Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
802,741 - 802,760 of 1,080,441 Comments Last updated 39 min ago
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave is right.
One of the most constantly whined refrains out of the economic crisis is that banks were forced to make bad loans to low income groups because of federal regulations requiring them to loan money to minorities.
That’s hooey, of course. Just enough to convince those who really want to believe the housing crisis was the result of some liberal plot.
Check the June 12, 2012 Washington Post. A Wells Fargo executive describes in detail how she led the team that eagerly sought out minorities and people with bad credit or no credit and hoodwinked them into loans they couldn’t handle.
She was making loans people couldn’t pay under the certainty that she would make her loan fees while the loans themselves would be sold and resold. She was one cog in a giant machine that was spinning out money as the housing hyper-inflationary bubble inflated.
When borrowers defaulted, as banks knew they would, the banks got the property (which was going up in value) and kept the payments. And then bundled the bad loans to Wall Street as "investment grade".
It was a great scam while it lasted. Blame the banks for what happened. And the GOP Majority in Congress and the White House who did nothing as the situation spun out of control.
Shouldn't you be running along now, before one of us adults decides to take your hash pipe from you?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

How much staying power is there in a political stance that requires waxing semihysterical about the imminent threat of Obama-ordered drone strikes against Americans sitting in cafés? And as for the other Republican senators who rushed to the floor to cheer Paul on, won’t they soon be entertaining second thoughts? Is patting Rand Paul on the back for his fearmongering a plausible path to the presidency for Marco Rubio or Ted Cruz? Is embracing kookiness a winning strategy for the Republican party? We doubt it.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/sound-...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Parasite? I'll give you a parasite.
How about a political party that launches a war by lies, gets 4,000 of our people killed, while making big profits off the stock market from it.
You are a giant, blood-sucking lamprey stuck on America's azz.
Only parasiTic scum make up lies of information on purpose to try and divide and start wars with others.

Kinda like the people of the USA were about Benghazi

Bush wasn't lying-just confused...who wasn't after such hienous acts of terrorism against a nation.

Cway

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
CWay since it’s about your IQ I think I can get a 5th to explain it to you!!
It appears you "captains of industry" are such lazy fckn slobs at the keyboard, you don't have the energy to write so much as a clear paragraph in support of your half-baked thoughts.
Cway

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't you be running along now, before one of us adults decides to take your hash pipe from you?
That's it? That's all you have have, Wax Head?

Just a snotty, dismissive remark and a quick retreat with your tail between your legs?

Reminds me of Nixon's "peace with honor" in Vietnam. He ran like a whipped mutt, too.
GOPidiots

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Only parasiTic scum make up lies of information on purpose to try and divide and start wars with others.
Bush wasn't lying-just confused...who wasn't after such hienous acts of terrorism against a nation.
Benghazi wasn't a war, dumbass.
It also didn't last a decade.
That's a long time to be 'confused'
Cway

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Bush wasn't lying? So where are the WMDs?

Oh, another point of confusion.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

How Not to Stop a War

My cover story for this month’s American Conservative argues that Iraq has done for the GOP what Vietnam did to Lyndon Johnson’s Democrats—that is, it not only has wrecked the party’s reputation but has tainted the cultural values proclaimed by the party.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/mccart...
Cway

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

palsiwalsi wrote:
<quoted text>
so you're only 98% hopeless. Obama , the liar, has created zero private sector jobs. His Wall Street handlers are doing extremely well, however with the newly printed billions.
Those printed billions didn't just materialize on Obama's whim.

More like your side created the mess which necessitated it.

As in two unfinished wars, one of which was unnecessary. That raised expenditures. And tax breaks for the wealthy which gutted federal revenues.
Cway

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
How Not to Stop a War
My cover story for this month’s American Conservative argues that Iraq has done for the GOP what Vietnam did to Lyndon Johnson’s Democrats—that is, it not only has wrecked the party’s reputation but has tainted the cultural values proclaimed by the party.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/mccart...
I don't understand.

According to Waxman, Bush was simply confused. Due to the destruction and loss of life on 9-11. He was in a cloud thereafter.

And come to think of it, he was in a cloud before 9-11 as well. As evidenced by ignoring Tenet's warning six weeks before the attacks struck.
Mr Ming

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, yes. GOP grasshoppers.

Very confused bunch.
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Depends on where you live in New York City.
Some beautiful, expensive areas.

I wouldn't want to be land locked in The Mid-West.
leo also lives in KINtucky, btw.( Used to be on her ISP ).
In or Near Drip Rock. Or so she said.

No, KINtucky 'aint' my thing. Or Mid-West living.
Neither is West Coast.
And East Coast is becoming very expensive.

Wouldn't retire in Europe. Australia is awesome.
Island Life Calls ... Some Day.

I don't see why anyone should gasp in awe of anything or anyone.
<quoted text>
Dementia maybe? Ignorance for sure. I command thee oh ISP...umm not quite...wouldn't even bother lol.
UNlike the rest of the birdbrains of a feather-not every gasps in awe at the concrete nasty jungle of New Yawkshitty...that's for sure!
(but I might be a little prejudice with childhood recollections of loud and obnoxious!!)
If NYC is the armpit.....
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Get back to us when you learn to read with some comprehension, herd pack, brainless jackboot.

(as we see, confused for you is obviously a lifetime!)
Cway

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
...and just wait until Obamacare starts making that giant sucking sound. The economy will begin experiencing a vacuum.
I guess we could call the Jerk-In-Chief another Hoover!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..
Sorry to pop your dream bubble, but the water burst over that dam back in 2008-2009 and Obama has been trying to contain it ever since.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand.
According to Waxman, Bush was simply confused. Due to the destruction and loss of life on 9-11. He was in a cloud thereafter.
And come to think of it, he was in a cloud before 9-11 as well. As evidenced by ignoring Tenet's warning six weeks before the attacks struck.
Bush Sought 'Way' To Invade Iraq?

And what happened at President Bush's very first National Security Council meeting is one of O'Neill's most startling revelations.

"From the very beginning, there was a conviction, that Saddam Hussein was a bad person and that he needed to go," says O'Neill, who adds that going after Saddam was topic "A" 10 days after the inauguration - eight months before Sept. 11.

"From the very first instance, it was about Iraq. It was about what we can do to change this regime," says Suskind. "Day one, these things were laid and sealed."

As treasury secretary, O'Neill was a permanent member of the National Security Council. He says in the book he was surprised at the meeting that questions such as "Why Saddam?" and "Why now?" were never asked.

"It was all about finding a way to do it. That was the tone of it. The president saying 'Go find me a way to do this,'" says O'Neill. "For me, the notion of pre-emption, that the U.S. has the unilateral right to do whatever we decide to do, is a really huge leap."

And that came up at this first meeting, says O'Neill, who adds that the discussion of Iraq continued at the next National Security Council meeting two days later.

He got briefing materials under this cover sheet. "There are memos. One of them marked, secret, says,'Plan for post-Saddam Iraq,'" adds Suskind, who says that they discussed an occupation of Iraq in January and February of 2001.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-592330....

not so confused.
Cway

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

new yawk wrote:
Australia is awesome.
Island Life Calls ... Some Day.
<quoted text>
Send Galt an Eastern Brown snake. They make wonderful pets for conservatives.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
How much staying power is there in a political stance that requires waxing semihysterical about the imminent threat of Obama-ordered drone strikes against Americans sitting in cafés? And as for the other Republican senators who rushed to the floor to cheer Paul on, won’t they soon be entertaining second thoughts? Is patting Rand Paul on the back for his fearmongering a plausible path to the presidency for Marco Rubio or Ted Cruz? Is embracing kookiness a winning strategy for the Republican party? We doubt it.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/sound-...
Who cares what you doubt, lets' switch modes this week.

Pick a Pope Papal placement dibs-

1. What cowor will the first round of smoke be, gray or whituh?
2. If not whituh on duh fiwrst ronduh-pick a day.

Dis stuff way better than listening to all dat prance and dance elecshuneering...no numbers, no whining, just picking duh leaduh of duh largest denomination in WORLDuh via smoke signals!
Cway

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush Sought 'Way' To Invade Iraq?
And what happened at President Bush's very first National Security Council meeting is one of O'Neill's most startling revelations.
"From the very beginning, there was a conviction, that Saddam Hussein was a bad person and that he needed to go," says O'Neill, who adds that going after Saddam was topic "A" 10 days after the inauguration - eight months before Sept. 11.
"From the very first instance, it was about Iraq. It was about what we can do to change this regime," says Suskind. "Day one, these things were laid and sealed."
As treasury secretary, O'Neill was a permanent member of the National Security Council. He says in the book he was surprised at the meeting that questions such as "Why Saddam?" and "Why now?" were never asked.
"It was all about finding a way to do it. That was the tone of it. The president saying 'Go find me a way to do this,'" says O'Neill. "For me, the notion of pre-emption, that the U.S. has the unilateral right to do whatever we decide to do, is a really huge leap."
And that came up at this first meeting, says O'Neill, who adds that the discussion of Iraq continued at the next National Security Council meeting two days later.
He got briefing materials under this cover sheet. "There are memos. One of them marked, secret, says,'Plan for post-Saddam Iraq,'" adds Suskind, who says that they discussed an occupation of Iraq in January and February of 2001.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-592330....
not so confused.
9-11 was an inside job.

Remember the five dancing Israelis? The ones who set up video cameras at Liberty State Park and filmed 9-11 around the time it began? And celebrated when the planes hit?

They obviously knew it coming. Residents claim they were wearing Arab attire while doing this.

The FBI arrested them. They found box cutters and maps of New York with areas circled in red. Bomb-sniffing dogs began barking when they approached the van the five were driving.

They were held for two months and then released on orders from Ashcroft (obviously on Bush's authority) over the protests of FBI and CIA investigators.

How interesting that six months after 9-11, Bush and Cheney began cooking up stories about a Hussein-Al Qaida collaboration.
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Perhaps he would prefer a gift of his choosing.

Many beautiful artifacts in Australia I'd be happy to send him!

I'll send you the Eastern Brown Snake instead, OK?

PS Please keep your squabble with Galt between you & Galt.
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Send Galt an Eastern Brown snake. They make wonderful pets for conservatives.
Patriot

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Blackmail - Colorado Sheriffs: Senate Dems. Threatening Pay Freezes Over Gun Control Opposition

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/03/robe...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 min Uzi 67,973
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min Brian_G 45,799
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 174,666
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr LMS 97,540
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Natual should be respect 48,918
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr Jews against gambling 68,380
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 4 hr andet1987 465
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE