Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1548878 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

carol

Orlando, FL

#874215 Mar 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, but Romney still should have been able to react.
I think he was struck just as speechless as half the country in total disbelief that a moderator actually became part of the debate on behalf of the opposition.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#874216 Mar 14, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
But you have to love the exchange between ABC News reporter Jonathan Karl and Jay Carney at Tuesday's press briefing.
KARL: The Secret Service told us that the tours cost $74,000 a week. How much is it going to cost for the President to travel later this week to Illinois?
CARNEY: Well, the president is the President of the United States. And he is elected to represent all of the people. And he travels around the country and blah, blah, blah.
KARL: How much does it cost for him to go and play golf?
CARNEY: Jon, again, you’re trivializing an impact here. People will lose their jobs. Three-quarters of a million people will lose their job.
KARL: This is about choices. You have a certain amount of–(then interrupted by Carney)
Carney never did respond to Karl’s question about the cost of Obama’s golf trips.
It was a good day for America.
cold in DC isn't it? Obama should fly to Texas to play golf. for 5 weeks.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#874217 Mar 14, 2013
carol wrote:
I guess what it comes down to is not, "when pigs fly," but when they learn to swim?
Insecure men steal women's identities and locations who intimidate them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#874218 Mar 14, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
There is definitely a media consortium working to form a best image policy for the Boy Messiah. Have you also noticed the other standard Obamaschlock category of sleeves half-rolled up, grinning downward as though shy, harmless, non-threatening with a wide wrinkled grin? I've seen several from different sources. He's got a Male Model Manager working out there. Maybe Larry Sinclair.
Then there's the Rebel Without A Cause look. Myself, I think he looks and acts a lot more like Justin Beiber or PeeWee Herman than James Dean.
I think he bears a striking resemblance to Alfred E. Neuman.

http://1389blog.com/pix/Obama-Economy-275x300...

xD

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#874219 Mar 14, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he was struck just as speechless as half the country in total disbelief that a moderator actually became part of the debate on behalf of the opposition.
once again....less than half.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#874220 Mar 14, 2013
i guess the Bush golf course had brush traps.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#874221 Mar 14, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a real, actual case where that has happened, or is it like most of your posts, pulled out of your fat ass?
There are several cases in Colorado where child rapists were given a maximum sentence of 1 to 2 years.

In fact, 2 to 6 years is the average sentence for child rapists in Colorado unless the rape is elevated to assault or homicide.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#874222 Mar 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
once again....less than half.
At the time, it was literally half and half. Before the hurricane gave Obama the spotlight to look presidential right before the election, it was actually more than half.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#874223 Mar 14, 2013
Obama's double talk exposed.

Night.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#874224 Mar 14, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
There are several cases in Colorado where child rapists were given a maximum sentence of 1 to 2 years.
In fact, 2 to 6 years is the average sentence for child rapists in Colorado unless the rape is elevated to assault or homicide.
CA releases rapist, costs too much to care for him

http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2012/1...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

East Otis, MA

#874225 Mar 15, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what all that means but pretty sure there was an insult somewhere in there.
Preserving personal freedoms, personal choices and personal liberties is not just a Christian concept.
If you think an overbloated government who can't even manage or keep up with the abuses in the entitlement programs now, just wait until Obamacare hits the fan.
You haven't seen poor yet...
This is going to backfire on the same people Obama and you seemingly think bigger government can save.
Since the hell when are you concerned with personal liberties, choices and freedoms? You've bragged about voting to deny some of your fellow citizens the right to enter into a legal marriage with the partner of their choice. You're on board with laws that restrict the right of a woman to control her own body. Hypocritical much?
Really Carol do you want your health care needs being determined by a bunch of backroom pencil pushers whose main concern is the bottom line and padding executive salaries by limiting the care you get? Because that's what big health insurance has been doing for years and Obamacare puts an end to those abuses.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#874226 Mar 15, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>CA releases rapist, costs too much to care for him
http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2012/1...
Lol, he's a quadriplegic!,

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#874227 Mar 15, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, he's a quadriplegic!,
Looks like this Democrat from California can't rape any longer, thanks to be shanked by a fellow Democrat in jail. He can go live with you lily.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#874228 Mar 15, 2013
MULTIPLE sinkholes forming on the east side of the Mississippi River.. across from St. Louis MO -- in Illinois..

