Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
801,501 - 801,520 of 1,096,218 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
NuculurNutcase

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

waxywaxturd wrote:
Some quick words of gratitude to all my sockpuppets:(and I know who I am)
Thank you all so VERY much for giving me more positive judgits than the other posters are given. You all know how much that means to me! It makes me feel like I have accomplished something other than just getting myself committed to this psychiatric hospital, sitting around in my wheelchair in loaded depends all day. It is truly an act of kindness and much appreciated. Keep up the good work!
Gratefully, Not Surprized
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!! Talk about a meltdown!
Your liquor store is closed?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has already buried the gun control issue, knowing it to be a loser.
A few of the fools still pushing this turkey will pay the price.
True, but I do believe Dianne Feinstein knows she has nothing to worry about pushing the issue and knows that she will be still be re-elected again in California after her 2nd attempt on the 2nd Amendment that her & Biden are pushing for again just like they did in 1994 with the Federal Assault Weapons Ban and why the Left wants her to lead the charge on the attack of the 2nd amendment politically because in California she has nothing to fear.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The costs for the IRS to collect the money are costs that should be charged to Medicare.
Just one example of how the government cooks the books.

If we ended the Medicare tax, how much would the IRS save?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>True, but I do believe Dianne Feinstein knows she has nothing to worry about pushing the issue and knows that she will be still be re-elected again in California after her 2nd attempt on the 2nd Amendment that her & Biden are pushing for again just like they did in 1994 with the Federal Assault Weapons Ban and why the Left wants her to lead the charge on the attack of the 2nd amendment politically because in California she has nothing to fear.
Sure. Plus Feinstein was just re-elected.

Her only threat is the Grim Reaper.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

waxywaxturd wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
"Waxman" wrote quoted text: Baaawwaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Honey! I'm home! Did you see the doctor today?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>After reading that piece I had the same question. Is biological stupidity hereditary like adult diabetes, pattern baldness, yucky moles and such__or__is it simply biological s-t-u-p-i-d-i-t-y as when Carol explains abstinence.
"Fools game" and "Rove" in the same sentence is classic!
If drones with cameras can be purchased privately; the possibilities are endless; big time fine art theft, jewel theft, museum theft, consider it a cost of doing business!!
Drug theft, drug dealers being monitored not only by cops, but by thieves! They'll be able to monitor everything, when they're home, what they have and where! What a nightmare from hell.
Blackmailing of people, cheating, etc.!! Think about it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If we ended the Medicare tax, how much would the IRS save?
The IRS has no idea, and that's the problem

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Dem idiots wrote:
<quoted text>Being challenged in life is your inevitable stupid, you being a deranged moron and remaining on an "Blue Magnet" hate-filled urban preserve with your hand-out eating shit is optional idiot.
Will you please read your post aloud and then tell me again who is stupid?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder what a percentage poll would look like of people these days, that even realized, there was such a thing?
Ignorance is not only being taken advantage of by political evils but it is also slowly killing our political system.

Centralizing Education Policy within the Beltway has gone a long ways towards enhancing this deathly ignorance.

Politics is being commandeered by an unholy consortium formed between the Entertainment Industry and the White House.

Politics = Entertainment = Boy Messiah singing Al Green on Late Night = Moochelle dancing at the Oscars, giggling on the View and saving the children through diet and promoting Bloombergisms and Emanuelisms.....= Zero.

Meanwhile, as the music plays and audiences swoon and scream with delight.....Worm and Rappers love N. Korea, Drones are killing kids and spying domestically, Liberties are being curtailed, Rights being redefined downward,.....

...and the band plays on...
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>Will you please read your post aloud and then tell me again who is stupid?
We have read yours for a couple of weeks now. When it comes to stupid, you win the title, hillbilly.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
FEMA grants should not be used to fund rebuilding on sand bars like the Rockaways or below sea level in New Orleans, future disasters just waiting to happen again.
This is commonly referred to as "Chasing bad money with good", an old government SOP.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
If drones with cameras can be purchased privately; the possibilities are endless; big time fine art theft, jewel theft, museum theft, consider it a cost of doing business!!
Drug theft, drug dealers being monitored not only by cops, but by thieves! They'll be able to monitor everything, when they're home, what they have and where! What a nightmare from hell.
You mean like the PI's and paparazzi that have been around forever?

I'm pretty sure that the UAV/drones would quickly be noticed flying around inside a home or building__particularly the MQ9-Reaper.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. Plus Feinstein was just re-elected.
Her only threat is the Grim Reaper.
By the looks of her face, the Grim Reaper has already smacked her there with the Scythe.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Blackmailing? You have no objection to the term??? Wouldn't you prefer Whitemailing?????
NUT surpriZed

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

waxywaxturd wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
"Not Surprized" wrote quoted text: Baaawwaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!!!!!!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like the PI's and paparazzi that have been around forever?
I'm pretty sure that the UAV/drones would quickly be noticed flying around inside a home or building__particularly the MQ9-Reaper.
lily uses them to rip-off liquor stores.

DRONE = Drink Reconnaissance Or Non-detectable Excoriation

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

The Postal Services created a stamp with a picture of President Obama on it.
The Postal Service noticed that the stamp was not sticking to envelopes.
This enraged the President, who demanded a full investigation.
After a month of testing and $1.73 million in congressional spending, a special
Presidential commission presented the following findings:

1. The stamp is in perfect order.
2. There is nothing wrong with the glue.
3. People are spitting on the wrong side

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

http://news.yahoo.com/mont-man-kills-sportsma...

Gun Nut Shoots Gun Nut!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

What We Have Here Is a Failure to Communicate. Sort Of.

It's hard to negotiate with people who don't even bother to understand the issue you're negotiating about.

Like any number of liberals, I have from time to time complained about the difficulty of having substantive arguments about politics when your opponents refuse to acknowledge plain facts about the world. It's hard to have a discussion about what to do about climate change, for instance, if the other person refuses to believe that climate change is occurring. It's hard to discuss how to handle market failures in health insurance when the other person holds that markets are always perfect and government health insurance is always more expensive. As frustrating as those kinds of impasses are, at least you're talking about complex systems that require at least some investment of time to understand.

But there's a rather incredible dance going on right now in the dispute over the budget that takes every stereotype liberals have about know-nothing Republicans and turns it up to 11. To sum it up, Democrats are being forced to negotiate with a group of people who are either so dumb they can't figure out what the White House's negotiating position is (unlikely) or so incredibly irresponsible that they don't care enough to find out, when doing so would take them about 30 seconds (probable). It's hard to find words to describe this kind of behavior. The Republican position is that this negotiation is of vital importance to the future of the country, indeed, so important that they may be willing to shut the government down and let the full faith and credit of the United States be destroyed if they don't get what they want; but they also can't be bothered to understand what it is the other side wants. And these people hold our nation's fate in their hands.

A brief explanation: President Obama is proposing a mix of spending cuts and tax increases to bring down the deficit. Republicans want only spending cuts. But Republicans are also insisting that President Obama has not, in fact, proposed any spending cuts, and wants only tax increases. Now, you may imagine that as a tactic of negotiation or public persuasion, politicians sometimes publicly take a position slightly more extreme than the one they sincerely hold, or temporarily pretend that something doesn't exist when it does. And you'd be right. But in this case, many Republicans—even those actually involved in budget negotiations—seem to be genuinely unaware of the administration's position. It's simply mind-boggling.

http://prospect.org/article/what-we-have-here...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min loose cannon 176,808
Abby 8-22 7 min not a ghost 4
Amy 8-22 11 min Toj 6
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 min JOEL 68,851
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 14 min not a ghost 369
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 23 min Toj 97,829
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 53 min Chickenpoo 49,272

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:28AM CDT

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••