Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,091)

Showing posts 801,801 - 801,820 of1,033,144
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

CALL OUT THE JEWS wrote:
SORRY, I'M LOSING MY TOUCH. I REALIZE THAT SHOULD'VE READ, "THERE'S A GOOD CHANCE OF SHOOTING A HOLE IN JUAN DOWN THERE." I ASCRIBE MY FAILURE TO MAKE THE MOST OF AN OPPORTUNITY TO MY REVULSION WITH THE GAME. AGAIN. SORRY...
so CPAC is in Texas this year?
CALL OUT THE JEWS

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so CPAC is in Texas this year?
I ASSUMED THEY LIVED THERE BUT YOU MAKE A VALID POINT...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Republicans downplay poll indicating public support for gun control; Democrats claim vindication

HARTFORD — State House Minority Leader Lawrence Cafero, R-Norwalk, Wednesday downplayed the importance of a Quinnipiac Poll that showed overwhelming public support for gun control measures, including an expanded ban on assault weapons and a limit on high capacity magazines.

The Republicans on a bipartisan task force working group on gun control released Tuesday did not sign off on an expansion of the assault weapons ban and limiting magazines to 10 bullets, which is something their Democratic colleagues endorsed.

Cafero asked if the poll told respondents what the current assault weapons ban includes.

“I kind of doubt it. A lot of people don’t realize that we are only one of four states that currently has one. If you don’t know what you are expanding, how do you properly answer the question?” Cafero said.

Douglas Schwartz, director of the Quinnipiac Poll, said polls can’t go into that kind of detail on the phone as it gets too long, but the question clearly referenced an expansion.

He said mentioning that one of the weapons that would be added to the list – the AR-15 Bushmaster – the firearm used by Adam Lanza to kill 20 children and 6 adults at the Sandy Hook School on Dec. 14 - would have been prejudicial.

“I stand by our question. The wording I think is an accurate gage of how people feel about it,” Schwartz said.

Democrats said the poll vindicates their positions.

State Senate President Pro Tem Don Williams, D-Brooklyn, said it shows that the public is on their side and a bill incorporating major changes should happen sooner rather later.

He called the assault weapons ban and limit on magazines “the basic building blocks of any comprehensive bill that addresses the tragedy in Newtown.

----------

For the times, they are a'changin!!

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's that darned rock and a hard place again. For some reason, the liberal left just can't seem to help themselves from getting stuck between the two.
Waterboarding - torture.
Drones and hoping the right person/s is targeted - justifiable.
Both torture and indiscriminate killing of civilians, are intolerable. For that matter, so is employing the use of digital imaging and nano-technology, against citizens of a free country. And yes, water-boarding is torture, Carol. If you don't think so, I'll be happy to prove it to you...with your permission, of course.

")
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>There is a large difference in reducing SS benefits and Restructuring it. Please try to keep up.
Restructuring in rightwingese means; eliminating. Why not restructure and eliminate the cap on earnings subject to SS deductions? That'd be a good start.
Now, gfy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Really??

So take a stab at explaining the differences.

According to Paul Ryan's budget, restructuring SS is defined as reducing benefits. DUH
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>There is a large difference in reducing SS benefits and Restructuring it. Please try to keep up.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

CALL OUT THE JEWS wrote:
<quoted text>
I ASSUMED THEY LIVED THERE BUT YOU MAKE A VALID POINT...
twice.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
No mention about the millions of elderly that will not get Meals on Wheels. Not a peep.
Most of these people can't make a meal for themselves; this is their only meal of the day.
Not a freaking peep.
Carol is planning to leave her apartment and go to Washington? HA!!
Drinks on Wheels has just taken over
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Or, the defendant has run out of money; money received from contributions to a killer. He's getting pretty big and fat, as is his wife. I hope they find him guilty before he kills someone else.
Rumor has it that he is hiding behind a warehouse off Dixie Highway in Boca Raton. Better have an extra drink at Happy Hour.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Better yet, they could create jobs for Mitt and Ann Rmoney by hiring them to do domestic chores around the WH!!

Mitt hasn't had a job, outside of running for President, for the past decade!!

The American people would love to see them do some honest work and not live off their Cayman Islands wealth!!
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you imagine the popularity bump if they came out and said "in order to keep whitehouse tours open, we are doing our own laundry"?
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Restructuring in rightwingese means; eliminating. Why not restructure and eliminate the cap on earnings subject to SS deductions? That'd be a good start.
Now, gfy.
Oh, c'mon! You first!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Her shoulders. BTW this is the third trial judge assigned to the case, the second states attorney's office and the city has just hired it's third police chief since the teen was shot and killed just one year ago. The defendant is on his third attorney and his wife has been charged with perjury. And the case is just now beginning to take shape.
The only liberal in sight is the defense attorney O'Mara.
<quoted text>
Defense attorneys quit when they know they're going to get a Not Guilty verdict?? DUH
More likely is the fact that the attorneys figured out that Zimmerman is an idiot who was a murder waiting to happen, they know he's mentally unstable and guilty.
So they quit the case to avoid embarrassment.
Either you're dumber than usual today, or you just like not making sense.
I don't think so, I do live in the area after all and know some of these people and most of the news people in the area due to my wife's 40 year plus association with professional women in journalism.

I'm not standing up for the shooter, he was a weak member of society dependent on mood drugs and just bouncing around in life.
Still there is no reliable information or evidence regarding how the incident played out beyond what comes from the shooter himself and a jury in conservative Seminole County will be unpredictable. Never the less, if excused, Zimmerman will be hounded by civil actions for years and the case will serve as a message to others who assume that a ccw permit is the same thing as a badge.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Anybody still doubt there will be H/K's flying over every city if the libtards have their way?
You do realize that there are ground based cameras everywhere.

If there is a threat from drones, its not from the government. It will from people trying to steal information, case your home for burglary, take pics, or just spy for fun.

So tell me again why the government doesn't just shoot missiles at us from helicopters or just mini-scud but will from drones?

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Francisco dAnconia wrote:
<quoted text>
nope.
The Sustainable Growth Rate Formula
Medicare physician payment is annually updated on the basis of the Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR) formula, which ties annual physician payment increases to the performance of the general economy. But every year, Congress passes the so-called “doc fix,” which overrules the SGR formula and keeps Medicare payments from falling to artificially low rates.
Under the SGR, without congressional intervention, the initial Medicare pay cut would amount to 21.3 percent.
yes, cutting waste is the slogan, where do they cut it...
this is why we had to pass it to see what was REALLY in it...
not to mention IN ADDITION, the expansion ofmore patients to medicare on the lower rate is a crusher and will lead to shortages by AMA account...
http://www.amednews.com/article/20101011/prof...
The SGR that needs adjusted has nothing to do with the ACA.

Call your Congressman & tell them.

The ACA does NOT lower Medicare payments to doctors.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Nah, you wish maybe but that's not how it will play out. He may be found not guilty because the evidence is sketchy and the witnesses suck. But he won't walk with immunity from civil action and he will get butchered in the civil arena as will the homeowners association the management company and possibly even the city.
What happened here was well beyond stupid.
George is probably a victim too, but he's still breathing.
i don't "wish" anything, just my opinion. the civil suit won't mean diddly to the folks that will riot from a not guilty verdict. if that happens, lots of innocent folks will have their private property destroyed. i remember Rodney king all too well.
World Champion

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Hey do you like things? You know things?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe if Obama would pay the total cost to his golf outings we would keep the tours open. Ten million so far since the election.
I have no problem paying for his security. The jet is a perk of the job. I have a huge problem with him telling us to tighten out belts when he isn't and using White House Tours as a political tool.
Francisco dAnconia

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The SGR that needs adjusted has nothing to do with the ACA.
Call your Congressman & tell them.
The ACA does NOT lower Medicare payments to doctors.
as long as you ignore how the rubber meats the road, i.e. reality, then you are correct...
Francisco dAnconia

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

darn...* meets the road...rubber meets the road, not make hamburger of it...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem paying for his security. The jet is a perk of the job. I have a huge problem with him telling us to tighten out belts when he isn't and using White House Tours as a political tool.
i don't get it. the tours.

?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 801,801 - 801,820 of1,033,144
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

72 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Grand Birther 167,357
Abby 4-16 9 min Mister Tonka 13
Abby 4-14 12 min PEllen 41
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 14 min RJS 7,542
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 16 min PEllen 95,943
Amy 4-16 23 min j_m_w 7
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 23 min former res 64,884
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE