Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,012)

Showing posts 800,221 - 800,240 of1,072,432
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican....
The release of a Justice Department white paper outlining the administration’s legal case for the targeted killing of American citizens who are in cahoots with al-Qaeda has raised protest from the left, which has leeway to criticize the president now that he has been safely reelected, and unfortunately from some on the right, who find it convenient to locate their inner civil-liberty scolds when the White House is occupied by a Democrat. But there is in fact little novel in the white paper or the principles on which it relies. Due process is not generally required in battlefield situations, and an American citizen engaged in hostilities against the United States, on foreign soil and in concert with a terrorist force, is surely not entitled to counsel and a hearing before being dispatched. If he were, it would paralyze our ability to fight war.
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/340148...
more?
"sonic"
Your response is pure BS and so is your source. Unfortunately in your mind we still have due process. In your mind it is okay for an individual to claim someone is a subversive and off him. You to would be screaming out loud if a republican offered this option, rightfully so.
Peace
KMA
Mama Welfare

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

UndeadReagan wrote:
I freakin love Obama he is the man. I mean the dude inherited a messed up economy that G.Bush messed up and he's managing it better than any republican could ever do. Republicans aren't interested in even running the government all they wanna do is try and stonewall Obama and make up lies. What i love now is that minority's have an even stronger political voice that can even offset the white vote. Republicans will now have to start to think about changing their ideology if they want to get the minority vote. Go team OBAMA!
There will be no future USA; the dregs of society, such as you, continue to reproduce at a faster rate.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
hehe
So who was the leftist hillbilly that melted down?
hehe
"leftist hillbilly"??? I think that goes beyond oxymoron all the way to impossibility.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Do you ever realize that they are from out west and they are 3 hours behind us? Jeez! Libtards are SO stupid!!!
liberals don't let time zones (or facts) get in the way of their criticism. LOL
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Where'd all the nasty Democrats go?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The original Carol Orlando is married to a guy who flies radio controlled aircraft nearly every weekend and belongs to one of the region's and by proxy the nation's top RCA clubs. The original Carol Orlando would be treading on thin ice with hubby for posting this sort of bullshit.
Whatever happened to the original Carol? www.rcacf.com
As usual, I have no idea what you're talking or what your point is.

But I'll ask again anyway.

You would be okay if a Republican president had the authority to drop drones on "terrorists" on our own soil?

Try and focus on the question. Tay?
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have a nice House red to go with that? I really like the cheap stuff when vino's concerned.
Oh - here's "an" one.
Mama Welfare

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have a nice House red to go with that? I really like the cheap stuff when vino's concerned.
You be talkin to the lily

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
A leaked email from an Agriculture Department field officer adds fuel to claims President Obama's political strategy is to make the billions in recent federal budget cuts as painful as possible to win the public opinion battle against Republicans.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/06/le...
That's Democrats for you - screw the people, we just want our way. No surprise here.
it's not working

"Election bump over, Obama approval drops to 43 percent: Reuters/IPSOS poll"

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

HOPE wrote:
POOR POOR PEOPLE IF THEY WOULD ONLY THINK The richest politicians in Washington are not Republicans they are Democrats, but how many people know that?
Here is a list of some of the rich Democrats.
1. Democrat Nancy Pelosi has a net worth of 101 million
2. Democrat Hillary Clinton has a net worth of 34 million
3. Democrat Bill Clinton has a net worth of 80 million
4. Democrat Senator Herb Kohn has a net worth of 231 million
5. Democrat Congressman Jarel Polis has a net worth of 143 million
6. Democrat Senator Jay Rockefeller has a net worth of 99 million
7. Democrat Senator Mark Warner has a net worth 70 million
8. Democrat Senator Richard Blumenthal has a net worth of 64 million
9. Democrat Senator Frank Lautenberg has a net worth of 85 million
10. Democrat Senator Dianne Feinstein has a net worth of 69 million
11. Democrat Congressman Harry Teague has a net worth of 40 million
12. Democrat congressman Alan Grayson has a net worth of 93 million
13. Democrat Congress woman Jane Harman has a net worth of 112 million
14. Democrat Senator John Kerry has a net worth of 188 million
15. Democrat Al Gore has a net worth of 100 million dollars
(Overall the richest politicians in Washington are Democrats)
THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU THEY JUST KEEP YOU CLOSER THAN THEIR REAL FRIENDS
And they voted to raise their own taxes because they knew it was for the good of the country.

