Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,152)

Showing posts 803,021 - 803,040 of1,037,636
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"On paper, the U.S. has one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world. But in practice, corporations pay far less. The Government Accountability Office (PDF) estimated the average tax burden at 25.2 percent, and some of the largest corporations, such as General Electric and Wells Fargo, pay no taxes at all. This is possible because the tax code is riddled with exceptions and loopholes, created at the behest of lobbyists and exploited by teams of tax experts, many of whom used to work for the IRS and the Treasury. With the help of Citizens for Tax Justice, The Daily Beast rounded up some of the most egregious corporate tax loopholes.
Deferral of Overseas Income
Multinational companies don’t have to pay U.S. income taxes on overseas profits until they transfer them back home. But in reality, companies just leave their profits in overseas tax havens, deferring taxes indefinitely. Not only that, an accounting scheme known as “transfer pricing” allows companies to move profits from the U.S. to offshore havens so they’re counted as overseas earnings. For example a pharmaceutical company could sell a drug patent to a subsidiary in the Cayman Islands for a nominal fee, then have the subsidiary charge the parent company huge licensing fees. The company can then deduct the licensing fees from its taxable income in the U.S. and send the profits to its foreign subsidiary, where taxes can be indefinitely deferred. Some 83 percent of top 100 publicly traded companies had tax-haven units in 2009, according to the GAO. General Electric, Google, Pfizer, and many other companies use this technique. The federal government loses an estimated (PDF)$100 billion a year through offshore tax abuses.
Deductions for Shipping Jobs Overseas
At first glance it doesn’t seem particularly egregious that corporations can deduct moving expenses, but that changes when the break is applied to companies moving operations overseas. President Obama proposed ending this exemption for companies moving overseas while giving a credit to companies moving back to the U.S."
There's more but I know you never honestly read a link or anything else you don't like...BTW, maybe you'd better not wait until you have an "ailment" to avoid the appearance of health care, or not.
Companies such as General Electric and Government Motors (both Obama cronies) pay no taxes because of huge tax loss carryovers.

Many would agree with closing these loopholes in exchange for lower rates, leveling the playing field.

Accepting your figures,$100 billion is chickenfeed compared to the Obama deficits and giveaways like Rainstorm Sandy.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Federal government standards that declare a person "obese" based on strict age/height/gender/weight tables are ridiculous, taking no account of muscular structure and overall physical fitness.
Many people would need to starve themselves and in fact ruin their bodies to get down to what the bureaucrats consider to be "normal" weight.
Does anyone really believe that a 6-ft male who weighs 180 lb is overweight?
Standards are written by AIDS victims.
You're stupid enough to think that height is the only determinant involved in figuring out ideal weight??

You seem intent on proving your ignorance.

Ever hear of search engines?? You need them.

Could prevent you from looking like such a moron!!
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Got to take what you can get.
But Galt agrees with you.
Yep...gotta take what we can.
I hope they hold strong when its time to increase the debt limit.
Its so funny how Obama is trying to make it seem like
it is so bad to cut some spending....like
millions will lose there jobs...please what BS.
their very notion that more jobs will happen if we just increase
spending on HEADSTART is so silly.

I just cant get over the fact that so many buy into that nonsense.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
Rand Paul is empty headed. Atty General Holder...TOLD HIM HELL NO!!!!
Selecia Jones is dick headed. dumbfk hillbilly.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a fool dressed in intelligensia clothes. Read "The Kennedy years, 1961–1963" here.
Wiki - Vietnam War: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viet_Nam_War
"American military advisors arrived in what was then French Indochina beginning in 1950. U.S. involvement escalated in the early 1960s, with troop levels tripling in 1961 and tripling again in 1962.[30] U.S. combat units were deployed beginning in 1965......
.....By 1963, there were 16,000 American military personnel in South Vietnam, up from Eisenhower's 900 advisors....
* May 1961 — Kennedy sends 400 United States Army Special Forces personnel to South Vietnam to train South Vietnamese soldiers following a visit to the country by Vice-President Johnson.
* June 1961 — Kennedy said, "Now we have a problem making our power credible and Vietnam looks like the place" to James Reston of The New York Times (immediately after meeting Khrushchev in Vienna).
* August 10, 1961 — Test run of US herbicidal warfare program in South Vietnam ("Operation Trail Dust")
* October 1961 — Following successful NLF attacks, Defense Secretary Robert S. McNamara recommends sending six divisions (200,000 men) to Vietnam.
* February 8, 1962 — The Military Assistance Command Vietnam (MACV) is created by President Kennedy
* August 1, 1962 — Kennedy signs the Foreign Assistance Act of 1962, which provides "…military assistance to countries which are on the rim of the Communist world and under direct attack."
* October 1962 — Operation Ranch Hand begins. US planes spray herbicides such as Agent Orange over South Vietnam until 1971.
* November 1963 — By this time, Kennedy had increased the number of military personnel from the 900 that were there when he became President to 16,000 just before his death.[5]
* November 22, 1963 — Kennedy is assassinated.
You are far more successful in fooling yourself than in fooling others. But that won't stop a fool like you from trying:>
Go ahead and tell us again how FDR had nothing to do with incarcerating Japanese-Amercan citizens during WWII:}
You are a walking, talking joke.
Y'all still mulling that one eh?

Some gooduh pictomaps-

http://www.historyonthenet.com/WW2/japan_inte...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Grimey street urchins like yourself lack the mental capacity to express thoughtful remarks.
You are strictly limited to BAH HAH HAH... yoo so stupid.. yoo so stupid.
Keep digging yourself deeper, Dood. At this rate, you may as well make China your destination instead of climbing out.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Talking to yourself again, nutjob?
spell ridiculous for us again Turds!!! Show us all how educated you are!

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's how rediculous you are.
http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/TOB/S/2013SB-00122 ...
Of course, a Democrat proposed this.
Idiot.

Subversive Barry wrote:
<quoted text>
What a rediculous thing to say. You obviously are deficient in this area.

nostrilis waxman wrote:
another rediculous assert by a clueless moron:
<quoted text>

Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it like being dead Ghost?
You may do things on rare occassions but you live here. I feel sorry for you.
What is it like? Do you feel dead?

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
He lives here just like the Ghost does.
Tell me. What is it like being dead?Nostrilis Waxman wrote:

Ohhh Booooyyyy! Like Wooowwww! Did you graduate from an Ivy League in 3.5 years with a double major with a level of distinction far above others? I doubt it! Did you turn down a White House internship.

Nostrilis Waxman wrote:

I don't think you sent your kids to prep schools and Ivy League schools like I have. I do not have any failures. I am educated.

"Jimmy" quoted text
Baaawwaaahhhh!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

The shining idiot returns.

So, nitwit, which Model of Ford car followed the famous Model T??

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i won't soon let you off from that piece of stupidity.

You go from Kennedy to FDR?? WTF??

Drunk already, eh??

Wanna talk about Republiclown attempts to commit treason and overthrow FDR's Government??

Go for it. You need to be kicked around more.
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a fool dressed in intelligensia clothes. Read "The Kennedy years, 1961–1963" here.
Wiki - Vietnam War: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viet_Nam_War
"American military advisors arrived in what was then French Indochina beginning in 1950. U.S. involvement escalated in the early 1960s, with troop levels tripling in 1961 and tripling again in 1962.[30] U.S. combat units were deployed beginning in 1965......
.....By 1963, there were 16,000 American military personnel in South Vietnam, up from Eisenhower's 900 advisors....
* May 1961 — Kennedy sends 400 United States Army Special Forces personnel to South Vietnam to train South Vietnamese soldiers following a visit to the country by Vice-President Johnson.
* June 1961 — Kennedy said, "Now we have a problem making our power credible and Vietnam looks like the place" to James Reston of The New York Times (immediately after meeting Khrushchev in Vienna).
* August 10, 1961 — Test run of US herbicidal warfare program in South Vietnam ("Operation Trail Dust")
* October 1961 — Following successful NLF attacks, Defense Secretary Robert S. McNamara recommends sending six divisions (200,000 men) to Vietnam.
* February 8, 1962 — The Military Assistance Command Vietnam (MACV) is created by President Kennedy
* August 1, 1962 — Kennedy signs the Foreign Assistance Act of 1962, which provides "…military assistance to countries which are on the rim of the Communist world and under direct attack."
* October 1962 — Operation Ranch Hand begins. US planes spray herbicides such as Agent Orange over South Vietnam until 1971.
* November 1963 — By this time, Kennedy had increased the number of military personnel from the 900 that were there when he became President to 16,000 just before his death.[5]
* November 22, 1963 — Kennedy is assassinated.
You are far more successful in fooling yourself than in fooling others. But that won't stop a fool like you from trying:>
Go ahead and tell us again how FDR had nothing to do with incarcerating Japanese-Amercan citizens during WWII:}
You are a walking, talking joke.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

The Slayer wrote:
<quoted text>
SQUAAAAAAWK!!!!!
WAXTURDS latest sock! More intelligence on parade!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Companies such as General Electric and Government Motors (both Obama cronies) pay no taxes because of huge tax loss carryovers.
Many would agree with closing these loopholes in exchange for lower rates, leveling the playing field.
Accepting your figures,$100 billion is chickenfeed compared to the Obama deficits and giveaways like Rainstorm Sandy.
Now why can't FEMA (with short term blocks for short term truly needy not wanting to live off the givvermnet for a lifetime), the Illegal immigration departments, HUD etc... dew something like that these days?

:-)
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
I've got the drunkard Wasturd all riled up!!
He's fully deployed his puppets. Apparently he doesn't like to be exposed for the fraud he is!!
A good day's work!! I own the Waxturd clan, including the shoe shiners at Harvard Square!!
<quoted text>
What's a wasturd moron?

You must be "Not Surpized" for sure. Nobody else here says everyone is Waxturd like you do. By the way moron, I'm Jimmy, idiot.

Dumb liberal.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
Hey DemocRats!
COMPLETE STUPIDITIES:
• FOOD... MYTH: Government should help people make healthy choices for themselves. TRUTH: The nanny state reduces your freedom while accomplishing little.
• MAIL... MYTH: The post office should deliver the mail. TRUTH: The private sector does it better.
• FRACKING... MYTH: Fracking is dangerous. TRUTH: Fracking is dangerous but can easily be safely managed, and fracking has done more to help the environment than all the "green" energy sources combined (it replaces dirtier gasoline and coal.)
• LAWSUITS... MYTH: Lawsuits protect consumers. TRUTH: Lawsuits make valuable products cost more.
• HEALTHCARE... MYTH: Obamacare is good for business. TRUTH: Government intervention kills innovation. Kills jobs too.
• INFRASTRUCTURE... MYTH: Government must build infrastructure. TRUTH: Business builds it better.
• IMPERIAL WASHINGTON... MYTH: Washington D.C. is about serving the public. TRUTH: DC is about empire building.
Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/stossel/blo...
Fox? No wonder you are so uninformed.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur Option wrote:
<quoted text>
spell ridiculous for us again Turds!!! Show us all how educated you are!
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot.
Subversive Barry wrote:
<quoted text>
nostrilis waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it like being dead Ghost?
You may do things on rare occassions but you live here. I feel sorry for you.
What is it like? Do you feel dead?
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
He lives here just like the Ghost does.
Tell me. What is it like being dead?Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
Ohhh Booooyyyy! Like Wooowwww! Did you graduate from an Ivy League in 3.5 years with a double major with a level of distinction far above others? I doubt it! Did you turn down a White House internship.
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
I don't think you sent your kids to prep schools and Ivy League schools like I have. I do not have any failures. I am educated.
"Jimmy" quoted text
Baaawwaaahhhh!!!!!
Yeah, sure. Whatever Nutcracker Option sockpuppet.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Nope...it is a Republitard eatin' grin! Well, you are right...shyt eatin' was correct.
Watching your confusion unfold is entertaining.
Keep blabbing but keep a napkin handy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Is this guy really this stupid? Yes he is!
Talking to yourself??

You're right, you're really stupid!!

While you've called for a correction, a big setback, it's obvious you were dead wrong.

I correctly called for a big rally, which is exactly what happened.

You should have stayed in school and learned something.

You've missed a great rally, DOW up over 9% for the year, which is only 2+ months old!!

I made money, you made the wrong call!!

HAHAHAHAHA

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Whoa folks, wait a minute here. I rarely log on to Topix anymore (too tedious), but I DID read a few pages of this forum.

I am a Topix old timer, having been a posting veteran since 2007. Let me clear you guys up on something: "WAXTURDS/WAXMAN" and "TINY-ERECTION" AKA(shinningelectr0n)are a bi-racial gay COUPLE that live together in CT. WAXTURDS/WAXMAN is anglo (but pathetically tries really hard to sound urban & tough), while "TINYERECTION"/ "TINY E" (the SOCIOPATHIC-PSYCHO -RACIST) is African American.
They have been notorious trolls on the gay sites for a long time, and it was in the earlier days of Topix (when they had actual profiles w/pics) that they outed themselves. They usually get on Topix at the same time sharing their ignorance at the same time. Given as they look like a cross between barnyard hogs and Ooompa Loompas from Willie Wonka, they were usually laughed out of the forum (or just ignored).

I am really finding it hard to believe some are legitimately debating with these intellectual lightweight, ID CHANGING, ID STEALING KNUCKLE DRAGGING, CROSS DRESSING TOPIX TROLL CLOSET CASES.

Still LMFAO...CROSS DRESSING CLOSET CASES...Ooompa Loompas from Willie Wonka...

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting treatment for an injury or ailment is medical care, which is all that is necessary.
"Healthcare" is a marketing tool.
Nope.

Healthcare includes check ups, screenings, blood tests & preventative care.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Great...then you and 110 others have learned not to mess with me. And for anyone to spend that much time on JUDGE ITS....just shows how effing crazy they are.
The Florida heat and humidity is obviously affecting your soppy mental processes but exacerbating the problem by holding your head between your cheeks is simply unwise.

You need to pull out and dry out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
What's a wasturd moron?
You must be "Not Surpized" for sure. Nobody else here says everyone is Waxturd like you do. By the way moron, I'm Jimmy, idiot.
Dumb liberal.
Spell ridiculous for us "JIMMY"

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>

Idiot.

Subversive Barry wrote:
<quoted text>

nostrilis waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
What's a wasturd moron?
Dumb liberal.
Got any camels? One hump will be okay for short distances, but two humps would be better for long mile desert travel. Equipped with umbrellas would be even better!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 803,021 - 803,040 of1,037,636
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

89 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min LRS 167,751
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min JOEL COOL DUDE 65,595
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 16 min edogxxx 96,392
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 25 min litesong 43,183
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 53 min Chicagobunny 510
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 57 min Chicagobunny 3,794
IL Who do you support for Treasurer in Illinois in... (Oct '10) 59 min Chicagobunny 113
Amy 4-24 1 hr Kuuipo 34
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance