Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#869455 Mar 6, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
No mention about the millions of elderly that will not get Meals on Wheels. Not a peep.
Most of these people can't make a meal for themselves; this is their only meal of the day.
Not a freaking peep.
Carol is planning to leave her apartment and go to Washington? HA!!
Drinks on Wheels has just taken over
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#869457 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Or, the defendant has run out of money; money received from contributions to a killer. He's getting pretty big and fat, as is his wife. I hope they find him guilty before he kills someone else.
Rumor has it that he is hiding behind a warehouse off Dixie Highway in Boca Raton. Better have an extra drink at Happy Hour.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#869458 Mar 6, 2013
Better yet, they could create jobs for Mitt and Ann Rmoney by hiring them to do domestic chores around the WH!!

Mitt hasn't had a job, outside of running for President, for the past decade!!

The American people would love to see them do some honest work and not live off their Cayman Islands wealth!!
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you imagine the popularity bump if they came out and said "in order to keep whitehouse tours open, we are doing our own laundry"?
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#869459 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Restructuring in rightwingese means; eliminating. Why not restructure and eliminate the cap on earnings subject to SS deductions? That'd be a good start.
Now, gfy.
Oh, c'mon! You first!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#869460 Mar 6, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Her shoulders. BTW this is the third trial judge assigned to the case, the second states attorney's office and the city has just hired it's third police chief since the teen was shot and killed just one year ago. The defendant is on his third attorney and his wife has been charged with perjury. And the case is just now beginning to take shape.
The only liberal in sight is the defense attorney O'Mara.
<quoted text>
Defense attorneys quit when they know they're going to get a Not Guilty verdict?? DUH
More likely is the fact that the attorneys figured out that Zimmerman is an idiot who was a murder waiting to happen, they know he's mentally unstable and guilty.
So they quit the case to avoid embarrassment.
Either you're dumber than usual today, or you just like not making sense.
I don't think so, I do live in the area after all and know some of these people and most of the news people in the area due to my wife's 40 year plus association with professional women in journalism.

I'm not standing up for the shooter, he was a weak member of society dependent on mood drugs and just bouncing around in life.
Still there is no reliable information or evidence regarding how the incident played out beyond what comes from the shooter himself and a jury in conservative Seminole County will be unpredictable. Never the less, if excused, Zimmerman will be hounded by civil actions for years and the case will serve as a message to others who assume that a ccw permit is the same thing as a badge.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#869461 Mar 6, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Anybody still doubt there will be H/K's flying over every city if the libtards have their way?
You do realize that there are ground based cameras everywhere.

If there is a threat from drones, its not from the government. It will from people trying to steal information, case your home for burglary, take pics, or just spy for fun.

So tell me again why the government doesn't just shoot missiles at us from helicopters or just mini-scud but will from drones?

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#869462 Mar 6, 2013
Francisco dAnconia wrote:
<quoted text>
nope.
The Sustainable Growth Rate Formula
Medicare physician payment is annually updated on the basis of the Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR) formula, which ties annual physician payment increases to the performance of the general economy. But every year, Congress passes the so-called “doc fix,” which overrules the SGR formula and keeps Medicare payments from falling to artificially low rates.
Under the SGR, without congressional intervention, the initial Medicare pay cut would amount to 21.3 percent.
yes, cutting waste is the slogan, where do they cut it...
this is why we had to pass it to see what was REALLY in it...
not to mention IN ADDITION, the expansion ofmore patients to medicare on the lower rate is a crusher and will lead to shortages by AMA account...
http://www.amednews.com/article/20101011/prof...
The SGR that needs adjusted has nothing to do with the ACA.

Call your Congressman & tell them.

The ACA does NOT lower Medicare payments to doctors.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#869463 Mar 6, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Nah, you wish maybe but that's not how it will play out. He may be found not guilty because the evidence is sketchy and the witnesses suck. But he won't walk with immunity from civil action and he will get butchered in the civil arena as will the homeowners association the management company and possibly even the city.
What happened here was well beyond stupid.
George is probably a victim too, but he's still breathing.
i don't "wish" anything, just my opinion. the civil suit won't mean diddly to the folks that will riot from a not guilty verdict. if that happens, lots of innocent folks will have their private property destroyed. i remember Rodney king all too well.
World Champion

Brooklyn, NY

#869464 Mar 6, 2013
Hey do you like things? You know things?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#869465 Mar 6, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe if Obama would pay the total cost to his golf outings we would keep the tours open. Ten million so far since the election.
I have no problem paying for his security. The jet is a perk of the job. I have a huge problem with him telling us to tighten out belts when he isn't and using White House Tours as a political tool.
Francisco dAnconia

Montpelier, VT

#869467 Mar 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The SGR that needs adjusted has nothing to do with the ACA.
Call your Congressman & tell them.
The ACA does NOT lower Medicare payments to doctors.
as long as you ignore how the rubber meats the road, i.e. reality, then you are correct...
Francisco dAnconia

Montpelier, VT

#869468 Mar 6, 2013
darn...* meets the road...rubber meets the road, not make hamburger of it...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#869469 Mar 6, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem paying for his security. The jet is a perk of the job. I have a huge problem with him telling us to tighten out belts when he isn't and using White House Tours as a political tool.
i don't get it. the tours.

?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#869470 Mar 6, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Her shoulders. BTW this is the third trial judge assigned to the case, the second states attorney's office and the city has just hired it's third police chief since the teen was shot and killed just one year ago. The defendant is on his third attorney and his wife has been charged with perjury. And the case is just now beginning to take shape.
The only liberal in sight is the defense attorney O'Mara.
<quoted text>
Defense attorneys quit when they know they're going to get a Not Guilty verdict?? DUH
More likely is the fact that the attorneys figured out that Zimmerman is an idiot who was a murder waiting to happen, they know he's mentally unstable and guilty.
So they quit the case to avoid embarrassment.
Either you're dumber than usual today, or you just like not making sense.
Don't you know how to have a normal conversation?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#869471 Mar 6, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
It will be burn baby burn.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#869472 Mar 6, 2013
darn...* meets the road...rubber meets the road, not make hamburger of it...
darn. and i thought you were a wit.
THE GOOD NEWS FOR TODAY

Fayetteville, NC

#869473 Mar 6, 2013
Matthew 5:11
The Beatitudes

3Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 4Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. 5Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. 6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. 7Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. 8Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. 9Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. 10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11Blessed are you, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 12Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#869474 Mar 6, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
So far, you're predictions on the stock market have proven you to be as big a fool as I've always known you to be.
Your "Chicken Little" title is well deserved!!
"The sky is falling!! THE sky is falling!!"
Why do you come here looking to pick a fight?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#869475 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
He's getting pretty big and fat,
I noticed that too. i guess they don't get out much these days.
A JEW IN THE HAND

Romania

#869476 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
as long as you ignore how the rubber meats the road, i.e. reality, then you are correct...
AHA! AT LAST, THE VOICE OF REALITY. SAY, UM, WHAT'S REAL THESE DAYS? DOES THE PHRASE, "WE THE PEOPLE," DESCRIBE PEOPLE OR BUSINESSES - SAY... HEALTHCARE? OF COURSE, THE CURRENT CONTENTION IS THAT BUSINESSES ARE PEOPLE TOO BUT THAT WON'T STAND, IT'S IDIOTIC.

IF THE "PEOPLE" OF A NATION ARE SUFFERING WANT OR ILL-HEALTH AND THE "BUSINESSES" OF A NATION DON'T WANT TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE WELL-BEING OF "THE PEOPLE," THEN, LOGICALLY, THE DOCUMENT SHOULD BE AMENDED TO READ, "WE, SOME OF THE PEOPLE," OR, "WE, A FEW OF THE PEOPLE," SHOULD IT NOT? IS A NATION A COLLECTION OF BUSINESSES TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE BULK OF THE PEOPLE OR IS IT THE PEOPLE? INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Rogue Scholar 05 178,568
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 13 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,544
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 26 min Frijoles 69,461
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 44 min Earthling-1 46,971
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 50 min edogxxx 98,321
Abby 9-30 58 min edogxxx 1
Amy 9-30 1 hr edogxxx 1

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]