Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1275117 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

For Real

El Monte, CA

#872345 Mar 11, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The deficit is 7 trillion higher than in 2008.
No president in history - even with wars and natural disasters and depressions and recessions - has raised the deficit that high with so little results.
another clueless moron with no links to prove her assertions.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
For Real

El Monte, CA

#872346 Mar 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary Fallin already has a better resume than Obama had when elected.
Plus being younger and more attractive than the stroke-addled Hillary.
Mitt WRONGney is more attractive than obama and romney was defeated, don't count too much on looks john, they can deceive.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

#872348 Mar 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The so-called "religious right" are far from dependable voters.
They are economic liberals whose only claim to "conservatism" is being anti-abortion.
Galt thinks they stayed home in 2012 because they didn't like Romney's religion, and they won't like Santorum's Catholicism any better.
Screw the religious right. They have no place to go.
I agree with much of what you say, and some not so much.
I do for sure understand your feeling in regards to the
religious right....kinda feel the same way, or I did feel that
way.

Yes...some did stay at home on election day, because of Romney's
religion, but I do think that notion is a bit overplayed.
And I don't think that would be a issue with a Catholic.
The truth about the so called numbers of conservatives (Republicans) staying home is overstated.
Many of those Republicans are really just liberals that are
registered as republicans in order to play silly games in the
primaries.

And yes many on the religious right are not very conservative, just
Pro-Life, many promote the nanny state, out of fear that
abortion will go up if the safety net was reduced.
But I Think many have changed their minds in regards to the
nanny state, and have come to understand the dangers in it.
Not all...but many have learned this.

Your feelings about the religious right are valid in many ways.
But in many ways the religious right has been the victim
or target from the far-left that has spent years painting
them as crazy religious nuts with a hidden agenda
of wanting to impose their values on the rest of us.
In my opinion...most judgment against the religious right
is just not true....or very overstated and distorted.
I do hope Rick Santorum runs in 2016...or a least
many take notice of his wonderful working mans conservative
message.
Well...because it was a good message

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

#872349 Mar 12, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>What makes your credibility so questionable, Carol, is you scream at the top of your lungs about Obama increasing the deficit after Bush's recession, I'd say in terms of real dollars the amounts were similar(Obama vs. Reagan) where as the depths to which Bush sunk us were much greater than what Carter left Reagan.
And how did Reagan end the recession? Answer gov't spending. Oh and then he raised taxes.
The conversation WAS afterall about honesty and intregrity, leave it to both you and Galt to change the subject, I don't think either of you would recognize the truth.
You libs fail to understand that most true conservatives
do not defend the spending habits of Bush.
Bush was not alone with what he did...he had lots of help from
both parties screwing things up.
And as far as the housing bubble goes...well that was set in motion
long before Bush was in office.
Bush spent way too much....but that does make it right
for the Obama spending levels we have now.

This liberal notion that Bush screwed everything so bad, so now
we have no choice for Obama spend like a mad man...is just
plain nonsense.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

#872350 Mar 12, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The Reagan spending produced positive results, the collapse of the Soviet Union and the Iron Curtain.
The Obama spending disappeared into the pockets of labor unions.
Unions have been getting away with way too much BS for
way to long.
Its long past time to bring the Unions and all their
BS into the light.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cway

United States

#872351 Mar 12, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I wrote:
"The original disagreement was whether FDR ordered the internment and NOT whether Executive Order 9066 contained the label Japanese Americans."
You wrote:
"Your own source here admits the language does not mention Japanese-Americans."
Huh?
You are stuck on Stupid like Clingons are to your butt.
I wrote:
""U. S. Executive Order 9066 was a presidential order signed by Franklin D. Roosevelt on February 19, 1942 authorizing the Army to designate military areas from which any persons may be excluded."
FDR did this after reading a report he had earlier requested and authorized regarding the potential for Japanese Americans to commit espionage.
After 9066, he issued Executive Order 9102 Establishing the War Relocation Authority to facilitate and accommodate 9066.
Let me advise you that, regardless of how many attempts you make to catch your own tail, it will remain forever out of reach, Dood.
Shiny,

Don't try to BS us by changing your original argument. You claimed Roosevelt was responsible for putting Japanese-Americans into internment camps via executive order 9066.

The language there does not support your case.

You have been busted with your own evidence.

