Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,072)

Showing posts 801,421 - 801,440 of1,033,779
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
As reported earlier, the sequestration has led to the cancellation of White House tours, according to a letter from the White House's visitors office obtained by Talking Points Memo, that expressed "regret" for these cancellations, "during the popular Spring touring season," explaining that "staffing reductions resulting from sequestration" forced the issue.
As Evan McMorris-Santoro noted, "Requests for White House tours are generally submitted through the requester's Member of Congress." And sure enough, there were lots of Republican members of Congress who greeted the news that they'd be unable to offer their constituents/cronies a tour of the White House with plaintive cries that were all recorded for posterity on the Twitter feed of Fox News congressional correspondent Chad Pergram.
Who knew that there were so many White House tour super-fans in the House GOP caucus?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/05/sequ...
Would Democrats have offered to provide White House tours to their "constituents/cronies " during the Bush administration if he had closed the doors because he didn't get his way and was having a little temper tantrum?
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

More of the disingenuous actions of the Obama administration:

The email, circulated around Capitol Hill, was sent Monday by Charles Brown, a director at the agency’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service office in Raleigh, N.C. He appears to tell his regional team about a response to his recent question on the amount of latitude he has in making cuts.

According to the partially redacted email, the response came from the Agriculture Department’s budget office and in part states:“However you manage that reduction, you need to make sure you are not contradicting what we said the impact would be.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/06/le...
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The sequester is a "meat cleaver approach" to budget cuts, according to the president, instead of sensible planning and leadership on his part.
Am I correct?
The sequester was a response to the Republicans refusal to raise the debt ceiling.

It is the Republicans who want to shut the government down. The sequester cuts were meant to be so unpalatable to both sides that an agreement could be reached.

All that being said; the only thing that irks you is White House tours? Who is shallow here?

The Republicans refuse to close tax loopholes for the wealthy, therefore the sequester went into effect.

As I have said many times; your party is totally fcked
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
More attempts to misinform by Carol.
If you recall during the fiscal cliff crap,that many companies were issuing dividends etc early in December instead of waiting until Jan & getting them taxed at a higher rate.
If you factor out these early releases, income would be up slightly.
Health insurance costs have risen faster than inflation every year in the past decade or more.
My God, Carol. Get a freakin grip.
I'm sure you must be referring to CNN and CNBC getting a freakin grip. It was they, not I, who published this information.

Do you prioritize "social rights" over civil liberties in lieu of a concentration of power like the Venezuelans under Chavez?
Just a minute

Mineola, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a song made for you and all the other Obama supporting mindless robots:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Are you and your little buddy a tag team or one and the same? The stupidity gauge measures you both about equal. Obviously trolling is your best subject. Nice try. You sure had me fooled!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Can anyone say 'Sour Grapes', a 'new book' Hot Damn??
It's nothing we don't already know about Boehner anyway, anyone can see he is an alcoholic, not to mention the most ineffective speaker ever.
Why do you keep him?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
Looks like O'Reilly made a damn fool of himself last night!!
Watch for Carol to repeat it.
Somebody with a big microphone needs to start getting mad. Because a lot of us without one sure are.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
No we just didn't take that fuzzy liberal math class that you seem to lean on for your ignorance.
The mere suggestion that yuu don't get it proves exactly how dumb you are.

Lets review your ignorance.

Say your budget is $100 for the year. A 2%cut means you can only spend $98.00.

But they year is half over. So of the remaining $50 you were budgeted is cut $2, that $2 represents 4% of the remaining money. So the remaining expenditures must be cut by 4%.

Now your household budget is $2000. Say your mortgage & payments such as student loans, credit cards, etc come to $1000.00, That 2% cut in your income means you need to reduce your monthly spending by $40.00.

Since banks & credit card companies demand their full money, that 2% will come from the balance of your budget which now needs to be cut by 4%.

So, now your budget must be cut by 8%.

No fuzzy math. Evidently its just math too difficult for the feeble minded right.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears that the idiots on the left watch Fox more than those on the right that they accuse. Not surprising as a disingenuous nature is their part and parcel on the left.
Sure dummy
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you must be referring to CNN and CNBC getting a freakin grip. It was they, not I, who published this information.
Do you prioritize "social rights" over civil liberties in lieu of a concentration of power like the Venezuelans under Chavez?
Lol
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The sequester was a response to the Republicans refusal to raise the debt ceiling.
It is the Republicans who want to shut the government down. The sequester cuts were meant to be so unpalatable to both sides that an agreement could be reached.
All that being said; the only thing that irks you is White House tours? Who is shallow here?
The Republicans refuse to close tax loopholes for the wealthy, therefore the sequester went into effect.
Aren't you getting tired of playing this game of having these showdowns every two or three months? The Republicans met Obama halfway in January and he wants to raise taxes again.

Tell me one thing Obama has proposed to cut in the budget.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Republicans have all but begged for tax reforms which would automatically close loopholes.

Why is it Democrats refuse to address tax reform, welfare reform, social security reform and medicare reform?

They know as well as republicans reforms have to be done for these programs to survive.

The only explanation is votes are more important.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Lol
Do you prioritize "social rights" over civil liberties like the Venezuelans in lieu of concentration of power under Chavez?

Answer the question.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Would Democrats have offered to provide White House tours to their "constituents/cronies " during the Bush administration if he had closed the doors because he didn't get his way and was having a little temper tantrum?
no. Democrats are smart enough not to make fools of themselves by whining about the POTUS breaking their promise to their constituents/cronies to get them a pass to see the hated one in the WH.

kind of odd that Republicans have a thing about WH tours. i bet if i check they've helped more folks get a pass then they ever did while Bush was in Office.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Obama: I Will Veto Attempts To Get Rid Of Automatic Spending Cuts.
http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx.shtml
Who could he turn around and blame if he didn't?

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

THE DEBIL wrote:
THAT'S REALLY IT, ISN'T IT, HONEY?
Yes.
THE DEBIL wrote:
YOU THINK YOU CREATING A SORT OF IMMORTALITY HERE IN A CHAT ROOM ON THE INTERNET, DON' YOU? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, IMPERMANENCE, DEAR, DON' MISS THE NEXT INSTALLMENT CAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW HOW LONG IT GONNA LAST. EVERYTHING COPIED AND STORED ANYWAY, YOU WAN' THE WHOLE STORY AGAIN YOU JUS' ASK.
Okay. Bring it on.

")
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody with a big microphone needs to start getting mad. Because a lot of us without one sure are.
4.26% of Republicans who voted for Mitt watch FOX.

a lot?

only 22% of us will admit to being Republican.

a lot?

so be mad.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you prioritize "social rights" over civil liberties like the Venezuelans in lieu of concentration of power under Chavez?
Answer the question.
Is religious discrimination a 'civil liberty' or a 'social right'? The religious right believes it's both...as long as their religion gets to do the discriminating...

How about owning guns?'Civil Liberty', or 'Social Right'?

And which of the two might exercising one's bodily autonomy be?

Just checking.

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Confronted With Facts, O'Reilly Screams "Bullshit"
Guest Accurately Identified Specific Cuts Obama Supports
Fox News host Bill O'Reilly broke down and screamed at his guest Alan Colmes for identifying spending cuts that President Obama has proposed, shouting at Colmes, "That's bullshit!" and repeatedly claiming Obama hasn't proposed specific cuts to replace the across-the-board cuts known as the sequester. But Colmes was correct: Obama has proposed cuts to Medicare and Medicaid as part of his plan to replace the sequester.
During the March 5 broadcast of The O'Reilly Factor, O'Reilly repeatedly claimed that Obama "refuses" to endorse specific spending cuts, shouting at Colmes, "Give me one damn program he said he'd cut!" even as Colmes highlighted Medicare and Medicaid as two programs Obama has proposed cutting: VIDEO
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/03/05/confr...
I watched that segment.

O'Reilly was not confronted with facts and by no means broke down.

Colmbes was asked if he could cite one example where Obama attempted to cut spending since he has been in office and Colmes just started the typical liberal bullshit spin - NO FACTS.

Colmes could not cite one example, because there is none.

You are simply passing on propoganda from Media Matters, who is a known attack dog spin machine, moron.

You are a liar and an idiot, but everyone here already knows that.

O'Reilly was right on, azzwipe.
Francisco dAnconia

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
1) The ACA reduces payments to hospitals, not doctors. Hospitals trades thee lower payments in exchange for 30 million new paying customers.
2) The SGR has NOTHING to do with the ACA.
wrong on both counts.
I mean, you had to feel weird about writing "The ACA reduces payments to hospitals, not doctors"...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 801,421 - 801,440 of1,033,779
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

64 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 min RACE 4,023
Amy 4-17 7 min RACE 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Linktv org 167,417
Abby 4-17 14 min RACE 4
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 16 min JOEL COOL DUDE 64,994
World War O 42 min Washington Blog 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min Brian_G 42,940
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 96,017
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance