Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,003)

Showing posts 800,041 - 800,060 of1,071,168
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#869184
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds great. Ever notice that once a person gets elected into Congress or the Senate, they become millionaires?
Not necessarily true.

However, the high cost of maintaining two homes, with one in the expensive Washington area, means that only the wealthy can afford to be in Congress.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#869185
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

4

This is why I smirk when Liberals uses Mediamatter or Huffington Post as Reference!!
Huffington Post Is Just a Hugo Chávez Fanpage I don’t think there’s a Dictator that Liberals don’t Love!!
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#869186
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Just a minute wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a great summation, not too long either.
Wealth Inequality in America
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
And what entitles you to someone else's hard work, ingenuity and giving back more than you ever will?

Remember the wealthiest make up a very small percentage of the entire population yet pay taxes for half of the entire population...your half.

Are you willing to take up the slack if Obama's redistributes their wealth?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#869187
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
A utopia of perfect equality doesn't exist in the real world.
There will always be the haves and have nots and all the rest of us in between.
If you don't like your circumstances, change them, although, granted, that's become nearly impossible under the leadership of this present administration.
Otherwise, be content with what you have.
Do you prioritize "social rights" over civil liberties even if it means a concentration of power ruling over us?
No one else has answered that question yet.
Perhaps it's too stupid a question to warrant a response?

BTW Boehner's district, Ohio 8th is laughably gerrymandered but it's nice to know that 99% plus percentage of votes can also be cast for a Republican candidate.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#869188
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

4

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds great. Ever notice that once a person gets elected into Congress or the Senate, they become millionaires?
Hmmmmm

Homer 2016!
Face Reality

Rochelle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#869189
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Jeebuss wrote:
Yep.
People don't care. They just wanted a black president. Period.
You're right, they have no one to blame but themselves when taxes skyrocket and the military becomes downsized, leaving us vulnerable to attacks.
They are actually happy that they have put this country in danger.
This post of yours from Nov 5, 2008 was way ahead of the low information voters.
Congratulations for being a person with foresight. You are grounded in reality.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#869190
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

4

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is answering because it's stupid. Where'd you get that one?
Beck?
You're not in favor of civil liberties, or civil rights. You favor an authoritarian state. So what the hell are you talking about?
I'll bet that you were one of those who said of the Patriot Act "What do you have to worry about, if you're not doing anything wrong?"
Yet you support Obergruppenfuehrer Holder's decision to use drones to liquidate domestic enemies of the President.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#869192
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember Boehner handing out tobacco company checks on the floor?
Tobacco was the first crop exported in this country.

Here's a little history...just FYI.

Tobacco colonies lined the coastal region extending from a small part of Delaware south through Maryland and Virginia into the Albemarle Sound region of North Carolina. During the 17th century, the European demand for tobacco increased more than tenfold. The increased demand called for a greater supply of tobacco, and as a result, tobacco became the staple crop of the Chesapeake Bay Region.

Don't be so quick to knock tobacco. Sodas and beer are next on the politically correct police's list to ban. You like sodas and beer don't you? These companies make pretty good money too.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#869194
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Suspect that more companies may eliminate that abuse.
Soon Homer may be required to actually show up at work.
Homer comes to the office just about every day although I could work from home a couple days a week if I preferred. Homer will get his annual bonus and raise once again for exceeded his output and making the company a ton of money. I think that will be 14 years in a row and counting.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#869195
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps it's too stupid a question to warrant a response?
BTW Boehner's district, Ohio 8th is laughably gerrymandered but it's nice to know that 99% plus percentage of votes can also be cast for a Republican candidate.
Note to self: Avoid that district at all costs.

I can only imagine the morons living there.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#869196
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps it's too stupid a question to warrant a response?
BTW Boehner's district, Ohio 8th is laughably gerrymandered but it's nice to know that 99% plus percentage of votes can also be cast for a Republican candidate.
That's not an answer.

Are you willing to place "social rights" above civil liberties even if it means total government control?

Because that's what happened in Venezuela and how Chavez became a dictator.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#869197
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Meltdown in progress
It happens to you every day before Happy Hour... keep the faith, baby.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#869198
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds great. Ever notice that once a person gets elected into Congress or the Senate, they become millionaires?
like Obama.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#869199
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
What I've given thought to is that contracting out would be a hell of lot cheaper. Of course that never crossed your mind.
InstaPrint maybe?

As near as I can tell, Martha Stewart first put the White House calligraphers in the public eye and then one thing lead to another until your buttbud Galt found a story at reason or some other puke site.

At my pot luck gatherings we joist point but that doesn't work at state gatherings I guess. We could ask Nancy Reagan, she's an expert on state gatherings.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#869200
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Tobacco was the first crop exported in this country.
Here's a little history...just FYI.
Tobacco colonies lined the coastal region extending from a small part of Delaware south through Maryland and Virginia into the Albemarle Sound region of North Carolina. During the 17th century, the European demand for tobacco increased more than tenfold. The increased demand called for a greater supply of tobacco, and as a result, tobacco became the staple crop of the Chesapeake Bay Region.
Don't be so quick to knock tobacco. Sodas and beer are next on the politically correct police's list to ban. You like sodas and beer don't you? These companies make pretty good money too.
How did you get from Boehner handing out tobacco checks to her knocking tobacco?

Righting thought process is very er strange.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#869201
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember Boehner handing out tobacco company checks on the floor?
No. Enlighted us old one.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#869202
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Liberal mentality

" Dem Strategist: Women Don’t Need Guns, Just Tell Men “Not To Rape Women”"
Just a minute

Mineola, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#869203
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
And what entitles you to someone else's hard work, ingenuity and giving back more than you ever will?
Remember the wealthiest make up a very small percentage of the entire population yet pay taxes for half of the entire population...your half.
Are you willing to take up the slack if Obama's redistributes their wealth?
I take up alot of slack. I live in a county that pays one of the highest tax rates in this country. What makes you think I think I'm entitled to anything I don't work for? Your blame mentality again?Get a grip lady. Your tv mentality is showing.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/01/23/taxes-homes-...

Nassau County homeowners pay a median $8,153--or 8% of their yearly income--to live there. It's the fourth-highest rate in the country.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#869205
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet you don't even know what calligraphy is.
That should make you mad, not stupud lily.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#869206
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you support Obergruppenfuehrer Holder's decision to use drones to liquidate domestic enemies of the President.
Yet another lie.

Holder said he would allow the possibility that in a case of another event such as Pearl Harbor or 9-11 then it might be possible to use an armed drone against a US citizen.

Besides next year the NRA will push for private armed drone ownership & rednecks will be setting up private compounds where the fat asses can hunt hand fed deer with drones while watching NASCAR & drinking beer & eating BBQ.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 800,041 - 800,060 of1,071,168
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Negra Nagin gets 10 years-YEAH 34 min dixie 3
Amy 7-9 2 hr NWmoon 9
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 173,496
easter house adoptions (Jan '11) 2 hr Lynn 13
Music Artists A to Z 2 hr _Zoey_ 245
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr _Zoey_ 4,572
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr _Zoey_ 4,487
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr PEllen 97,408
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••