Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Dem idiots

Seminole, FL

#870229 Mar 7, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
Would someone tell Paul Rand that he is no Jimmy Stewart?
The way to escape a problem is to solve it yourself dumbass..
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#870230 Mar 7, 2013
Krauthammer supports drone program?

O'REILLY: Ok now you wrote a column and said that Charles Krauthammer supports the presidential authority to drop drones on terrorists and kill them, a very controversial issue. Briefly do you understand why a lot of conservatives are against it, they don't want to give the President that kind of authority life and death?

KRAUTHAMMER: I do understand it and I received a lot of incoming since the weekend when I published the column. I understand it. But the problem is this, under the constitution the commander-in-chief conducts wars. Lincoln did, FDR did, every president is the highest authority when it comes to deciding who lives and who dies.

Look, Lyndon Johnson picked out targets on which we dropped bombs in Vietnam. FDR and Truman decided what cities, entire cities we would wipe out. There was no review, there was no committee there was no input anyone else. In the end --

O'REILLY: But that was a declared war, though, we don't have a declared war --

KRAUTHAMMER: No, it is a declared war. What we have is the authorization for the use of force passed three days after 9/11, which as in the Gulf war and as in the Iraq war is the modern equivalent of a declaration of war. You do that and we declared who the enemy was. The people who did 9/11 and all those who harbored or abetted them and that declaration --

(CROSSTALK)

O'REILLY: Do you think that -- do you think that if Mitt Romney we're elected president, it's a hypothetical but it's in context to the discussion -- if Mitt Romney have been elected president I think he would have continued the drone program. Do you think there would have been as much conservative opposition if it were Republicans dropping the drones as opposed to Obama? Isn't this about Obama?

KRAUTHAMMER: No, I don't. I think it would be the same amount of opposition. I think it's a principled opposition. These are people who worry about the extent of the power of government. It would have been the same in Bush administration. The real hypocrisy here is the liberals. If this had been the Bush administration dropping drones onto even Americans --

O'REILLY: Oh I mean, but we've done that. You know.

KRAUTHAMMER: Al Qaeda I mean you would know that.

O'REILLY: Absolutely.

KRAUTHAMMER: No I think there are principles at stake. I respect the opposition on this issue, but I don't see any alternative to having unity of command in the conduct of the war. And the principle here even if you attack an American as we did al-Awlaki, if you take up arms against the United States, even if you are a U.S. citizen.

O'REILLY: That's treason.

KRAUTHAMMER: You forfeit the privileges of citizenship including the protections of the Constitution and the Fifth Amendment due process. And once you do that by being an enemy combatant we can drone you the way that we do an Afghan or a Saudi or a Yemeni. There is no difference.

O'REILLY: All right Charles Krauthammer everybody. Thanks as always.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreilly/2013/02...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#870231 Mar 7, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
Would someone tell Paul Rand that he is no Jimmy Stewart?
I'd rather be droned than listen to that nutjob for 13 hours. He made a fool of himself

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Dem idiots

Seminole, FL

#870232 Mar 7, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, wow. That is so cutting. You really put me in my place.
You are a very special kind of idiot aren't you, Cway?

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#870233 Mar 7, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
You would prefer that poster refer to the president, nobama, as a girl. You may have a point, he plays basketball like an unskilled girl or a klutz boy.
I will spell the word correctly, it isBULLSHIT, something you are very familiar with, you are one of the bona fide racists on this thread. Everyone who dares to disagree with you is aracist. Face up to the facts, in addition to being a racists, you are a bigoted hypocrite.
Peace
KMA
Oh please.

You actually expect anyone to believe that load of crap.

And you are just as bad - Protecting & defending the use of racial slurs.

Show me once where I called someone a racist because they just disagreed with me.

I guarantee it was because they made a racial slur.

Funny how you defend those that use of racial slurs.

What does that make you? a racist f*ck.

Is there a single right whiner postig here that does not defend the use of racial slurs?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#870234 Mar 7, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather be droned than listen to that nutjob for 13 hours. He made a fool of himself
Your liquor is talking again.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Dem idiots

Seminole, FL

#870235 Mar 7, 2013
Sonicfilter does not know where he's going, but he's on the way..

Loysville, PA

#870236 Mar 7, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
An American on American soil and you advocate drone attacks to off him? This is not the far east, this is America, why not go in an arrest the asshole, give him due process and go on from there? With president nobama's strategic skill it would after all be no problem to capture him on American soil. Remember nobama is a genius, he planned down to the smallest detail the operation that took out bin Laden, he was sure of the mission's success that he had to be dragged off a golf course for a photo op.
Peace
KMA
Al Awlaki was on US soil wen he was killed? Really?

I never said I condoned the President killing US citizens on US soil where there was not an immanent threat to others.

You right whiners are so embarrassed Obama did what your hero Bush decided not to do, kill Bin Laden, that you have to make up lies.

Pathetic pieces of sh*t that you are.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Dem idiots

Seminole, FL

#870237 Mar 7, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please.
Show me once where I called someone a racist because they just disagreed with me.
Is there a single right whiner postig here that does not defend the use of racial slurs?
A pretty face is nothing if you have an ugly heart RealDave.

Loysville, PA

#870238 Mar 7, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> But he did!
Another Al Awlaki defender.

We're talking on US soil,dumbass.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#870239 Mar 7, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Another Al Awlaki defender.
Collective moranism!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Dem idiots

Seminole, FL

#870240 Mar 7, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I condoned the President killing US citizens on US soil where there was not an immanent threat to others.
You right whiners are so embarrassed Obama did what your hero Bush decided not to do, kill Bin Laden, that you have to make up lies.
You're alone with Ed, but happy RealDave. It's OK if you disagree with Ed. He can't force you to be right.
Dem idiots

Seminole, FL

#870241 Mar 7, 2013
RealDave wrote:
Obama: My administration does not torture. We kill..

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#870242 Mar 7, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please.
"real dumb"
Check with "silly". She has, on more than one occasion noted that I had called out those on the right who made racist comments.
You should not lie so often. Of course if you did not lie and BS you would have nothing to offer.
Peace
KMA

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#870243 Mar 7, 2013
RealDave wrote:
Have they started whining about Abu Gaith being tried in NY yet? What a score President Obama!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#870245 Mar 7, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
Check with "silly". She has, on more than one occasion noted that I had called out those on the right who made racist comments.
You should not lie so often. Of course if you did not lie and BS you would have nothing to offer.
Peace
KMA
This is true

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#870246 Mar 7, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Have they started whining about Abu Gaith being tried in NY yet? What a score President Obama!!
You're drunk again. Go to bed!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#870247 Mar 7, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"real Dumb"
One more time you dance and dodge. I mentioned nothing about Al Awlaki. I have commented favorably about his demise as he was on foreign soil and fighting against American interests. if an asshole like him was doing the same I would prefer he was captured and tried but if died resisting arrest that would not be a problem. But with nobama as president and the chief strategist planning the operation down to the smallest detail I have no doubt that he would have been captured.
Peace
KMA

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#870248 Mar 7, 2013
Not even close. Maxine Waters is dumb.

flack is not dumb by any means, measure or manner.

Maxine Waters is an ILLITERATE arse who would do well to keep
"the lily binkie" stuffed in her mouth.

flack is neither illiterate nor an arse.

So stick your peg on The Donkey!
THE MAD-AM "SECRESTATION" WAH-TERS !!

Picabo "Skreet" ... Street? Didn't have the former Alpine Skier ( Racer ) in mind ... But, good for "The Street" on The Super G Olympic Gold Medal Win! Woo-Hoo-Go, PiCaBo!!

So, what were you saying?
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I peg her and Flack at about the same in "communicating."
So what else do you have in mind?
Picabo Skreet.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#870249 Mar 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
here's some honesty...
Are Republicans the New Democrats?
Who would have guessed last year that the GOP would be endorsing a litany of previously unthinkable positions? Elections have consequences, and this time, an identity crisis seems to be one of them.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/03...
seeing as how you're the poster child for identity crisis.
There won't BE a Republican party in the future. Why would anybody bother with campaigning or voting Republican when they know that the Democrats will always be the majority voters? Thanks for the immigration "reform", Mr. Obamanation.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 187,926
Ask Amy 5-6-15 2 hr Mister Tonka 4
Dear Abby 5-6-15 2 hr Mister Tonka 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr helpful explainer 99,415
News Chicago signs compare homeless to rodents 3 hr YesRodentsAll 3
Bill Clinton's Wife. 3 hr BlindHelenKeller 9
Did Keith Sus die in 2008 while riding motorcycle? (Oct '13) 3 hr Mama Mia 4
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]