Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
803,721 - 803,740 of 1,082,984 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Vouchers for Medicare not SS
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

I'll tell you what, if you own stock you pretty much have to send the president a thank you note. I mean seriously ever since he took office it's been going up and up and up.

If you want I can draft something and we can all sign it.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Better hurry, I hear land prices are sky-rocketing...
That's why lily moved over to Earth.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

sonicfilter wrote:
The Double Bind
What stands in the way of a Republican revival? Republicans.
I doubt John Boehner has read much feminist theory, but it’s never too late for him to start. He and other GOP leaders, not to mention the Republicans who want to run for president in 2016, might want to familiarize themselves with the concept of the double bind. They are in the middle of one, and it will be difficult for them to escape.
....Here’s the problem. The domestic proposals that have the greatest chance of making the Republican party attractive to the “coalition of the ascendant”&#8203;—&#82 03;immigrants, members of the millennial generation, single white women&#8203;—&#8203;in volve far more government intervention in the economy than the GOP coalition&#8203;—&#820 3;married white people, Wall Street, the Tea Party&#8203;—&#8203;wi ll allow. And we haven’t even mentioned changing the GOP approach to social issues, which would drive the Republican base of religious conservatives out of the party. Pursuing such proposals would break the coalition that puts Republicans close to a majority.
On the other hand, sticking with the policies that glue this so-close-to-a-majority coalition together would foreclose the possibility of expanding the GOP vote. And it would limit the vote Republicans pull from disaffected voters who used to support the GOP but have turned away for various reasons.
There’s more. Trying to appeal to the coalition of the ascendant and the Reagan coalition simultaneously would give the party a severe case of political schizophrenia. The GOP would bewilder its historic base of support while disappointing newcomers, leading to confusion, disillusionment, apathy, and perhaps (ultimately) dissolution.
The Republicans, like feminists, can’t have it all. They are trapped in the double bind.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/double...
Plus they won't let Homer join them, I am white but apparently not white enough.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama plantation voters will have lots of time to consume free healthcare services, given that the costs of Obamacare will make them unemployable.
Galt loves it when a plan comes together.
Good job, Barack.
Thought it was kind of amusing that after a few "fact checkers" danced around the IRS's hypothetical cost of Obamacare costing $20,000 per family including the Anneheim Institute, one sentence in their effort to try and clear things up was:

"So far, no one knows exactly how much insurance plans on the exchanges will cost."

http://factcheck.org/2013/03/obamacare-to-cos...

That's the problem. No one knows much of anything except the bill is now 20,000 pages long after the beurocratic regulations were added to the original and still growing.

Yeah, I don't think we have anything to worry about.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Better hurry, I hear land prices are sky-rocketing...
Insecure men steal women's identities and locations who intimidate them.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok then, to NOT be fair Hecate spent a good deal of time in Mississippi so I think it's fair to say she's seen a lotta "poor" already. As for MY being fair or not, I think we need to return to that precipice you spend so much time in front of. Now, look down... no, further... a little more... just a squinch further... now what's that grey thing lying on the bottom? Look carefully... uh-huh... yup, it's your own ass isn't it? That's the thing about precipices, when you're on top you dread the bottom, when you're on the bottom you're just a stone's throw from the top. Yessirree, that whole perspective thing is a bitch, ain't it? Anyways there you (we) are in Orlando. So are we on top or on the bottom? i would suggest there's a good chance that living at Disneyworld married to a guy who flies little planes around like he was John Travolta is the bottom of the bottom and you certainly don't have to worry about falling up now do you?
Insecure men steal women's identities and locations who intimidate them.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
I'm serious. You really do have to see this to believe it.
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2013/0...
With the new and growing legal interpretaions and regulations, the original bill is now nearly eight times the length of the original.
20,000 pages' worth...so far...taller than Kobe Bryant.
Might as well quote Rush Limbaugh.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
Vouchers for Medicare not SS
Look, you're in over your head, take a few minutes and plan for you future. http://www.benefits.gov/
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

FYI...I'm leaving now so my "insecure namesake" will be the only posting for a while.

Later.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>If they couldn't meddle in other people's business, as all of your posting shows, they wouldn't have anything to do.. God forbid they actually work for a living..
Yeah.......because telling folks they can't have a giant soda pop is TOTALLY more intrusive than telling women we can't control our own reproductive lives....

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> They don't care. They just want somebody to take care of them.
All these THEY (no antecedents given) vs US rubbish. Just how many of THEM do you know so intimately? How did YOU meet THEM? Honestly, most of the lazy bums who wanted to get on the dole rather than do something productive were like the Whites of West Virginia: drunken, druggy, and bigoted republican.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

It's like I was telling new yawk the other day, I'm always so scared of everything that hasn't happened yet and it's because my mother always told me that "Whatever goes up has to come down, and vice versa." that's why, to this day, I buy the leisure suits with the velcro laces? Anyways, I was out shopping and it occurred to me what would happen if prices were to go up? So I got worried and then a voice in my head said, "Wallace won't be able to buy that new Corsair he's been drooling over and I might have to forego that 83" TV I've been wanting for when the grandkid comes on Easter! And then I said to myself, I'll bet the other people in this store are worried about the same thing, particularly those in the Insurance industry! Well, one thing led to another and pretty soon I could tell everyone in the place was as worried as I was! So, what did I do? Did I just stand there, powerless in the face of this oppression? No, I did not. I stole two packs of Mentos and a bottle of Calcium supplements. Take that Obama!
NUT surpriZed

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

waxywaxturd wrote:
Some quick words of gratitude to all my sockpuppets:(and you know who you are);
Thank you all so VERY much for giving me (yourselves included) more positive judgits than the other posters are given. You all know how much that means to me! It makes me feel like I have accomplished something other than just getting myself committed to this psychiatric hospital, sitting around in my wheelchair in loaded depends all day. It is truly an act of kindness and much appreciated. Keep up the good work!
Gratefully,
Not Surprized
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Hecate wrote:
<quoted text>
Best thing for 'em really; it's named after a god of war after all. Maybe there really is a god with a smokin' sense of humor after all, or at least a wicked sense of irony.
I can just see carol working the pay window at the Dept. of Defense: "The gubmint sure do take a big bite, don't she fellas," she intones snarkily, as the line of rejects roll their eyes and groan ...."
Hey, why are you still in Bumfuck with the hillbillies? I thought you'd escaped christianland, at least I hoped you had? Tell me it ain't so!
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Hecate wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll keep this simple hon:
Good. Simple is about your speed.

I held back from saying "simpleminded".

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey airhead, let us know when your propaganda network, MSNBC starts telling the truth, OK?
It was a video of Paul Ryan. Are you calling Ryan a liar?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Might as well quote Rush Limbaugh.
Have to stay long enough to ask you if you even looked at the friggin' photo on that website - 20,000 pages of Obamacare so far!

It's making headlines.

Look at the friggin' picture or find another website that suits your fancy. The photo is still the same.

Can you actually defend this kind of insanity?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>All these THEY (no antecedents given) vs US rubbish. Just how many of THEM do you know so intimately? How did YOU meet THEM? Honestly, most of the lazy bums who wanted to get on the dole rather than do something productive were like the Whites of West Virginia: drunken, druggy, and bigoted republican.
Now, dearest, you're cutting a little close to home, though I realize you're just making a point. Oh hell, I totally agree with you, they're a bunch of Yahoos made worse by the Department of Homeland Security moving its idiots out there en masse and the Air Force base which provides me with Galaxy class planes flying over the bedroom at all hours. It's difficult for a man to do his patriotic duty when he's being constantly interrupted by yahoos doing their patriotic duty.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Plus they won't let Homer join them, I am white but apparently not white enough.
not really complaining, but i seem to have the same non-problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info