Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#870258 Mar 7, 2013
carol wrote:
Charles Krauthammer once again makes sense. Reminding us the Democrats haven't proposed a budget since the iPad (notwithstanding Obama's two proposals which were summarily rejected by all Democrats in the Senate) and saying it would be nice if the Senate would come up with one just as Ryan and the Republicans have done so they can share some of the scrutiny which they are happy to let the Republicans take while they do absolutely nothing.
That is precisely why Senate Democrats won't come up with a budget. It might come under scrutiny and it's better to do nothing and blame republicans who are trying to do something than risk losing votes.
In other words, they are cowards.
In the Spotlight is a bad place to be when your pants are down.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#870259 Mar 7, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Democrats do cater to corporations to some extent. But I would argue not quite to the same degree. For example, during the Bush years, representatives from the pharmaceutical companies were allowed to stand in at the DEA and participate in the approval process for new drugs.
The Republicans are not committed to a free market. That's pablum for the masses. They're committed to any group that gives them enough money. In reality, Republican leadership is quite comfortable with monopolistic or oligopolistic control of the market as evidenced by GOP legislation which allowed a handful of owners to dominate cable media which before was much more diversified.
And no, minimal government oversight is not enough. There are too many areas in need of policing. The Republican approach is to remove as many regulatory "cops" as possible, which is exactly what the Wall Street wolves want.
Obamacare got passed by a sweet deal with Pharma lobbyists, a very large pharmaceutical company,

Top corporate donors to Obama's campaign in 2008:
Goldman Sachs -$1,013,091
Microsoft Corp -$852,167
Google Inc -$814,540
JPMorgan Chase & Co -$808,799
Citigroup Inc -$736,771

20 lobbyists were working in the Obama administration in 2010.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#870260 Mar 7, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop whining and trying to tell me what to do, you fckn GOP clown.
Suicide is always an option no matter how bad things get.

Just want to be helpful:>

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NJ raider 1

Washington, DC

#870261 Mar 7, 2013
palsiwalsi wrote:
<quoted text>
Took 2 little Traygone look a likes to kill this poor white kid
Bullying eyed in death of 12-year-old Pennsylvania student - Yahoo ...
news.yahoo.com/bullying-eyed-death-12-old-pen... ...
3 days ago – From Yahoo! News: PHILADELPHIA (Reuters)- Investigators are looking into what role bullying might have played in the death of a ....
Where's your outrage? When will these hate crimes be called hate crimes?
exactly what I'm talking about. you don't have to kill the bully just with his ass like to leave on Martin was doing to Zimmerman but ass is like you sympathize with the bully. no guts no glory for you cowards. pardon all the misuse of words I'm on break talking into my phone

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#870262 Mar 7, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Democrats do cater to corporations to some extent. But I would argue not quite to the same degree. For example, during the Bush years, representatives from the pharmaceutical companies were allowed to stand in at the DEA and participate in the approval process for new drugs.
The Republicans are not committed to a free market. That's pablum for the masses. They're committed to any group that gives them enough money. In reality, Republican leadership is quite comfortable with monopolistic or oligopolistic control of the market as evidenced by GOP legislation which allowed a handful of owners to dominate cable media which before was much more diversified.
And no, minimal government oversight is not enough. There are too many areas in need of policing. The Republican approach is to remove as many regulatory "cops" as possible, which is exactly what the Wall Street wolves want.
Democrats cater to the corporations like a farmer caters to his fattening cows. Until he takes them to slaughter.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#870263 Mar 7, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, wow. That is so cutting. You really put me in my place.
You don't have a 'place' because you are scatterbrained.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#870264 Mar 7, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democratic Governors Association vacuumed up $11.6 million in contributions -- mostly from corporations and unions -- during the second half of 2009. For the year, DGA raised $23.1 million, a record.

The contributors included hefty checks from nearly every top lobbying firm in Washington and from such multi-national giants as Exxon Mobil which pitched in $50,000.

...Democrats catering to corporations "to some extent" is an understatement.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#870265 Mar 7, 2013
palsiwalsi wrote:
<quoted text>
Rand Paul, are you really drunken Lily?
Never touch the stuff. I stand corrected.

Would someone tell the jackarse from Kentucky that he is no Jimmy Stewart....nor MR. SMITH either...!~!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#870266 Mar 7, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> exactly what I'm talking about. you don't have to kill the bully just with his ass like to leave on Martin was doing to Zimmerman but ass is like you sympathize with the bully. no guts no glory for you cowards. pardon all the misuse of words I'm on break talking into my phone
Maybe if you brushed your teeth, we could understand what the hell you just said.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#870267 Mar 7, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>Never touch the stuff. I stand corrected.
Would someone tell the jackarse from Kentucky that he is no Jimmy Stewart....nor MR. SMITH either...!~!
Seems that you are the only one making those charges. So why are you asking for help acting like a Jerk?

Stand tall and proud in your ignorance!

Power To The Illiterates!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#870268 Mar 7, 2013
As far as the vote to ban gay marriage in California:

ABC News - "Whites voted very narrowly against the ban, 51-49 percent. Asian-Americans voted the same. Hispanics voted for it by 53-47 percent. Blacks voted for it, overwhelmingly, 70-30. Blacks can be said to have put it over the top. Hypothetically, had no blacks voted, we compute a vote of 50-50," according to an analysis by ABC News Polling Director.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2008/11/...

