Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,141)

Showing posts 802,801 - 802,820 of1,077,874
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Bah, can't be done, you rightwingers want to be in everybody's business.
No, just the born-again religious types.

Meanwhile, you on the left want to interfere with my medical care.
GOPidiots

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes it feels like we're standing on the edge of a great precipice. North Korea threatening nuclear attacks, Israel threatening to take out Iran's nuclear facilities, al-Qaeda regrouping and setting up headquarters in Africa and now our own Homeland Security seemingly preparing for something rather ominous. The uncertainty is not knowing whether the push will come from an outside catastrophic event or an economic disaster in our country leading to someting much worse within our own borders.
But it certainly feels like we're standing on the edge of a great precipice sometimes and another chapter of world history is about to be written. It's hard to imagine this rumbling volcano will suddenly becoming dormant. It's possible but doesn't seem likely.
Every day it's more hand wringing from Chicken Little.
So tell us, Ms. Little, how many of your ominous predictions have come true in the past?
Oh, right...ZERO.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

I used to love New York, new yawk, at least I think I did? There's so much I don't remember... like the time I took my daughter to F.A.O. Schwartz and we got trapped in the elevator with those homeless men... I keep thinking there was something I should've done... oh well, I guess it doesn't matter any longer...
GOPidiots

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
For the fifth umpteenth time in a word, Saddam was a (the) pot stirring, nation draining, oil pilfering, rogue dictator...aka a(not an)
CATALYST.
He also posed ZERO threat to the U.S. and kept Iran busy.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

I just LOVE Rand Paul, though I admit I wish he had a better name.. he's everything America needs right now, he's short, compact I like to say, closer to the earth than the others, more in touch with the base. I just wish he wasn't crazy... but I shouldn't complain, at least he's not black or, ugh, Indian. I don't think I could vote for Jindal, I can just see him decorating the White House with elephant sculptures or cooking curry out on the lawn. That smell is so cloying...
GOPidiots

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No, just the born-again religious types.
Meanwhile, you on the left want to interfere with my medical care.
Nothing changes for you, liar.
It's a shame it doesn't really have those death panels though....oh well, nothing a good drone strike can't solve.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Every day it's more hand wringing from Chicken Little.
So tell us, Ms. Little, how many of your ominous predictions have come true in the past?
Oh, right...ZERO.
Bruce Carroll, outgoing co-founder of gay Republican group GOProud, thinks Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) has served in Washington for long enough.

In an open letter posted to Gay Patriot on Monday, Carroll announced his resignation from GOProud, saying he was moving on to weigh his options for challenging Graham:
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Yes, I think it's the uncertainty of everything that frightens me the most. If I just knew what was going to happen things would be much easier for everyone.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
Yes, I think it's the uncertainty of everything that frightens me the most. If I just knew what was going to happen things would be much easier for everyone.
Call Miss Cleo
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

A man with at least four weapons including a military-style M4 assault rifle is in police custody after he allegedly killed at least one while shooting up a bar in North Fayette, Pennsylvania.

Allegheny County police said that the shooter may have been talking on the phone to his girlfriend at the Fort Pitt Inn before briefly leaving. He later returned to the bar with three weapons and opened fire, according to KDKA.

The station reported that one of the two men who were shot in the neck and head died from his injuries. The other man was at a local hospital in critical condition.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/11/half-na...
Cway

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you making another laughable attempt at Bush-Bashing?
Like shooting fish in a barrel.
Tell us again the story about how FDR had no idea that his Generals were rounding up Japanese Americans and putting them in concentration camps.
The issue was whether the language of 9066 specifically targeted Japanese-Americans for internment.

It doesn't.

But General DeWitt's order of May 3, 1942 does. Would you like to see it again for the third time?

I don't know when Roosevelt became aware of the extent to which the military was implementing 9066.

At some point he knew, obviously. As for when, I leave that for you to research. Upon being informed, he may have approved temporarily based on the Robert's Report, which was not truthful, but convincing at the time. Or perhaps he didn't approve. I simply don't know that detail.

I do know Roosevelt rescinded 9066 in 1944.

You have been proven wrong with regard to 9066 specifically calling for Japanese-American internment. The language simply doesn't exist. The internment process began with DeWitt's May 3, 1942 order and not before..
new yawk

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

So, um, a baby elephant is sitting in dumpster out behind the abortion clinic. As his eyes become adjusted to the light in there he notices all the little broken bodies lying around everywhere, Eventually one of them raises what's left of its head and says, "Goddam! You're the biggest baby I've ever seen!"
GOPidiots

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Or something was rigged in the 2012 election.
Sure it was rigged from the start....The assclown show called the GOP primary, starring Cain, Perry, Bachman, Santorum, and the biggest loser, Magic Underpants.
GOPidiots

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Bruce Carroll, outgoing co-founder of gay Republican group GOProud, thinks Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) has served in Washington for long enough.
In an open letter posted to Gay Patriot on Monday, Carroll announced his resignation from GOProud, saying he was moving on to weigh his options for challenging Graham:
WOW! 2 gay Republicans going at each other!
Cway

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
I just LOVE Rand Paul, though I admit I wish he had a better name.. he's everything America needs right now, he's short, compact I like to say, closer to the earth than the others, more in touch with the base. I just wish he wasn't crazy... but I shouldn't complain, at least he's not black or, ugh, Indian. I don't think I could vote for Jindal, I can just see him decorating the White House with elephant sculptures or cooking curry out on the lawn. That smell is so cloying...
This was actually witty.

Not only can I see Jindal decorating the White House with elephant sculptures, I can see him riding around on a real one wearing a Rajah hat.

Jindal:

I am president now. You are all my subjects. I hereby proclaim national monkey worship as America's official religon. Release all the monkeys from their cages and let them do as they please, just as in the old country.

Because everything goes better with a monkey!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! 2 gay Republicans going at each other!
I know !! What a hoot! This will be interesting
Cway

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Here's an idea for a move...

BABY SAVERS!

Swarms of pick-up trucks waving confederate flags and driven by shotgun-toting rednecks descend on a clinic.

They rescue the babies, slap the moms, shoot the doctors and blow up the facility. The babys are piled in back of a pick-up. They drive off... WAHOO!

Then... back in town...

"Do you want it?"

"No, I don't want it."

"Do you want it?"

"No, I don't want it, either...."

FINAL SCENE

Rednecks pull up next to a dumpster and start pitching babies into it. Take off at high speed.

"Hey, saved your life. You're on your own now."

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

VILE...VILE...truly. Y'all have quit playing nice at all.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Call Miss Cleo
Maybe you can tell me another time in history when the world was so unstable economically and geographically and something didn't go "boom".

I said it might go "boom" here first if the deficit reaches its boiling point.

Take your pick.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Nevermind the magnetic poles are shifting and the earth and the weather are going haywire.

In fact, natural disasters might be what goes "boom" first.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 802,801 - 802,820 of1,077,874
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

92 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min Terry rigsby 48,821
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min LRS 174,410
Abby 7-22 35 min Cass 5
Voice of God Weapon 35 min I Told U Not 2 Emulate ME 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 43 min RACE 97,508
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 52 min Drone me 1,852
Cheap Tomatoes 52 min Straw Boss 2
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000