And everyone sees it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

#872352 Mar 12, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Rightwing bs, you all need to come up with a new line of bs.
No its not right-wing BS, its just plain old common sense with
a basic understanding of free market capitalism and basic
human nature.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Navy Corpseman

United States

#872353 Mar 12, 2013
For Real wrote:
<quoted text> another clueless moron with no links to prove her assertions.
You don't need links you stupid Shiite Moslim!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

#872354 Mar 12, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>We're well into the recovery stooge at least according to all but a couple economic indicators which are related.
Housing and unemployment?
Housing is way off due to the overbuilding and over financing made
possible by the lack of oversight during the Bush era that allowed folks such as Angelo Mozilo to run wild. And___unemployment in the construction and related arena's still hovers at over 16% nationally and much higher in the explosive growth areas, FL, NV etc.
Further, during the Bush era the construction industry was even further propelled by weather calamities such as a half dozen hurricanes in Florida which caused massive damage, and of course the big one Katrina.
Obviously a POTUS has no control over ugly weather but weather does impact the economy both ways.
I hope we are in a recovery....not so sure about that just yet.
Economic indicators can distorted for political gain.
The subprime problem was caused by FED government regulation.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cway

United States

#872355 Mar 12, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The original disagreement was whether FDR ordered the internment and NOT whether Executive Order 9066 contained the label Japanese Americans.
The only evidence you have is 9066 and it doesn't support you.

General DeWitt's order of May 3, 1942 fully supports my contention that the military came up with the idea of placing Japanese-Americans in camps.

9066 made clear the military had the right to create security zones around certain bases and exclude anyone they wished from those zones.

What the military did went far beyond this. They turned the entire West Coast into a military zone.

If you fail to comprehend this as a grotesque ursurpation of power, then you're hopeless. The military clearly bent the rules with a vengeance because it was they who wanted Japanese-Americans behind barbed wire.

I will further add that the internment process began with DeWitt's order and not before.

You are totally busted.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#872356 Mar 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling a black man "boy" is a racial slur.
defending it just paints you with the same brush.
Thanks for demonstrating your simple minded thought process. Not surprising since the victim mentality is the bread and butter of the liberals in this country.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

#872358 Mar 12, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Satire, or sarcasm?
No just my opinion.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#872359 Mar 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
No in our society calling a black man"boy' is racist. You are just so inbred with your racism, you think its natural.
You & your racist F*ck buddies here can pretend & make up all the excuses you want. It doesn't change that you are posting racial slurs. And you know it.
Pull your skirt down little girl, your liberalism is showing.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#872360 Mar 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
How many jobs were lost on February of 2009, dumbass.
To state how many jobs were lost in a given month does not imply that the same number was lost per month for a yer.
Just how GD dumb are you?
Total employment is not down under Obama.
Your report is from 2010. It took all of 2009 to take the Bush job losses from 750,000 to zero.
Not surprising if your not crying racist for some obscure reason your blaming Bush for all your "BOYS'" failures.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Amherst, MA

#872361 Mar 12, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone on the left keeps pointing frantically at the numbers slowly creeping up completely forgetting about the impending Obamacare disaster that's right around the corner that will hit us like a freight train. Didn't things seem to start looking up right before the Great Depression?
How can anyone see half the country on some kind of welfare, millions still out of work, and no hope on the horizon of employers hiring anytime soon as a good sign?
Do they really think Obamacare is going to make this economy better?
I just don't get it. The depth of denial I mean.
Your ignorant obsession with "Obamacare" is really getting tiresome Carol. Yes Carol it's a total disaster when a cancer patient on chemotherapy doesn't have to worry about their treatment being terminated because they've reached an arbitrary lifetime cap. It's a disaster when the parents of a child born with a birth defect will be able to get medical insurance and not go bankrupt because of medical bills. It's a disaster that when my son turns 21 at the end of the month we won't be hit with the expense of another policy. It's a disaster that big insurance will have to pay out 80% of the revenue they receive on actual healthcare instead of padding executive salaries. It's a real disaster that preventative care like annual checkups are included that can spot a medical condition before it gets worse and more expensive to treat.
The conditions that caused the Great Depression are very different today than they were in 1929. Stocks can no longer be bought on margin and bank deposits are insured preventing depositors from losing all of their life savings in the event of bank failures.
Your assertion that half the people in this country are on some kind of welfare is just a bald faced lie. Retirees on social security paid into the system. I've been paying into it for over 40 years since I got my first job back in high school. Do you consider disabled veterans who put their lives on the line so that you can be free to spew your stupidity on some kind of welfare? No they earned it it the most extreme way possible.
You just don't get anything Carol, you've had your head stuck in the right wing echo chamber far too long.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cway

United States

#872362 Mar 12, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
So...a predatory loan is something that a bank sells to an unworthy debtor so that they can have the debtor default and cause said bank to lose money. Sounds like Stupid having fun. Like you!
Duh!
Hey! The Story Man! Howya dooin?
Hey, I'm doing fine, dufus.

