Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
800,761 - 800,780 of 1,082,505 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
if only the headlines on the right wing sites would read like this...
Rachel Maddow On Drone Strikes:'One Of The More Orwellian Things' About 21st Century America
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/11/rach...
but it's hard for right wingers who yelled for war at any cost to back down now. and there is that drone lobby....maybe we should see who they gave money to for 2012.
At least Maddow recognizes that he/she is a potential target.

Maybe an Obama target unless he/she gets back in line.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
works for me.
Problem is, that's against US law, a Democrat law.
professor dem

East Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>At the rate they're going, George's great-grandchildren will be dead before another Republican is POTUS.
People just like you said the same thing when Jimmy Cater was president, which was followed by 5 out of 7 presidential elections where Republicans won until we got stuck with the boy who cried wolf that we now have.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
No in our society calling a black man"boy' is racist. You are just so inbred with your racism, you think its natural.
You & your racist F*ck buddies here can pretend & make up all the excuses you want. It doesn't change that you are posting racial slurs. And you know it.
So Dave by your Logic every father that Calls his son a ‘Boy ‘regardless of Race is a Racist….Right?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

AUVSI more than doubled its lobbying budget in 2011, spending $280,000 to work on the FAA bill that authorizes the expanded use of drones outside the military. As a PowerPoint presentation recently obtained by Republic Report shows, the industry group all but wrote the legislation. "Our suggestions were often taken word-for-word," it says.

No wonder. Political action committees affiliated with drone manufacturers donated a total of $2.3 million to the nearly 60 members of the bipartisan House Unmanned Systems Caucus, according to First Street Research. Most of that, 77 percent, went to Republicans.

The top recipient was Rep. Buck McKeon (R-Calif.), the caucus co-chair who also heads the House Armed Services Committee. He received $176,500 in donations from major defense contractors, including Northrop Grumman, whose Global Hawk drone is made in his district.

Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.), chairman of the House Science, Space, and Technology Subcommittee, came in second with $112,000 from drone-related PACs. His district includes the Army's Redstone Arsenal, which conducts drone research.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/28/dron...

no surprise.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
who cares? Carol is going to be a bleeding heart for Al-Awlaki's son? Oh please.
The bleeding heart is for "mistaken identities" here at home by this president who has a clear distate for any and all opposition.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem is, that's against US law, a Democrat law.
law?
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>At the rate they're going, George's great-grandchildren will be dead before another Republican is POTUS.
and thanks to Democrats, by that time America will be a third world cesspool with MexiBonics as the official language and all women wearing burkhas.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not burn fossil fuels to heat & cool my home. I buy a significant prortion of my electric from green sources.
The goal is to reduce the emissions by reducing the use of fossil fuels.
Over the past 10 years, I have cut my use of oil by half & drastically reduced my greenhouse gas emissions.
What have you done?
Well, I walk most everywhere, I recycle, I reuse, I re-purpose, and I reject organized religion.

It's a start.
")
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Bill O'Reilly:'I'm Sorry' I Said Alan Colmes Was 'Lying'; Kirsten Powers Calls Him '100 Percent Wrong'(VIDEO)

Later on in the show, O'Reilly faced off with guest Kirsten Powers over the issue. Powers echoed Colmes' argument, telling O'Reilly that Obama has proposed spending cuts. She held up a piece of paper which she said detailed $400 billion in health care cuts that the White House wanted to make. "You need to admit you are wrong," she said. "You are wrong about this and now you’re playing a game."

O'Reilly argued that Obama has not offered "specific" cuts. "This is where you and I will never agree," he said.

“Because I use facts?” Powers shot back. She said that O'Reilly was "one hundred percent wrong," and that Obama's plan for spending cuts was online for anyone to see.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/07/bill...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/02/21/bal...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever. Just remember that what goes around comes around.
i remember saying that once. when was that? 2003?

i just hate being right.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
With little debate, lobbyists slipped language into an FAA reauthorization bill earlier this year that will allow some 30,000 drones to fly over domestic airspace in coming years. While the shift may lead to a marked loss of privacy for millions of Americans, one congressman is bragging about carrying the drone industry’s water.
Congressman Rick Berg (R-ND), a first-term lawmaker now running for U.S. Senate, recorded a message for the Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVS), touting his efforts to insert language into legislation that would allow drones to share airspace and runways for domestic test flights.“It’s clear to me that expanding the use of unmanned systems hold enormous potential for our state and our country,” said Berg in his taped video for the AUVS lobby group.
As Republic Report has noted, AUVS is funded largely by military contractors that build and operate drones in Iraq and Afghanistan. The group has doubled its lobbying expenses in recent years, and managed to develop a bipartisan pro-drone caucus in Congress, of which Berg is a member and Congressman Buck McKeon (R-CA) is co-chair.
This year, Berg was slated to attend yet another drone lobby event. This one, titled “From Battlefield to Farm Field,” featured Senator Kent Conrad (D-ND), Rep. Collin Peterson (D-MN), and taped messages from Sens. Al Franken (D-MN) and Amy Klobuchar (D-MN).
In one sense, Berg’s positioning as a loyal ally of the drone industry can be seen as an effort to serve the interests of his state, which has several airfields that could be used for drone testing. However, Berg is also fundraising around the clock for his Senate race, and his legislative favors have been noticed by lobbyists with companies that make unmanned vehicles.
Lockheed Martin, maker of the RQ-170 Sentinel weaponized drone, as well as Boeing, makers of the Phantom Eye UAV surveillance drone, have contributed funds to Berg’s campaign.
North Dakota has the particular distinction of being the first state to use drones for a civillian police matter. With Berg’s help, it won’t be the last.
http://www.republicreport.org/2012/in-recorde...
Many of the hobbyists who fly their RCA's at the site I linked yesterday are employed by Lockheed Martin in various capacities. Here it is again www.rcacf.com check out the pictures,

