Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1277680 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

TSM

El Paso, TX

#870099 Mar 7, 2013
Mc Cain and Graham should both be embarrass for month McCain/Graham has been demanding info on Benghazi but have been stonewall by this President/Administration!! Rand Paul doing the Right Thing for the Right Reason wanting Clarity about Drones strikes against Americans Citizens, Rand Paul within hours after ending his Filibuster the WH Responded!!
professor dem

Seymour, CT

#870100 Mar 7, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Another fourth-grade reading level troll. Lily clearly stated that there was nothing wrong with being or looking gay; being or looking like Willard Mittens--not so much.
You really need some introspection on your double standard problem. While you're at it, you might want to take a basic English and writing course. Your logic and your writing are both utterly pathetic.
professor dem

Seymour, CT

#870101 Mar 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Barack Obama's smoking habit is much worse than obesity.
Obama smokes? Oh my! What would Mayor Bloomberger say? I wonder if Obama has 16oz bottles of soda and earphones? Oh my! Such freedom no liberals should have. Let's call Mayor Bloombergowitz and get liberal.
World Champion

Brooklyn, NY

#870102 Mar 7, 2013
Lol arnald swartenegger had sex with a bulldog nose snarl face instead of old skeletor skin and bones. Her snatch must feel like sandpaper and on the other side he has gorilla monsoon.

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#870103 Mar 7, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
You're just a lonely drunk who spends his sad, lonely life on Topix with his menagerie of sockpuppets.
While you tell lies about make believe children, a wife you never had, and a life you can only imagine from the confines of your wheelchair.
Must really suck to be as big a loser as Waxturds and have to create a fantasy world to live in!!
<quoted text>
Okay, okay already. I know I am. It's lonely down here in Bumpass and I use sockpuppets like you do so nobody knows it's me since I have been humiliated so many times. As one of your fellow duplicitous Democrat brethren, cut me some slack! Are you the one who keeps stealing my judgeits?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#870104 Mar 7, 2013
Brennan confirmed as CIA director.

Replaces Petreaus whose gal pal was blabbing sensitive US government information around during her various speaking engagements. Maybe the crazy Arab gal from Tampa did the US a big favor by outing the little guy's squeeze eh?

Or was it vice-versa?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#870105 Mar 7, 2013
Still peddling your lies and stupidity, eh Nobraina??

Reality hits hard to Teabaggers like you;

'The President is tobacco-free': Obama's doctor confirms the 'Smoker-in-Chief' has quit

With the economy in tatters and his opponents baying for blood, it's a stressful time for President Obama.
But the president does have one achievement he can be proud of- he has given up smoking, and now his doctor has confirmed it.
The results of Obama's second medical examination since taking office, were released by the White House today, and the President was declared 'tobacco free'.

During the debt crisis in August this year the President was photographed in the Oval Office with what appeared to be Nicorette gum on his desk.
The latest results declare the president in 'excellent health and 'fit at 50'.
Perhaps as a result of giving up smoking the President has gained a little weight, and now weighs 181.3 lb, up from 179.9 lb last year.
His cholesterol has also come down since his last examination. When he first took office it jumped to 209. Then White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said it might have something to do with having a dedicated White House pastry chef. It's now back at 193.

----------

Like nitwits everywhere, you've been caught in yet another lie.

That's all you're capable of, lies and ignorance.

While you live off Gov't handouts.

Such a pretentious little fairy cross dresser you are!!
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Barack Obama's smoking habit is much worse than obesity.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#870106 Mar 7, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Bush said you could kill them so long as you first called them Enemy Combatants.
""Sound familiar? Happened nearly 9 years ago, I'm sure the hue and cry from the right was as loud then as it is now. Or perhaps not...
11/03/2002
Al-Harithi was traveling with Kamal Derwish (Ahmed Hijazi), a US citizen, and Derwish's killing was the first known case of the U.S. government killing a U.S. citizen during the "War on Terror".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Ali_al-Harit...
U.S. Citizen Among Those Killed In Yemen Predator Missile Strike
Additionally, Hijazi was killed in a country considered at peace with the United States.
http://tech.mit.edu/V122/N54/long4-54.54w.htm... ;
So it's ok for Bush to kill American citizens, but not Obama??
You really are stupid.
Nuculur you have a problem distinguishing the Difference between American Soil/Foreign Soil but Iím not Surprise!!
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#870107 Mar 7, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Rand Paul Slammed By WSJ Editorial Page Over Epic Filibuster On Drones
""The conservative Wall Street Journal editorial board slammed Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) Thursday for his almost 13-hour filibuster against John Brennan, the nominee for CIA director, over the fact that Attorney General Eric Holder said the U.S. government had the legal authority to kill an American citizen on U.S. soil.
"Calm down, Senator," wrote the editors. "Mr. Holder is right, even if he doesn't explain the law very well. The U.S. government cannot randomly target American citizens on U.S. soil or anywhere else. What it can do under the laws of war is target an "enemy combatant" anywhere at anytime, including on U.S. soil. This includes a U.S. citizen who is also an enemy combatant."
The Journal board is hawkish, to be sure. But Paul's move found support in unlikely conservative quarters. The Heritage Foundation, where David Addington, the architect behind many of President George W. Bush's policies in the wake of 9/11 and a former aide to Dick Cheney, is a top official, said that it supported the filibuster. Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, meanwhile, tweeted her support of Paul, while not saying exactly whether she supported the drone program.
In the end, 15 senators joined the filibuster in support of Paul, including Tea Party favorite Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.). Sens. Ron Wyden of Oregon and Dick Durbin of Illinois were the only Democrats to speak.""
----

And who does the illegal 'president' and his illegal regime plan on targeting with their UN-Constitutional thus UN-Lawful 'acts'? Let's let them speak for themselves:

http://thetruthwins.com/archives/patriots-and...

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#870108 Mar 7, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about petulant children! Boehner, McConnel and their merry band of whining babies. Y'all need to put some binkies in those mouthpieces and stfu.
The President is a mature adult man, who knows exactly what he is doing.
True, I'll sent them a pack.

Location hidden

#870109 Mar 7, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The President does not the authority to kill any US citizen he wants.
Evidently, Rand Paul thought using a drone makes a difference.
This is how GD f*cking stupid Rand Paul is.
Go back and watch his speech, then get back to us.

Location hidden

#870110 Mar 7, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Bush said you could kill them so long as you first called them Enemy Combatants.
""Sound familiar? Happened nearly 9 years ago, I'm sure the hue and cry from the right was as loud then as it is now. Or perhaps not...
11/03/2002
Al-Harithi was traveling with Kamal Derwish (Ahmed Hijazi), a US citizen, and Derwish's killing was the first known case of the U.S. government killing a U.S. citizen during the "War on Terror".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Ali_al-Harit...
U.S. Citizen Among Those Killed In Yemen Predator Missile Strike
Additionally, Hijazi was killed in a country considered at peace with the United States.
http://tech.mit.edu/V122/N54/long4-54.54w.htm... ;
So it's ok for Bush to kill American citizens, but not Obama??
You really are stupid.
Were any in the USA, no. end of game. It doesn't matter which president breaks or tries to bend the constitution, it is wrong. It is why we are failing.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#870111 Mar 7, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the Fox website. I saw the interview myself.
The government website that outlines the specifics of Obama's spending cuts that Kirsten kept waving around.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/02/21/bal...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#870112 Mar 7, 2013
Construction up

Retail sales up

Corporate profits up

Auto registrations up

Stock market up

Spring of 1929

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#870113 Mar 7, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Still peddling your lies and stupidity, eh Nobraina??
Reality hits hard to Teabaggers like you;
'The President is tobacco-free': Obama's doctor confirms the 'Smoker-in-Chief' has quit
With the economy in tatters and his opponents baying for blood, it's a stressful time for President Obama.
But the president does have one achievement he can be proud of- he has given up smoking, and now his doctor has confirmed it.
The results of Obama's second medical examination since taking office, were released by the White House today, and the President was declared 'tobacco free'.
During the debt crisis in August this year the President was photographed in the Oval Office with what appeared to be Nicorette gum on his desk.
The latest results declare the president in 'excellent health and 'fit at 50'.
Perhaps as a result of giving up smoking the President has gained a little weight, and now weighs 181.3 lb, up from 179.9 lb last year.
His cholesterol has also come down since his last examination. When he first took office it jumped to 209. Then White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said it might have something to do with having a dedicated White House pastry chef. It's now back at 193.
----------
Like nitwits everywhere, you've been caught in yet another lie.
That's all you're capable of, lies and ignorance.
While you live off Gov't handouts.
Such a pretentious little fairy cross dresser you are!!
<quoted text>
and the farmer hauled another load away
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#870114 Mar 7, 2013
carol wrote:
Okay, sonic, you were right. I went back and you did provide the government website. My bad.
The specifics of those cuts indicated on a line graph, however, were still nowhere to be found.
The sad truth is Obama is not interested in cutting spending frugally. He actually wants to spend more than he cuts while raising taxes yet again.
he said, she said, you said.

your sad truth is worth nothing. unless you're a FOX talking head who gets paid for their OPINION.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#870115 Mar 7, 2013
Last nightís epic talking filibuster by Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky, joined by senators Republican and Democrat (well, one Democrat), brought the GOP caucus, however briefly, around to a civil libertarian position scarcely imaginable for those of us who remember the George W. Bush years.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/drones...

ok, speak up....how many don't remember the Bush years?

one at a time please.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#870116 Mar 7, 2013
Rand Paul speaks as parties change places on executive power

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/07/rand-paul-s...

so everyone is a hypocrite.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#870117 Mar 7, 2013
Know what was the ultimate straw to break the camel's back, so to speak, in 1929?

A perceived overabundance of wheat. Yep! Wheat.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#870118 Mar 7, 2013
Left-wing Code Pink group to visit Rand Paulís office to thank him

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/07/left-wing-c...

ok, so everyone is a hypocrite except Code Pink.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Quirky 197,021
News Emanuel set to call for largest property tax hi... 3 hr Bama Yankee 1
TOYOTA , Warranty Fraud, Negligent Mechanic, mi... 3 hr lichtran 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr jimi-yank 54,578
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr 40ish 6,435
News Doctor disciplined for allegedly chastising Chi... (Jul '09) 7 hr thenose 162
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Ferrerman unplugg... 100,661
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages