Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
800,001 - 800,020 of 1,082,263 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to a job search site and found this
" Average Calligraphy Salaries
The average salary for calligraphy jobs is $26,000."
We are getting fleeced by our own government.
Best Buy joins Yahoo in eliminating telecommuting from home options after learning that the employees are spending more time diccing around on social network sites and anonymous political forums than on performing their job duties.

BTW knucklehead, the calligraphy story is making it's way through the right wing sites but apparently it's true__have you given any thought to why there are so many of them at such high salaries?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>You best get on that phone & start calling Republicans because they want to keep each & every one.
Will trade elimination of oil subsidies for elimination of Earned Income Credit.

Any day.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Just a minute wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the Inequality, Stupid
Income distribution: Emmanuel Saez (Excel)
Net worth: Edward Wolff (PDF)
Household income/income share: Congressional Budget Office
Real vs. desired distribution of wealth: Michael I. Norton and Dan Ariely (PDF)
Net worth of Americans vs. Congress: Federal Reserve (average); Center for Responsive Politics (Congress)
Your chances of being a millionaire: Calculation based on data from Wolff (PDF); US Census (household and population data)
Member of Congress' chances: Center for Responsive Politics
Wealthiest members of Congress: Center for Responsive Politics
Tax cut votes: New York Times (Senate; House)
Wall street profits, 2007-2009: New York State Comptroller (PDF)
Unemployment rate, 2007-2009: Bureau of Labor Statistics
Home equity, 2007-2009: Federal Reserve, Flow of Funds data, 1995-2004 and 2005-2009 (PDFs)
CEO vs. worker pay: Economic Policy Institute
Historic tax rates: Calculations based on data from The Tax Foundation
Federal tax revenue: Joint Committee on Taxation (PDF)
A utopia of perfect equality doesn't exist in the real world.

There will always be the haves and have nots and all the rest of us in between.

If you don't like your circumstances, change them, although, granted, that's become nearly impossible under the leadership of this present administration.

Otherwise, be content with what you have.

Do you prioritize "social rights" over civil liberties even if it means a concentration of power ruling over us?

No one else has answered that question yet.
THE POPE

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
POPE NOT SURE HE'S TRACKIN' THIS LOGIC, BUT HERE'S THE SKINNY. IT DON' MATTER WHAT ROLE YOU FULFILL IN THE DISTRICT IF YOU NOT MAKIN' ABOUT 100K YOU STRUGGLIN'. IT AN EXPENSIVE PLACE. IN ORDER TO ATTRACT THE BES' PEOPLE YOU GOT TO PAY 'EM OR THEY'LL JUS' GO TO WORK FO' THE CHINEE SELLIN' STATE SECRETS OR DESIGNIN' LAWNMOWERS. THE PRES HISSELF ONLY MAKE 400K WHICH IS ABOUT 4X THE SALARY OF HIS AVERAGE EMPLOYEE. NOW, LES' TAKE A BRIEF LOOK AT THE EQUIVALENT IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR. THE "AVERAGE" CEO EARNS 13 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR, ABOUT 231 TIMES THE SALARY OF THE AVERAGE EMPLOYEE. LITTLE WONDER THE PRIVATE SECTOR WANTS GOVERNMENT OUT OF ITS AFFAIRS.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

The Messiah has been Disrobe for what he is…’Activist!! Most Presidents would be working hard to reduce the Pain …CBSNEWS Reports: Obama admin struggles to illustrate pain from sequester, WOW…. Hugo alive and well!!
Just a minute

Mineola, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Of the top ten wealthiest on Capital Hill, more are Democrats.
But could you summarize your point?
Here's a great summation, not too long either.

Wealth Inequality in America

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Best Buy joins Yahoo in eliminating telecommuting from home options after learning that the employees are spending more time diccing around on social network sites and anonymous political forums than on performing their job duties.
BTW knucklehead, the calligraphy story is making it's way through the right wing sites but apparently it's true__have you given any thought to why there are so many of them at such high salaries?
Because using word processing and a laser jet printer isn't fancy enough for the Royal Family's dinner invitations?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet you don't even know what calligraphy is.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Best Buy joins Yahoo in eliminating telecommuting from home options after learning that the employees are spending more time diccing around on social network sites and anonymous political forums than on performing their job duties.
Suspect that more companies may eliminate that abuse.

Soon Homer may be required to actually show up at work.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

THE POPE wrote:
BUT THIS MUCH I ALREADY KNOW: YOU LIKE TO MAKE AN ENTRANCE. IN MY BID'NESS THAT'S CALLED HUBRIS.
"MR. MODERATOR, MR. MODERATOR," (L'IL WHINEY VOICE OF THE SCHOOL SISSY) "THE BAD MAN SAID A BAD WORD!" HE SAID A BAD WORD! I'M A PAGAN, I'M A PAGAN! THE BAD MAN SAID A BAD WORD!"
You're a Pagan?

Blessed be!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
The Messiah has been Disrobe for what he is…’Activist!! Most Presidents would be working hard to reduce the Pain …CBSNEWS Reports: Obama admin struggles to illustrate pain from sequester, WOW…. Hugo alive and well!!
Meltdown in progress

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
What I've given thought to is that contracting out would be a hell of lot cheaper. Of course that never crossed your mind.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet you don't even know what calligraphy is.
An affectation for snobs.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Anyway, we're in very big trouble and it's probably going to get much worse over the next four years.

So who gets the blame? A Democrat President with a Democrat Senate or a Republican House?

And if a Democrat President and a Democrat Senate can't come up with any solutions to solve problems now besides raising taxes, how is a Democrat House in 2014 going to make things any better?

Unless, of course, we've become like Venezuelans who had no fear of losing their civil liberties over being totally controlled either.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Bunderhead makes another post:
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Meltdown in progress
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Fire 'em all, and start over. Pay Congress minimum wage, and require them to abide by any laws they pass. Take away their expense accounts, transportation allowances, health insurance, meal tickets, and especially their corporate sponsorship.
Make lobbying, by any former politician, a criminal activity, punishable by death.
That would hack about a trillion off the spending side, for starters.
Sounds great. Ever notice that once a person gets elected into Congress or the Senate, they become millionaires?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Boehner won his district in 2012 with 99.2% of the votes.
Democrats pretty much ran the show in Ohio from 1975 to 1993 and then again from 2007 through 2010.
Remember Boehner handing out tobacco company checks on the floor?
Just a minute

Mineola, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't like your circumstances, change them, although, granted, that's become nearly impossible under the leadership of this present administration.
Do you prioritize "social rights" over civil liberties even if it means a concentration of power ruling over us?
Thanks for the advice but you sound like you need it yourself as you do nothing but complain. You are stuck in a one sided "blame" mentality. The sooner you realize we are all victims of both parties and their policies the better off you'll be. I don't like getting fcvked over by either party. Open your eyes. I prioritize human rights. "Social" and "civil" are nothing more than bullshit words, talking points used by politicians to manipulate.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is answering because it's stupid. Where'd you get that one?
Beck?
You're not in favor of civil liberties, or civil rights. You favor an authoritarian state. So what the hell are you talking about?

I'll bet that you were one of those who said of the Patriot Act "What do you have to worry about, if you're not doing anything wrong?"
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Federal workers in Washington taking today off because it is snowing.
Lazy bums.
Who else gets a day off with pay for snow?
Unions made sure taxpayers have to pay for all government employees' days off including snow days even if the taxpayers have to get to work somehow to pay for all their paid free time off.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

81 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min LRS 174,934
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 20 min OnlyPatchWork 68,049
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 min ritedownthemiddle 45,836
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 473
Amy 7-28 2 hr Sublime1 16
get your prescribed drugs here from our Dr 2 hr Dr beckyhills 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr Eric 68,396
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Mister Tonka 97,562
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 2:52PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••