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/369320/3/Met...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NJ raider 1

Philadelphia, PA

#874229 Mar 15, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the hell when are you concerned with personal liberties, choices and freedoms? You've bragged about voting to deny some of your fellow citizens the right to enter into a legal marriage with the partner of their choice. You're on board with laws that restrict the right of a woman to control her own body. Hypocritical much?
Really Carol do you want your health care needs being determined by a bunch of backroom pencil pushers whose main concern is the bottom line Andre padding executive salaries by limiting the care you get? Because that's what big health insurance has been doing for years and Obamacare puts an end to those abuses.
Here's my stance on the whole civil rights & liberties thing. Every person has the right to do as he/she pleases by law as long as those rights don't infringe on the rights of others! That said, it's none of my business who marries who of what race or gender, or what a woman does with her body! None of my business! But with rights & liberties also comes responsibilities. Be gay all you want, but when you step out your front door, a man should be a man & a woman a woman. Nobody's children should have to see men acting like woman & vice versa, because it's not normal. Now in the case of abortion. Giving the fact it takes 2 to create an offspring, a woman shouldn't have FL domain over the decision to give birth or not. Hold on hear my logic! In the case a man doesn't want the baby, but the woman does, as it stands the man has to step up & take responsibility & I agree. But in the case a man wants the baby, but the woman doesn't, a it stands the woman is allowed to end a potential life even though that life is wanted by the person she went halves on the baby with. Now that's not right. If it takes 2 from conception, it also should take 2 on the decision, but no law should force a woman to do either. It should be the 2 that created it!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#874230 Mar 15, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Name them

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
serfs up

Merritt Island, FL

#874231 Mar 15, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Really Carol do you want your health care needs being determined by a bunch of backroom pencil pushers whose main concern is the bottom line and padding executive salaries by limiting the care you get? Because that's what big health insurance has been doing for years and Obamacare puts an end to those abuses.
Reality...stop paying for women who chitt out babies and can't take care of them. Sluts. Cows. That is the cure.
NJ raider 1

Philadelphia, PA

#874232 Mar 15, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Reality...stop paying for women who chitt out babies and can't take care of them. Sluts. Cows. That is the cure.
You sound stupid, you think therefore you are! Lol! In your logic one has to be well off to make a mistake yet be against abortion! Stupidity is well deserved! Mistakes happen, & in the case of those that live that lifestyle, they're barely living. Not to mention welfare is not the reason this country is in debt since everybody believes we are. You're just frustrated with your own stagnation & need somebody to point the finger at. " Michael Jackson, man in the mirror," 1 of my favorite songs! You should listen to the lyrics!
serfs up

Merritt Island, FL

#874234 Mar 15, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> You sound stupid, you think therefore you are! Lol! In your logic one has to be well off to make a mistake yet be against abortion! Stupidity is well deserved! Mistakes happen, & in the case of those that live that lifestyle, they're barely living. Not to mention welfare is not the reason this country is in debt since everybody believes we are. You're just frustrated with your own stagnation & need somebody to point the finger at. " Michael Jackson, man in the mirror," 1 of my favorite songs! You should listen to the lyrics!
Fifty years of this now. The experiment does not work. Ph ukn like who res is the reality with state, local and federal governments paying cheerfully. From birth to adulthood and longer, the taxpayer pays several times more then a working family does. You freaking moronic imbecilic parasite.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#874235 Mar 15, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Straight from O'Reilly bloviating with of all people, Michael (you're doing a heckuva job Brownie) Brown.

Show us the cases.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 11 min They cannot kill ... 10,844
Back Foor Trump Tax Cuts for Rich Again 43 min Reeba Sinatra 1
Illinois is in critical financial crisis. 1 hr Angry Citizen 9
Dissolving Illinois 1 hr Angry Citizen 7
Oui Vey 1 hr Die Madigan Die 4
Italian Confessional 1 hr Pope Benedict 3
bring back vocational schools!! 1 hr RoweRatzenburger 53
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr huntcoyotes 241,612

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages