Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
800,121 - 800,140 of 1,099,814 Comments Last updated 9 min ago
HOPE

Bronx, NY

#869318 Mar 6, 2013
America’s Fiscal Crisis:“Sequester Facts” on US Policy Manipulations You Should Know
Right now, the American people are like frogs in warm sequester water. For some, inundated with all the corporate media talk about out-of-control spending, the cuts to the deficit feel good right now. But as the sequester takes hold and federal spending is pulled from the economy, those views are likely to change.

US elected officials seem to be focused primarily on making sure the other party is to blame, when in fact both are to blame, and on measuring the political fallout. In many ways, this is part of the battle to determine which arm of the corporate duopoly will have a majority in Congress after the 2014 year elections.

But for the rest of us, a large spending cutback by government in the midst of a jobs crisis and shrinking GDP is exactly the wrong policy for the economy. The US economy is likely to find itself in a recession, shedding more jobs in 2013 with an increased deficit to GDP level in part because of the sequester, but also because the federal government was already in austerity, shrinking at a very fast rate (despite what the corporate media, pundits and politicians say). Thus the road to a double-dip recession has sped up due to the sequestration. Here are some facts you should know.

In fact, Zero Hedge published a disconcerting list of twelve recent events that show the next economic collapse may almost be upon us. And, they point out that the sequester will make things worse. Less money in the economy when big business is not spending is a sure sign of economic disaster, potentially even deflation which could lead to worse than a recession
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#869319 Mar 6, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Rand Paul is a lunatic__even crazier than his dad and presently guaranteeing that his political future will be limited to kanTuckEe.
He's trying to be relevant; it's not working. His voice is so annoying that no one will listen. Wonder what happened to Allen West?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#869320 Mar 6, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>She's not a mongoose, just a silly goose taking a gander...Did you notice Gunner and Retard by Choice answering for dumb carol now? They probably get moist watching Bogus Bill too...
Is that "bumberhead" jimmy/gunner?

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#869321 Mar 6, 2013
Dag Nab It! They messed up my colostomy operation & put the bag on my mouth so I can hardly breathe now! Where's my ammo? It smells funny down here in Bumpass!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#869322 Mar 6, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Carol, my friend, you don't drop drones on people. You drop a bomb from a drone or fire a missile from a drone but a drone, as referenced here, is a remote controlled aircraft.
Mitch McConnell is a drone

Carols husbands hobby is flying remote control planes; is that what someone did in NYC yesterday? Did anyone find out what it was?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Chicago Thugtown

#869323 Mar 6, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>She's not a mongoose, just a silly goose taking a gander...Did you notice Gunner and Retard by Choice answering for dumb carol now? They probably get moist watching Bogus Bill too...
Hey - I'm a Gunner! Don't forget me! I can shoot the shit with the best of em.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Francisco dAnconia

Montpelier, VT

#869324 Mar 6, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
He's trying to be relevant; it's not working. His voice is so annoying that no one will listen. Wonder what happened to Allen West?
it makes me sad that the only representative concerned about drone strikes on our own people on our own soil is cast as "trying to be relevant"...
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#869325 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you two flukers need a room? Don't forget the Bengay and denture cream!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#869326 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
He's working for Boca Liquor Distribution now, and he's been at headquarters trying to keep up with the huge sales volume.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#869327 Mar 6, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let's just assume you would be saying something altogether different if a Republican president and his administration wanted to drop drones on Americans.
You'd be building a bomb shelter.
The original Carol Orlando is married to a guy who flies radio controlled aircraft nearly every weekend and belongs to one of the region's and by proxy the nation's top RCA clubs. The original Carol Orlando would be treading on thin ice with hubby for posting this sort of bullshit.

Whatever happened to the original Carol? www.rcacf.com

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#869328 Mar 6, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> That's what it said. Take it up with them. The judge agreed.
Of course she did; O'Mara knew that it was not a stand your ground case and that the judge would not throw it out. That's how it goes.
Now, they go to trial.
A person does not go stalking someone with a gun and then claim self defense.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#869329 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Carols husbands hobby is flying remote control planes; is that what someone did in NYC yesterday? Did anyone find out what it was?
I heard it was a gigantic blimp on its way to Boca with your latest liquor order.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#869330 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't know. According to the cockpit recording it was a meter long. 3 feet. That is about the size of some hobbyist's aircraft.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#869331 Mar 6, 2013
leosnana wrote:
Leo, it's open season on you, and just to think you and your warped mind, fashioned by some lieberal college allows you warp more minds.. your mind is always below your waist..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#869332 Mar 6, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving that your the dimwit that we knew you to be. IDIOT
If Congress allows sequestration cuts to take effect, more than 170 million Americans could lose their jobs, according to Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.).
“If sequestration takes place, that’s going to be a great setback. We don’t need to be having something like sequestration that’s going to cause these job losses — over 170 million jobs that could be lost,” Waters said.
There’s just one problem with her estimation — and it’s a big one. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are only 134 million people working in the United States. So by Waters’ estimation, the sequester cuts would be so apocalyptic that nearly 40 million people who don’t have jobs would become even more unemployed.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/28/ma...
I sometimes wonder why SNL and the Late Night Shows don't do skits about the Maxine Waters.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#869333 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
And probably part of a cast of a thousand clowns. You know if Galt (who never read "Atlas Shrugged") is really in CA, he's up most the night and back at the crack of dawn...what a "purpose driven" life, n'est pas?

Chicago Thugtown

#869334 Mar 6, 2013
hehe...

looks like one of the hypcrite Democrats here lost it and went judgit crazy. Poor lily.

?

You just blew it for me. My schtick was that the Democrats here didn't cheat!

Dag Nab it! Where's my ammo?
HOPE

Bronx, NY

#869335 Mar 6, 2013
The sequester will cut $85 billion in government spending from March 1 to September 30. It is a 5% cut for most federal spending, but because the fiscal year began on October 1, 2012, five months have already passed and thus the one year cut is jammed into 7 months. Some agencies, like those providing unemployment benefits have been unable to prepare so there are likely to be 10% or so cuts in checks to the unemployed. Other agencies have been able to prepare somewhat by not filling vacancies and taking other budgetary actions since last October. And others, which give out grants for research, will be giving out fewer funds in grants. How the sequester will impact agencies will vary from program to program.

It will also vary from state to state. States like, Virginia, New Mexico, Alabama and South Carolina, with high federal spending will face more severe cutbacks, while states like, New York, Ohio, Illinois and Oregon, with less federal spending will face less. But there will be budgetary pain all across the nationin health care, housing, education, security and immigration, among others.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#869336 Mar 6, 2013
What’s scary about Holder statement is Obama/Holder definition of (Enemy of The State or Domestic Terrorist) would be narrowly define as TP or Conservative!!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#869337 Mar 6, 2013
Floridas History Prof wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, Stupid.
For the 3rd time, the orders which sent the Japanese-Americans to internment came from the General DeWitt on May 3rd, 1942.
There is NOTHING in Roosevelt's two executive orders which parallel DeWitt's. So you're busted.
You've got nothing, but lack of facts has never stopped a GOP fatmouth from going BAH HAH HAH HAH and proclaiming himself the "victor".
Face it, you GOP clowns are woefully ignorant on matters of history.
You're such a moron, you didn't even know "the shot heard round the world" is a reference to the battle of Lexington which is where the American Revolution began.
Fckn dufus.
You've been caught with your pants down and you have nothing to show us. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Right. The entire Japanese American internment mistake was caused by one errant racist General that FDR never noticed was trashing American citizens' rights. And, all the while, the Citizen Police Force (also created by FDR) that ran those racist camps for the racist General was never admonished nor even noticed by FDR.

Hee, Hee.

Go back to sleep, Dood. The bartender will wake you up when the janitor comes in.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 22 min _Zoey_ 7,745
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 27 min _Zoey_ 296
Danger! It is horrible, rotten luck to hug a w... 27 min Unlucky man 1
Word (Dec '08) 28 min _Zoey_ 4,648
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 29 min _Zoey_ 4,663
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 44 min LRS 177,345
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Cali Girl 2014dal 49,448
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••