This is the irony on the part of Democrats. They continually blame Republicans for not supporting gay marriage when it's mostly blacks and Hispanics - who are mostly Democrats.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#870269 Mar 7, 2013
Well ...

Appears Attorney General Eric Holder was TKO'D by Senator
"Rand Paul" .. The White House conceded and answered his question.

So, I'd say he's more like The Slugger, George Foreman.
Paul just kept on Slugging Away to obtain that TKO Victory!

“Mr. President,” the petition begins.”We the people request that you respond to Senator Rand Paul and the citizens of America on the issue of drone strikes on US soil with the potential to kill US citizens without a trial.… We request that you respect our freedoms and our rights as US citizens.”

“Mr. President, as our elected leader, you are accountable to the people and so we ask that you address this important issue”, it adds, signing off ”respectfully” under the name “A Citizen of the United States of America.”

http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/07/dramatic-ra...

Now, We The People need to sign and submit a petition to get an answer, The Truth, about the Benghazi debacle! Stop The LIES!
Would someone tell Paul Rand that he is no Jimmy Stewart?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#870270 Mar 7, 2013
<quoted text>Never touch the stuff. I stand corrected.
Liberals came up with the similarity. Almost admired him for it.

ABC News - "Mr. Smith would be proud. That’s how most Americans probably view a filibuster: Jimmy Stewart as Mr. Smith reading aloud for hours and hours in pursuit of righting some wrong."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#870271 Mar 7, 2013
Rand Paul is empty headed. Atty General Holder...TOLD HIM HELL NO!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#870273 Mar 7, 2013
YOU'RE WRONG!!!! After 13 Hours, The White House capitulated and Eric Holder wrote A Letter stating:

"It WOULD BE Un-Constitutional for Obama to use drones against Americans on American Soil" ... Go Read It!

HERE ~ WATCH ~ LISTEN:

"Eric Holder Admits Killing Americans With Drones on U.S. Soil is Unconstitutional": After much stuttering ... Uh, Uh, Uh

Published on Mar 6, 2013

3/6/13 - Eric Holder informed Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) in writing that the White House would be within its legal authority to execute an American citizen via drone on U.S. soil if that person was determined to pose a threat to national security.
On Wednesday, testifying before a Senate panel, Holder was prodded repeatedly about this assertion by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX).
Holder eventually admitted that it would not be constitutional to execute an American citizen without due process.

Do you liberals LIE or are you just UNINFORMED!? HOT-DAMN!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#870274 Mar 7, 2013
That's a nice shit-eatin' grin ya got there.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#870275 Mar 7, 2013
Sen Ted Cruz ( R-TX ) and Sen Rand Paul ( R-KY ) are now singing to Atty Gen Eric Holder:

"And I Caught You With Your Back-Field In Motion"

"Off Side & Holding ... Yeah!
You Outta Be Ashamed Of Yourself":

And just ignore all the baby, lovey-dovey lyrics!

N' Stuff ... ;) Buona Notte A'Tutti ...:)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cway

United States

#870276 Mar 7, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
So...JFK and LBJ had nothing to do with it, eh? It was all CIA Republicans? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA
Shiny, some advice.

When you're a clueless *bastard* who hasn't studied the subject, maybe you should shut your yap and try to rein in your arrogance just a little.

Kennedy inherited Vietnam from Eisenhower.

He engaged in a limited risk gamble, but eventually concluded the majority of Vietnamese did not welcome our presence.

At the time of Kennedy's death, less than two hundred servicemen had died in there. There were no regular Marine or Army combat batallions deployed. There was some combat, but nothing to what would later develop. Most of the approxiamtely 15,000 troops were support personnel.

If you read the transcipts of Joint Cheifs of Staff, Honolulu Conference of October 2, 1963, the language makes clear Kennedy wanted a pull-out of all U.S. personnel by the end of 1965.

Had he lived, there would have been no Gulf of Tonkin and no major war in Vietnam.

What launched the big war was the Gulf of Tonkin Incident. And I have already provided evidence that CIA black operations provoked it.

Now run along, little boy, and let the adults debate the issues.

PS

In 1954, when the U.S. sent its first CIA units into Vietnam, the current DCI, Allen Dulles, was a Republican.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cway

United States

#870277 Mar 7, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have a 'place' because you are scatterbrained.
Grimey street urchins like yourself lack the mental capacity to express thoughtful remarks.

You are strictly limited to BAH HAH HAH... yoo so stupid.. yoo so stupid.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#870278 Mar 8, 2013
Eric Holder – Letter to Rand Paul, 3/7/2013:

The Attorney General
Washington, D.C.
March 7, 2013Explain

The Honorable Rand Paul
United States Senate
Washington, DC 20510

Dear Senator Paul:
It has come to my attention that you have now asked an additional question: "Does the President have the authority to use a weaponized drone to kill an American not engaged in combat on American soil?" The answer to that question is NO.

Eric H. Holder, Jr.

http://rapgenius.com/Eric-holder-letter-to-ra...

Any Questions?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 min andet1987 621
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 12 min andet1987 1,473
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 24 min andet1987 1,280
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 49 min dont drink the ko... 46,696
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr HughBe 69,396
Ferguson police shoot another black unarmed man! 1 hr Daily Schadenfreude 35
Amy 9-18 2 hr edogxxx 35
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr loose cannon 178,068
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr edogxxx 98,231
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago