Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,015)

Showing posts 800,281 - 800,300 of1,033,264
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad you haven't learned to vote in your own best interests
I wish she'd brighten the corner where she is by leaving it...think she uses more out-dated cliches than R'Money.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Too bad you haven't learned to vote in your own best interests
Isn't it funny how red, white and blue big and more government represent freedom to you lily... Until they're flashing gestapo behind you?
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

HOPE wrote:
The Expansion of Black American Misery under Barack Obama’s Watch
Black folks are not only far worse off “since 2009 under President Obama’s economic and job creation policies”– Africans Americans are the only group that “has taken a definitive step backwards since then.” The main reason:“lack of attention to employment in urban and rural geographic areas where Blacks reside.”“Obama has declined to even put forth the idea that ‘low income Black people need targeted help.’”
Here are two facts that may surprise many people.
1. Black misery has been growing since 2009 under President Obama’s economic and job creation policies. Black folks participation in the labor market has been steadily moving DOWNWARD during the Obama presidency – since 2009 when he was first inaugurated.
2. ALL other major racial groups have moved up, albeit moderately, since 2009! Blacks are the only group that has taken a definitive step BACKWARDS since then. Why? This article will argue that it is because for the past 4 years, until last week, Obama has declined to even put forth the idea that "low income Black people need targeted help too!!! Needless to say, has not designed any job creation strategies or policies that would do something for the Blacks who supported him the most.
One indicator of this downward spiral for Blacks is the underemployment rate. Underemployment is measured by the extent to which people who “usually work full time” cannot find full time employment. These include people who are unemployed completely and people who work less than full time (i.e. less than 35 hours a week) due to their inability to find more employment. The underemployment rate does not include the millions of U.S. citizens (mostly Black) who are institutionalized in prisons.
Thats why Blacks all voted Republican in the last election?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
How could I have left out Al Gore? Major oversight on my part. Thanks for bringing him to Lily's attention.
You miss the point as usual; no one cared that Romney was rich; it was the disdain and disconnect on the part of him and his wife.
Also, the road to riches of Romney was achieved by ruining others lives. He never created anything, it was manipulation of the system. Continually overloading companies with debt in order to file banktruptcy is legalized stealing; millions get hurt, the banks, the employees, the suppliers. He is unscrupulous in his zest for riches, just like Da Donald.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
In 2006, The Washington Post revealed Chris Wallace has been a registered Democrat for more than two decades. Wallace insisted that being a Democrat is the only feasible means of participating in the political process in heavily Democratic Washington, D.C. He maintains he has voted for candidates from both major parties in the past.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
Shocking, huh?
So what the hell happened to him? His father was the late Mike Wallce of 60 minutes.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact, anyone who has any confusion whatsoever about communism should watch this movie/documentary. I promise there will be no further confusion.
And I was so hoping that you'd be watching the Leslie Stahl piece regarding China's housing bubble___bubble being an all time understatement.

And George Bush borrowed money to keep the USA afloat from those fkn geniuses.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>I wish she'd brighten the corner where she is by leaving it...think she uses more out-dated cliches than R'Money.
No kidding. I especially love the line "we'll get it right the nextg time"
I don't think there will be a "next time" for years to come; we'll probably all be dead by then.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats why Blacks all voted Republican in the last election?
Carol would say that they are ignorant and want to stay on the plantation!!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Good afternoon Homer and happy national pound cake day.
Good afternoon my friend.

Mar 4, 1789:
Government under the U.S. Constitution begins

The first session of the U.S. Congress is held in New York City as the U.S. Constitution takes effect. However, of the 22 senators and 59 representatives called to represent the 11 states who had ratified the document, only nine senators and 13 representatives showed up to begin negotiations for its amendment.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/go...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It was "their turn" lily.
The non CPAC Republicans are in search of a new front man__names being mention include, Jeb Bush, Chris Christie and Karl Rove. Hah!
What choices!! What about Ted Cruz? The new McCarthy?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>And I was so hoping that you'd be watching the Leslie Stahl piece regarding China's housing bubble___bubble being an all time understatement.
And George Bush borrowed money to keep the USA afloat from those fkn geniuses.
It was a good 60 minutes last night; perhaps Carol can watch it online. I think it's repeated during the week.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

The republican states setting up the exchanges plan on taking the federal money for the three years it is provided then dumping the program to the feds or the private sector.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You miss the point as usual; no one cared that Romney was rich; it was the disdain and disconnect on the part of him and his wife.
Also, the road to riches of Romney was achieved by ruining others lives. He never created anything, it was manipulation of the system. Continually overloading companies with debt in order to file banktruptcy is legalized stealing; millions get hurt, the banks, the employees, the suppliers. He is unscrupulous in his zest for riches, just like Da Donald.
Romney Trump 2016 :-)

Republicans seem bent on seld destruction.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
In 2006, The Washington Post revealed Chris Wallace has been a registered Democrat for more than two decades. Wallace insisted that being a Democrat is the only feasible means of participating in the political process in heavily Democratic Washington, D.C. He maintains he has voted for candidates from both major parties in the past.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
Shocking, huh?
And? So? I was referring to the non-news channel he works for. Fox News is a joke.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/02/gay-may...
With picture of reed
What's your point?
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.washingtonpost.com//content/articl...
Shocking, huh?
Democrats have many problems but seem preferable to voting for the repubs. Like the chicken voting for Col. Sanders.:-)

Republican protect their members extra vacation homes at the expense of medical care for middle class children.

Peace in the valley
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Well another year goes by and still my name is not on this list -
http://www.forbes.com/billionaires/list/

I wonder is Flack's old Unconstitutional state of West Virginia in it's entirety would make it on the list?

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
The republican states setting up the exchanges plan on taking the federal money for the three years it is provided then dumping the program to the feds or the private sector.
Yep, talking advantage of the federal handouts is certainly a trait of right whiner Republicans.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
What's your point?
Your post is misleading. I was setting the record straight.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
So what the hell happened to him? His father was the late Mike Wallce of 60 minutes.
Chris Wallace is a registered D for the same reason that I'm a registered R__it's a matter of zip codes__he lives in a heavy D area and I in an almost exclusive R area.

As a (D) or (I), it would be impossible for me to vote in important local primaries, school board, commissioners, sheriff etc. and for state legislators and cabinet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 800,281 - 800,300 of1,033,264
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

57 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min New York 42,958
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 9 min SLY WEST 1,020
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 min loose cannon 96,071
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 21 min _Zoey_ 4,026
Music Artists A to Z 22 min _Zoey_ 90
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Poppo 167,498
Abby 4-17 28 min Mister Tonka 31
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance