Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1262833 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#872309 Mar 11, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
resemblance? who the hell are you to say such a thing? you victiKKKrackas are something to contend with. but its oinky ok....in 25yrs there will be no more of you ppl. like talking about it. whites will be the minority.
Mind your manners or you will get kicked off the plantation.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#872310 Mar 11, 2013
Didn't mean to sound so sarcastic, Lily.

But, yes, I'm going to live my life and keep looking for the silver linings.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#872312 Mar 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
WASHINGTON — If President Barack Obama had piled up political capital with his impressive re-election, it’s largely gone.
His approval rating has dropped to the lowest level in more than a year, with more voters now turning thumbs down on his performance than thumbs up, according to a new McClatchy-Marist poll. The measure of how much people like him also has dropped.
He’s still vastly more popular than Congress, particularly congressional Republicans. But in the biggest political clash of the year – over the federal budget and how to curb deficits – voters split 44 percent to 42 percent between preferring Congress or Obama.
At least some of the president’s fall to Earth lies in the fact that voters no longer see him in the context of an election. He has to stand alone in the eyes of voters again and doesn’t benefit from the comparison with Republican rival Mitt Romney.
“You remove the electoral context and post-election celebration, and some of the numbers are returning to the dissatisfaction people had,” said Lee Miringoff, the director of the Marist Institute for Public Opinion at Marist College in New York, which conducted the poll.
“Any glow from his re-election is starting to fade,” he said.
The national survey, conducted four months after Obama was re-elected with 51 percent of the popular vote, found 45 percent of voters approving of the way he’s handling his job and 48 percent disapproving.
the onery noise from the fright-wing party and FOX makes for a troubling mixture against the president. who can overcome such daily whacking.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#872313 Mar 11, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
does that mean he didn't blame anyone for all those white women he slept with/ what a crock, the man is morally bankrupt. no doubt it was his golf time with obama that raised his stature once again...not his dedication to hard practice, ability and talent. get it right you clown.
We don't give a rat's ass about Tiger's personal life...and Tiger is far more popular than the boy in the White House.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#872314 Mar 11, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Using the word "throne" isn't that big a deal considering a lot of liberals think he's the Second Coming.
At least I was referring to an earthly throne.
there is no earthly throne for him to sit on. its being the POTUS and thats all. you ppl. need to stop the foolery.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#872315 Mar 11, 2013
palsiwalsi wrote:
sounds good to me, the boy is in so far over his head:
WASHINGTON (AP)— Top Senate Democrats and Republicans Monday night released a catchall government funding bill that denies President Barack Obama new money for implementing signature first-term accomplishments like new regulations on Wall Street and his expansion of government health care subsidies but provides modest additional funding for domestic priorities like health research and highway projects.
the victiKKKrackas are planning a dangerous game of checkers. they will further fck this country up.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#872316 Mar 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Virtually all the profit gains for most large corporations in the last few years have come from cutting overhead rather than by growing the business.
Nobody cares what you think.
i've already suspected you as a nobody.
GET THE HELL OFF THIS PLANET!!!!!!!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#872317 Mar 11, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
failure? hes kept your old azz living beyond your appointed time. another 4yrs. won't hurt....we SURVIVED the 8yrs. of bush.
I've kept my own azz living just fine because I have worked and earned my rewarding life; you, on the other hand, think Obama bestows life upon you, fool! I, too, survived 8 years of Bush, but the failures of the incompetent Obama may just spell the end of the nation, except for lowlife bottomfeeding leeches such as you, who thrive in the filthy midst of the welfare and foodstamp grubbing Democratic ghetto.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#872318 Mar 11, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
there is no earthly throne for him to sit on. its being the POTUS and thats all. you ppl. need to stop the foolery.
Not a chance.

We will fight against Obama at every opportunity.

Saving the United States of America from destruction at the hands of Obama is worth any price.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#872319 Mar 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Mind your manners or you will get kicked off the plantation.
i now own the plantation, massa couldn't handle the inflated terms for refinancing his under water mortgage. i bought it at 3/4ths of its value. i ain't going nowhere. if you are ever in this neck of the woods, drop by for a little chit-chat.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#872320 Mar 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't give a rat's ass about Tiger's personal life...and Tiger is far more popular than the boy in the White House.
hmmmmm....never seen hundreds of thosands show up for a golf game when tiger plays. you are dead wrong....you stupid MurdaFudder.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#872322 Mar 11, 2013
lily waxman raton fl wrote:
<quoted text> I've kept my own azz living just fine because I have worked and earned my rewarding life; you, on the other hand, think Obama bestows life upon you, fool! I, too, survived 8 years of Bush, but the failures of the incompetent Obama may just spell the end of the nation, except for lowlife bottomfeeding leeches such as you, who thrive in the filthy midst of the welfare and foodstamp grubbing Democratic ghetto.
you are a simpleton and a disgruntled little on white fart. if this nation descends into nothingness, it will be your fault and all those who sit on their retirement duffs. you wrinkled up old prunes are a continous drag on our economy. fold up your tents and make your way to a grave.
where did you get this welfare, foodstamp, ghetto shyt from? i'll have you know thats not my station you've tuned into. get your assumptive dyed-in-the wool racist thoughts under control.
victiKKKrackas like you, don't deserve to be taken seriously....with that said, STFU MurdaFudder!!!!!!!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#872323 Mar 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a chance.
We will fight against Obama at every opportunity.
Saving the United States of America from destruction at the hands of Obama is worth any price.
pay up boy....hope you have enough stamina.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#872324 Mar 11, 2013
palsiwalsi wrote:
Daniel Snyder, leftist, jewish owner of the Washington "Redskins" refuses to change teams name, despite universal criticism from Native Americans and despite the fact numerous colleges and high schools were forced to change their more innocuous names.
Obama, Reid, Pelosi and virtually all liberals shrug and say tough shit.
on a national level, its not their focus on name changing. its neither liberal nor conservatives. dayummmmm, you ppl. charge forth on too many stupid issues. get a grip you grumpy old farts.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#872325 Mar 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
A very few actually get there on merit, but very few.
Think of Jesus Christ as a lifeline for those who can't save themselves from themselves - who are either in the process of drowning or in over their head...or casually swimming around with no direction and just seeking something to keep them afloat.

Think of the Coast Guard. You have to call on them too when you need to be rescued.

Sometimes people aren't even aware they're sinking.

Goodnight.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#872326 Mar 11, 2013
Sorry, John. That post was meant for new hammer.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Sam

AOL

#872327 Mar 11, 2013
Sam votes Republican

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#872329 Mar 11, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Think of Jesus Christ as a lifeline for those who can't save themselves from themselves - who are either in the process of drowning or in over their head...or casually swimming around with no direction and just seeking something to keep them afloat.
Think of the Coast Guard. You have to call on them too when you need to be rescued.
Sometimes people aren't even aware they're sinking.
Goodnight.
yes carol, you got it right. Jesus is the only lifeline that we need. try Him, you won't be disappointed. Shalom.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#872331 Mar 11, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a simpleton and a disgruntled little on white fart. if this nation descends into nothingness, it will be your fault and all those who sit on their retirement duffs. you wrinkled up old prunes are a continous drag on our economy. fold up your tents and make your way to a grave.
where did you get this welfare, foodstamp, ghetto shyt from? i'll have you know thats not my station you've tuned into. get your assumptive dyed-in-the wool racist thoughts under control.
victiKKKrackas like you, don't deserve to be taken seriously....with that said, STFU MurdaFudder!!!!!!!!!!
You have just proven yourself to be the uneducated, racist piece of trash who helped elect and then re-elect the incompetent Obama. You have no idea of my age or race, but since I'm not a lowlife like you, you just assume I am above you, which I am. Your "STFU MurdaFudder" gives you away, just as my money is given away...to lowlife bottomfeeder leeches such as you. See...I was correct all along. Now go chomp on a big piece of ripe watermelon and enjoy your next 4 years of failure.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#872332 Mar 11, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Like shooting fish in a barrel.
<quoted text>
The issue was whether the language of 9066 specifically targeted Japanese-Americans for internment.
It doesn't.
But General DeWitt's order of May 3, 1942 does. Would you like to see it again for the third time?
I don't know when Roosevelt became aware of the extent to which the military was implementing 9066.
At some point he knew, obviously. As for when, I leave that for you to research. Upon being informed, he may have approved temporarily based on the Robert's Report, which was not truthful, but convincing at the time. Or perhaps he didn't approve. I simply don't know that detail.
I do know Roosevelt rescinded 9066 in 1944.
You have been proven wrong with regard to 9066 specifically calling for Japanese-American internment. The language simply doesn't exist. The internment process began with DeWitt's May 3, 1942 order and not before..
Damn that was a good story! I wish I could hear the Three Stooges theme song that goes along with it:}

You are backpedaling like anyone would expect you to regarding the REAL story, though.

* The original disagreement was whether FDR ordered the internment and NOT whether Executive Order 9066 contained the label Japanese Americans.

* Roosevelt did NOT rescind 9066 in 1944. "Executive Order 9066 was rescinded by Gerald Ford on February 19, 1976. In 1980, Jimmy Carter signed legislation to create the Commission on Wartime Relocation and Internment of Civilians (CWRIC). The CWRIC was appointed to conduct an official governmental study of Executive Order 9066, related wartime orders, and their impact on Japanese Americans in the West and Alaska Natives in the Pribilof Islands.

In December 1982, the CWRIC issued its findings in Personal Justice Denied, concluding that the incarceration of Japanese Americans had not been justified by military necessity. The report determined that the decision to incarcerate was based on "race prejudice, war hysteria, and a failure of political leadership." The Commission recommended legislative remedies consisting of an official Government apology and redress payments of $20,000 to each of the survivors; a public education fund was set up to help ensure that this would not happen again (Public Law 100-383).

On August 10, 1988, the Civil Liberties Act of 1988, based on the CWRIC recommendations, was signed into law by Ronald Reagan. On November 21, 1989, George H. W. Bush signed an appropriation bill authorizing payments to be paid out between 1990 and 1998. In 1990, surviving internees began to receive individuals redress payments and a letter of apology. This bill only applied to the Japanese Americans."

From Wiki - Executive Order 9066: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_...

"This mass removal of persons of Japanese ancestry was ordered by the president, supported by the Justice Department, implemented by the military, and sanctioned by the Supreme Court."

From NOLO - Executive Order 9066 (Japanese Internment): http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/conten...

Do you know any good Christmas or Ghost Stories, too?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min Earthling-1 54,333
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 194,408
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr CrunchyBacon 100,274
Cincinnati campus police officer charged with m... 3 hr joey 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Whiny1 6,254
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 hr Ariel Sharon 70,141
Amy 7-29-15 10 hr mrs gladys kravitz 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages