Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#871532 Mar 10, 2013
carol wrote:
With the democrats, it's just a game of whoever can throw the most rotten eggs that stick wins.
Obama's side threw the most rotten eggs that stuck last year.
Debating the issues and defending them isn't part of the game.
Republicans need to learn to compete in the mud and not be intimidated by charges of racism.

They also need to stick to meaningful issues and drop the abortion stuff, which hurts them badly with many women who would otherwise vote Republican.

The folks from your church probably didn't vote anyway, because of Romney's religion. So what good are they?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#871534 Mar 10, 2013
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in fairy tales and folklore.
Right. That's why you voted for the Glam Boy Messiah.

Reality sucks so you head off to the Shores of Wishful Thinking with a kid's Beach Bucket and Little Shovel in hand....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#871535 Mar 10, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think an American president should be trying to make fools of other Americans, it points to his coarseness and his partisanship. He placates half the country and ridicules the rest, that's NOT the role a president "..of (all) the people", should play.
Thanks to the fine stealth work by Jimmy Carters grandson; the world got to see firsthand the snarky comments of Mitt Romney. The famous 47% comment sunk him.
President Obama relates to the American people and they to him.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#871536 Mar 10, 2013
As a result of the unsavory politics in urban Atlanta, northern suburban communities acted to distance themselves. Beginning in 2005, many communities began the process of incorporating into cities.

Thus far, Milton, Sandy Springs, Brookhaven, Dunwoody, Chattahoochee Hills and Johns Creek have done so.

These cities, after breaking away politically from urban Atlanta, have become so successful that a libertarian think tank, the Reason Foundation, has featured Sandy Springs as a model of effective government. The Economist has also applauded the northern Atlanta cities for solving the problem of unfunded government pension liability and avoiding the bankruptcy that looms over some urban areas. The new cities may soon be able to create their own school districts, which would free them even further from the issues besetting Atlanta.

While incorporation has been popular with residents of the new cities, not all of Atlanta is as satisfied. The Georgia Legislative Black Caucus filed a lawsuit in 2011 to dissolve the new cities, claiming they were a “super-white majority” and diluting the voting power of minorities.

A key leader in the black community and a driving force in support of the lawsuit, who wishes to remain anonymous, bemoaned the “disturbing tendency of black electorates to not elect the smartest and brightest, or even the cleverest.”

Nonetheless, he believes that there is a social contract between the northern and southern parts of the county.

“So when you allow powerful groups of citizens to opt out of a social contract, and form their own, it may benefit the group opting out, but it hurts the larger collective,” he said.

The lawsuit would have canceled incorporation and tied the cities back into the very county that they purposefully left.

State Rep. Lynne Riley, a Republican who represents one of the new cities, called the lawsuit “frivilous” and “disrespectful to the citizens of these cities who are most satisfied with their government.”

The federal trial court rejected the lawsuit, and the court of appeals affirmed the dismissal. However, an attorney for the Black Caucus plans to file an amended lawsuit.

Meanwhile, the same concerns that spurred incorporation continue to mount.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#871537 Mar 10, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans need to learn to compete in the mud and not be intimidated by charges of racism.
They also need to stick to meaningful issues and drop the abortion stuff, which hurts them badly with many women who would otherwise vote Republican.
The folks from your church probably didn't vote anyway, because of Romney's religion. So what good are they?
The only issues that motivate the rightwingers are taking away rights of others. Abortion and gay marriage, gets the haters to the polls.

Lapeer, MI

#871538 Mar 10, 2013
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Or defeating the geek for the office of President.
It's like a famous person once said: "You can fool some of the people all of the time, you can fool all of the people some of the time but you can always buy-off 47% of the people all of the time."

Lapeer, MI

#871539 Mar 10, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>My mom could beat up your honor student, cupcake.
Your mom could beat everyone in the corner bar with only one hand.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#871540 Mar 10, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Kerry hid his yacht in a different state to avoid paying taxes.
Overseas banking is not a crime.
Washington Post - Eight years ago, a far richer John Kerry and his wife paid a slightly lower tax rate and also dispersed their money globally as all sensible rich people do. However, they were lauded by many of the same folks who had a hissy fit about Mr. Romney’s finances.
Romney is the only candidate who has a Swiss bank account. He did not release those years of tax returns because that would have revealed the extent to which he avoided taxes.
Do you know how many years of tax returns John Kerry released?
I think it was 12-14. Registering yachts in other states is a common practice; and he corrected it.

Lapeer, MI

#871541 Mar 10, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel was greeted on his first visit to Afghanistan since taking office by suicide bombs, threats and Afghan President Hamid Karzai’s accusation that the U.S. is colluding with the Taliban.
As Hagel prepared to leave a U.S. military compound in Kabul on March 9, a Taliban suicide bomber blew himself up outside the Ministry of Defense, and another suicide bomb detonated in Khost province. Yesterday, Karzai said that those attacks, which together killed 19 people, aided U.S. goals. A joint Hagel-Karzai press conference at the presidential palace was canceled for what Pentagon officials said were security reasons.
U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said he told Afghan President Hamid Karzai that "it was not true that the United States was unilaterally working with the Taliban trying to negotiate anything."
While the Taliban said the attacks were aimed at sending a message to Hagel that the insurgents remain a powerful force, Karzai said in a speech yesterday that the U.S. is holding peace talks with the radical Islamists and the bombs were in the “service of America.”
Chuck Hagel and Dennis Rodman play in the same league.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#871542 Mar 10, 2013
Sounds like Charlie Crist may run for Governor of Florida as a Democrat.

Whatever happened to Kendrick Meek?

Or maybe Alan Grayson or Debbie from Kew Gardens?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#871544 Mar 10, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Martin Luther King, Jr. was a "bible thumper".
Rev. Al Sharpton is a "bible thumper".
Rev. Jesse Jackson is a "bible thumper".
Many black democrats are "bible thumpers".
Many Hispanic democrats are "bible thumpers".
Many moderate democrats are "bible thumpers".
Assuming you mean "bible thumpers" are Christians.
Who are the the predominant "bible thumpers" in the republican base? Not sure I know.
Oh really now; I thought you claimed that the only religious people are republicans?
Not all religious people spend their entire lives scheming hateful ways to take away the rights of others.
Let the above people be an example of Christianity.

Lapeer, MI

#871546 Mar 10, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks to the fine stealth work by Jimmy Carters grandson; the world got to see firsthand the snarky comments of Mitt Romney. The famous 47% comment sunk him.
The Boy Messiah relates to those he purchases and them to him.

It be bidniss.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#871547 Mar 10, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Be patient.
The left will turn on drones when they are used for warrantless searches in the War on Drugs.
That is already being done

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#871548 Mar 10, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mom could beat everyone in the corner bar with only one hand.
And one foot - she's old, so she'd need an edge.

But as I said to Galt, she's a lady. She wouldn't beat up anybody - but she could.

")

Lapeer, MI

#871549 Mar 10, 2013
John Galt wrote:
As a result of the unsavory politics in urban Atlanta, northern suburban communities acted to distance themselves. Beginning in 2005, many communities began the process of incorporating into cities.
Thus far, Milton, Sandy Springs, Brookhaven, Dunwoody, Chattahoochee Hills and Johns Creek have done so.
These cities, after breaking away politically from urban Atlanta, have become so successful that a libertarian think tank, the Reason Foundation, has featured Sandy Springs as a model of effective government. The Economist has also applauded the northern Atlanta cities for solving the problem of unfunded government pension liability and avoiding the bankruptcy that looms over some urban areas. The new cities may soon be able to create their own school districts, which would free them even further from the issues besetting Atlanta.
While incorporation has been popular with residents of the new cities, not all of Atlanta is as satisfied. The Georgia Legislative Black Caucus filed a lawsuit in 2011 to dissolve the new cities, claiming they were a “super-white majority” and diluting the voting power of minorities.
A key leader in the black community and a driving force in support of the lawsuit, who wishes to remain anonymous, bemoaned the “disturbing tendency of black electorates to not elect the smartest and brightest, or even the cleverest.”
Nonetheless, he believes that there is a social contract between the northern and southern parts of the county.
“So when you allow powerful groups of citizens to opt out of a social contract, and form their own, it may benefit the group opting out, but it hurts the larger collective,” he said.
The lawsuit would have canceled incorporation and tied the cities back into the very county that they purposefully left.
State Rep. Lynne Riley, a Republican who represents one of the new cities, called the lawsuit “frivilous” and “disrespectful to the citizens of these cities who are most satisfied with their government.”
The federal trial court rejected the lawsuit, and the court of appeals affirmed the dismissal. However, an attorney for the Black Caucus plans to file an amended lawsuit.
Meanwhile, the same concerns that spurred incorporation continue to mount.
The coward who wants to remain anonymous says "“So when you allow powerful groups of citizens to opt out of a social contract, and form their own, it may benefit the group opting out, but it hurts the larger collective,” he said."

He's right but for the wrong reasons. When America's NAACP, Trayvons and Jesse Sharptons want to create their own separate social contracts exclusively for their own ethnicity, it may benefit the group opting out, but it hurts the larger collective".

America is tired of hurting, Mr. Chicken Anonymous.
Big Bubba Blackcock

Murrieta, CA

#871550 Mar 10, 2013
Lily is a disgruntled old white woman who never got any dark meat stuffed into her cavelike Vag, racist neocon she is

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#871551 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Romney was only off by 4%.

Undeniable, Obama really does have a phylogenetic affinity for fellow morons, and you for him.
carol

Orlando, FL

#871552 Mar 10, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>And one foot - she's old, so she'd need an edge.
But as I said to Galt, she's a lady. She wouldn't beat up anybody - but she could.
")
You know, I knew another woman once who ended her posts with the word, "Next." Something about a barbeque... Lotta women find me hard to be without and seem unnaturally grateful when I'm within... boring out there isn't it, hon'?

Lapeer, MI

#871553 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh really now; I thought you claimed that the only religious people are republicans?
Not all religious people spend their entire lives scheming hateful ways to take away the rights of others.
Let the above people be an example of Christianity.
The Jesse Sharptons pursue religion for its earthly benefits of money, power and self-aggrandizement.

If they had instead been born Muslims abroad, they'd be marching and singing "We shall Overcome" in Benghazi with AK47s slung over their shoulders and plastic explosives in their underpants.

Allah Akbar.

Lapeer, MI

#871554 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
That is already being done
What.

They already hit your trailer?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min Cali Girl 2014 49,931
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 5 min boundary painter 325
Abby 9-22 8 min Kuuipo 5
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 min boundary painter 4,723
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 10 min boundary painter 1,481
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 14 min boundary painter 1,283
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 16 min boundary painter 7,785
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 178,203
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Donna WG 98,248
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago