Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
802,921 - 802,940 of 1,078,901 Comments Last updated 9 min ago
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
thats really sad....but its to expected from a victiKKKracka.
Please implement some FDA guidelines, continual Bacterial yeast of crackeduhs is nazzi stuff.
The general, wholesomely clean, unifectious, non-disease carrying public will appreciate it!
Cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it Bush’s fault that the Democrat controlled Senate has not passed a budget since 2009?
Is it Bush’s fault that the Democrats partisan passed Obamacare and stated that you have to pass it to see what’s in it?
Was it Bush’s fault that our current administration ignored the pleas of our representatives in Lybia for security and ultimately became complicit in their deaths?
What is Bush’s fault that Welfare roll have doubled during the current administration?
Was it Bush’s fault that the current administration continually lies to the American public in direct opposition to their claims to be the most transparent administration?
Was it Bush’s fault that Obama has added 6 trillion to the debt since taking office?
No to all of the above, Face it “A$$es” You fck up and the real Americans know it
Bush left behind a trainwreck.

As far as the budget goes, Republicans in Congress are being as obstructive as possible.

If Obamacare was such a disaster, you'll have to explain why Obama got re-elected.

I can't comment on the incident in Libya, but I suspect it's the usual GOP politicizing of tragedy.

Of course it's Bush's fault that more people need government assistance. That's what recessions do.

And yes, it's Bush's fault that 6 trillion more has been added to the federal debt. With the number of people out of work, the two unfinished wars Obama's had to deal with, the bank bail-outs, AIG and General Motors bail-outs, it's all added up.

If you look at Clinton's watch, the national debt went from 4.1 to 5.7 trillion. And he left Bush a balanced annual budget. Bush ran that balanced budget from zero to over a trillion in the red each year. And the national debt from 5.7 to 11.4 trillion.

This disaster has your fingerprints all over it.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as the budget goes, Republicans in Congress are being as obstructive as possible.
If Obamacare was such a disaster, you'll have to explain why Obama got re-elected.
I can't comment on the incident in Libya, but I suspect it's the usual GOP politicizing of tragedy.
Of course it's Bush's fault that more people need government assistance. That's what recessions do.
And yes, it's Bush's fault that 6 trillion more has been added to the federal debt. With the number of people out of work, the two unfinished wars Obama's had to deal with, the bank bail-outs, AIG and General Motors bail-outs, it's all added up.
If you look at Clinton's watch, the national debt went from 4.1 to 5.7 trillion. And he left Bush a balanced annual budget. Bush ran that balanced budget from zero to over a trillion in the red each year. And the national debt from 5.7 to 11.4 trillion.
Got that right... Majority Pelosi and Reid disaster with their fingerprints all over it...
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has us sinking in the Titanic and you're in steerage. As far as the budget goes, Obama's budgets were and are a joke, just like you, moron.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
<quoted text>

*** And Obama is driving that trainwreck off the cliff

*** Please explain how the Republicans obstructed the budget when the Democrats have not even presented one

*** Because he appealed to the 47% of the losers in this country like yourself looking for something for nothing because they are too lazy or incompetent to earn it themselves

*** typical liberal deflection. No explanation why our president left our people to die

Your last comments are just more of the lack of responsibility that is demonstrated by you and your liberal likes. Just like Obama and the rest of his administration … never their fault but always the fault of someone else out of their control.

**** SAD to be president and not in control … is this because he is incompetent … like you?

Stupidity has your fingerprints all over it.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

The ignorant,the low information voter,the uninformed,the mentally incompetent,whatever you call them,they support Obama without question and without knowledge of why. The voters questioned in this video explain why America is at risk when we let the foolish vote.

http://www.exposeobama.com/

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"Massage therapists" are generally a cover for prostitution.
You've been seeing unlicensed ones, apparently. Does your wife know?

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the first massage therapist to rub me the wrong way.
Now that was clever. Who are you, and what have you done with shinningelectr0n?

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

waxywaxturd wrote:
Good morning my topix friends!! I've got a clean doubled pair of depends on (industrial strength), taken my meds and had a quick chat with my doctor so I'm ready to troll!!!
I'm still waiting for a challenger in my judgit 'tourney'! No takers? Come on fellas give it a whirl!! It's fun, never boring, exciting and very challenging!! I will give you a head start if needed. Just remember, I'll double up on the depends. I try and eat foods that are constipating
to give me that extra edge I need for marathon judging competitions.(my secret) ;)
They don't call me "Waxturds" for nothing!!
Please, join the fun.
So happy to see all my sockpuppets working so diligently to keep my posts covered in positive judgits. It makes spending my life on topix worthwhile and gives my ego a much needed boost!!!! Keep it up!!
Warm hugs, Waxman
And don't forget to leave me your phone numbers!!!!!
Hi Partner! We make a great team! The Blundering Duo!

I think everyone is impressed with the success I had at my commitment of getting the judgeits back in our favor.

And certainly everyone is impressed with you for censoring (NOT) people and continuing to perpetuate your slander and childish activity.

We are such fools and basically have absolutely no effect or importance here, except be the subject of laughter for being fools.
Hey! Where's my judgeits? Did you remove them?

DOH!

Ohhhh! We can't think!

Woob, woob, woob!
Cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

The Slayer wrote:
<quoted text>
1.well what would you suggest that Bush should have done with the warning?
Put federal marshalls on flights. Tenet's August 6, 2001 PDB mentioned FBI sources which described preparations for hijackings. The source was likely the agents who were tipped off about the Arab students learning to fly, but not land.
2.People went prison for outing the agent.
Libby did no jail time and Bush immediately commuted the criminal part of his sentence. Some reporter did a short stint. I think that's about it. Please don't tell me this was adequate punishment.
3.Obama sure took a page out of the Bush play book in regards to national debt....but that ok..RIGHT?
Bush inherited a healthy budget and not only wrecked it, but the economy as well. No, Obama didn't borrow any plays out your playbook. He has had to react to a bad situation.
4.Iraq was not in compliance with its surrender agreement.
Bush and Cheney pushed those accusations to the hilt, but no such violations were revealed once Iraq was occupied.
5.Yes it was our fault....because we let these leader govern
with a liberal progressive agenda.
Oh, come on. Republicans became big spenders starting with Reagan.
6. job losses was not our fault...just result of a crashed economy, brought on by poor liberal policy.
The crash was brought about by a real estate bubble and credit default swaps. The real estate bubbble was fueled by bad lending policies of the banks, which were voluntary, not forced.

The Republican Party controlled Congress and the White House during this period and did nothing to address these issues.
7. Think you may want to take a look at the time line when
these lending practices were started. Face it liberal progressive policies have screwed everything up, and voters will start to understand that.
History suggests otherwise. FDR took us out of the Great Depression. There was a second dip in unemployment from 1938 to 1941 caused by a cutback in government spending. But this eased by late 1941 and unemployment dropped down to 10%. WW II took care of the rest.

The administration of John Kennedy saw prosperous times.

Contrary to GOP beliefs, it was Paul Volcker who created the recession during the second half of Carter's tenure. In an effort to knock down inflation, Volcker raised the prime rate to something around 20%. It eventually reduced inflation, but its immediate impact was that corporations decided not to borrow and cut back their work forces. You know the rest.

There was an economic boom during the Clinton years, although he did leave office with a moderate recession.

As far as Reagan goes, much of the boom he achieved came from military spending and large annual deficits. It was not sustainable.

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>You've been seeing unlicensed ones, apparently. Does your wife know?
No, but yours does!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry sonny, not seeing the correlation between Saddam being a rogue dictatator pre-emptive CATALYST in both the first Gulf War...and Obama being elected POTUS-other than democratic herd pack denial....(is that what your point is?)
----------
The First Persian Gulf War, also known as the Gulf War, Jan.–Feb., 1991, was an armed conflict between Iraq and a coalition of 32 nations including the United States, Britain, Egypt, France, and Saudi Arabia. It was a result of Iraq's invasion of Kuwait on Aug. 2, 1990; Iraq then annexed Kuwait, which it had long claimed. Iraqi president Saddam Hussein declared that the invasion was a response to overproduction of oil in Kuwait, which had cost Iraq an estimated billion a year when oil prices fell. Hussein also accused Kuwait of illegally pumping oil from Iraq's Rumaila oil field.
The UN Security Council called for Iraq to withdraw and subsequently embargoed most trade with Iraq. On Aug. 7, U.S. troops moved into Saudi Arabia to protect Saudi oil fields. On Nov. 29, the United Nations set Jan. 15, 1991, as the deadline for a peaceful withdrawal of Iraqi troops from Kuwait. When Saddam Hussein refused to comply, Operation Desert Storm was launched on Jan. 18, 1991, under the leadership of U.S. Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf.
The U.S.-led coalition began a massive air war to destroy Iraq's forces and military and civil infrastructure. Iraq called for terrorist attacks against the coalition and launched Scud missiles at Israel (in an unsuccessful attempt to widen the war and break up the coalition) and at Saudi Arabia. The main coalition forces invaded Kuwait and S Iraq on Feb. 24 and, over the next four days, encircled and defeated the Iraqis and liberated Kuwait. When U.S. President George H. W. Bush declared a cease-fire on Feb. 28, most of the Iraqi forces in Kuwait had either surrendered or fled.
Although the war was a decisive military victory for the coalition, Kuwait and Iraq suffered enormous property damage, and Saddam Hussein was not removed from power. In fact, Hussein was free to turn his attention to suppressing internal Shiite and Kurd revolts, which the U.S.-led coalition did not support, in part because of concerns over the possible breakup of Iraq if the revolts were successful. Coalition peace terms were agreed to by Iraq, but every effort was made by the Iraqis to frustrate implementation of the terms, particularly UN weapons inspections...
The Second Persian Gulf War, also known as the Iraq War, Mar.–Apr., 2003, was a largely U.S.-British invasion of Iraq. In many ways the final, delayed campaign of the First Persian Gulf War, it arose in part because the Iraqi government failed to cooperate fully with UN weapons inspections in the years following the first conflict.
The election of George W. Bush to the U.S. presidency returned to government many officials from his father's administration who had favored removing Saddam Hussein from power in the first war. After the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon, the United States moved toward a doctrine of first-strike, pre-emptive war to eliminate threats to national security.
In October, Congress approved the use of force against Iraq, and in November the Security Council passed a resolution offering Iraq a "final opportunity" to cooperate on arms inspections.
----------
Doez youz need the term CATALYST defined for youz? Look it up yourself.
your point eludes me.

just like it did for 69,498,516 of us.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Rand Paul, the junior senator from Kentucky, is drawing attention as a potential Republican candidate for president come 2016, part of a new generation of GOP leadership.

But ladies and gentlemen, Rand Paul is also a bit of a nut. The deep streak of paranoia that he displayed for almost 13 hours on the Senate floor last week would, in ordinary times, disqualify him as a party leader, let alone a potential president. But sadly, these are not ordinary times.

Let’s start by admitting that the stunt itself was a nice piece of political stagecraft. The one-man, TV-friendly filibuster gave Paul the opportunity to play Jimmy Stewart, a lone hero standing up in defense of the Constitution. It’s the type of role that Paul covets.

However, if you’re going to grandstand on the national stage like that, shouldn’t you have something sane to say?

http://blogs.ajc.com/jay-bookman-blog/2013/03...
Cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
You admit it and that's a start.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Fight Club vs. the Weenie Brigade

I can only guess that all those Republicans in the House doing P90X have been dabbling in supplements that have shrunk their testicular fortitude to fight.

We need more members of the conservative fight club in congress and less in the weenie brigade.

http://www.redstate.com/2013/03/12/fight-club...
Cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has us sinking in the Titanic and you're in steerage. As far as the budget goes, Obama's budgets were and are a joke, just like you, moron.
Gee, Jimmy.

Bite my tongue. You Retardicans are the bestest political party in the whole, wide world.

You never do anything wrong, do you?
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush increased the size of government and increased government
spending.
Obama increased the size government and increased government
spending.

How IS one of them horribly wrong, and the other one is so brilliant?
They both did the same thing.

Let me guess...the changes Bush did in the tax rates
Well...I have news for you...they all make changes
in the tax rates.
Let me guess again....the wars, well we have wars before and we will have them again.

You libs need a new tune.
ITS BUSH FAULT!!
ITS BUSH FAULT!!
ITS BUSH FAULT!!
You libs sound like a bunch 6 year olds.
Blame Blame BLAME....ITS ALL YOU GOT.
Real adults and real leaders take responsibility.
NJ raider 1

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
So is that why your broke. You believe that if you spend all the money in your checking account it will multiply and generate additional funds. You shouldn't insult the retarded, as they appear to be much more intellectually adept than you.
You tell me Asshole what you got more than I have! I'll answer that for you, NOTHING!!! You have a house, so do I & mind you I'm 34. You have cars, so do I. Money, got that too! Broke, far from it. I'm from the hood we don't do the broke thing. If I don't have a job my bills still get paid & it's even logic in the streets stupid, you gotta spend money to make money. In order to supply a product, one must first produce it. In order to produce it one must first buy the supplies. Supply & demand. Maybe you never heard of the concept!
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
You admit it and that's a start.
And you continue to deny your messiah's complicity in the mess going forward. Typical liberal ... take no responsibility and deny even in the face of facts.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Paul Ryan’s make-believe budget

If Rep. Paul Ryan wants people to take his budget manifestos seriously, he should be honest about his ambition: not so much to make the federal government fiscally sustainable as to make it smaller.

You will recall that the Ryan Budget was a big Republican selling point in last year’s election. Most famously, Ryan proposed turning Medicare into a voucher program. He offered the usual GOP recipe of tax cuts — to be offset by closing certain loopholes, which he would not specify — along with drastic reductions in non-defense “discretionary” spending.

If the plan Ryan offered had been enacted, the federal budget would not come into balance until 2040. For some reason, Republicans forgot to mention this detail in their stump speeches and campaign ads.

Voters were supposed to believe that Ryan was an apostle of fiscal rectitude. But his real aim wasn’t to balance the budget. It was to starve the federal government of revenue. Big government, in his worldview, is inherently bad — never mind that we live in an awfully big country.

Ryan and Mitt Romney offered their vision, President Obama offered his, and Americans made their choice. Rather emphatically.

Now Ryan, as chairman of the House Budget Committee, is coming back with an ostensibly new and improved version of the framework that voters rejected in November. Judging by the preview he offered Sunday, the new plan is even less grounded in reality than was the old one.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/eugene...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

69 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 7 min Terry rigsby 48,864
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min LRS 174,503
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 12 min HasbhaRAT Trolls Biffers 67,892
Amy 7-23 33 min Julie 9
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 39 min SpaceBlues 45,767
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 458
Amy 7-22 1 hr Julie 14
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Rose of Tralee 97,515
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 4:15PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••