Let's see...

The bank keeps the down payments and gets possession of a home at a time when homes are going up in value.

Get it now, dufus?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#872363 Mar 12, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ignorant obsession with "Obamacare" is really getting tiresome Carol. Yes Carol it's a total disaster when a cancer patient on chemotherapy doesn't have to worry about their treatment being terminated because they've reached an arbitrary lifetime cap. It's a disaster when the parents of a child born with a birth defect will be able to get medical insurance and not go bankrupt because of medical bills. It's a disaster that when my son turns 21 at the end of the month we won't be hit with the expense of another policy. It's a disaster that big insurance will have to pay out 80% of the revenue they receive on actual healthcare instead of padding executive salaries. It's a real disaster that preventative care like annual checkups are included that can spot a medical condition before it gets worse and more expensive to treat.
The conditions that caused the Great Depression are very different today than they were in 1929. Stocks can no longer be bought on margin and bank deposits are insured preventing depositors from losing all of their life savings in the event of bank failures.
Your assertion that half the people in this country are on some kind of welfare is just a bald faced lie. Retirees on social security paid into the system. I've been paying into it for over 40 years since I got my first job back in high school. Do you consider disabled veterans who put their lives on the line so that you can be free to spew your stupidity on some kind of welfare? No they earned it it the most extreme way possible.
You just don't get anything Carol, you've had your head stuck in the right wing echo chamber far too long.
Why is it that the liberals any time the mention of the 47% or anything similar comes around, decide that the entire group is made up of the elderly and veterans? Why is it that they never address the obvious dead weight living off of these programs?

Is is because most are participants in these programs? One has to wonder, even in the face of their protests that they are not.

Just as an FYI ... if your trying to assert that because you worked for 40 years that you , or others, somehow deserve welfare, food stamps and the like, you only reinforce the image of the liberal loser.

The taker mentality at it's height. I'm sure your parents must be proud. Are they on welfare too?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

#872364 Mar 12, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't pay federal income taxes, then you don't have any skin in the game and have no right to determine how our money is spent.
Just take your welfare money, be thankful for it, and STFU.
I agree with you about Fed. income taxes.
Way too many people have a zero tax liability on this tax, infact
many fall into the Earned income tax credit bracket
(welfare in the tax code).....We have the Republicans to thank
for that nonsense.

Its one of the reasons I like Michele Bachmann so much, she
was one the few that made it clear that are tax code was a problem
in that regards.
That I like how she said the min. wage was way too high.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

#872365 Mar 12, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Leosn "an" a thrives on hate & venom. A perfect leftist Waffen SS Disciple.
Well Rush has always said that libs are angry and unhappy people.
Perhaps there is some truth to that.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cway

United States

#872366 Mar 12, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Not surprising if your not crying racist for some obscure reason your blaming Bush for all your "BOYS'" failures.
Was Bush's failure to heed DCI George Tenet's warning of an impending terror attack given six weeks our failure?

Was outing a covert CIA agent our failure?

Was doubling the national debt from 5.7 to 11.4 trillion our failure?

Was launching a war-by-lies in Iraq our failure?

Was the recession which according to the GAO began in December, 2007, was that our failure?

And which blossomed into 500,000 lost jobs per month by the time Bush left, was that our failure as well?

Was the failure of the GOP congressional majority from 2003-2007 and the White House to rein in bad lending practices our fault?

NO to all of the above. Face it, elephants. You fcked up and the voters know it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
abby 8-28-15 3 min boundary painter 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 29 min Fahey Flynn 100,633
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 196,945
ask amy 8-29-15 4 hr PEllen 1
News Peggy Hubbard Exposes Hypocrisy of #blacklivesm... 4 hr reality is a crutch 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 hr Red_Forman 6,403
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 hr Trey LaTrache 54,497
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages