Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#869942 Mar 7, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Killing known terrorist who plotted against the US, recruited suicide bombers to attack the US certainly is a military operation.
Here is what I love about you dumbass right whiners.
I know this is a shock to you people but the government had the means to kill any US citizen on US soil before armed drones were invented.
I guess the ever moronic dumbass Rand Paul should filibuster the Senate until Obama says he will never use a rifle to kill a US citizen, then he can filibuster again & ask about a helicopter, scud missile, tank, steamroller, screw driver, baseball bat, etc etc etc
You right whiners re just dumber than sh*t.
Who made Obama God?????
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#869943 Mar 7, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Most business are waiting for he demand to improve.
The Demand that the Bush recession killed.
Pretty hard to increase consumer demand when many are jobless and the rest are getting taxed to death by Obama.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#869944 Mar 7, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Racism is so inbred into you that you just can't stop with the racial slurs.
What the f*ck is wrong with you right whiners.
Your warped mind think "boy" is racist, while others think it an apt comment on his lack of maturity and unwillingness to admit failure of his policies.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#869945 Mar 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Rand Paul's Drone Rant
Give Rand Paul credit for theatrical timing. As a snow storm descended on Washington, the Kentucky Republican's old-fashioned filibuster Wednesday filled the attention void on Twitter and cable TV. If only his reasoning matched the showmanship.
Shortly before noon, Senator Paul began a talking filibuster against John Brennan's nomination to lead the CIA. The tactic is rarely used in the Senate and was last seen in 2010. But Senator Paul said an "alarm" had to be sounded about the threat to Americans from their own government. He promised to speak "until the President says, no, he will not kill you at a café." He meant by a military drone. He's apparently serious, though his argument isn't.
Senator Paul had written the White House to inquire about the possibility of a drone strike against a U.S. citizen on American soil. Attorney General Eric Holder replied that the U.S. hasn't and "has no intention" to bomb any specific territory. Drones are limited to the remotest areas of conflict zones like Pakistan and Yemen. But as a hypothetical Constitutional matter, Mr. Holder acknowledged the President can authorize the use of lethal military force within U.S. territory.
This shocked Senator Paul, who invoked the Constitution and Miranda rights. Under current U.S. policy, Mr. Paul mused on the floor, Jane Fonda could have been legally killed by a Hellfire missile during her tour of Communist Hanoi in 1972. A group of noncombatants sitting in public view in Houston may soon be pulverized, he declared.
Calm down, Senator. Mr. Holder is right, even if he doesn't explain the law very well. The U.S. government cannot randomly target American citizens on U.S. soil or anywhere else. What it can do under the laws of war is target an "enemy combatant" anywhere at anytime, including on U.S. soil. This includes a U.S. citizen who is also an enemy combatant. The President can designate such a combatant if he belongs to an entity—a government, say, or a terrorist network like al Qaeda—that has taken up arms against the United States as part of an internationally recognized armed conflict. That does not include Hanoi Jane.
Such a conflict exists between the U.S. and al Qaeda, so Mr. Holder is right that the U.S. could have targeted (say) U.S. citizen Anwar al-Awlaki had he continued to live in Virginia. The U.S. killed him in Yemen before he could kill more Americans. But under the law Awlaki was no different than the Nazis who came ashore on Long Island in World War II, were captured and executed.
The country needs more Senators who care about liberty, but if Mr. Paul wants to be taken seriously he needs to do more than pull political stunts that fire up impressionable libertarian kids in their college dorms. He needs to know what he's talking about.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...
Here's hoping that the first Republican-controlled drone takes out Nazi collaborator George Soros, an international war criminal.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#869946 Mar 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
OMG!!!
Left-wing Code Pink group to visit Rand Paul’s office to thank him
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/07/left-wing-c...
ROTF!!
The freak is on CNN presently bashing away. He wants answers to theoretical bullsht questions on par with the jibberish Carol spouts.

What he needs to do is write a piece of legislation find a cosponsor and submit it for approval.

Low drama.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#869947 Mar 7, 2013
Don't have a clue who this guy is. Just like, in this instance, what he says.(I may know but don't remember at this time).

Tom McClintock

The concept of drone strikes against Americans on American soil, as we saw last night, is not a partisan issue. This is not a "Barack Obama" thing, this is not a "Republican vs Democrat" thing. There is no justification for it. It is a violation of every tenet of American due process. We're blurring the concepts of war and peace, and it's leading to a frightening breakdown in constitutional safeguards that protect our freedom.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#869948 Mar 7, 2013
professor dem wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you heat your house? Did you go 100% solar so you walk the talk, or are you just all talk?
Here info on one power plant in your state.
Emissions Data
2006 CO2 Emissions: 1,433,214 tons
2006 SO2 Emissions:
2006 SO2 Emissions per MWh:
2006 NOx Emissions:
2005 Mercury Emissions:
Death and disease attributable to fine particle pollution from Beaver Valley Generation Plant
In 2010, Abt Associates issued a study commissioned by the Clean Air Task Force, a nonprofit research and advocacy organization, quantifying the deaths and other health effects attributable to fine particle pollution from coal-fired power plants.[1] Fine particle pollution consists of a complex mixture of soot, heavy metals, sulfur dioxide, and nitrogen oxides. Among these particles, the most dangerous are those less than 2.5 microns in diameter, which are so tiny that they can evade the lung's natural defenses, enter the bloodstream, and be transported to vital organs. Impacts are especially severe among the elderly, children, and those with respiratory disease. The study found that over 13,000 deaths and tens of thousands of cases of chronic bronchitis, acute bronchitis, asthma, congestive heart failure, acute myocardial infarction, dysrhythmia, ischemic heart disease, chronic lung disease, and pneumonia each year are attributable to fine particle pollution from U.S. coal plant emissions. These deaths and illnesses are major examples of coal's external costs, i.e. uncompensated harms inflicted upon the public at large. Low-income and minority populations are disproportionately impacted as well, due to the tendency of companies to avoid locating power plants upwind of affluent communities. To monetize the health impact of fine particle pollution from each coal plant, Abt assigned a value of $7,300,000 to each 2010 mortality, based on a range of government and private studies. Valuations of illnesses ranged from $52 for an asthma episode to $440,000 for a case of chronic bronchitis.[2]
Table 1: Death and disease attributable to fine particle pollution from Beaver Valley Generation Plant
Type of Impact
Annual Incidence
Valuation
Deaths 6 $44,000,000
Heart attacks 10 $1,100,000
Asthma attacks 83 $4,000
Hospital admissions 4 $100,000
Chronic bronchitis 3 $1,500,000
Asthma ER visits 4 $1,000
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...
I heat & cool my home with a geothermal ground loop system. It produces no emissions at my home.

My home does use electricity. The emissions from the power utilized to run the pump & compressor on my HVAC is significantly lower than if I had continued to burn heating oil.
Again, the word is REDUCTION.

Furthermore, I pay extra to get a significant portion of my electricity from green sources.

Eventually. I will add either a wind mill or solar panels.

So yes, I walk the walk.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#869949 Mar 7, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>This is what Gibbs said, "When I went through the process of becoming press secretary," Gibbs said, "one of the things, one of the first things they told me was,‘You’re not even to acknowledge the drone program. You’re not even to discuss that it exists.'”
Notice the term THEY (not Obama) and the fact that "not discuss" "not even to acknowledge" does not mean LIE. Dumb carol just loves to bear false witness--guess we all know where she's goin'.
Just how far are you willing to push the "he didn't know" excuse? He's the leader of the free world yet, when asked, he isn't responsible for anything nor does he appear to know anything. Don't you realize how increasingly inept it makes you appear?
All things considered though, he is perfect for liberals, the valley-girl president, clueless, guiltless and self-absorbed. Was his mom a blond?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#869950 Mar 7, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
This ought to make you pee your pants
"@SenRandPaul is the MAN right now" - Van Jones
almost as good as Code Pink wanting to code pink Rand.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#869951 Mar 7, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know that about Al-Awlaki's son. Good point about the glaring hypocrisy once again.
"SANAA, Yemen (AP)– The United States has raised the tempo in its war against al-Qaeda in Yemen, killing nine of the terror group's militants in the second, high-profile airstrike in as many weeks. The dead in the late Friday night strike included the son of Anwar al-Awlaki, the prominent American-Yemeni militant killed in a Sept. 30 strike." Speaking of glaring hypocrisy, I don't remember any of you Grumpy Old Pricks doing anything but the twist and shout when Saddam Hussein's fifteen-year-old grandson and a friend were swiss-cheesed in the trumped-up invasion that had his son's bullet-riddled bodies on display for the locals to gawk at.(Some must not have gone so they'd have time to steal 200 million or so from Dumbya's geniuses.)

When's dawn?

#869952 Mar 7, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Just how far are you willing to push the "he didn't know" excuse? He's the leader of the free world yet, when asked, he isn't responsible for anything nor does he appear to know anything. Don't you realize how increasingly inept it makes you appear?
All things considered though, he is perfect for liberals, the valley-girl president, clueless, guiltless and self-absorbed. Was his mom a blond?
Show me where I said "he didn't know," you foolish old stalker or just STFU.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#869953 Mar 7, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The freak is on CNN presently bashing away. He wants answers to theoretical bullsht questions on par with the jibberish Carol spouts.
What he needs to do is write a piece of legislation find a cosponsor and submit it for approval.
Low drama.
it's low drama for sure on the right wing sites: filibuster is good, but what was he talking about?

kinda feel sorry for the Topix haters. they can't get on the right side of anything.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#869954 Mar 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's hoping that the first Republican-controlled drone takes out Nazi collaborator George Soros, an international war criminal.
George will be dead long before a Republican gets the chance.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#869955 Mar 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
almost as good as Code Pink wanting to code pink Rand.
McCain just checked in explaining that all this drone bullsht is scaring innocent Americans. It's a disservice?

Maybe code pink should visit McCain instead.

Loysville, PA

#869956 Mar 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Your warped mind think "boy" is racist, while others think it an apt comment on his lack of maturity and unwillingness to admit failure of his policies.
No in our society calling a black man"boy' is racist. You are just so inbred with your racism, you think its natural.

You & your racist F*ck buddies here can pretend & make up all the excuses you want. It doesn't change that you are posting racial slurs. And you know it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#869957 Mar 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Rand Paul is wrong about drones, but he’s right about most of his filibuster speech.
Look, I think we are at war and that means enemy combatants on US soil, regardless of their original citizenship can be targeted as soldiers in a war. Rand Paul invoking the 5th Amendment for enemy combatants is batty to me.
http://www.redstate.com/the_invisible_hand/20...
An American citizen who commits a crime on American soil should be arrested and prosecuted, not summarily executed at the whim of a "high ranking government official."

However, if you insist, Obama buddy Bill Ayers would fit the definition for drone execution.

So would Rachel Madcow.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#869958 Mar 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Rand Paul is wrong about drones, but he’s right about most of his filibuster speech.
Look, I think we are at war and that means enemy combatants on US soil, regardless of their original citizenship can be targeted as soldiers in a war. Rand Paul invoking the 5th Amendment for enemy combatants is batty to me.
http://www.redstate.com/the_invisible_hand/20...
How about taking out Iran's leader next time he comes to the UN?

Loysville, PA

#869959 Mar 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty hard to increase consumer demand when many are jobless and the rest are getting taxed to death by Obama.
Jobless thanks to your buddy Bush's recession.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#869960 Mar 7, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullsh*t.
Every time you call Obama "Boy" you are slinging slurs.
Something you evidently like to do.
Call back when Obama decides to act like a man.

When's dawn?

#869961 Mar 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
George will be dead long before a Republican gets the chance.
At the rate they're going, George's great-grandchildren will be dead before another Republican is POTUS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 min Ratloder 68,672
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 40 min Beavis 179,467
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 53 min Cali Girl 2014 50,650
Rattlesnake Logic 1 hr i need a bump to 22
food for thought 2 hr reality is a crutch 2
John Wick Brings Stylish Bloody Mayhem to Chica... 3 hr Culture Auditor 1
Amy 10-24 3 hr Sublime1 14
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance