Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#872331 Mar 11, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a simpleton and a disgruntled little on white fart. if this nation descends into nothingness, it will be your fault and all those who sit on their retirement duffs. you wrinkled up old prunes are a continous drag on our economy. fold up your tents and make your way to a grave.
where did you get this welfare, foodstamp, ghetto shyt from? i'll have you know thats not my station you've tuned into. get your assumptive dyed-in-the wool racist thoughts under control.
victiKKKrackas like you, don't deserve to be taken seriously....with that said, STFU MurdaFudder!!!!!!!!!!
You have just proven yourself to be the uneducated, racist piece of trash who helped elect and then re-elect the incompetent Obama. You have no idea of my age or race, but since I'm not a lowlife like you, you just assume I am above you, which I am. Your "STFU MurdaFudder" gives you away, just as my money is given away...to lowlife bottomfeeder leeches such as you. See...I was correct all along. Now go chomp on a big piece of ripe watermelon and enjoy your next 4 years of failure.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#872332 Mar 11, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Like shooting fish in a barrel.
<quoted text>
The issue was whether the language of 9066 specifically targeted Japanese-Americans for internment.
It doesn't.
But General DeWitt's order of May 3, 1942 does. Would you like to see it again for the third time?
I don't know when Roosevelt became aware of the extent to which the military was implementing 9066.
At some point he knew, obviously. As for when, I leave that for you to research. Upon being informed, he may have approved temporarily based on the Robert's Report, which was not truthful, but convincing at the time. Or perhaps he didn't approve. I simply don't know that detail.
I do know Roosevelt rescinded 9066 in 1944.
You have been proven wrong with regard to 9066 specifically calling for Japanese-American internment. The language simply doesn't exist. The internment process began with DeWitt's May 3, 1942 order and not before..
Damn that was a good story! I wish I could hear the Three Stooges theme song that goes along with it:}

You are backpedaling like anyone would expect you to regarding the REAL story, though.

* The original disagreement was whether FDR ordered the internment and NOT whether Executive Order 9066 contained the label Japanese Americans.

* Roosevelt did NOT rescind 9066 in 1944. "Executive Order 9066 was rescinded by Gerald Ford on February 19, 1976. In 1980, Jimmy Carter signed legislation to create the Commission on Wartime Relocation and Internment of Civilians (CWRIC). The CWRIC was appointed to conduct an official governmental study of Executive Order 9066, related wartime orders, and their impact on Japanese Americans in the West and Alaska Natives in the Pribilof Islands.

In December 1982, the CWRIC issued its findings in Personal Justice Denied, concluding that the incarceration of Japanese Americans had not been justified by military necessity. The report determined that the decision to incarcerate was based on "race prejudice, war hysteria, and a failure of political leadership." The Commission recommended legislative remedies consisting of an official Government apology and redress payments of $20,000 to each of the survivors; a public education fund was set up to help ensure that this would not happen again (Public Law 100-383).

On August 10, 1988, the Civil Liberties Act of 1988, based on the CWRIC recommendations, was signed into law by Ronald Reagan. On November 21, 1989, George H. W. Bush signed an appropriation bill authorizing payments to be paid out between 1990 and 1998. In 1990, surviving internees began to receive individuals redress payments and a letter of apology. This bill only applied to the Japanese Americans."

From Wiki - Executive Order 9066: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_...

"This mass removal of persons of Japanese ancestry was ordered by the president, supported by the Justice Department, implemented by the military, and sanctioned by the Supreme Court."

From NOLO - Executive Order 9066 (Japanese Internment): http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/conten...

Do you know any good Christmas or Ghost Stories, too?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#872333 Mar 11, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm self employed, as a licensed massage therapist, thanks. But that's because I have more gumption (not to mention self-respect) than the average bible-thumpin', lotsa-kids-pumpin', snake-handlin', food-stamp sellin', meth cook.
(You do know that Oklahoma has the highest percentage of those in the nation, right? It's no wonder we have Fallin as Governor...)
You are the first massage therapist to rub me the wrong way.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cway

United States

#872334 Mar 11, 2013
palsiwalsi wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave is a moron.
The thousands of mortgage defaults and foreclosures in the "subprime" housing market (i.e., mortgage holders with poor credit ratings) is the direct result of thirty years of government policy that has forced banks to make bad loans to un-creditworthy borrowers. The policy in question is the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), which compels banks to make loans to low-income borrowers and in what the supporters of the Act call "communities of color" that they might not otherwise make based on purely economic criteria.
The original lobbyists for the CRA were the hardcore leftists who supported the Carter administration and were often rewarded for their support with government grants and programs like the CRA that they benefited from. These included various "neighborhood organizations," as they like to call themselves, such as "ACORN" (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now). These organizations claim that over $1 trillion in CRA loans have been made, although no one seems to know the magnitude with much certainty. A U.S. Senate Banking Committee staffer told me about ten years ago that at least $100 billion in such loans had been made in the first twenty years of the Act.
It's hard convincing your side of anything.

Like "Bush and Cheney didn't lie about WMDs", "Valerie Plame wasn't a covert CIA operative" and "Barney Frank forced banks to lend to unqualified buyers".

Did you read the Washington Post article where a Wells Fargo executive admits the bank went out of its way to bring in bad credit risks?

Several of these large banks are now under investigation for making predatory loans.

As I understand CRA regs, banks had to make loans to those in low income areas with a certain percentage of FNMA funds, but that in no way meant those borrowers could skate on loan requirements.

The biggest obstacle for your argument is that you'd have us believe at a time when Republicans controlled the federal government, they chose to sit on their hands rather than come flying to the rescue of these "opppressed" banks forced by federal law to provide ruinous loans.

Come on, that simply doesn't fly.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#872335 Mar 11, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
There is something to be said for regularity. Perhaps that's your problem. Drink some aloe Vera juice, works wonders
Pulling your head out from your vent-hole would work better for you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#872337 Mar 11, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
craziness will end for all of us when we enter our eternal rest.....and its promised to us only through Jesus the Christ.
...no rest for the wicked, Dood.

You know how to shovel coal?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#872338 Mar 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Time to go after Moochelle, the food Nazi who is starving school children.
....and the sign in the Zoo says "Don't feed the Simians"

Ironic, isn't it?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#872339 Mar 11, 2013
Check out this compilation of party scenes at the last DNC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

And this, Progressive Liberals askeered of the 2nd Amendment:

Kids...just a bunch of overgrown kids, all of them...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cway

United States

#872340 Mar 11, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn that was a good story! I wish I could hear the Three Stooges theme song that goes along with it:}
You are backpedaling like anyone would expect you to regarding the REAL story, though.
* The original disagreement was whether FDR ordered the internment and NOT whether Executive Order 9066 contained the label Japanese Americans.
* Roosevelt did NOT rescind 9066 in 1944. "Executive Order 9066 was rescinded by Gerald Ford on February 19, 1976. In 1980, Jimmy Carter signed legislation to create the Commission on Wartime Relocation and Internment of Civilians (CWRIC). The CWRIC was appointed to conduct an official governmental study of Executive Order 9066, related wartime orders, and their impact on Japanese Americans in the West and Alaska Natives in the Pribilof Islands.
In December 1982, the CWRIC issued its findings in Personal Justice Denied, concluding that the incarceration of Japanese Americans had not been justified by military necessity. The report determined that the decision to incarcerate was based on "race prejudice, war hysteria, and a failure of political leadership." The Commission recommended legislative remedies consisting of an official Government apology and redress payments of $20,000 to each of the survivors; a public education fund was set up to help ensure that this would not happen again (Public Law 100-383).
On August 10, 1988, the Civil Liberties Act of 1988, based on the CWRIC recommendations, was signed into law by Ronald Reagan. On November 21, 1989, George H. W. Bush signed an appropriation bill authorizing payments to be paid out between 1990 and 1998. In 1990, surviving internees began to receive individuals redress payments and a letter of apology. This bill only applied to the Japanese Americans."
From Wiki - Executive Order 9066: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_...
"This mass removal of persons of Japanese ancestry was ordered by the president, supported by the Justice Department, implemented by the military, and sanctioned by the Supreme Court."
From NOLO - Executive Order 9066 (Japanese Internment): http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/conten...
Do you know any good Christmas or Ghost Stories, too?
From your second link:

"U. S. Executive Order 9066 was a presidential order signed by Franklin D. Roosevelt on February 19, 1942 authorizing the Army to designate military areas from which any persons may be excluded. The words Japanese, or Japanese Americans never appeared but the order was directed mainly against them."

Your own source here admits the language does not mention Japanese-Americans. It says "exclude", but nothing about internment. As for the final sentence, that is strictly the interpretation of the writer.

Busted by your own evidence. BAH HAH HAH HAH

Not to mention your irrelevant rambling discourse on the remedies proscribed in the late 1980s. Has nothing to do with what language was used in FDR's 9066.

Proving once again what mindless idiots you are.

BAH HAH HAH HAH

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#872341 Mar 11, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard convincing your side of anything.
Like "Bush and Cheney didn't lie about WMDs", "Valerie Plame wasn't a covert CIA operative" and "Barney Frank forced banks to lend to unqualified buyers".
Did you read the Washington Post article where a Wells Fargo executive admits the bank went out of its way to bring in bad credit risks?
Several of these large banks are now under investigation for making predatory loans.
As I understand CRA regs, banks had to make loans to those in low income areas with a certain percentage of FNMA funds, but that in no way meant those borrowers could skate on loan requirements.
The biggest obstacle for your argument is that you'd have us believe at a time when Republicans controlled the federal government, they chose to sit on their hands rather than come flying to the rescue of these "opppressed" banks forced by federal law to provide ruinous loans.
Come on, that simply doesn't fly.
So...a predatory loan is something that a bank sells to an unworthy debtor so that they can have the debtor default and cause said bank to lose money. Sounds like Stupid having fun. Like you!

Duh!

Hey! The Story Man! Howya dooin?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#872342 Mar 11, 2013
Meet the rising star of the Obama administration
March 11, 2013 13:55 IST

While the likes of senior Indian American officials in the Barack Obama [ Images ] administration -- namely Administrator of United States Agency for International Development Dr Rajiv Shah and Chief US Agricultural Negotiator in the Office of the US Trade Representative Islam ‘Isi’ Siddiqui -- enjoy a major public profile, there are others who have been flying under the radar but are rising stars nonetheless.

One such person is Zeenat Rahman, who has been a close aide to erstwhile Secretary of State Hillary Clinton [ Images ] since last June.

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/meet-the-ri...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#872343 Mar 11, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
From your second link:
"U. S. Executive Order 9066 was a presidential order signed by Franklin D. Roosevelt on February 19, 1942 authorizing the Army to designate military areas from which any persons may be excluded. The words Japanese, or Japanese Americans never appeared but the order was directed mainly against them."
Your own source here admits the language does not mention Japanese-Americans. It says "exclude", but nothing about internment. As for the final sentence, that is strictly the interpretation of the writer.
Busted by your own evidence. BAH HAH HAH HAH
Not to mention your irrelevant rambling discourse on the remedies proscribed in the late 1980s. Has nothing to do with what language was used in FDR's 9066.
Proving once again what mindless idiots you are.
BAH HAH HAH HAH
I wrote:

"The original disagreement was whether FDR ordered the internment and NOT whether Executive Order 9066 contained the label Japanese Americans."

You wrote:

"Your own source here admits the language does not mention Japanese-Americans."

Huh?

You are stuck on Stupid like Clingons are to your butt.

I wrote:

""U. S. Executive Order 9066 was a presidential order signed by Franklin D. Roosevelt on February 19, 1942 authorizing the Army to designate military areas from which any persons may be excluded."

FDR did this after reading a report he had earlier requested and authorized regarding the potential for Japanese Americans to commit espionage.

After 9066, he issued Executive Order 9102 Establishing the War Relocation Authority to facilitate and accommodate 9066.

Let me advise you that, regardless of how many attempts you make to catch your own tail, it will remain forever out of reach, Dood.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#872344 Mar 11, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Meet the rising star of the Obama administration
March 11, 2013 13:55 IST
While the likes of senior Indian American officials in the Barack Obama [ Images ] administration -- namely Administrator of United States Agency for International Development Dr Rajiv Shah and Chief US Agricultural Negotiator in the Office of the US Trade Representative Islam ‘Isi’ Siddiqui -- enjoy a major public profile, there are others who have been flying under the radar but are rising stars nonetheless.
One such person is Zeenat Rahman, who has been a close aide to erstwhile Secretary of State Hillary Clinton [ Images ] since last June.
http://www.rediff.com/news/report/meet-the-ri...
Good bedtime reading like this helps one get to sleep promptly.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
For Real

El Monte, CA

#872345 Mar 11, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The deficit is 7 trillion higher than in 2008.
No president in history - even with wars and natural disasters and depressions and recessions - has raised the deficit that high with so little results.
another clueless moron with no links to prove her assertions.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
For Real

El Monte, CA

#872346 Mar 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary Fallin already has a better resume than Obama had when elected.
Plus being younger and more attractive than the stroke-addled Hillary.
Mitt WRONGney is more attractive than obama and romney was defeated, don't count too much on looks john, they can deceive.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

#872348 Mar 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The so-called "religious right" are far from dependable voters.
They are economic liberals whose only claim to "conservatism" is being anti-abortion.
Galt thinks they stayed home in 2012 because they didn't like Romney's religion, and they won't like Santorum's Catholicism any better.
Screw the religious right. They have no place to go.
I agree with much of what you say, and some not so much.
I do for sure understand your feeling in regards to the
religious right....kinda feel the same way, or I did feel that
way.

Yes...some did stay at home on election day, because of Romney's
religion, but I do think that notion is a bit overplayed.
And I don't think that would be a issue with a Catholic.
The truth about the so called numbers of conservatives (Republicans) staying home is overstated.
Many of those Republicans are really just liberals that are
registered as republicans in order to play silly games in the
primaries.

And yes many on the religious right are not very conservative, just
Pro-Life, many promote the nanny state, out of fear that
abortion will go up if the safety net was reduced.
But I Think many have changed their minds in regards to the
nanny state, and have come to understand the dangers in it.
Not all...but many have learned this.

Your feelings about the religious right are valid in many ways.
But in many ways the religious right has been the victim
or target from the far-left that has spent years painting
them as crazy religious nuts with a hidden agenda
of wanting to impose their values on the rest of us.
In my opinion...most judgment against the religious right
is just not true....or very overstated and distorted.
I do hope Rick Santorum runs in 2016...or a least
many take notice of his wonderful working mans conservative
message.
Well...because it was a good message

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

#872349 Mar 12, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>What makes your credibility so questionable, Carol, is you scream at the top of your lungs about Obama increasing the deficit after Bush's recession, I'd say in terms of real dollars the amounts were similar(Obama vs. Reagan) where as the depths to which Bush sunk us were much greater than what Carter left Reagan.
And how did Reagan end the recession? Answer gov't spending. Oh and then he raised taxes.
The conversation WAS afterall about honesty and intregrity, leave it to both you and Galt to change the subject, I don't think either of you would recognize the truth.
You libs fail to understand that most true conservatives
do not defend the spending habits of Bush.
Bush was not alone with what he did...he had lots of help from
both parties screwing things up.
And as far as the housing bubble goes...well that was set in motion
long before Bush was in office.
Bush spent way too much....but that does make it right
for the Obama spending levels we have now.

This liberal notion that Bush screwed everything so bad, so now
we have no choice for Obama spend like a mad man...is just
plain nonsense.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

#872350 Mar 12, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The Reagan spending produced positive results, the collapse of the Soviet Union and the Iron Curtain.
The Obama spending disappeared into the pockets of labor unions.
Unions have been getting away with way too much BS for
way to long.
Its long past time to bring the Unions and all their
BS into the light.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cway

United States

#872351 Mar 12, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I wrote:
"The original disagreement was whether FDR ordered the internment and NOT whether Executive Order 9066 contained the label Japanese Americans."
You wrote:
"Your own source here admits the language does not mention Japanese-Americans."
Huh?
You are stuck on Stupid like Clingons are to your butt.
I wrote:
""U. S. Executive Order 9066 was a presidential order signed by Franklin D. Roosevelt on February 19, 1942 authorizing the Army to designate military areas from which any persons may be excluded."
FDR did this after reading a report he had earlier requested and authorized regarding the potential for Japanese Americans to commit espionage.
After 9066, he issued Executive Order 9102 Establishing the War Relocation Authority to facilitate and accommodate 9066.
Let me advise you that, regardless of how many attempts you make to catch your own tail, it will remain forever out of reach, Dood.
Shiny,

Don't try to BS us by changing your original argument. You claimed Roosevelt was responsible for putting Japanese-Americans into internment camps via executive order 9066.

The language there does not support your case.

You have been busted with your own evidence.

And everyone sees it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

#872352 Mar 12, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Rightwing bs, you all need to come up with a new line of bs.
No its not right-wing BS, its just plain old common sense with
a basic understanding of free market capitalism and basic
human nature.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 15 min J RULES 71,188
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr cheluzal 98,870
Chicago Pizza Blows 2 hr joey 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMare 51,279
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 2 hr IUEC 7,564
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr OzRitz 49,304
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr festivus infidel 68,906
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr Jacques Ottawa 182,017
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
What Can Bears Do to Get Back into Playoff Hunt?
NBC Sports11:49 AM
Reggie Wayne needs offseason triceps surgery
NBC Sports 1:29 PM
Colts say they will be all business despite nothing to gain - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:40 PM
Cutler realizes Bears could be in for changes - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:22 PM
Bears re-sign Austen Lane to replace Willie Young