Republicans rich in Congress want to raise taxes on the poor & cut their programs.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
i guarantee the judge is happy that burden has been taken off his shoulders.
Her shoulders. BTW this is the third trial judge assigned to the case, the second states attorney's office and the city has just hired it's third police chief since the teen was shot and killed just one year ago. The defendant is on his third attorney and his wife has been charged with perjury. And the case is just now beginning to take shape.

The only liberal in sight is the defense attorney O'Mara.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
Sen. Rand Paul has taken to the floor of the U.S. Senate and is vowing to stay there “at length” in order to filibuster John O. Brennan, President Obama’s nominee to be the next CIA director.
The freshman Kentucky Republican has said he will hold up the nomination until he gets more information about the U.S. drone execution program, which has become a major sore point for many lawmakers on Capitol Hill.
“I will speak today until the president responds and says,‘No, we won’t kill Americans in cafes. No, we won’t kill you at home at night,’” Mr. Paul said.
Just hours earlier, Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. testified to a Senate committee that he believed it would be illegal for the government to kill an American who did not pose an imminent threat to security.
But he could not rule out the use of drones on American soil altogether, saying only that he doubted it would happen because it’s easier to capture people here.
The U.S. extrajudicial execution program has come under increasing scrutiny this year after some of the administration’s legal justification for the executions — most often carried out by drone strikes on targets overseas — leaked to the press.
Members of both parties on Capitol Hill have raised concerns about the program, which started under President George W. Bush and which Mr. Obama has greatly expanded.
Mr. Holder told the Senate Judiciary Committee that Mr. Obama will deliver a speech in the near future laying out the issues at stake and asking for a public debate on the underlying principles.
Mr. Holder also said, though, that he is not sure Congress could ban the president from using drones to kill Americans on U.S. soil, saying that would likely run afoul of the Constitution’s grant of powers to the president in Article II.
I wonder if Bob Woodward has been having higher than normal "mosquito" problems.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
How about democrats who married into money?
John McCain is a Republican. You were talking about him, right?

Or maybe you were talking about an already wealthy man marrying a wealthy wife? Then that would m]be Mitt Romney.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you're really into this, aren't you? Is he your brother?
Why have you dropped it (you were the first to post about it)?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The checks
Without having done a whole lot of research on it, I have to agree.
THE POPE

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
FUNNY YOU SHOULD ASK... WE ARE SO ALIKE I'M NOT SURE WHY YOU'RE NOT HERE IN BED WITH ME RIGHT NOW?
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
it's not working
"Election bump over, Obama approval drops to 43 percent: Reuters/IPSOS poll"
Thanks for the info - glad to hear that!

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
What he meant was no is being laid off in the White House who does these tours because it's done by volunteers.
It's another strategy in this "game" this president is playing to make Republicans look bad instead of trying to win for America.
If you think about it, it really is pretty sick.
You're still dumb carol, but you working up to moran status.(BTW, tours is plural = they're) " The reason for the cancellations, an official with the Secret Service told NBC News, is because the Uniformed Division Officers normally tasked with securing the tours will be reassigned to other security posts at the White House. The move will reduce overtime costs and may reduce the number of furloughs the Secret Service could potentially face, according to the official.

Generally speaking, this is hardly scandalous. The news will no doubt disappoint some tourists, and there's arguably a symbolic significance, but when evaluating the sequester's effects, this seems fairly minor. Indeed, if scrapping tours helps prevent Secret Service furloughs, it's a no-brainer."
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
What he meant was no is being laid off in the White House who does these tours because it's done by volunteers.
It's another strategy in this "game" this president is playing to make Republicans look bad instead of trying to win for America.
If you think about it, it really is pretty sick.
wahhhhh Mr. Boehner, we paid good money and we want to go to the zoo! You promised!! wahhhhh

it really is pretty childish.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. lily is upset about some checks, but doesn't care about 800 innocent people being killed by Obama drone strikes.
lily loves selective outrage, and the race card.
And that's the problem with Obamabots.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 800,221 - 800,240 of1,072,432
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 4:25AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search