Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
803,481 - 803,500 of 1,080,487 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the Obamacare. It says if your income is below a certain level (a relatively high minimum), you are free. The rates go up just like income taxes, until most of the cost is put on the Good Ol' Evil Rich.
About half of the population will end up paying, the other half not at all. Why is this fair?
And as for health savings account, I'll be more specific. I have an investment portfolio that I set aside for emergencies. This concept is completely foreign to you as a leftist, because as soon as a bump in the road hits you stick your hand out for a freebie from the gubbermint. See, people used to RELY ON THEMSELVES and plan for things, like retirement and bad health. I can easily cover just about anything that hits me, and whatever arrives above that I have catastrophic insurance.
But unlike you, I'm not a parasite that expects others to provide for me. Does it bother you that you need me and my tax payments, but I don't need you whatsoever?
I pay taxes, too.

I just don't whine and cry about it like you little girl Republicans.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
While Karzi complains loudly that the Boy Messiah is colluding with the Taliban to turn and run from Afghanistan as quickly as possible.
This does wonders for US Troop morale, our image before our allies and enemies alike and before our mirror.
I know how I would feel as an American soldier serving in that country right now - like we had Jane Fonda as Commander in Chief.
American troops in Afghanistan should refuse to sacrifice any more lives in this meaningless surrender to the Tol-E-Bon.
Cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Bush is now your party's Jimmy Carter, tenfold.

You keep trying to prop up that icon, but like the Saddam statue in Baghdad, it inevitably comes down on your heads. You feverishly keep trying to get it back up, only to have it topple on you once more.

So amusing. Like ants building a nest in a flood zone.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Boring crap from a leftwing rag.
is that a permanent state of denial?

must be that failed birther thing.
Cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

So who's the next GOP midget who will run against us.

How about Herman Cain, the Pizza Mogul?

I say, the man who knows the right amount of pepperoni to put on my pizza will do well in a crisis.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

another right wing site that necessarily will have to be left wing.

Sound and Fury

What to make of Rand Paul’s 12 hours and 52 minutes of fame? Was his filibuster on the floor of the Senate last Wednesday, as Charles Krauthammer said on Fox’s Special Report, though substantively misguided,“a stroke of political genius”? Was it, as Seth Lipsky suggested in a column in the New York Post,“wonderful,” signifying both that “our country is in a constitutional moment” and “the rise of a new generation of Republican constitutional conservatives”? Or was it, as William Shakespeare wrote ahead of the fact,“full of sound and fury, signifying nothing”?

Forced to choose among three of our favorite pundits, we incline toward Shakespeare. That’s not to say Krauthammer isn’t right to be struck by Paul’s political talent. The senator dramatically seized a moment to make a point. He made himself briefly a central figure on the national stage. He demonstrated a political entrepreneurship that’s mystifyingly lacking in many of his GOP colleagues on Capitol Hill.

On the other hand, Paul’s political genius strikes us as very much of the short-term variety. Will it ultimately serve him well to be the spokesman for the Code Pink faction of the Republican party? How much staying power is there in a political stance that requires waxing semihysterical about the imminent threat of Obama-ordered drone strikes against Americans sitting in cafés? And as for the other Republican senators who rushed to the floor to cheer Paul on, won’t they soon be entertaining second thoughts? Is patting Rand Paul on the back for his fearmongering a plausible path to the presidency for Marco Rubio or Ted Cruz? Is embracing kookiness a winning strategy for the Republican party? We doubt it.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/sound-...
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

I find a lot of "things" rather immature and rude.

Was there "something" revealed that you wanted to keep "concealed"?

Why all the drama? Why all the frothing at the mouth, spasmodic?

In answer to your question:

***The part that had your screen name with a Jamestown, NY ISP that made leo believe "WE" were the same poster.

As I stated to leo, pointed out, it could have been "another" using your screen name. But you didn't state that it was.

Or that it WASN'T you who wrote the posts.

Every post of yours on Friday, March 8th was out of Jamestown, NY. So, turns out leo was not lying. It had her "wondering". So I went through all of Friday, March 8th's post of yours, and leo was telling the truth. You got a problem with truth?

Kentucky is a long way to route a New York ISP, randomly or by coincidence.
So, that leaves deliberate, intentionally chosen.

When leo first posted the link FROM THIS thread, I didn't read it.
The second time, after reading it, I assured her WE were not one and the same poster.

Here are your posts from Friday, March 8th ~ All with Jamestown, NY Addresses. I didn't post that day, so it was brought to my attention by leo:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/fort-lauderda...

I find your over-reaction "interesting".
As I did your put-on new yawk accent, your "NewYawksh!tty" comment and your "New Yawk is the armpit of the US" remark.
A deliberate, intentional rudeness.

It's not stalking a poster when another re-posts the words they have ( already ) written.
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
***What part of I am NOT an ISP is so hard for the stalking obsessive to comprehend?
Now YOU'RE reported -for stalking too.
It's really getting old.
TheIndependetMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
I find that stuff rather immature...sounds like birdbrain roosters and bobbleheaded hen stuff.
Much prefer steady and stable.
Much less demanding, and healthier on people.
GW Bush

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
American troops in Afghanistan should refuse to sacrifice any more lives in this meaningless surrender to the Tol-E-Bon.
This kind of talk enables the terrorists and hurts our troops.

Grrrr.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

what is wrong with all of these right wing sites?

Forget John Boehner and Mitch McConnell. Conservatives in the House and Senate have been hit with the stupid stick. All I can think is that George McClellan’s ghost is whispering in their ear.

The conservatives in Congress — forget Republican leaders for a minute — want to make their stand not on the continuing resolution to keep the government going, but on the debt ceiling.

Each time Congress has had a debt ceiling fight, it has ended badly for the GOP. Conservatives have been rhetorically slaughtered by even conservatives in the media each time they’ve tried to block a debt ceiling increase.

And guess what? They’ve failed every time.

They did get sequestration, but now are witnesses their own Republican leaders flail about and lose a PR battle over something Barack Obama himself proposed.

Conservatives in Congress are worse than Charlie Brown getting a football pulled away from them. They are more a trained circus seal who barks for a fish from Republican leaders and does a few tricks to wow the crowd.

http://www.redstate.com/2013/02/27/george-mcc...
Mr Retardican

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Welfare is disgusting and only encourages the lazy to get something for nothing.

Oooh, look. My free farm subsidy check just came in.

Oooh, look.$125 billion in GOP free subsidies for big corporations.

Ooh, look.$4 billion in free subsidies for the oil companies.

Now get off welfare, you long-haired hippie parasites. How come you can't be more like me?

Grrrr.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> You tell me Asshole what you got more than I have! I'll answer that for you, NOTHING!!! You have a house, so do I & mind you I'm 34. You have cars, so do I. Money, got that too! Broke, far from it. I'm from the hood we don't do the broke thing. If I don't have a job my bills still get paid & it's even logic in the streets stupid, you gotta spend money to make money. In order to supply a product, one must first produce it. In order to produce it one must first buy the supplies. Supply & demand. Maybe you never heard of the concept!
That GED class did not pay off for you.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
another Reagan hater.
What exactly does Reagan have to do with anything. Do any of you liberals live in the present?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
About time. The Israelis stole everything they hold. And the Retardicans cheer them on like they do for all injustices.
Ghost hates Jews.

What else is new?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

more right wing heresy...

Here’s a scary thought for the already demoralized Republican party: If consensus economic forecasts are correct — and of course that’s always a big if — the 2016 Democratic nominee will appear to have a strong case for a de facto third Obama term. A new forecast from IHS Global Insight is more or less typical: The firm sees GDP growth averaging roughly 3 percent a year from 2014 through 2016. Now, that would hardly be a Reaganesque or Clintonesque boom; it would fall well short of the sort of growth normally expected after a deep downturn. But such an acceleration would make the final years of the Obama presidency the strongest since the financial crisis

And it would be far from a jobless recovery. Unemployment in that presidential-election year would average 6.3 percent, according to IHS. A little back-of-the-envelope math suggests that unemployment could dip under 6 percent by Election Day 2016. Hitting that mark would mean the Democratic nominee, such as, say, Hillary Clinton, would able to claim that Obamanomics created a net 13 million new jobs since the labor market started to recover. Stay the course, America.

At least Republicans could argue the boomlet is unsustainable, a mirage built on trillion-dollar deficits, right? Well, they could try. But the Congressional Budget Office predicts the budget deficit in 2016 will be $476 billion, down a whopping two-thirds from where it was in 2009, and just 2.5 percent of GDP. Federal debt as a share of the economy will have more or less stabilized around 75 percent of GDP (if only temporarily, before the entitlements deluge). And despite Obamacare, total federal spending as a share of the economy will be down nearly 15 percent since the end of the Great Recession. The Obama legacy: More growth, more jobs, less debt, smaller government. And universal health care.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/342610...
Mr Retardican

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
When the half that pays all the bills figures this out, the shit will hit the fan.
yeah yeah yeah

Still waiting for Mitt to take the oath of office?

Ain't gonna happen.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
So who's the next GOP midget who will run against us.
How about Herman Cain, the Pizza Mogul?
I say, the man who knows the right amount of pepperoni to put on my pizza will do well in a crisis.
Unlike Obama, Herman Cain once held a real job.
Cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

The Republican Party is in its twilight, sailing over horizon where it will disappear from view.

Your hate and greed is no longer fashionable.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Like most right whiners, when proven wrong you resort to the racial slur.
Like a typical liberal you just to conclusions, as I was making a point to the original poster in their remarks regarding the term "boy". But once again your indoctrination shows, and your cries of racism rise up.

You losers need to get a new game.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

GW Bush wrote:
<quoted text>
This kind of talk enables the terrorists and hurts our troops.
Grrrr.
Obama has already surrendered to the Taliban, so what is your point?
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"They are deserving of hatred and a tax paying citizen"??? Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnit all to floDUH, but are you one of dumb carol's former bogus students?(BTW, the term in the next sentence should be "that's.") I can't believe how gullible you losers are; some reich-wing non-journalist tells you all your life's misery is the responsibility of "liberals" who are ALL black, stupid, on welfare--when they're not Hollywood, elitist, rich--and you just fall into goosestep. I know the "welfare Cadillac" was a song requested by Nixon, but I'm thinking your logic might have fit well in Germany during the 30's as well...
Your calling me gullible is the pot calling the kettle black. In more ways than one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

42 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 min scirocco 67,987
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min loose cannon 174,676
When there is no more water and you can't affor... 1 hr Drought 1
Abby 7-26 1 hr loose cannon 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Terry rigsby 48,920
6 Shot, Boy Fatally, in Chicago 2 hr bensleys thoughts 1
Amy 7-26 2 hr edogxxx 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr edogxxx 97,541
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search