Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1433986 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

carol

Orlando, FL

#872326 Mar 11, 2013
Sorry, John. That post was meant for new hammer.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Sam

AOL

#872327 Mar 11, 2013
Sam votes Republican

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#872329 Mar 11, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Think of Jesus Christ as a lifeline for those who can't save themselves from themselves - who are either in the process of drowning or in over their head...or casually swimming around with no direction and just seeking something to keep them afloat.
Think of the Coast Guard. You have to call on them too when you need to be rescued.
Sometimes people aren't even aware they're sinking.
Goodnight.
yes carol, you got it right. Jesus is the only lifeline that we need. try Him, you won't be disappointed. Shalom.

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#872331 Mar 11, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a simpleton and a disgruntled little on white fart. if this nation descends into nothingness, it will be your fault and all those who sit on their retirement duffs. you wrinkled up old prunes are a continous drag on our economy. fold up your tents and make your way to a grave.
where did you get this welfare, foodstamp, ghetto shyt from? i'll have you know thats not my station you've tuned into. get your assumptive dyed-in-the wool racist thoughts under control.
victiKKKrackas like you, don't deserve to be taken seriously....with that said, STFU MurdaFudder!!!!!!!!!!
You have just proven yourself to be the uneducated, racist piece of trash who helped elect and then re-elect the incompetent Obama. You have no idea of my age or race, but since I'm not a lowlife like you, you just assume I am above you, which I am. Your "STFU MurdaFudder" gives you away, just as my money is given away...to lowlife bottomfeeder leeches such as you. See...I was correct all along. Now go chomp on a big piece of ripe watermelon and enjoy your next 4 years of failure.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#872333 Mar 11, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm self employed, as a licensed massage therapist, thanks. But that's because I have more gumption (not to mention self-respect) than the average bible-thumpin', lotsa-kids-pumpin', snake-handlin', food-stamp sellin', meth cook.
(You do know that Oklahoma has the highest percentage of those in the nation, right? It's no wonder we have Fallin as Governor...)
You are the first massage therapist to rub me the wrong way.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cway

United States

#872334 Mar 11, 2013
palsiwalsi wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave is a moron.
The thousands of mortgage defaults and foreclosures in the "subprime" housing market (i.e., mortgage holders with poor credit ratings) is the direct result of thirty years of government policy that has forced banks to make bad loans to un-creditworthy borrowers. The policy in question is the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), which compels banks to make loans to low-income borrowers and in what the supporters of the Act call "communities of color" that they might not otherwise make based on purely economic criteria.
The original lobbyists for the CRA were the hardcore leftists who supported the Carter administration and were often rewarded for their support with government grants and programs like the CRA that they benefited from. These included various "neighborhood organizations," as they like to call themselves, such as "ACORN" (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now). These organizations claim that over $1 trillion in CRA loans have been made, although no one seems to know the magnitude with much certainty. A U.S. Senate Banking Committee staffer told me about ten years ago that at least $100 billion in such loans had been made in the first twenty years of the Act.
It's hard convincing your side of anything.

Like "Bush and Cheney didn't lie about WMDs", "Valerie Plame wasn't a covert CIA operative" and "Barney Frank forced banks to lend to unqualified buyers".

Did you read the Washington Post article where a Wells Fargo executive admits the bank went out of its way to bring in bad credit risks?

Several of these large banks are now under investigation for making predatory loans.

As I understand CRA regs, banks had to make loans to those in low income areas with a certain percentage of FNMA funds, but that in no way meant those borrowers could skate on loan requirements.

The biggest obstacle for your argument is that you'd have us believe at a time when Republicans controlled the federal government, they chose to sit on their hands rather than come flying to the rescue of these "opppressed" banks forced by federal law to provide ruinous loans.

Come on, that simply doesn't fly.

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#872335 Mar 11, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
There is something to be said for regularity. Perhaps that's your problem. Drink some aloe Vera juice, works wonders
Pulling your head out from your vent-hole would work better for you.

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#872337 Mar 11, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
craziness will end for all of us when we enter our eternal rest.....and its promised to us only through Jesus the Christ.
...no rest for the wicked, Dood.

You know how to shovel coal?

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#872338 Mar 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Time to go after Moochelle, the food Nazi who is starving school children.
....and the sign in the Zoo says "Don't feed the Simians"

Ironic, isn't it?

