Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
800,141 - 800,160 of 1,081,641 Comments Last updated 9 min ago
HOPE

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

US Attorney General Holder: President Can Order Assassination of Americans On U.S. Soil
Because America Is a Battlefield In The Eyes of the GovernmentAttorney general Eric Holder.LOVE IS A BATTLEFIELD we love you too barak lo,lololo LIBS
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
Sen. Rand Paul has taken to the floor of the U.S. Senate and is vowing to stay there “at length” in order to filibuster John O. Brennan, President Obama’s nominee to be the next CIA director.
The freshman Kentucky Republican has said he will hold up the nomination until he gets more information about the U.S. drone execution program, which has become a major sore point for many lawmakers on Capitol Hill.
“I will speak today until the president responds and says,‘No, we won’t kill Americans in cafes. No, we won’t kill you at home at night,’” Mr. Paul said.
Just hours earlier, Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. testified to a Senate committee that he believed it would be illegal for the government to kill an American who did not pose an imminent threat to security.
But he could not rule out the use of drones on American soil altogether, saying only that he doubted it would happen because it’s easier to capture people here.
The U.S. extrajudicial execution program has come under increasing scrutiny this year after some of the administration’s legal justification for the executions — most often carried out by drone strikes on targets overseas — leaked to the press.
Members of both parties on Capitol Hill have raised concerns about the program, which started under President George W. Bush and which Mr. Obama has greatly expanded.
Mr. Holder told the Senate Judiciary Committee that Mr. Obama will deliver a speech in the near future laying out the issues at stake and asking for a public debate on the underlying principles.
Mr. Holder also said, though, that he is not sure Congress could ban the president from using drones to kill Americans on U.S. soil, saying that would likely run afoul of the Constitution’s grant of powers to the president in Article II.
Most of us are more concerned about who will be targeted by these drones under the current administration than what they want us to believe their "good intentions" are.

For example, Fox News could very well be the first "mistake".

Oops...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the dumbass; his attorney knows damn well that it isn't a stand your ground case and that he'd lose. He's taking his chances and going to trial for 2nd degree murder.
That's what it said. Take it up with them. The judge agreed.
HOPE

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Your fear of the very thing that fascinates you disqualifies your ability to understand. You couldn't answer the question you've been asking for the past month. I don't know to school you or put you over my knee. You'll always lose in the battle of wits. You refuse to do your homework. You'd rather someone else do it for you. Hence you continually posting the same question & nonsense over & over again! Do you here anybody asking for your sympathy?
lololololhahahahahaha lolololol hahahahahahahabwahhh hahahahaha
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Rand Paul is a lunatic__even crazier than his dad and presently guaranteeing that his political future will be limited to kanTuckEe.
Well, let's just assume you would be saying something altogether different if a Republican president and his administration wanted to drop drones on Americans.

You'd be building a bomb shelter.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of us are more concerned about who will be targeted by these drones under the current administration than what they want us to believe their "good intentions" are.
For example, Fox News could very well be the first "mistake".
Oops...
That's the type of things the fascists did in NAZI Germany. Obama is cool wit dat.

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

but, but, my judgeits! My mission.. but, but,

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let's just assume you would be saying something altogether different if a Republican president and his administration wanted to drop drones on Americans.
Carol, my friend, you don't drop drones on people. You drop a bomb from a drone or fire a missile from a drone but a drone, as referenced here, is a remote controlled aircraft.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Have you read Riki Tiki Tavi?
She's not a mongoose, just a silly goose taking a gander...Did you notice Gunner and Retard by Choice answering for dumb carol now? They probably get moist watching Bogus Bill too...
HOPE

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

America’s Fiscal Crisis:“Sequester Facts” on US Policy Manipulations You Should Know
Right now, the American people are like frogs in warm sequester water. For some, inundated with all the corporate media talk about out-of-control spending, the cuts to the deficit feel good right now. But as the sequester takes hold and federal spending is pulled from the economy, those views are likely to change.

US elected officials seem to be focused primarily on making sure the other party is to blame, when in fact both are to blame, and on measuring the political fallout. In many ways, this is part of the battle to determine which arm of the corporate duopoly will have a majority in Congress after the 2014 year elections.

But for the rest of us, a large spending cutback by government in the midst of a jobs crisis and shrinking GDP is exactly the wrong policy for the economy. The US economy is likely to find itself in a recession, shedding more jobs in 2013 with an increased deficit to GDP level in part because of the sequester, but also because the federal government was already in austerity, shrinking at a very fast rate (despite what the corporate media, pundits and politicians say). Thus the road to a double-dip recession has sped up due to the sequestration. Here are some facts you should know.

In fact, Zero Hedge published a disconcerting list of twelve recent events that show the next economic collapse may almost be upon us. And, they point out that the sequester will make things worse. Less money in the economy when big business is not spending is a sure sign of economic disaster, potentially even deflation which could lead to worse than a recession
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Rand Paul is a lunatic__even crazier than his dad and presently guaranteeing that his political future will be limited to kanTuckEe.
He's trying to be relevant; it's not working. His voice is so annoying that no one will listen. Wonder what happened to Allen West?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>She's not a mongoose, just a silly goose taking a gander...Did you notice Gunner and Retard by Choice answering for dumb carol now? They probably get moist watching Bogus Bill too...
Is that "bumberhead" jimmy/gunner?

Chicago Thugtown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Dag Nab It! They messed up my colostomy operation & put the bag on my mouth so I can hardly breathe now! Where's my ammo? It smells funny down here in Bumpass!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Carol, my friend, you don't drop drones on people. You drop a bomb from a drone or fire a missile from a drone but a drone, as referenced here, is a remote controlled aircraft.
Mitch McConnell is a drone

Carols husbands hobby is flying remote control planes; is that what someone did in NYC yesterday? Did anyone find out what it was?

Chicago Thugtown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>She's not a mongoose, just a silly goose taking a gander...Did you notice Gunner and Retard by Choice answering for dumb carol now? They probably get moist watching Bogus Bill too...
Hey - I'm a Gunner! Don't forget me! I can shoot the shit with the best of em.
Francisco dAnconia

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
He's trying to be relevant; it's not working. His voice is so annoying that no one will listen. Wonder what happened to Allen West?
it makes me sad that the only representative concerned about drone strikes on our own people on our own soil is cast as "trying to be relevant"...
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Is that "bumberhead" jimmy/gunner?
Do you two flukers need a room? Don't forget the Bengay and denture cream!
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
He's working for Boca Liquor Distribution now, and he's been at headquarters trying to keep up with the huge sales volume.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The original Carol Orlando is married to a guy who flies radio controlled aircraft nearly every weekend and belongs to one of the region's and by proxy the nation's top RCA clubs. The original Carol Orlando would be treading on thin ice with hubby for posting this sort of bullshit.

Whatever happened to the original Carol? www.rcacf.com
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> That's what it said. Take it up with them. The judge agreed.
Of course she did; O'Mara knew that it was not a stand your ground case and that the judge would not throw it out. That's how it goes.
Now, they go to trial.
A person does not go stalking someone with a gun and then claim self defense.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

52 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 21 min edogxxx 97,548
Abby 7-28 22 min edogxxx 1
Amy 7-28 25 min edogxxx 1
Interview with retired border patrol agent. Tru... 54 min WOW That Realy Is Scary 2
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 3 hr TW_sugar_daddio 17
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr LRS 174,860
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,391
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 3:19AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search