Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#870019 Mar 7, 2013
Osama Bin Laden's son in law and one of chief organizers of 9/11 WTC attack has been captured in Jordan by US Intel. He was passing through on his way from Turkey to Kuwait.

In other news the final cardinal has arrived in Rome. Cardinal Jean-Baptiste Pham Minh Man arrived today from Vietnam to join with the 114 others who will soon be selecting the new Pope.
I wonder if Pham brought any nuoc mam along.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#870020 Mar 7, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, let's use some logic.
If the drone program existed and the president told Gibbs to deny it existed, what would that be called based on your understanding of a lie?
After six years of kowtowing to the White House, Congress is finally challenging President Bush’s campaign to trample all legal and constitutional restraints on his power.

Congressional committees have issued subpoenas for documents and witnesses in two major cases and have asked for the first — and likely not the last — criminal investigation of an executive branch official who might have lied to Congress.

Predictably, the White House is claiming executive privilege and refusing to cooperate with the legitimate Congressional investigations, one springing from Mr. Bush’s decision to spy on Americans without a warrant and the other from the purge of United States attorneys.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/01/opinion/01s...

whatever the last POTUS does, the next will always take it to the next level.

just don't ever forget who set the table. i sure won't.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#870021 Mar 7, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
If the drone program existed and the president told Gibbs to deny it existed, what would that be called based on your understanding of a lie?
Foreign policy. If I'd supported Dumbya's murderous follies totally based on lies, I don't think I'd ever use the word lie again...'course, I'm and honest, moral person and you're not...How long do you think you can keep your fat out of the fire?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#870022 Mar 7, 2013
Jummy wrote:
<quoted text>
You understand? LOL! You? Ha!
Like I said, the hypocirisy is stunning.
that you can't see that it's occurring on both sides leads us back to why you changed your Topix name.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#870023 Mar 7, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
A low-level flunky like the press secretary should not have knowledge of any programs that must be hidden from the public.

Better to be uninformed than to be forced to lie.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#870024 Mar 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>

whatever the last POTUS does, the next will always take it to the next level.
just don't ever forget who set the table. i sure won't.
Nor will we.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#870025 Mar 7, 2013
McCain, Graham rebuke Sen. Paul for filibuster over drones

The senator "should know better," Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., said, arguing that some of the concerns raised about drone missile attacks on Americans -- like Paul's suggestion that the U.S. could have killed Jane Fonda when she went to North Vietnam -- were "ridiculous."

"To my Republican colleagues, I don't remember any of you coming down here suggesting that President Bush was going to kill anybody with a drone," Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said in remarks on the Senate floor.

Graham displayed a sign that showed the number of Americans killed in the U.S. by Al Qaeda -- 2,958 -- versus the number killed by drones, which is zero.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/07/hi...
professor dem

Seymour, CT

#870026 Mar 7, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You've misquoted the line, shinning,(why am I not surprised): Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.(If you knew where the quotation came from, you'd know it didn't work out so well for the speaker, but, of course, you don't and you wouldn't.)
The only way you're living well is this "so much cooler online" existence that seems to be all you have. JMO
God is your writing hideous! F for you.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#870027 Mar 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor will we.
exactly.
professor dem

Seymour, CT

#870028 Mar 7, 2013
BIA wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it very interesting that certain people didn't bellyache about the government spending money when George W. Bush was president. But now that we have made history by electing our first black president, they are howling everyday about him spending money trying to undo what Bush did.
Did ya' ever thunk maybe its cause da debt wunt from 10.5-17 TRILLION under Obama moron? What's BIA stand for? Boring ingorant aszwhole?
Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#870029 Mar 7, 2013
BIA wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it very interesting that certain people didn't bellyache about the government spending money when George W. Bush was president. But now that we have made history by electing our first black president, they are howling everyday about him spending money trying to undo what Bush did.

Your reasoing is quite racist. oscumma spent more money in one term than any president in history, including two termers. Our credit is tanking. The economy is the most unstable I've ever seen in decades. Much worse than the Carter years. The current president is unwilling to compromise on spending which has caused this sequester. Rather than take cuts from all the wasteful areas in government, oscumma chooses to impact people with the intention it will hurt Republicans. The fact this scumbag is intentionally hurting American citizens is despicable. Race has absolutely nothing to do with it. Liberals, including the scumbag prez has made it very clear they are exploiting the race card for their own personal gain.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#870030 Mar 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
McCain, Graham rebuke Sen. Paul for filibuster over drones
The senator "should know better," Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., said, arguing that some of the concerns raised about drone missile attacks on Americans -- like Paul's suggestion that the U.S. could have killed Jane Fonda when she went to North Vietnam -- were "ridiculous."
"To my Republican colleagues, I don't remember any of you coming down here suggesting that President Bush was going to kill anybody with a drone," Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said in remarks on the Senate floor.
Graham displayed a sign that showed the number of Americans killed in the U.S. by Al Qaeda -- 2,958 -- versus the number killed by drones, which is zero.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/07/hi...
McCain and Graham have become stereotypes for Republican Quislings.

Both are serving their last terms in the Senate.
professor dem

Seymour, CT

#870031 Mar 7, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Foreign policy. If I'd supported Dumbya's murderous follies totally based on lies, I don't think I'd ever use the word lie again...'course, I'm and honest, moral person and you're not...How long do you think you can keep your fat out of the fire?
Pot... kettle... black...

800 innocent civilians... dead... Obama drones...

hypocrite...

F.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#870032 Mar 7, 2013
House Speaker John Boehner on Thursday applauded President Obama's outreach to Republicans, which included dinner with a group of Republican Senators Wednesday night and an upcoming visit with Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI), calling it a "hopeful sign" during a press conference Thursday.

He said he expected that sequestration and the president's upcoming trip to the Middle East would probably be discussed when Obama visits with House Republicans, likely to take place sometime next week.

Boehner said he did not feel like Obama is "going around me" by meeting with other Republicans.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/b...

nutjob world is exploding all over the place.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#870033 Mar 7, 2013
professor dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Pot... kettle... black...
800 innocent civilians... dead... Obama drones...
hypocrite...
F.
http://www.iraqbodycount.org/

hypocrite.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#870034 Mar 7, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You guess wrong - often.
You don't stand tall enough to insult me. At least effectively.
Get yer wooden horse and go play Django, dood:>
You're too stupid to understand insults, That's what allows you to come here and behave as a complete airhead!!

And you're too ignorant to know that the Model T Ford was followed by the Model A Ford.

Proof positive of your overwhelming ignorance!!

""In 1908, Ford offered an improved car that became the Model T. Then, in 1928, Ford started the alphabet again with the Model A to symbolize that the new Model A had no connection to the Model T."

So, The Model T begat the Model A.

And I'm still laughing at your stupidity!!

Or are you still stupidly insisting that Ford built no cars after 1928, the lie that Leo trapped you in last evening??

We all know you're more than dumb enough to do so!!

Give it up, Dood. You're dumber than a stump and everyone sees it but you!!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#870035 Mar 7, 2013
BIA wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about John Boehner, Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan, Pat Toomey,Eric Cantor, etc.

They not only said nothing but voted for it.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#870036 Mar 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
McCain and Graham have become stereotypes for Republican Quislings.
Both are serving their last terms in the Senate.
that's this week. next week one of them might take a shot at Obama and then he'll once again be a FOXbot hero.

you guys are really going to hate Christie in the WH.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#870037 Mar 7, 2013
Rand Paul's Filibuster Belittled By John McCain As 'Simply False'

""WASHINGTON -- One of the Senate's leading hawks, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), took to the Senate floor Thursday to fire back at Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), saying the Kentuckian's rant against extrajudicial drone killings was "simply false."

Quoting extensively from a Wall Street Journal editorial that mocked Paul, McCain also argued that Paul had belittled the growing use of drones to kill terrorism suspects by invoking the name of Jane Fonda and suggesting a drone could have killed her when she was a Vietnam War protester.

Paul took to the floor Wednesday for nearly 13 hours, hoping to pressure the White House to declare whether or not it might use a drone to strike an American citizen in the United States.

McCain, a former Vietnam prisoner of war, was not impressed.

"I watched some of that, quote, debate, unquote, yesterday," McCain said. "I saw colleagues who know better come to the floor and voice some of this same concern, which is totally unfounded.

"I must say that the use of Jane Fonda's name does evoke certain memories with me, and I must say that she is not my favorite American. But I also believe that, as odious as it was, Ms. Fonda acted within her constitutional rights, and to somehow say that someone who disagrees with American policy -- and even may demonstrate against it -- is somehow a member of an organization which makes that individual an enemy combatant is simply false," McCain said, hitting his lectern for emphasis. "It is simply false."

McCain said it was "ridiculous" and "a stretch of the imagination" to "allege or infer that the President of the United States is going to kill somebody like Jane Fonda, or somebody who disagrees with the policies."

The Wall Street Journal editorial he quoted was even more scathing, declaring, "Give Rand Paul credit for theatrical timing, as a snow storm descended on Washington. The filibuster filled the attention void on Twitter and cable TV. If only his reasoning matched the showmanship."

The editorial also complained that Paul should not be shocked that the United States might kill a citizen by drone strike within its own borders, arguing that the Obama administration is well within its rights to kill enemies of the country, wherever they may be.

Paul has vigorously opposed the growing use of drones by the administration, saying the strikes violate due process guaranteed under the Constitution and permit the president to act as judge, jury and executioner.""
----------

I really enjoy the Civil War raging within the Republiclown Party!!

Obama doesn't need to try to destroy the Republiclowns, they're doing the job all by themselves!!

I'm lovin' it!!
Freedom

Beckley, WV

#870038 Mar 7, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min wojar 180,942
Julieanne Zenz 37 min Julieanne Zenz VR... 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr DonPanic 48,590
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,796
Are you sick of Topix polls or do you vote? 2 hr joey 4
EverGreen Belgrade 2 hr servonazis 17
Ferguson Protesters Promise 28-Hour Sit-In At C... 3 hr Liberal Lover 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News