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#872339 Mar 11, 2013
Check out this compilation of party scenes at the last DNC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

And this, Progressive Liberals askeered of the 2nd Amendment:



Kids...just a bunch of overgrown kids, all of them...

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#872341 Mar 11, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard convincing your side of anything.
Like "Bush and Cheney didn't lie about WMDs", "Valerie Plame wasn't a covert CIA operative" and "Barney Frank forced banks to lend to unqualified buyers".
Did you read the Washington Post article where a Wells Fargo executive admits the bank went out of its way to bring in bad credit risks?
Several of these large banks are now under investigation for making predatory loans.
As I understand CRA regs, banks had to make loans to those in low income areas with a certain percentage of FNMA funds, but that in no way meant those borrowers could skate on loan requirements.
The biggest obstacle for your argument is that you'd have us believe at a time when Republicans controlled the federal government, they chose to sit on their hands rather than come flying to the rescue of these "opppressed" banks forced by federal law to provide ruinous loans.
Come on, that simply doesn't fly.
So...a predatory loan is something that a bank sells to an unworthy debtor so that they can have the debtor default and cause said bank to lose money. Sounds like Stupid having fun. Like you!

Duh!

Hey! The Story Man! Howya dooin?

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#872342 Mar 11, 2013
Meet the rising star of the Obama administration
March 11, 2013 13:55 IST

While the likes of senior Indian American officials in the Barack Obama [ Images ] administration -- namely Administrator of United States Agency for International Development Dr Rajiv Shah and Chief US Agricultural Negotiator in the Office of the US Trade Representative Islam ‘Isi’ Siddiqui -- enjoy a major public profile, there are others who have been flying under the radar but are rising stars nonetheless.

One such person is Zeenat Rahman, who has been a close aide to erstwhile Secretary of State Hillary Clinton [ Images ] since last June.

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/meet-the-ri...

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#872343 Mar 11, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
From your second link:
"U. S. Executive Order 9066 was a presidential order signed by Franklin D. Roosevelt on February 19, 1942 authorizing the Army to designate military areas from which any persons may be excluded. The words Japanese, or Japanese Americans never appeared but the order was directed mainly against them."
Your own source here admits the language does not mention Japanese-Americans. It says "exclude", but nothing about internment. As for the final sentence, that is strictly the interpretation of the writer.
Busted by your own evidence. BAH HAH HAH HAH
Not to mention your irrelevant rambling discourse on the remedies proscribed in the late 1980s. Has nothing to do with what language was used in FDR's 9066.
Proving once again what mindless idiots you are.
BAH HAH HAH HAH
I wrote:

"The original disagreement was whether FDR ordered the internment and NOT whether Executive Order 9066 contained the label Japanese Americans."

You wrote:

"Your own source here admits the language does not mention Japanese-Americans."

Huh?

You are stuck on Stupid like Clingons are to your butt.

I wrote:

""U. S. Executive Order 9066 was a presidential order signed by Franklin D. Roosevelt on February 19, 1942 authorizing the Army to designate military areas from which any persons may be excluded."

FDR did this after reading a report he had earlier requested and authorized regarding the potential for Japanese Americans to commit espionage.

After 9066, he issued Executive Order 9102 Establishing the War Relocation Authority to facilitate and accommodate 9066.

Let me advise you that, regardless of how many attempts you make to catch your own tail, it will remain forever out of reach, Dood.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#872344 Mar 11, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Meet the rising star of the Obama administration
March 11, 2013 13:55 IST
While the likes of senior Indian American officials in the Barack Obama [ Images ] administration -- namely Administrator of United States Agency for International Development Dr Rajiv Shah and Chief US Agricultural Negotiator in the Office of the US Trade Representative Islam ‘Isi’ Siddiqui -- enjoy a major public profile, there are others who have been flying under the radar but are rising stars nonetheless.
One such person is Zeenat Rahman, who has been a close aide to erstwhile Secretary of State Hillary Clinton [ Images ] since last June.
http://www.rediff.com/news/report/meet-the-ri...
Good bedtime reading like this helps one get to sleep promptly.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
For Real

United States

#872345 Mar 11, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The deficit is 7 trillion higher than in 2008.
No president in history - even with wars and natural disasters and depressions and recessions - has raised the deficit that high with so little results.
another clueless moron with no links to prove her assertions.

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
For Real

United States

#872346 Mar 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary Fallin already has a better resume than Obama had when elected.
Plus being younger and more attractive than the stroke-addled Hillary.
Mitt WRONGney is more attractive than obama and romney was defeated, don't count too much on looks john, they can deceive.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

#872348 Mar 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The so-called "religious right" are far from dependable voters.
They are economic liberals whose only claim to "conservatism" is being anti-abortion.
Galt thinks they stayed home in 2012 because they didn't like Romney's religion, and they won't like Santorum's Catholicism any better.
Screw the religious right. They have no place to go.
I agree with much of what you say, and some not so much.
I do for sure understand your feeling in regards to the
religious right....kinda feel the same way, or I did feel that
way.

Yes...some did stay at home on election day, because of Romney's
religion, but I do think that notion is a bit overplayed.
And I don't think that would be a issue with a Catholic.
The truth about the so called numbers of conservatives (Republicans) staying home is overstated.
Many of those Republicans are really just liberals that are
registered as republicans in order to play silly games in the
primaries.

And yes many on the religious right are not very conservative, just
Pro-Life, many promote the nanny state, out of fear that
abortion will go up if the safety net was reduced.
But I Think many have changed their minds in regards to the
nanny state, and have come to understand the dangers in it.
Not all...but many have learned this.

Your feelings about the religious right are valid in many ways.
But in many ways the religious right has been the victim
or target from the far-left that has spent years painting
them as crazy religious nuts with a hidden agenda
of wanting to impose their values on the rest of us.
In my opinion...most judgment against the religious right
is just not true....or very overstated and distorted.
I do hope Rick Santorum runs in 2016...or a least
many take notice of his wonderful working mans conservative
message.
Well...because it was a good message

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

#872349 Mar 12, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>What makes your credibility so questionable, Carol, is you scream at the top of your lungs about Obama increasing the deficit after Bush's recession, I'd say in terms of real dollars the amounts were similar(Obama vs. Reagan) where as the depths to which Bush sunk us were much greater than what Carter left Reagan.
And how did Reagan end the recession? Answer gov't spending. Oh and then he raised taxes.
The conversation WAS afterall about honesty and intregrity, leave it to both you and Galt to change the subject, I don't think either of you would recognize the truth.
You libs fail to understand that most true conservatives
do not defend the spending habits of Bush.
Bush was not alone with what he did...he had lots of help from
both parties screwing things up.
And as far as the housing bubble goes...well that was set in motion
long before Bush was in office.
Bush spent way too much....but that does make it right
for the Obama spending levels we have now.

This liberal notion that Bush screwed everything so bad, so now
we have no choice for Obama spend like a mad man...is just
plain nonsense.

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

#872350 Mar 12, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The Reagan spending produced positive results, the collapse of the Soviet Union and the Iron Curtain.
The Obama spending disappeared into the pockets of labor unions.
Unions have been getting away with way too much BS for
way to long.
Its long past time to bring the Unions and all their
BS into the light.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cway

United States

#872351 Mar 12, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I wrote:
"The original disagreement was whether FDR ordered the internment and NOT whether Executive Order 9066 contained the label Japanese Americans."
You wrote:
"Your own source here admits the language does not mention Japanese-Americans."
Huh?
You are stuck on Stupid like Clingons are to your butt.
I wrote:
""U. S. Executive Order 9066 was a presidential order signed by Franklin D. Roosevelt on February 19, 1942 authorizing the Army to designate military areas from which any persons may be excluded."
FDR did this after reading a report he had earlier requested and authorized regarding the potential for Japanese Americans to commit espionage.
After 9066, he issued Executive Order 9102 Establishing the War Relocation Authority to facilitate and accommodate 9066.
Let me advise you that, regardless of how many attempts you make to catch your own tail, it will remain forever out of reach, Dood.
Shiny,

Don't try to BS us by changing your original argument. You claimed Roosevelt was responsible for putting Japanese-Americans into internment camps via executive order 9066.

The language there does not support your case.

You have been busted with your own evidence.

And everyone sees it.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Rogue Scholar 05 225,547
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 61,525
last post wins! (Apr '13) 4 hr honeymylove 1,723
last post wins! (Dec '10) 4 hr honeymylove 2,571
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr TRD 71,067
Marine Joint Chiefs Chairman Rejects Obama Plan 7 hr HillarysDeathList 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr singer not the song 103,656

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages