Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
803,201 - 803,220 of 1,083,663 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Would Paul Ryan budget raise middle class taxes? No way to say.

Here’s the first thing you need to know about Paul Ryan’s budget, which was released this morning: Ryan appears to have shrewdly taken two important steps that allow him to avoid the political pitfalls that bedeviled Mitt Romney’s campaign tax plans last year. In so doing, he has made it impossible to determine whether his budget would raise taxes on the middle class to pay for tax cuts on the rich — as experts claimed about the Romney plan.

This comes by way of Roberton Williams, a senior tax expert at the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center — the same outfit, you may recall, that set off a bomb during Campaign 2012 by demonstrating that there was no way Romney’s tax plan could pay for itself without targeting some middle class loopholes.

....Ryan and Republicans, of course, will insist that they would cut taxes for the middle class, just as Romney did during the campaign. But there’s no way — as during 2012 — to know whether this is feasible until the plan’s details and targets are nailed down with more specificity.

And so, in yet another sense, we’re back where we were during the 2012 campaign. Indeed, we’ve reverted somewhat. At least we could determine whether Romney’s proposed tax cuts for the rich could be paid for without targeting the middle class — they couldn’t. In the case of the new Ryan budget, it cuts taxes on the rich, and vows to pay for it through tax reform — but it’s impossible to say, based on what we know now, whether this can be done without targeting the middle class.

Good thing we had an election to sort all this stuff out.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Huntsman has a bright future in the Democrat party. His support in the Republican primaries was negligible.
That's right; he's too smart and humane to be a Republican.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Liberals/Democrats have argued that the reason the Great Depression lasted as long as it did is simply that FDR didn’t Spend/Tax enough!! Well their philosophy has been prove Wrong by Clinton, JFK, and Reagan, Reducing Taxes, Reduce Spending, Reform Welfare not only stimulates the Economy but create Robust Economic Growth!!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
YEAH! And if I ever need a recommendation for which piece of shit American pizza to buy, I'll know who to call. Appropriate, you calling them "things" though...
Call?? Lol. Knock yourself out trying to "call" me.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
Who authorized perpetual Welfare for military personnel? Hell, half of them aren't even American citizens! Say it with me, "WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK, WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK!" Can't even win fights you start youselves, how worthless is that?
The fact that carol is still here is proof that the debil lost whatever touch she thought she had. Haha
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

WASHINGTON (Reuters)- Not everybody can say they met with the president of the United States. And hardly anybody can say they piloted their own 747 airliner halfway around the world to get to the meeting.

So it was noteworthy that the Sultan of Brunei Hassanal Bolkiah, known for his vast oil wealth, sat down for talks with President Barack Obama in the Oval Office on Tuesday.

"His Majesty himself has led his country for 40 years now and he's gone through nine U.S. presidents. I won't ask him which one was his favorite," quipped Obama.

http://news.yahoo.com/sultan-brunei-flies-him...

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
He's Jewish?
lol 'course, you do remember how they wanted to make sure to have him with a smear? These reich-wingers without a prayer are really funny by accident occasionally.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor people.
Wouldn't you like to know that the people handling the food are healthy?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is defending the delay in disbursing $32 million in donations from a Superstorm Sandy relief fund headed by his wife.
The Republican governor says the charity being run by Mary Pat Christie was never meant to provide immediate relief to those recovering from the mega-storm, which hit the state last October.
Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/Superstorm-...
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!
Lol

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>All lies which have been debunked right here a thousand times or more and yet you continue to post the rw puke.
Keep up the good work.
Again realtime thinks if it's posted here enough times it must be true.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ralph Reed is irrelevant, but in any case a pussycat compared to Reverend Jeremiah Wright.
Google your ass.
Shirley you jest eh? The Reverend Wright operates a 5000 member church in Chicago that many of that cities political figures attend. United Church of Christ iirc.

In the political arena of the 80's and 90's Wright was not fit to carry Reed's briefcase around___Reed delivered millions of born again yayhoo's to the Republican party where they remain and in many states have advanced to the point where knuckleheads like Bachmann, Cruz etc. are shoo ins on election day.

When I saw Reed standing on stage with Bab's and GHWB during the RNC I knew that the Republican party had purchased a one way ticket to shtsville.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar. Obamacare is paid for.
The only way Ryan plans to save money from repealing it would be to keep parts of that revenue generation.
The savings from Medicare is tied to Obamacare. The hospitals would not agree to lower medicare payments without the 30 million new paying customers.
Besides,. Paul Ryan takes 700 billion out of Medicare in his plan - by making senior citizens pay more.
The government accountability office says you're full of sht dave.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that carol is still here is proof that the debil lost whatever touch she thought she had. Haha
It's certainly been a struggle I'll tell you that!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Obamacare doesn't make everybody pay for health care. Liberal parasites with low incomes STILL won't pay for health care, that's why you lefties like it.
Doctors have to pay over $100,000/year in malpractice insurance. Ask one next time you go in. Who pays for that? The people that see him for health care.
Recently Merck Pharm was sued because a few fat middle-aged smokers had heart attacks after taking Vioxx. They got a couple billion in a class action-- who pays? The people that buy drugs from Merck.
I put $700/month into a health savings account, about the same as I would pay in health insurance. In a year, I have over $8K. In ten years, that's almost $100K with modest investment growth. Since I've been doing it for 30 years, I can afford just about any procedure I need. And any money I don't use is passed down to my children. Try to do that with an insurance policy.
See, there are many solutions to problems if you take responsibility for yourself. But that's not the Liberal Way. You lefties like to blow your paycheck on bass boats and beer, then when something bad happens you want a corporation (or the ubiquitous Evil Rich Guy) to blame and a gubbermint program to make it all better.
I for one am getting damned tired of bailing out you parasites. Liberals are pathetic, I wish you would grow up.
You are wasting your time. I have been trying to tell them this for years. They are brain dead libtards and they don't care. They think it is their right to have someone else pay for tsorry ass!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Shirley you jest eh? The Reverend Wright operates a 5000 member church in Chicago that many of that cities political figures attend. United Church of Christ iirc.
In the political arena of the 80's and 90's Wright was not fit to carry Reed's briefcase around___Reed delivered millions of born again yayhoo's to the Republican party where they remain and in many states have advanced to the point where knuckleheads like Bachmann, Cruz etc. are shoo ins on election day.
When I saw Reed standing on stage with Bab's and GHWB during the RNC I knew that the Republican party had purchased a one way ticket to shtsville.
Remember Galt asked you what rolling lucky 7's was?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

I see no more reason to give in to the rantings of an online thug than I do to let the country go to the devil - the REAL devil- by allowing Obama to have his way with our precious instituions of freedom, liberty, and justice.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Currently the poor have Medicaid.
So who is uninsured? The working poor that can't afford it & some by choice.
Obamacare will get the majority of these either insured or paying fines into the system.
Those making over 133% of the poverty line will have to pay part of their insurance.
And really, Isn't the yearly limit for a HSA is around $3100? & wouldn't that make you a liar?
And really, you plan no health problems for you or our family. One serious issue & you become one of the people you are b*tching about.
No it is $6000 a year tax free for a family of 4. You can put as much as you want it's just not tax free.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Call?? Lol. Knock yourself out trying to "call" me.
Ring.... ring... Honey, it's for you... some man..
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

So there you are... a rock in one hand and a gun in the other. What do you do? I DO so like it when I make women laugh though, it's so.... refreshing. Laugh again... g'head... do it...
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
Titter...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

86 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min truth-facts 45,892
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 11 min Terry rigsby 49,006
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Jacques from Ottawa 175,114
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 35 min Roxie Darling 4,567
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr gauntlet 305
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr nono 3,849
Amy 7-30 1 hr Julie 20
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr PEllen 97,577
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••