Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
802,941 - 802,960 of 1,100,173 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
Cway

United States

#872444 Mar 12, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you shovel ready.
I sure am. I'm ready to shovel you back into the toilet with the rest of your family.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#872445 Mar 12, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
The ignorant,the low information voter,the uninformed,the mentally incompetent,whatever you call them,they support Obama without question and without knowledge of why. The voters questioned in this video explain why America is at risk when we let the foolish vote.
http://www.exposeobama.com/
Thank you Rush Limbaugh.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#872446 Mar 12, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Not surprising if your not crying racist for some obscure reason your blaming Bush for all your "BOYS'" failures.
What have we here? Another hydra-head out of the sock drawer that is flo-DUH? Well, as long as you've decided to "weasel" your way in here, remember it's you're not your (twice) and "BOY'S" not "BOYS'"...failU'R
Cway

United States

#872447 Mar 12, 2013
I see Jimmy got chased back under the fridge by the cochroaches.
carol

Orlando, FL

#872448 Mar 12, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
yes carol, you got it right. Jesus is the only lifeline that we need. try Him, you won't be disappointed. Shalom.
It's all about love. Jesus Christ walked among us to offer us a personal relationship with God, the God of love and peace, through him.

Being a believer doesn't mean you no longer have a voice and can't speak out against wrongs that should be righted.

We're going the wrong way, so I'm going to continue to speak out.

In the words of that song, "The wrong shall fail, the right prevail", I'm going to continue to fight the good fight on the side of right knowing who is in control. It's not big government.
Cway

United States

#872449 Mar 12, 2013
Waxy, here's a clue. Get lost.

Loysville, PA

#872452 Mar 12, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Not surprising if your not crying racist for some obscure reason your blaming Bush for all your "BOYS'" failures.
Like most right whiners, when proven wrong you resort to the racial slur.

Loysville, PA

#872454 Mar 12, 2013
palsiwalsi wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave is a moron.
The thousands of mortgage defaults and foreclosures in the "subprime" housing market (i.e., mortgage holders with poor credit ratings) is the direct result of thirty years of government policy that has forced banks to make bad loans to un-creditworthy borrowers. The policy in question is the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), which compels banks to make loans to low-income borrowers and in what the supporters of the Act call "communities of color" that they might not otherwise make based on purely economic criteria.
The original lobbyists for the CRA were the hardcore leftists who supported the Carter administration and were often rewarded for their support with government grants and programs like the CRA that they benefited from. These included various "neighborhood organizations," as they like to call themselves, such as "ACORN" (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now). These organizations claim that over $1 trillion in CRA loans have been made, although no one seems to know the magnitude with much certainty. A U.S. Senate Banking Committee staffer told me about ten years ago that at least $100 billion in such loans had been made in the first twenty years of the Act.
So-called "community groups" like ACORN benefit themselves from the CRA through a process that sounds like legalized extortion. The CRA is enforced by four federal government bureaucracies: the Fed, the Comptroller of the Currency, the Office of Thrift Supervision, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. The law is set up so that any bank merger, branch expansion, or new branch creation can be postponed or prohibited by any of these four bureaucracies if a CRA "protest" is issued by a "community group." This can cost banks great sums of money, and the "community groups" understand this perfectly well. It is their leverage. They use this leverage to get the banks to give them millions of dollars as well as promising to make a certain amount of bad loans in their communities.
1) Not all subprime mortgages were CRA loans.

2) CRA loams are typically long term standard mortgages

3) The percentage of all failed loans that were CRA is about the same percentage of all loans that were CRA.

4) Banks were never forced top issue bad loans.

5) Redlining was proven to be racist in a court of law.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#872455 Mar 12, 2013
carol wrote:
That poor man who got sucked into that sink hole while sleeping in his bed is still there.
I feel sorry for the family. Don't know when or how they will be able to recover his body.
Sometimes there are some posters on here that I think the Earth needs to open up and swallow.

I do not believe that they will ever be able to recover his body as they have razed the house into the hole.

Loysville, PA

#872456 Mar 12, 2013
palsiwalsi wrote:
<quoted text>
I left out about 45 states.
\Nice try.

1) You listed red states with the lowest
2) You thern listed a blue state with the highest.

You left out Texas because Texas got a pile of military spending.

And really, Virginia is a Red State.

You were dishonesty or stupid. Which was it?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#872457 Mar 12, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
In August 1998, Ritter resigned his position as UN weapons inspector and sharply criticized the Clinton administration and the UN Security Council for not being vigorous enough about insisting that Iraq's weapons of mass destruction be destroyed. Ritter also accused UN Secretary General Kofi Annan of assisting Iraqi efforts at impeding UNSCOM's work. "Iraq is not disarming", Ritter said on August 27, 1998, and in a second statement, "Iraq retains the capability to launch a chemical strike."
However, by 1999, he reversed his opinion.
In June, 1999, Ritter responded to an interviewer, saying: "When you ask the question,'Does Iraq possess militarily viable biological or chemical weapons?' the answer is no! It is a resounding NO. Can Iraq produce today chemical weapons on a meaningful scale? No! Can Iraq produce biological weapons on a meaningful scale? No! Ballistic missiles? No! It is 'no' across the board. So from a qualitative standpoint, Iraq has been disarmed. Iraq today possesses no meaningful weapons of mass destruction capability."
In 2002, Scott Ritter stated that, as of 1998, 9095% of Iraq's nuclear, biological and chemical capabilities, and long-range ballistic missiles capable of delivering such weapons, had been verified as destroyed. Technical 100% verification was not possible, said Ritter, not because Iraq still had any hidden weapons, but because Iraq had preemptively destroyed some stockpiles and claimed they had never existed. Many people were surprised by Ritter's turnaround in his view of Iraq during a period when no inspections were made. During the 20022003 build-up to war Ritter criticized the Bush Administration and maintained that it had provided no credible evidence that Iraq had reconstituted a significant WMD capability.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_wmds#Betwee...
In January 2003, United Nations weapons inspectors reported that they had found no indication that Iraq possessed nuclear weapons or an active program. Some former UNSCOM inspectors disagree about whether the United States could know for certain whether or not Iraq had renewed production of weapons of mass destruction. Robert Gallucci said, "If Iraq had uranium or plutonium, a fair assessment would be they could fabricate a nuclear weapon, and there's no reason for us to assume we'd find out if they had." Similarly, former inspector Jonathan Tucker said, "Nobody really knows what Iraq has. You really can't tell from a satellite image what's going on inside a factory."
I read the 9/11 hearing papers for myself.

WTH would I want to read a rewrite.

Meh.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#872458 Mar 12, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all about love. Jesus Christ walked among us to offer us a personal relationship with God, the God of love and peace, through him.
Being a believer doesn't mean you no longer have a voice and can't speak out against wrongs that should be righted.
We're going the wrong way, so I'm going to continue to speak out.
In the words of that song, "The wrong shall fail, the right prevail", I'm going to continue to fight the good fight on the side of right knowing who is in control. It's not big government.
Argh.

lol
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#872459 Mar 12, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, you "two"! <rolls eyes, shakes head> This is where I got it. http://www.topix.com/forum/city/fort-lauderda...
You can read (perhaps an unwarranted assumption on my part) through and find Methmouth Majority posting most of Saturday with a New York ip...kinda' thought s/he was crazy Jane, but the "tribe" has a thousand clowns, so what-ev...
Here's a clue snotta, I am not an ISP-just an end user csr.

Not too difficult to comprehend for ya, or is it?

(If so--sounds like a personal problem to me, namely-YOUR own.)
carol

Orlando, FL

#872460 Mar 12, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>Sometimes there are some posters on here that I think the Earth needs to open up and swallow.
I do not believe that they will ever be able to recover his body as they have razed the house into the hole.
I didn't SAY they should recover his body, after all it's about as covered as it can get right now! WhatI SAID was it was a shame that his family didn't have anything to bury after he died in the cave-in which buried him so completely. As Christians it is our duty to bury our dead even when God already did it for us!

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#872461 Mar 12, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are on welfare or food stamps then they are deserving of my hatred and any other tax paying citizen. Thats would be why they are revered by you and those like you.
"They are deserving of hatred and a tax paying citizen"??? Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnit all to floDUH, but are you one of dumb carol's former bogus students?(BTW, the term in the next sentence should be "that's.") I can't believe how gullible you losers are; some reich-wing non-journalist tells you all your life's misery is the responsibility of "liberals" who are ALL black, stupid, on welfare--when they're not Hollywood, elitist, rich--and you just fall into goosestep. I know the "welfare Cadillac" was a song requested by Nixon, but I'm thinking your logic might have fit well in Germany during the 30's as well...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#872462 Mar 12, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. change-it is projecting.
doesn't that ever get old?
I'll show him "old" if he runs that yap of clueless too much :-)
carol

Orlando, FL

#872463 Mar 12, 2013
Yes, love, love, love. Love, love, love. There's nothing you can do that can't be done. Nothing you can sing that can't be sung. Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game.
It's easy.

Nothing you can make that can't be made. No one you can save that can't be saved. Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you in time.
It's easy. All you need is love. All you need is love. All you need is love, love. Love is all you need. All you need is love. All you need is love.
All you need is love, love. Love is all you need.

Nothing you can know that isn't known. Nothing you can see that isn't shown. Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be. It's easy. All you need is love. All you need is love. All you need is love, love. Love is all you need. All you need is love (all together, now!) All you need is love.(everybody!) All you need is love, love. Love is all you need (love is all you need). Yee-hai! Oh yeah! She loves you, yeah yeah yeah. She loves you, yeah yeah yeah.
NUT surpriZed

Pompano Beach, FL

#872464 Mar 12, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
Good morning my topix friends!! I've got a clean doubled pair of depends on (industrial strength), taken my meds and had a quick chat with my doctor so I'm ready to troll!!!
I'm still waiting for a challenger in my judgit 'tourney'! No takers? Come on fellas give it a whirl!! It's fun, never boring, exciting and very challenging!! I will give you a head start if needed. Just remember, I'll double up on the depends. I try and eat foods that are constipating
to give me that extra edge I need for marathon judging competitions.(my secret) ;)
They don't call me "Not Surprized" for nothing!!
Please, join the fun.
So happy to see all my sockpuppets working so diligently to keep my posts covered in positive judgits. It makes spending my life on topix worthwhile and gives my ego a much needed boost!!!! Keep it up!!
Warm hugs, Not Surprized
And don't forget to leave me your phone numbers!!!!!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#872465 Mar 12, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Jimmy, let me know when you manage to extract your head from your azz, twerp.
Twerp? What, are you stuck in the last century about four+ decades ago?

Twerp?

Hahaha!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NUT surpriZed

Pompano Beach, FL

#872466 Mar 12, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
<quoted text>
As I am busy with the judgit competition right now I have no time to converse back and forth with all my socks today and that includes you. You are not one of my personal favorites, though I have feelings for you. I prefer the others and will be speaking only with them today. Don't get your feelings hurt, you will always be a member of my sock family "personality parade" I just don't have the time!
Now be a good boy and go back to judging my posts with brilliant symbols. Maybe later when things slow down we can have a little chat. Keep Judging!!!!!!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,375
Danger! It is horrible, rotten luck to hug a w... 25 min Preacher 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 33 min BoDidHe 49,477
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr SpaceBlues 46,313
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Sublime1 97,932
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr voice of peace 68,367
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL 68,977
Amy 8-29 6 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••