Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,018)

Showing posts 800,341 - 800,360 of1,071,762
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't "wish" anything, just my opinion. the civil suit won't mean diddly to the folks that will riot from a not guilty verdict. if that happens, lots of innocent folks will have their private property destroyed. i remember Rodney king all too well.
Nonsense. It won't be anything like that.

Your racial stereotypes are showing.

Mr. "I know lots of Mexicans"!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA
A JEW IN THE HAND

Bucharest, Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

THE GOOD NEWS FOR TODAY wrote:
"When is the tribulation is one of the most controversial issues in the chur of the mid-tribulational position.entieth “seven”(seven years) that is still yet to come. Daniel’s entire prophecy of the seventy sevens (Daniel 9:20-27) is speaking of the nation of Israel. It is a time period in whn why the church would need to be on the earth during that time.
The primary Scripture passage on the rapture is 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18. It states that all living believers, along with all believers who have died, will meet the Lord Jesus ans 5:9, Paul says,“For God did not appointo deliver Christians from wrath shortly after promising to remove His people from the earth seems to link those two events together.
Another crucial passage on the timing of the rapture is Revelation 3:10, in which Christ promises to deliver believers from the “hour of trial” that is going to come upon the earth. This could mean two things. Eito recognize what believers are promised to be kept from. It is not just the trial, but the “hour” of trial. Christ is promising to keep believers from the very time period that contains the trials, namely the tribulation. The purpose of the tribulation, the purpose of the rapture, the mean pre-tribulational position is the most biblically-based interpretation.
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/rapture-tribulati...
PSSST... CRACKER, YOU WANNA BUY A SANDWICH BOARD, CHEAP?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't get it. the tours.
?
yes, the tours. What happens if you call you congressman to schedule a tour? Obama gets to blame the republicans when you get rejected.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Costco CEO: Raise The Minimum Wage To More Than $10 Per Hour

"President Barack Obama wants to raise the federal minimum wage to $9 per hour. And the CEO of one of America's largest retailers says such a move would be good for workers and businesses alike. In fact, he says raise it even more.

On Tuesday, Costco CEO and President Craig Jelinek came out in support of the Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2013, which aims to raise the federal minimum wage to $10.10 per hour, then adjust it after that for inflation.

"At Costco, we know that paying employees good wages makes good sense for business," Jelinek said in a statement. "We pay a starting hourly wage of $11.50 in all states where we do business, and we are still able to keep our overhead costs low."

"An important reason for the success of Costco’s business model is the attraction and retention of great employees," Jelinek added. "Instead of minimizing wages, we know it's a lot more profitable in the long term to minimize employee turnover and maximize employee productivity, commitment and loyalty. We support efforts to increase the federal minimum wage."

Costco has a reputation for paying its employees above market rate, with the typical worker earning around $45,000 in 2011, according to Fortune. Walmart-owned Sam's Club, in contrast, pays its sales associates an average of $17,486 per year, according to salary information website Glassdoor.com .

Costco also provides health insurance to a significantly larger percentage of its workers than does Walmart, the Harvard Business Review reported in 2006.

Jelinek's predecessor, Costco founder Jim Sinegal, has also expressed support for raising the federal minimum wage in the past. "The more people make, the better lives they're going to have and the better consumers they're going to be," Sinegal told the Washington Post in 2007. "It's going to provide better jobs and better wages.""

----------

Gee, there's a real businessman saying you nitwits are dead wrong.

No surprise there!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

A JEW IN THE HAND wrote:
<quoted text>
.... TWICE.
nice.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Your whole schtick is making foolish comments based on others posts, and you ask me why I like to remind Flake how completely wrong he's been for several years concerning the economy?? Very recently, he was predicting a big setback for the economy. Now we're hitting all time highs and you nitwits are going to hear about it!!
It's not looking for a fight, because Flake never responds to his dumb calls. Homer catches him all the time.
I'm not allowed to crow a bit when you nitwits are all proven wrong about the strength of the economy, inspite of your sides attempts to stall it? In your freakin' dreams!!
Ya got a lot of gall, being a smartass yourself.
The current state of the stock market is an illusion. It's a bubble, just like housing, student loans, etc., and it will burst as soon as the Fed quits propping it up.

Crow on, but remember, there won't be any sauce when you are required to eat it.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Normal Americans have forgotten about the Romneys and really don't care where they keep their money.
No, not at all, maybe dummies like you dismiss stuff like that but Gary Morse, the bozo who hosted Mitt, in Tampa, on his Cayman registered yacht "Cracker Boy" is wishing that he'd kept that big sumbitch docked in the Caymans.

Cracker Bay actually__but if WND can misspell stuff why can't I eh?

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

THE GOOD NEWS FOR TODAY wrote:
"When is the Rapture going to occur in relation to the Tribulation?"
Considering the tribulation it would have required to actually READ your tripe, I'm gonna say that I brought on the Rapture, by eliminating most of it from this reply....

")

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>The current state of the stock market is an illusion. It's a bubble, just like housing, student loans, etc., and it will burst as soon as the Fed quits propping it up.
Crow on, but remember, there won't be any sauce when you are required to eat it.
You're really too unsophisticated to realize that protecting your profits are the most important thing?? That there are instruments that protect you from the downside?? Stop-loss for one??

First off, Corporations are recording record profits. That's not an illusion. You don't know what you're talking about, period.

You got the right name. Somebody hit you with that shovel once too often.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
never mind Eman. i figured out what has you wingnuts so perturbed...
Republican austerity means an end to White House tours
NBC’S Kristen Welker joins Martin Bashir to report on Republicans’ decision to push for more austerity cuts – and why sequestration means no more White House tours.
http://video.msnbc.msn.com/martin-bashir/5105...
...it's all their own fault.
i was just looking in the wrong place.
It's a ridiculous stunt. Plain and simple. But oh well. No tours forrrr you! What's next?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
Costco CEO: Raise The Minimum Wage To More Than $10 Per Hour
"President Barack Obama wants to raise the federal minimum wage to $9 per hour. And the CEO of one of America's largest retailers says such a move would be good for workers and businesses alike. In fact, he says raise it even more.
On Tuesday, Costco CEO and President Craig Jelinek came out in support of the Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2013, which aims to raise the federal minimum wage to $10.10 per hour, then adjust it after that for inflation.
"At Costco, we know that paying employees good wages makes good sense for business," Jelinek said in a statement. "We pay a starting hourly wage of $11.50 in all states where we do business, and we are still able to keep our overhead costs low."
"An important reason for the success of Costco’s business model is the attraction and retention of great employees," Jelinek added. "Instead of minimizing wages, we know it's a lot more profitable in the long term to minimize employee turnover and maximize employee productivity, commitment and loyalty. We support efforts to increase the federal minimum wage."
Costco has a reputation for paying its employees above market rate, with the typical worker earning around $45,000 in 2011, according to Fortune. Walmart-owned Sam's Club, in contrast, pays its sales associates an average of $17,486 per year, according to salary information website Glassdoor.com .
Costco also provides health insurance to a significantly larger percentage of its workers than does Walmart, the Harvard Business Review reported in 2006.
Jelinek's predecessor, Costco founder Jim Sinegal, has also expressed support for raising the federal minimum wage in the past. "The more people make, the better lives they're going to have and the better consumers they're going to be," Sinegal told the Washington Post in 2007. "It's going to provide better jobs and better wages.""
----------
Gee, there's a real businessman saying you nitwits are dead wrong.
No surprise there!!
Then just quit pussyfooting around and raise it to $20 an hour. Why just go up a couple of bucks? Hell let's let everybody make over $100,000. Then you can tax the hell out of them too. Friggin' libtards are SO stupid!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, the tours. What happens if you call you congressman to schedule a tour? Obama gets to blame the republicans when you get rejected.
And how cool is that??

I'm lovin' it!! If you were a real American, you would, too!!

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
darn. and i thought you were a wit.
At the risk of not being too punny, you are probably "half" right...You think ol' Galt finally read a synopsis of "Atlas Shrugged" to come up with this one?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

A JEW IN THE HAND wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS IS A LITTLE OVER THE TOP, DON'T YOU THINK? THAT'S ALL YOU DO, WHY WOULD YOU BE SURPRISED THAT ANYONE ELSE WOULD DO THE ONLY THING YOU DO YOURSELVES? BUT YOU'VE ALREADY PICKED A FIGHT. YOU'RE IN IT. THE RESULT OF PICKING A FIGHT IS THAT SOMEONE MUST WIN AND SOMEONE MUST LOSE. YOU LOST. ARE YOU PICKING ANOTHER FIGHT?
if Topix was as important to me as it is to you, I might agree. But really, "Enan", I couldn't care less. Just make sure you keep the Niner pic updated (I'm thinking I need to pick one the brings out the Niner logo more).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a ridiculous stunt. Plain and simple. But oh well. No tours forrrr you! What's next?
of course it is.

Just like threats to shut the Government down, which is the favorite Repugniclown game of late are.

The idiots cost us a notch in our credit rating with their stupidity.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Your whole schtick is making foolish comments based on others posts, and you ask me why I like to remind Flake how completely wrong he's been for several years concerning the economy?? Very recently, he was predicting a big setback for the economy. Now we're hitting all time highs and you nitwits are going to hear about it!!
It's not looking for a fight, because Flake never responds to his dumb calls. Homer catches him all the time.
I'm not allowed to crow a bit when you nitwits are all proven wrong about the strength of the economy, inspite of your sides attempts to stall it? In your freakin' dreams!!
Ya got a lot of gall, being a smartass yourself.
touché

but i've been a very different poster for few weeks now.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You're too funny!!
That's why Chris Wallace did a long interview with them for FAUX and they were invited to speak at CPAC, right??
Nice try, but you fell short, as usual.
HAHAHAHA
Ask your co workers how much they've thought about the Romneys since November.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
This is your idea of a normal conversation??
"Lily knows a guy who used to traffic in cocaine. Ask her."
I think I prefer my style of conversation to your nastiness.
Why did you edit my post? Post it in it's entirety.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>The current state of the stock market is an illusion. It's a bubble, just like housing, student loans, etc., and it will burst as soon as the Fed quits propping it up.
Kinda like BushCo's faux housing market" "Get in before it's to late?"

It's always something right? Today it's the stock market rather than real estate__but__the good news is that beyond the usual stock hustlers making some bucks those with IRA's are back in business, or at least breathing more easily.

As a plus, gasoline prices are falling again.

If it wasn't for Topix and drones life would be grand eh?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. It won't be anything like that.
Your racial stereotypes are showing.
Mr. "I know lots of Mexicans"!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHA
I hope you're right.

Um...I do know lots of Mexicans...your point?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 800,341 - 800,360 of1,071,762
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

85 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min LRS 173,573
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min Stuart Cudahy 45,444
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 16 min cheluzal 97,432
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 40 min andet1987 388
I Hate my life and mom (Aug '07) 1 hr hands on AR 1,756
Negra Nagin gets 10 years-YEAH 2 hr hands on AR 5
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr george 3,812
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••