Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
800,761 - 800,780 of 1,100,983 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#870005 Mar 7, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
"They" speak directly on behalf of the president and the press secretary speaks directly to the press on behalf of the president.
You sure like grabbing at straws instead of picking the most obvious one.
Admit it, dumb carol, your saying "Obama told Gibbs to lie" is a total falsehood and "picking the most obvious one" would be to repeat that you are most certainly going to hell.(Just how soon may depend on the success of ACA)
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#870006 Mar 7, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no specific cuts anywhere outlined by this president. He speaks only in generalized rhetoric. As you know, talk is cheap.
Show us the budget.
What EXACTLY does he want to cut in these programs? How much EXACTLY does he propose to cut in dollar figures? Where EXACTLY will these cuts be made?
If you pay attention, you'll notice that every single democrat commentator uses the phrase "the president talks about" when asked about specific budget cuts. Every single time.
It's impossible for anyone to get on board with what he keeps "talking about" without anything specific to go on. Not even his own Senate Democrats.
The disturbing part is he's doing it on purpose.
it's all there. right where Kristen says it is.

try harder. no point really, but it's entertaining.
carol

Orlando, FL

#870007 Mar 7, 2013
The president's press secretary speaks directly to the press and the American people on behalf of the president.

This president didn't want Gibbs to even acknowledge the drone program even existed.

Why is that?
carol

Orlando, FL

#870008 Mar 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
"He postulated two options where he believes it would be permissible to target Americans on U.S. soil"
oh yes. way too extreme.
thank you.
He posed two highly unlikely scenarios - shooting down a plane of innocents in a 9/11 setting and killing an army of American jihadists coming in from Canada if they reached Toledo, Ohio.

American fighter planes would shoot down any plane in another 9/11 scenario and the National Guard in coordination with the FBI and CIA would prevent American jihadists from ever reaching Toledo, Ohio.

Drones flying over our heads while going about our daily lives and hoping we aren't in striking range in one of these extreme scenarios is not acceptable.

#870009 Mar 7, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Cowards die a thousand deaths but I am alive and living well.
Obviously, Truth angers you to a point of Blood Pressure Crisis.
Surround yourself with lies and you might live longer.
Won't be much of a life, though.
You've misquoted the line, shinning,(why am I not surprised): Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.(If you knew where the quotation came from, you'd know it didn't work out so well for the speaker, but, of course, you don't and you wouldn't.)

The only way you're living well is this "so much cooler online" existence that seems to be all you have. JMO

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#870010 Mar 7, 2013
Technology: 1929

Germany: The German airship Graf Zeppelin completes a round the world flight
US: The first car radio is invented by Motorola
UK: The first public telephone booths appear in London
World: The growth of airplane travel continues with flights to destinations further and further apart including India, Australia, Europe, North and South America and Asia
US: Edwin Hubble continued to publish much of the foundations for understanding our galaxies and much of the theory that modern astronomy is based on (probably why the Hubble Space Telescope was named after him)
Switzerland: First chain saw Andreas Stihl a Swiss engineer begins manufacturing the first gasoline powered chain saw, which he soon begins to export around the world
US: Sunglasses Sam Foster begins selling sunglasses from his counter in Woolworths on the boardwalk in Atlanta which are a hit with the sunbathing public

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#870011 Mar 7, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Many of the hobbyists who fly their RCA's at the site I linked yesterday are employed by Lockheed Martin in various capacities. Here it is again www.rcacf.com check out the pictures,
nice. HD GoPro i wonder?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#870012 Mar 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it's all there. right where Kristen says it is.
try harder. no point really, but it's entertaining.
Can you please post this government website?

Thanks.

Because all I heard in the President's State of the Union Address was "we need to invest", new term for "spend", over and over and over again.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#870013 Mar 7, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
He posed two highly unlikely scenarios - shooting down a plane of innocents in a 9/11 setting and killing an army of American jihadists coming in from Canada if they reached Toledo, Ohio.
American fighter planes would shoot down any plane in another 9/11 scenario and the National Guard in coordination with the FBI and CIA would prevent American jihadists from ever reaching Toledo, Ohio.
Drones flying over our heads while going about our daily lives and hoping we aren't in striking range in one of these extreme scenarios is not acceptable.
sorry, i see no reason for buying into the leap of faith drone paranoia.

but hey, if you have a leap of faith theory or two, i'm up for some more entertainment.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#870014 Mar 7, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Admit it, dumb carol, your saying "Obama told Gibbs to lie" is a total falsehood and "picking the most obvious one" would be to repeat that you are most certainly going to hell.(Just how soon may depend on the success of ACA)
Okay, let's use some logic.

If the drone program existed and the president told Gibbs to deny it existed, what would that be called based on your understanding of a lie?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#870015 Mar 7, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
Because all I heard in the President's State of the Union Address was "we need to invest", new term for "spend", over and over and over again.
i already posted it. twice.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jummy

Newington, CT

#870016 Mar 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The release of a Justice Department white paper outlining the administration’s legal case for the targeted killing of American citizens who are in cahoots with al-Qaeda has raised protest from the left, which has leeway to criticize the president now that he has been safely reelected, and unfortunately from some on the right, who find it convenient to locate their inner civil-liberty scolds when the White House is occupied by a Democrat.
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/340148...
but if you need to call the NRO progressive i completely understand.
You understand? LOL! You? Ha!

Like I said, the hypocirisy is stunning.
BIA

Raleigh, NC

#870017 Mar 7, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
I find it very interesting that certain people didn't bellyache about the government spending money when George W. Bush was president. But now that we have made history by electing our first black president, they are howling everyday about him spending money trying to undo what Bush did.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#870018 Mar 7, 2013
O’Reilly Pounces On Robert Gibbs For Admitting He Lied On Drones, Clashes With Bob Beckel

O’Reilly then brought on Beckel, who immediately dismissed O’Reilly’s assertion that this is in any way “devastating” to the Obama administration. Beckel argued that Gibbs merely said he was told not to publicly talk about a top-secret operation. O’Reilly was surprised at how much Beckel sounded like “a right-wing guy” yelling about how the public doesn’t have a right to know, drawing a comparison to Vietnam.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/oreilly-pounces-on...

....“a right-wing guy” yelling about how the public doesn’t have a right to know...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#870019 Mar 7, 2013
Osama Bin Laden's son in law and one of chief organizers of 9/11 WTC attack has been captured in Jordan by US Intel. He was passing through on his way from Turkey to Kuwait.

In other news the final cardinal has arrived in Rome. Cardinal Jean-Baptiste Pham Minh Man arrived today from Vietnam to join with the 114 others who will soon be selecting the new Pope.
I wonder if Pham brought any nuoc mam along.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#870020 Mar 7, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
If the drone program existed and the president told Gibbs to deny it existed, what would that be called based on your understanding of a lie?
After six years of kowtowing to the White House, Congress is finally challenging President Bush’s campaign to trample all legal and constitutional restraints on his power.

Congressional committees have issued subpoenas for documents and witnesses in two major cases and have asked for the first — and likely not the last — criminal investigation of an executive branch official who might have lied to Congress.

Predictably, the White House is claiming executive privilege and refusing to cooperate with the legitimate Congressional investigations, one springing from Mr. Bush’s decision to spy on Americans without a warrant and the other from the purge of United States attorneys.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/01/opinion/01s...

whatever the last POTUS does, the next will always take it to the next level.

just don't ever forget who set the table. i sure won't.

#870021 Mar 7, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Foreign policy. If I'd supported Dumbya's murderous follies totally based on lies, I don't think I'd ever use the word lie again...'course, I'm and honest, moral person and you're not...How long do you think you can keep your fat out of the fire?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#870022 Mar 7, 2013
Jummy wrote:
<quoted text>
You understand? LOL! You? Ha!
Like I said, the hypocirisy is stunning.
that you can't see that it's occurring on both sides leads us back to why you changed your Topix name.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#870023 Mar 7, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
A low-level flunky like the press secretary should not have knowledge of any programs that must be hidden from the public.

Better to be uninformed than to be forced to lie.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#870024 Mar 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>

whatever the last POTUS does, the next will always take it to the next level.
just don't ever forget who set the table. i sure won't.
Nor will we.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 58 min the wandering girl 4,681
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,662
Ping G20 Irons Compared With Cheap G15 Irons (May '12) 2 hr lucy 2
chief keef 2 hr sd 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr voice of peace 68,393
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr JOEL 69,030
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Louis Slungpoo 46,358
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr LRS 177,461
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••