Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#869505 Mar 6, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Normal Americans have forgotten about the Romneys and really don't care where they keep their money.
No, not at all, maybe dummies like you dismiss stuff like that but Gary Morse, the bozo who hosted Mitt, in Tampa, on his Cayman registered yacht "Cracker Boy" is wishing that he'd kept that big sumbitch docked in the Caymans.

Cracker Bay actually__but if WND can misspell stuff why can't I eh?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#869507 Mar 6, 2013
THE GOOD NEWS FOR TODAY wrote:
"When is the Rapture going to occur in relation to the Tribulation?"
Considering the tribulation it would have required to actually READ your tripe, I'm gonna say that I brought on the Rapture, by eliminating most of it from this reply....

")

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#869508 Mar 6, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>The current state of the stock market is an illusion. It's a bubble, just like housing, student loans, etc., and it will burst as soon as the Fed quits propping it up.
Crow on, but remember, there won't be any sauce when you are required to eat it.
You're really too unsophisticated to realize that protecting your profits are the most important thing?? That there are instruments that protect you from the downside?? Stop-loss for one??

First off, Corporations are recording record profits. That's not an illusion. You don't know what you're talking about, period.

You got the right name. Somebody hit you with that shovel once too often.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#869509 Mar 6, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
never mind Eman. i figured out what has you wingnuts so perturbed...
Republican austerity means an end to White House tours
NBC’S Kristen Welker joins Martin Bashir to report on Republicans’ decision to push for more austerity cuts – and why sequestration means no more White House tours.
http://video.msnbc.msn.com/martin-bashir/5105...
...it's all their own fault.
i was just looking in the wrong place.
It's a ridiculous stunt. Plain and simple. But oh well. No tours forrrr you! What's next?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#869510 Mar 6, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Costco CEO: Raise The Minimum Wage To More Than $10 Per Hour
"President Barack Obama wants to raise the federal minimum wage to $9 per hour. And the CEO of one of America's largest retailers says such a move would be good for workers and businesses alike. In fact, he says raise it even more.
On Tuesday, Costco CEO and President Craig Jelinek came out in support of the Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2013, which aims to raise the federal minimum wage to $10.10 per hour, then adjust it after that for inflation.
"At Costco, we know that paying employees good wages makes good sense for business," Jelinek said in a statement. "We pay a starting hourly wage of $11.50 in all states where we do business, and we are still able to keep our overhead costs low."
"An important reason for the success of Costco’s business model is the attraction and retention of great employees," Jelinek added. "Instead of minimizing wages, we know it's a lot more profitable in the long term to minimize employee turnover and maximize employee productivity, commitment and loyalty. We support efforts to increase the federal minimum wage."
Costco has a reputation for paying its employees above market rate, with the typical worker earning around $45,000 in 2011, according to Fortune. Walmart-owned Sam's Club, in contrast, pays its sales associates an average of $17,486 per year, according to salary information website Glassdoor.com .
Costco also provides health insurance to a significantly larger percentage of its workers than does Walmart, the Harvard Business Review reported in 2006.
Jelinek's predecessor, Costco founder Jim Sinegal, has also expressed support for raising the federal minimum wage in the past. "The more people make, the better lives they're going to have and the better consumers they're going to be," Sinegal told the Washington Post in 2007. "It's going to provide better jobs and better wages.""
----------
Gee, there's a real businessman saying you nitwits are dead wrong.
No surprise there!!
Then just quit pussyfooting around and raise it to $20 an hour. Why just go up a couple of bucks? Hell let's let everybody make over $100,000. Then you can tax the hell out of them too. Friggin' libtards are SO stupid!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#869511 Mar 6, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, the tours. What happens if you call you congressman to schedule a tour? Obama gets to blame the republicans when you get rejected.
And how cool is that??

I'm lovin' it!! If you were a real American, you would, too!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#869512 Mar 6, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
darn. and i thought you were a wit.
At the risk of not being too punny, you are probably "half" right...You think ol' Galt finally read a synopsis of "Atlas Shrugged" to come up with this one?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#869513 Mar 6, 2013
A JEW IN THE HAND wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS IS A LITTLE OVER THE TOP, DON'T YOU THINK? THAT'S ALL YOU DO, WHY WOULD YOU BE SURPRISED THAT ANYONE ELSE WOULD DO THE ONLY THING YOU DO YOURSELVES? BUT YOU'VE ALREADY PICKED A FIGHT. YOU'RE IN IT. THE RESULT OF PICKING A FIGHT IS THAT SOMEONE MUST WIN AND SOMEONE MUST LOSE. YOU LOST. ARE YOU PICKING ANOTHER FIGHT?
if Topix was as important to me as it is to you, I might agree. But really, "Enan", I couldn't care less. Just make sure you keep the Niner pic updated (I'm thinking I need to pick one the brings out the Niner logo more).

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#869514 Mar 6, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a ridiculous stunt. Plain and simple. But oh well. No tours forrrr you! What's next?
of course it is.

Just like threats to shut the Government down, which is the favorite Repugniclown game of late are.

The idiots cost us a notch in our credit rating with their stupidity.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#869515 Mar 6, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Your whole schtick is making foolish comments based on others posts, and you ask me why I like to remind Flake how completely wrong he's been for several years concerning the economy?? Very recently, he was predicting a big setback for the economy. Now we're hitting all time highs and you nitwits are going to hear about it!!
It's not looking for a fight, because Flake never responds to his dumb calls. Homer catches him all the time.
I'm not allowed to crow a bit when you nitwits are all proven wrong about the strength of the economy, inspite of your sides attempts to stall it? In your freakin' dreams!!
Ya got a lot of gall, being a smartass yourself.
touché

but i've been a very different poster for few weeks now.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#869516 Mar 6, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You're too funny!!
That's why Chris Wallace did a long interview with them for FAUX and they were invited to speak at CPAC, right??
Nice try, but you fell short, as usual.
HAHAHAHA
Ask your co workers how much they've thought about the Romneys since November.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#869517 Mar 6, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
This is your idea of a normal conversation??
"Lily knows a guy who used to traffic in cocaine. Ask her."
I think I prefer my style of conversation to your nastiness.
Why did you edit my post? Post it in it's entirety.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#869518 Mar 6, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>The current state of the stock market is an illusion. It's a bubble, just like housing, student loans, etc., and it will burst as soon as the Fed quits propping it up.
Crow on, but remember, there won't be any sauce when you are required to eat it.
Kinda like BushCo's faux housing market" "Get in before it's to late?"

It's always something right? Today it's the stock market rather than real estate__but__the good news is that beyond the usual stock hustlers making some bucks those with IRA's are back in business, or at least breathing more easily.

As a plus, gasoline prices are falling again.

If it wasn't for Topix and drones life would be grand eh?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#869519 Mar 6, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. It won't be anything like that.
Your racial stereotypes are showing.
Mr. "I know lots of Mexicans"!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHA
I hope you're right.

Um...I do know lots of Mexicans...your point?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#869520 Mar 6, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>No, not at all, maybe dummies like you dismiss stuff like that but Gary Morse, the bozo who hosted Mitt, in Tampa, on his Cayman registered yacht "Cracker Boy" is wishing that he'd kept that big sumbitch docked in the Caymans.
Cracker Bay actually__but if WND can misspell stuff why can't I eh?
Ask your bartender (or wherever you meet your rotary buddies) when was the last time he thought about the romneys. Heck, ask you barber, gas station attendant, etc.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#869521 Mar 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>Lets take a look.

1-2% of the federal budget meas that for the balance of this fiscal year, those cuts need made, Since about half the year is passed, that means we are looking to cut 2-4%.

Now figure in all the stuff that is exempt from the sequester, that likely doubles again to 4-8%.

Plus there are contracts, leases, etc that can't be cut.

So now what are we are up to?

You right whiners are just dumber than sh*t.
Cut Food Stamps and Welfare again like Clinton did and we will have another surplus!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#869522 Mar 6, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Then just quit pussyfooting around and raise it to $20 an hour. Why just go up a couple of bucks? Hell let's let everybody make over $100,000. Then you can tax the hell out of them too. Friggin' libtards are SO stupid!!!
You've more than proven you're ineptness in the economic field.

I'll ignore your lack of understanding.

But you might look to Henry Ford, who paid his workers on the Model T line $5 Dollars a day, in a time when that was a very high wage for labor. His contemporaries attacked him for giving too much pay.

But Ford knew that if his Model T was going to be a success, it had to be available to the common man. He virtually created the idea that became the basis for our consumre based economy.

If people don't make a living wage, they can't consume as much. How may cars were sold when only the rich could afford their Dusenbergs, Cords, Packards?? Not that many.

But Ford sold cars by the millions,unthinkable of at the time!! He created the America you grew up in.

the best economic time for America was post WWII. Wages were high, the economy was cooking, consumption was at a peak. You were a child of that era. But you don't get it.

The CEO of COSTCO sees it. But he's an educated man. You, not so much.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#869523 Mar 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
When SWAT takes out a hostage taker, where was that due process?
I get it. You want them top build a case & hold trial before they rescue the hostages.
Then, its OK when a sniper holds the gun & fires but "OMG OMG OMG" if it is done with a drone because there is no view from outside.
Do you people ever listen to see just how GD ridiculous you are?
You are real funny!

Don't ever wise up. Please!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#869524 Mar 6, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
And how cool is that??
I'm lovin' it!! If you were a real American, you would, too!!
Please define "real American"

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#869525 Mar 6, 2013
By 2025 Medicare and SSI will use up every tax dollar received by the federal government. This is without factoring in Obamacare. Where you going to get the money to pay for the actual government?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min wojar is a homo 182,302
Christmas a time for reflection on 47 years in ... 7 min reality is a crutch 1
Chicagoa s 2014 murder total on track for anoth... 24 min reality is a crutch 7
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr L Morales 71,302
Chicago police stop black motorists more, ACLU ... 3 hr L Morales 11
Southern Illinois Supports Police 3 hr Does not matter 1
Holiday Greetings 5 hr Daddy Warbucks 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]