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The bleeding heart is for "mistaken identities" here at home by this president who has a clear distate for any and all opposition.
He'll be gone in three years. Think the next one is going to revoke all the shyte he's put in place?

Puh-leeze. Politicians are all alike. No President is going to give up that much power willingly - Bush was just as bad, and the next one will be worse, regardless of which party affiliation they claim.

Next.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Krauthammer:‘Create Code of Conduct’ for Drones
On Special Report tonight, Charles Krauthammer delved into the debate surrounding drone strikes on Americans. He postulated two options where he believes it would be permissible to target Americans on U.S. soil, but proposed the creation of a “code of conduct” on the use of drones on Americans upon which the entire country could agree
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/342376/k...
the right sure is blowing up the Topix 'we hate Obama no matter what he does' meme.
You should watch the entire video of Krauthammer's comments. You forgot to mention that he said, "What's ridiculous here is we know (these extreme examples) aren't going to happen" and "you can create extreme examples, but since it's not going to happen, let's agree on a code we can agree on."

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/342376/k...

You've been watching too much NBC where they, too, edit out stuff they don't want you to know.
Dem idiots

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
law?
Spammer: The act of sonicfilter obnoxiously doing repeated cut-n-paste, a total of 28 posts with-in 2 hours, for attention or in order to disturb others, a deranged dumbass on a forum, running on empty, a moron posting inane crap or delusional spam of no relevance for only their deranged amusement. Definitely liberal.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>This is what Gibbs said, "When I went through the process of becoming press secretary," Gibbs said, "one of the things, one of the first things they told me was,‘You’re not even to acknowledge the drone program. You’re not even to discuss that it exists.'”
Notice the term THEY (not Obama) and the fact that "not discuss" "not even to acknowledge" does not mean LIE. Dumb carol just loves to bear false witness--guess we all know where she's goin'.
"They" speak directly on behalf of the president and the press secretary speaks directly to the press on behalf of the president.

You sure like grabbing at straws instead of picking the most obvious one.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
law?
Sorry, my mistake. The Church Committee hearings resulted in an Executive Order which is still in effect. However, Obama could rescind that at any time and begin assassinating foreign leaders.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Your a coward! You'd never say anything offensive about that topic in the presence of someone with common sense. You get online & reinvent yourself, but the truth is you were bullied when you were young. Id give you some respect if actually had the balls to truly express you true feelings no matter who heard, but I know for a fact you don't. You spend too much time talking dumb shyt on topic. You sympathize Zimmerman because you know in your tiny little heart you couldn't beat that young boy either. COWARD!!!
Cowards die a thousand deaths but I am alive and living well.

Obviously, Truth angers you to a point of Blood Pressure Crisis.

Surround yourself with lies and you might live longer.

Won't be much of a life, though.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Unmanned Systems Caucus

Chairmen's Message

We want to thank you for interest in this industry. This is an exciting and existing technology that will continue to grow, and improve our lives as public acceptance progresses. The Congressional Unmanned Systems Caucus’ goal is to educate members of Congress on every facet of this industry. We are this industry’s voice on Capitol Hill, and will work closely with industry to ensure we continue to expand this sector through efficient government regulation and oversight.

http://unmannedsystemscaucus.mckeon.house.gov...
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Bill O'Reilly:'I'm Sorry' I Said Alan Colmes Was 'Lying'; Kirsten Powers Calls Him '100 Percent Wrong'(VIDEO)
Later on in the show, O'Reilly faced off with guest Kirsten Powers over the issue. Powers echoed Colmes' argument, telling O'Reilly that Obama has proposed spending cuts. She held up a piece of paper which she said detailed $400 billion in health care cuts that the White House wanted to make. "You need to admit you are wrong," she said. "You are wrong about this and now you’re playing a game."
O'Reilly argued that Obama has not offered "specific" cuts. "This is where you and I will never agree," he said.
“Because I use facts?” Powers shot back. She said that O'Reilly was "one hundred percent wrong," and that Obama's plan for spending cuts was online for anyone to see.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/07/bill...
http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/02/21/bal...
There are no specific cuts anywhere outlined by this president. He speaks only in generalized rhetoric. As you know, talk is cheap.

Show us the budget.

What EXACTLY does he want to cut in these programs? How much EXACTLY does he propose to cut in dollar figures? Where EXACTLY will these cuts be made?

If you pay attention, you'll notice that every single democrat commentator uses the phrase "the president talks about" when asked about specific budget cuts. Every single time.

It's impossible for anyone to get on board with what he keeps "talking about" without anything specific to go on. Not even his own Senate Democrats.

The disturbing part is he's doing it on purpose.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info