Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
800,401 - 800,420 of 1,098,973 Comments Last updated 9 min ago
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Floridas History Prof wrote:
<quoted text>
May I remind you of Bush and the Patriot Act.
Irrelevant. Bush was wrong and Obama is carrying the insanity to new extremes.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You're even dumber than flack, Sweaty Souix? Maybe you should just reread and think about it again before posting? Hint: check with Nucular's message.
"...no Fords built after 1927..."??????
Well then who in the hell is paying for those Ford commercials I see on TV every night?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

As the biggest Bush apologist on this thread, your opinion can't be taken seriously.

Bush lied, Americans died.

The Dems went along with them, but the push from Bush Cheney was enormous, and questioned the patriotism of any who opposed it.

Quit your lying about it. You remember it.

Make no mistake. History will place the blame for the Iraq debacle squarely on Bush.

So why did Canada, Mexico, France, Russia, China, and so many other nations disagree with Bush about an invasion?? It was basically the USA and Britain, the old colonial power. And a few small nations we bought off with military aid.
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush knew exactly what the CIA and the UN knew. He knew exactly what the Democrats knew before they became weasels.
The Democrats lied to you about being lied to.
There was no illegal surveillance of the public.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Smoking is much worse than obesity and Moochelle defends smoking.
Link? Missing?(BTW, how many of you use this name? Needs a little work on consistency, IMO.)

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Theme song from Dragnet playing in the background.
Someone wake me up when Sherlock is finished.
Hell, they should've woken you up years ago!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Congress authorized the war against al Qaeda and its allies. While many details of the drone strikes remain secret, it can hardly be argued that Congress isn’t aware of the program’s existence or the administration’s -general legal justification for it; Attorney General Eric Holder spelled out much the same case for the program last March in a speech at Northwestern University. Nor is it possible for the administration to carry out the--program without congressional authorizations, either by the intelligence or the armed services committees. And as the -confirmation hearings of CIA director nominee John Brennan demonstrate, Congress has always had the ability to dig deeper if it chooses to use its oversight powers. What the critics don’t want to admit is that poll after poll indicates that the American public supports the drone program, and members of Congress, within reason, will reflect that support.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/drone_...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Model T production run 1908-1927

Model A production run 1927-1931

Model B run production 1932-1934

As usual, you're clueless.

You remain as big an idiot as ever.
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
U-h-h-h...yoo-hoo!,...Mr. Dufus!.....The Model T was the resultant popular Model AFTER the Model A, B...prototypes and short run productions.
Wiki - Ford Model T: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_T
"There were several cars produced or prototyped by Henry Ford from the founding of the company in 1903 until the Model T came along. Although he started with the Model A, there were not 19 production models (A through T); some were only prototypes."
You sure do meander a lot from undocumented opinion BS to undocumented half-truths and back to BS and more half-truths only to settle on Reagan-Bashing and ...low wages led to the economic collapse?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Stick with the puppet show. You'll never hit the big time, Dood:>
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Nor is it the case that the courts have been ignored. It is impossible to read the white paper, with its citations of court decisions and its criteria for “balancing” state and individual interests based on court decisions, and not conclude that the paper was produced in the shadow of the federal court’s newfound, post-9/11 willingness to review executive branch counterterrorism policies. Shamsi also conveniently ignores the fact that when the ACLU sued the U.S. government over placing Anwar al-Awlaki (the American citizen and radical imam who planned the failed “underwear bomber” attack over Detroit in 2009 and was subsequently killed by a drone strike) on a “kill list,” the federal court dismissed the suit. According to the court, these were policies and decisions the Constitution had left in the hands of the political branches, those “best positioned and most politically accountable for making them.” In short, those opposed to the drone program got their day in court; they just don’t like what the court decided.

None of this means that the administration’s expanded use of drones is above debate. The debate, however, should center on the policy, and not exaggerated claims about the Constitution. Drone strikes can be an appropriate tool of war, but one wonders whether they have increasingly become a substitute for a comprehensive counterterrorism policy. Given the rise of jihadist forces throughout the Middle East and parts of Africa, that’s the discussion we should be having.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/drone_...

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
We entered those dangerous waters beginning with Reagan who ran up record deficits from 1981-1989. There was nothing comparable before.
As far as I'm concerned, G.W. took us over the cliff and Obama is holding on by his fingernails.
As far as I'm concerned, Bunny Fwank took us over the cliff and the Boy Messiah is hanging on by his Hugo Chavez tactics.

YOU are hanging on by the skin of your beak, Pigeon.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Fox News Poll: Majority supports use of drones

Overall, 74 percent of voters approve of using drones to kill a suspected terrorist overseas. That includes majorities of Republicans (80 percent), independents (71 percent) and Democrats (69 percent), as well as both men (78 percent) and women (71 percent).

The level of approval drops from 74 percent to 60 percent, however, if the suspected terrorist is a U.S. citizen.

Even when it comes to drone use on U.S. soil, a 56-percent majority of voters approves of such strikes on a suspected foreign terrorist.

Voters, however, disapprove of drone attacks when they are aimed at a U.S. citizen suspected of being a terrorist on U.S. soil. In those circumstances, by a 50-45 percent margin, voters say no.

In each follow-up scenario, Republicans and men are slightly more approving than Democrats and women -- just like in the overall scenario.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/04/fo...

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Whasssssamatta' Galty, can't control you socks? Why don't you just read the book...or in the case of shinning, read a book.
I can already read you like a book.

Trash Romance mixed with cheap Soap Drama.

WalMart Hollywood.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Sonic, like shooting fish in a barrel, isn't it?
Carol, are you reading this? Try not to forget three minutes later.
The last time you shot fish in a barrel, you forgot to get out first and shot yourself. You were the Sucker at the bottom of the barrel.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

The Senate’s leading champion of filibuster reform called for renewing the effort to weaken the minority’s obstruction power, concluding that a modest rules change enacted in January has failed to discourage Republicans from grinding the chamber to a halt.

In an interview on Wednesday afternoon, Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-OR), the author of a proposal to place more of the burden of sustaining a filibuster on the minority party, including forcing filibustering senators to speak on the floor, echoed remarks by Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin (D-IL) earlier in the day about the need to revisit filibuster reform.

“Senate Republicans have demonstrated that they have absolutely no intention of ending their assault on the ability of the U.S. Senate to function,” Merkley told TPM, saying he had hoped the bipartisan agreement to preserve the 60-vote threshold but remove some obstacles to governing and ease gridlock.“Many of my colleagues are absolutely beside themselves with frustration, and that frustration is rapidly turning to fury.”

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/03/je...

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
May I remind you of Bush and the Patriot Act.
Bush-Bashing!

Boring.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"...no Fords built after 1927..."??????
Well then who in the hell is paying for those Ford commercials I see on TV every night?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Here, let me give you some helpful research on the third early sign of dementia.(Let me guess, you also couldn't follow simple directions to reread what was posted?)"Missing Sarcasm

You may or may not appreciate sarcastic senses of humor, but sarcasm is a part of our culture.“We see it as a nice way to be critical and so we use it constantly, even when we are trying to be nice,” says Rankin, who recently reported study results at the Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Neurology showing that people with both frontotemporal dementia (FTD) and Alzheimer’s disease tend to have a harder time picking up on sarcasm."

IOW, does the statement, "EVERYBODY knows that no Fords were built after 1927" seem a simple statement of fact to you? Fess up, you're just another Galty sock, right? That elevator doesn't go all the way to the top even if it might hold three cars...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Jan Brewer (R), Arizona’s combative GOP governor, stunned political observers and health care reform advocates when she became the third Republican governor to endorse Obamacare’s expansion of the public Medicaid program. That decision is great news for Arizona’s poor and uninsured, as well as for the state’s budget. But it’s been met with fierce resistance from state lawmakers in Brewer’s own party, setting up an unusual showdown between Brewer, hospitals, doctors, and reform advocates on one side, and Republican state lawmakers — who Brewer must still persuade to pass legislation accepting the Medicaid expansion — on the other.

That’s why on Wednesday morning, flanked by Arizona public health officials on the steps of the state Capitol, Brewer begged reticent GOP lawmakers — many of whom showed up in black to protest Brewer’s decision — to look past politics and understand the human and financial toll that failing to pass the expansion would instill on Arizonanas.“The human cost of this tragedy can’t be calculated,” Brewer said.“Remember, there is no Plan B.” Brewer estimated that 50,000 low-income Arizonans would lose health coverage without the expansion.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/03/06/16...

she sounds like Reagan.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
When SWAT takes out a hostage taker, where was that due process?
I get it. You want them top build a case & hold trial before they rescue the hostages.
Then, its OK when a sniper holds the gun & fires but "OMG OMG OMG" if it is done with a drone because there is no view from outside.
Do you people ever listen to see just how GD ridiculous you are?
"real dumb"
You just keep on getting dumber and dumber!!!!
A SWAT team taking out a hostage taker is far different from targeting American's who disagree with the disaster in charge.
I have to agree with your thoughts, I should be targeted I vehemently disagree with the president and the direction he is leading us. Lets us see;
- National debt will double from about 10 trillion to 20 trillion during his terms
- Millions fewer American's paying Federal Income tax
- Millions more American's on food stamps
- GDP growth not even keeping up with the rate of inflation
- Long term, 5 years and counting of 8% unemployment, in actuality 15 or 16% unemployed or under employed
Of can say this with confidence, if drones were used to drop bombs on idiots you would be at the top of the list.
Peace
KMA

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Wow! I really didn't even suspect that of Louie Gohmert...but at the risk of being sexist as well, s/he sure is ugly.
Maxine looks and sounds like a retired Circus Elephant suffering from AIDS.

She only sounds like she has dementia but that's her natural life-long state.
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

watch...trust me
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

‘Fox & Friends’: White House canceled tours so kids suffer with ‘maximum pain’

“It’s so childish,” Carlson lamented.“Most people who are going to suffer from this are the kids. These are planned school field trips from long ago. Imagine if you’re one of these kids now who gets the news. But is the intention? And I think this is what is so frustrating to so many Americans. Somebody alluded to the fact of putting your big boy pants on the other day, come on, can we just be adults about this and come together to a table and say,‘Hey, how can we do this more responsibly’?”

While they accused the White House of not being “adults” for trying to prevent Secret Service furloughs, the Fox & Friends hosts praised Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX), who has proposed an amendment to ban President Barack Obama from playing golf until tours resume.

“Look, the White House was begging for open season on what they spend money on by saying,‘Okay, we’re going to turn off the White House tours,’” Doocy insisted.“Personally, I think Louie Gohmert’s bill is hilarious.”

According to the Child Welfare League of America (CWLA), children around the country will be hit hard by the automatic sequestration cuts that Congress agreed to as a part of a 2011 deal to raise the debt ceiling.

The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) welfare program, foster care payments and block grants to assist low-income families with child care will all face millions in cuts.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/06/fox-fri...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago