicting Medicare as a Communist plot, as a USSR-style program.
Rightwingers also opposed Social Security, the 8 hour day, and the reight to collective bargaining during he time of the FDR administation in the 1930s.
But the tide was agains the reactionaries during the 1930s & 1960s.
They couldn't stop those popular and progressive reforms, though they never rea;;u accepted them.
Now the stone age reactionaries hope to "reform" these reforms out of existence, or leave them totally eviscerated.
Same with the Voting Rights Act. Same with all the gains won by women.
In short, the American conservatives are not even just conservative anymore. They're FASCISTS.
carol

Orlando, FL

#873433 Mar 13, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>the wealthy--including politicians and Hollywierd--will pay a fine to not buy insurance and then pay out of pocket for quality, private healthcare without a wait. the rest of Americans will have at best mediocre government issued healthcare, with quality similar to welfare cheese and the efficiency of any government run agency.
The Associated Press released this today:

"Because of opposition to the health care law in some states, the federal government will run the new insurance markets in about half the states. And states that reject the law's Medicaid expansion will be left with large numbers of poor people uninsured.

"HHS estimates it will receive more than 4.3 million applications for financial assistance in 2014 with online applications accounting for about 80 percent of them."

http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/13/17...

Can some of us possibly be any more clueless about what's about to happen?
carol

Orlando, FL

#873435 Mar 13, 2013
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
By "reform" the Republican reactionaries mean they want to slash and burn the Medicare program.
NBC NEWS - Ryan's budget again seeks changes to Medicare, namely by establishing an exchange of private plans (including traditional Medicare) from which seniors could choose, with the assistance of a premium support voucher. The plan would apply for those under the age of 54 — a threshold one year younger than past Ryan proposals — and also employ means-testing, in which wealthier seniors pay a higher share of their premiums.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/...

Please tell me what I'm missing here that you just don't seem to get.
Jean

Hollywood, FL

#873437 Mar 13, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>the wealthy--including politicians and Hollywierd--will pay a fine to not buy insurance and then pay out of pocket for quality, private healthcare without a wait. the rest of Americans will have at best mediocre government issued healthcare, with quality similar to welfare cheese and the efficiency of any government run agency.
What a dope. Inferior like Medicare ...the most popular healthacre program in the country? Do you have any brain cells? You knowhow much a single serious medical incident costs? Like the ones people like Carol who don't followtheir doctors' order rack up every year? Eat another donut after you sling some of the red herrings fed t o you by fox propaganda for morons network

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#873438 Mar 13, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
How many wealthy people don't have health insurance???

Don't many of these people already pay for better care & service? Many high ed doctors charge their clients a retainer like fee.

Are you really that dumb?
Jean

Hollywood, FL

#873439 Mar 13, 2013
carol wrote:
Restaurant owners haven't exactly checked their disdain for the new law requiring employers with more than 50 full-time workers to provide health care coverage for them or be fined $3,000 per worker. Chief executives and franchise owners for Denny's (DENN +1.40%), Papa John's (PZZA +2.58%), DineEquity's (DINE) Applebee's, Wendy's (WEN +0.55%), Darden Restaurants (DRI +2.02%), Whole Foods Market (WFM +2.58%) and others have all bemoaned the new expenses and have publicly suggested that they will cut employee hours to avoid the mandate. A Denny's franchisee in Florida went so far as to suggest that customers pay a surcharge for it and deduct the amount from servers' tips.
http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx...
This is just the beginning folks...
Better the rest of us should continue...as we have for years....to pay for the healthcare of their unnsured employees in higher fees and prmiums bcause they get care too late nd in the most expensive venue..the ER .
That big mouth Denny's franchiser lost millions of dollars in business for the franchise.
The Undertaker

Pompano Beach, FL

#873440 Mar 13, 2013
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
What a dope. Inferior like Medicare ...the most popular healthacre program in the country? Do you have any brain cells? You knowhow much a single serious medical incident costs? Like the ones people like Carol who don't followtheir doctors' order rack up every year? Eat another donut after you sling some of the red herrings fed t o you by fox propaganda for morons network
You were supposed to stay underground. A vile beast bobo is required to remain in the cemetary, not post on the forum.

Loysville, PA

#873441 Mar 13, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave cute but ignorant!! Government doesn’t generate Revenues it confiscates them form the backs of Hard Working Americans!!
Yet another right whiner who thinks supporting their country is the government stealing his money.

Loysville, PA

#873442 Mar 13, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The Associated Press released this today:
"Because of opposition to the health care law in some states, the federal government will run the new insurance markets in about half the states. And states that reject the law's Medicaid expansion will be left with large numbers of poor people uninsured.
"HHS estimates it will receive more than 4.3 million applications for financial assistance in 2014 with online applications accounting for about 80 percent of them."
http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/13/17...
Can some of us possibly be any more clueless about what's about to happen?
People are going to be able to get health insurance & have access to healthcare.

OMG We can't have that.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#873443 Mar 13, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>RealDave wants the government in his womb, he'd f*ck a senator..
"No Surprize"
"reak dumb will neverfuck a senator or anyone else. He lacks the equipment, he is all mouth.
Peace
HOPE-WOW-COC-TRU TH-HEMLOC

Bronx, NY

#873447 Mar 13, 2013
LOLOLOLHCongressional Black Caucus Chairwoman Marcia L. Fudge is escalating her campaign to urge President Barack Obama to pick African-Americans for his Cabinet, publicly releasing a letter that slams the first black president for a lack of diversity among his closest advisers.

“The people you have chosen to appoint in this new term have hardly been reflective of this country’s diversity,” the Ohio Democrat said in the March 11 letter.

Fudge adds that CBC members’ offices have received phone calls from angry constituents questioning why Obama hasn’t nominated anyone with the ability “to speak to the unique needs of African Americans. Their ire is compounded by the overwhelming support you’ve received from the African American community.”

AHAHAAH
NUT surpriZed

Pompano Beach, FL

#873448 Mar 13, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
Hello again my topix friends. Allow me to introduce and request another one of those warm topix welcomes to my latest sockpuppet, Jean. Notice how I (in sockpuppet mode) am not the only one who responds to it. I love the feeling of power I get from telling "myself" off. It reminds me of my sex life lately!!
<quoted text>
Feeling lonely, Not Surprized.
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
HOPE-WOW-COC-TRU TH-HEMLOC

Bronx, NY

#873449 Mar 13, 2013
OBAMA AS PRESIDENT HAS NOT BLOCKED THE CHINESE FROM PAINTING africa red africans do not worship obama LOLOLOLOLOL kenya has spoken Kenyatta YES,nobama no lololol thats ok we see what obama does in America we dont want one lololhahaha
TSM

El Paso, TX

#873451 Mar 13, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another right whiner who thinks supporting their country is the government stealing his money.
RealDave…If I was asked to use a noun to illustrate your life style ‘Parasite’ Freeloader!!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#873452 Mar 13, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave…If I was asked to use a noun to illustrate your life style ‘Parasite’ Freeloader!!
Government has become an assisted living center for RealDave.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#873453 Mar 13, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't SAY they should recover his body, after all it's about as covered as it can get right now! WhatI SAID was it was a shame that his family didn't have anything to bury after he died in the cave-in which buried him so completely. As Christians it is our duty to bury our dead even when God already did it for us!
God made the sinkhole? 8^0

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#873454 Mar 13, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Totally Stupid Mofo, it should read "If I WERE..." Guess reich-wing 47 percenters just don't know subjunctive mood or anything else of importance.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#873456 Mar 13, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
Hello again my topix friends. Allow me to introduce and request another one of those warm topix welcomes to my latest sockpuppet, Jean. Notice how I (in sockpuppet mode) am the only one who responds to it. I love the feeling of power I get from telling "myself" off. It reminds me of my sex life lately!!
<quoted text>
Feeling lonely, NWaxman.
Stop being such a stinker if you don't like feeling lonely.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#873457 Mar 13, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone can take a photo of a stack of papers with a red ribbon on it, bfd. You're so gullible it's pathetic.
You're a sheep, lily. Plain and simple.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#873458 Mar 13, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The guy you quoted is a liar.
If you read that page you referenced, it said Obamacare was projected to add 6.2 trillion to the deficit.
This is a blatant lie. He refers to a report requested by Sessions that asked the GAO to look at the ACA numbers if certain revenue generating aspects were NOT included. The GAO said if that was the case, then the ACA could run deficits at that number.
But the ACA does include those revenue generating aspects.
Please list those revenue generating aspects.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min factcheck 47,495
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min jacques Ottawa 179,350
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 32 min Jonah1 50,617
Car Paint, Paint and Various cosmetics products... 59 min johnson 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Mandela 68,650
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 70,076
Emanuel set to outline re-election agenda in fi... 2 hr wasademocratNomore 5
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]