Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
800,781 - 800,800 of 1,084,402 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

News events for 1929

US: In 1929 the St. Valentine Day's Massacre on February 14th.
World: Total of over 200,000 die of Influenza Epidemic
US: Dow reaches peak of 381.17 on September 3rd prior to the slide and eventual Wall Street crash in October
Canada: The United States and Canada sign an agreement to protect Niagara Falls
Vatican: Vatican City gains it's independence from Italy and is created as it's own state
US: US captures Mexican General J. Gonzalo Rebels
US: Colonial Charles Lindberg leaves on a 3500 mile flight from Detroit to Cape Horn
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Hey fckers, 60 seconds, give me what you got.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa, I guess that makes you the Topix *Secret Agent Man*.
They've given you mousepad, and taken way your brain.
<quoted text>
I was insulting you, Dr. No-Brainer.
<quoted text>
The Simpsons is being made into a movie and you've been chosen to play Homer. We'll have to make allowances for the fact that he's smarter than you are.
Shiningelectr0n: DOH!
You guess wrong - often.

You don't stand tall enough to insult me. At least effectively.

Get yer wooden horse and go play Django, dood:>
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>He'll be gone in three years. Think the next one is going to revoke all the shyte he's put in place?
Puh-leeze. Politicians are all alike. No President is going to give up that much power willingly - Bush was just as bad, and the next one will be worse, regardless of which party affiliation they claim.
Next.
Bush had every single democrat on board (minus one) to go into Afghanistan. He had 111 democrats on board to go into Iraq.

This president and his cronies go behind locked doors to bribe their own party to get this president's personal agendas passed with not one single republican on board.

Pretty sure I can speak on behalf of practically every single conservative when I say if Bush wanted sole authority to target American citizens that he alone deemed suspect with drones in American cities, the biggest outcry would come from the right.

The question is where is the same outcry from the left?

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
I wonder why George Zimmerman is so popular with Republicans?
:)
They admire his talents for cleaning up neighborhoods.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
News events for 1929
US: In 1929 the St. Valentine Day's Massacre on February 14th.
World: Total of over 200,000 die of Influenza Epidemic
US: Dow reaches peak of 381.17 on September 3rd prior to the slide and eventual Wall Street crash in October
Canada: The United States and Canada sign an agreement to protect Niagara Falls
Vatican: Vatican City gains it's independence from Italy and is created as it's own state
US: US captures Mexican General J. Gonzalo Rebels
US: Colonial Charles Lindberg leaves on a 3500 mile flight from Detroit to Cape Horn
If I ever get my time machine up and running this will come in handy, thanks.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar. Obama has made it clear he supports gun ownership.
Yeah. So he went out and shot a Stop Sign to prove it.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You should watch the entire video of Krauthammer's comments. You forgot to mention that he said, "What's ridiculous here is we know (these extreme examples) aren't going to happen" and "you can create extreme examples, but since it's not going to happen, let's agree on a code we can agree on."
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/342376/k...
You've been watching too much NBC where they, too, edit out stuff they don't want you to know.
"He postulated two options where he believes it would be permissible to target Americans on U.S. soil"

oh yes. way too extreme.

thank you.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Women often use the threat of gun confiscation to extort money from estranged husbands.
Seen Star Parker's video "Never Again" aimed at blacks being denied gun protection in the south?

http://www.examiner.com/article/jim-crow-laws...

It's getting a lot of attention.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
"They" speak directly on behalf of the president and the press secretary speaks directly to the press on behalf of the president.
You sure like grabbing at straws instead of picking the most obvious one.
Admit it, dumb carol, your saying "Obama told Gibbs to lie" is a total falsehood and "picking the most obvious one" would be to repeat that you are most certainly going to hell.(Just how soon may depend on the success of ACA)
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no specific cuts anywhere outlined by this president. He speaks only in generalized rhetoric. As you know, talk is cheap.
Show us the budget.
What EXACTLY does he want to cut in these programs? How much EXACTLY does he propose to cut in dollar figures? Where EXACTLY will these cuts be made?
If you pay attention, you'll notice that every single democrat commentator uses the phrase "the president talks about" when asked about specific budget cuts. Every single time.
It's impossible for anyone to get on board with what he keeps "talking about" without anything specific to go on. Not even his own Senate Democrats.
The disturbing part is he's doing it on purpose.
it's all there. right where Kristen says it is.

try harder. no point really, but it's entertaining.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

The president's press secretary speaks directly to the press and the American people on behalf of the president.

This president didn't want Gibbs to even acknowledge the drone program even existed.

Why is that?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
"He postulated two options where he believes it would be permissible to target Americans on U.S. soil"
oh yes. way too extreme.
thank you.
He posed two highly unlikely scenarios - shooting down a plane of innocents in a 9/11 setting and killing an army of American jihadists coming in from Canada if they reached Toledo, Ohio.

American fighter planes would shoot down any plane in another 9/11 scenario and the National Guard in coordination with the FBI and CIA would prevent American jihadists from ever reaching Toledo, Ohio.

Drones flying over our heads while going about our daily lives and hoping we aren't in striking range in one of these extreme scenarios is not acceptable.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Cowards die a thousand deaths but I am alive and living well.
Obviously, Truth angers you to a point of Blood Pressure Crisis.
Surround yourself with lies and you might live longer.
Won't be much of a life, though.
You've misquoted the line, shinning,(why am I not surprised): Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.(If you knew where the quotation came from, you'd know it didn't work out so well for the speaker, but, of course, you don't and you wouldn't.)

The only way you're living well is this "so much cooler online" existence that seems to be all you have. JMO

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Technology: 1929

Germany: The German airship Graf Zeppelin completes a round the world flight
US: The first car radio is invented by Motorola
UK: The first public telephone booths appear in London
World: The growth of airplane travel continues with flights to destinations further and further apart including India, Australia, Europe, North and South America and Asia
US: Edwin Hubble continued to publish much of the foundations for understanding our galaxies and much of the theory that modern astronomy is based on (probably why the Hubble Space Telescope was named after him)
Switzerland: First chain saw Andreas Stihl a Swiss engineer begins manufacturing the first gasoline powered chain saw, which he soon begins to export around the world
US: Sunglasses Sam Foster begins selling sunglasses from his counter in Woolworths on the boardwalk in Atlanta which are a hit with the sunbathing public

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Many of the hobbyists who fly their RCA's at the site I linked yesterday are employed by Lockheed Martin in various capacities. Here it is again www.rcacf.com check out the pictures,
nice. HD GoPro i wonder?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it's all there. right where Kristen says it is.
try harder. no point really, but it's entertaining.
Can you please post this government website?

Thanks.

Because all I heard in the President's State of the Union Address was "we need to invest", new term for "spend", over and over and over again.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
He posed two highly unlikely scenarios - shooting down a plane of innocents in a 9/11 setting and killing an army of American jihadists coming in from Canada if they reached Toledo, Ohio.
American fighter planes would shoot down any plane in another 9/11 scenario and the National Guard in coordination with the FBI and CIA would prevent American jihadists from ever reaching Toledo, Ohio.
Drones flying over our heads while going about our daily lives and hoping we aren't in striking range in one of these extreme scenarios is not acceptable.
sorry, i see no reason for buying into the leap of faith drone paranoia.

but hey, if you have a leap of faith theory or two, i'm up for some more entertainment.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Admit it, dumb carol, your saying "Obama told Gibbs to lie" is a total falsehood and "picking the most obvious one" would be to repeat that you are most certainly going to hell.(Just how soon may depend on the success of ACA)
Okay, let's use some logic.

If the drone program existed and the president told Gibbs to deny it existed, what would that be called based on your understanding of a lie?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you please post this government website?
Thanks.
Because all I heard in the President's State of the Union Address was "we need to invest", new term for "spend", over and over and over again.
i already posted it. twice.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

52 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Dale 175,209
Obama, Emanuel Need to Put Chicago's Kids First 35 min ronnie 4
glitch plagued obama care website cost us ameri... 1 hr hands on AR 1
More Violence in Chicago in a Violence Filled C... 1 hr Culture Auditor 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr truth 49,025
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr voice of peace 68,069
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 2 hr TW_sugar_daddio 25
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr RACE 97,585
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE