Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#869076 Mar 6, 2013
Weekly Address: Averting the Sequester and Finding a Balanced Approach to Deficit Reduction

Now, my preference – and the preference of many Members of Congress – is to do that in a balanced, comprehensive way, by making sensible changes to entitlement programs and reforming our tax code.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/20... -
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#869077 Mar 6, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Is religious discrimination a 'civil liberty' or a 'social right'? The religious right believes it's both...as long as their religion gets to do the discriminating...
How about owning guns?'Civil Liberty', or 'Social Right'?
And which of the two might exercising one's bodily autonomy be?
Just checking.
Phenomenal!
CATLIK KITTY

Chicago, IL

#869078 Mar 6, 2013
SO, UM, WHEN YOU BUY YOU ONE OF THEM "ASIAN GIRLS" OFF TOPIX CAN YOU RETURN THEM IF THEY CAIN'T COOK OR SUMTHIN'?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#869079 Mar 6, 2013
You wear stupidity like a Badge of Honor!!

After spending the entire Presidential campaign hammering Obama for 'cutting'$700 BILLION from Medicare, you come back now and say he won't cut anything??

You are either insane or bi-polar.

Either way, your double talk amounts to bupkis.

You sound as whacked out as O'Pervert did last night when Allen Colmes made him look the angry idiot he is.
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you getting tired of playing this game of having these showdowns every two or three months? The Republicans met Obama halfway in January and he wants to raise taxes again.
Tell me one thing Obama has proposed to cut in the budget.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#869080 Mar 6, 2013
Just a minute wrote:
<quoted text>
Impenetrable bubble? President Obama has already cut spending by about $1.5 trillion, which is a lot more than Republican policymakers cut during the Bush/Cheney when all they did was put new expenses on the national credit card. He has also offered hundreds of billions of dollars in additional cuts, as part of a bipartisan compromise, which the GOP refuses to consider.
Are you prepared to condemn Senate Republican obstructionism, which is preventing the Senate from doing its work?
Answer the question.
She's repeating Bill O'Reilly
TSM

El Paso, TX

#869081 Mar 6, 2013
I love how these Liberals that Love Hugo all live in the U.S.A.!! I see Carter/Penn couldn’t wait to express their Grieve!! Penn “I Lost a Good Friend” I wonder if Penn was one of Hugo Political Prisoner or a starving citizen would he be of the Same Opinion? I’m waiting for Obama to a send a Big Wet Kiss to Hugo!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#869082 Mar 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
For the umpteenth time., NO.
You are Not correct. You are wrong.
Those meat clever cuts were passed by Congress. They failed to compromise & make a deal.
I fear that even if we explain it to her all day, it still won't sink in. At the end of the day, she'll keep saying White House Tours cancelled.
Talk about a blockhead.
Carol? The sugar is eating your brain.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#869084 Mar 6, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you must be referring to CNN and CNBC getting a freakin grip. It was they, not I, who published this information.
Do you prioritize "social rights" over civil liberties in lieu of a concentration of power like the Venezuelans under Chavez?
You posted it.

" OMG OMG that fricken Obama & those GD Democrats did this & they did that" When in reality your post was misleading.

The worse part is you will ignore this & keep posting the same crap over & over.

My God, you right whiners have a new catch phrase. You do realize that Republicans are the ones pushing fewer civil liberties for some of our citizenship as they fight against Gay Marriage & look to limit abortions & use photo ID laws to deny the right to vote.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#869085 Mar 6, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>You thought Harry 'the hat' Reed was 'good'. So we know you aren't the sharpest tack in the box....
Harry Reid was Speaker of the House? When was that?

Look at the record of accomplishments; bills passed under Nancy Pelosi.
Then look at Boehners. Boehner has never gotten over a 25% approval rating; and this Congress, even lower.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#869086 Mar 6, 2013
Reid's a Mormon, just like your hero, Rmoney!!

He doesn't drink, and has been very effictive as Majority Leader in the Senate.

Boehner, OTOH, is clearly a drunk, with his alcoholic wet eyes and crying jags.

He can't even control his own people in the House.

The only reason he's still Speaker is that nobody else seems to want the job.

While you're still a low class nitwit.
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>You thought Harry 'the hat' Reed was 'good'. So we know you aren't the sharpest tack in the box....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#869087 Mar 6, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody with a big microphone needs to start getting mad. Because a lot of us without one sure are.
Who are you mad at and why? Boehner and McConnell? I understand.

The President said it best: I am not a dictator.

You're mad because the President can't make it all better? You have no idea how our government works, do you? Aren't you embarrassed about yourself, being over 60 and still acting like a 5th grader? You should go on that show and make a national fool of yourself.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#869088 Mar 6, 2013
after Brooks got smacked down by everyone for trying an 'O'Reilly'....

The above column was written in a mood of justified frustration over the fiscal idiocy that is about to envelop the nation. But in at least one respect I let my frustration get the better of me. It is true, as the director of the Congressional Budget Office has testified, that the administration has not proposed a specific anti-sequester proposal that can be scored or passed into law. It is not fair to suggest, as I did, that tax hikes for the rich is the sole content of the president’s approach. The White House has proposed various constructive changes to spending levels and entitlement programs. These changes are not nearly adequate in my view, but they do exist, and I should have acknowledged the balanced and tough-minded elements in the president’s approach.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/22/opinion/bro... ;

so the big difference between Brooks and O'Reilly?'everyone' doesn't pay attention to BillO.
Rabbi Mi Lamar

Brooklyn, NY

#869089 Mar 6, 2013
orkin33 wrote:
GEEZ WHAT KINDA RABBI IS THAT?
Only the best kind that would rather slap you with my enormous gorilla balls than debate on sequestering.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#869090 Mar 6, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
she is Bill O'Reilly.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#869091 Mar 6, 2013
Floridas History Prof wrote:
<quoted text>
NASCAR is for low IQ rednecks who don't know their country's history.
Shining Electron: Oooh, car go by... car come back... car go by... car come back...
Wooo!
Sure beats the NBA....
Just a minute

Mineola, NY

#869092 Mar 6, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I picked upon that up last night. She must have watched it and came directly to this forum when the show ended. I take it she's a big fan. Lol, she's an O'Reilly worshipper.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#869093 Mar 6, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Projecting much Carol? The middle class didn't get their taxes raised outside of the payroll tax holiday which was never meant to be permanent. The GOP has never cared about the middle class and have constantly thrown road blocks up on any legislation that would increase jobs.
Nancy Pelosi and other Democrats don't fly around in fancy private jets you goddamn liar, they fly commercial like everyone else. The only member of Congress that gets a private jet is the Speaker of the House currently Republican John Boehner.
"Middle class" is a value set, not an income level.

Middle class taxpayers will pay higher taxes on dividends and capital gains, not to mention the numerous tax increases embedded in Obamacare.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#869094 Mar 6, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately much as what occurred in Venezuela over the last 15 years, the takers in our society have begun to outnumber the makers. The losers in Venezuela took to the streets to mourn their dictator, who plundered their economy for personal wealth, because he handed out free bread to them. Just like the losers of our country elected a president based on the freebies that he promised.
This is one day where it is possible to be jealous of Venezuelans.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#869095 Mar 6, 2013
THE DEBIL wrote:
LESSEE... "BRING IT ON." WHAT THAT MEAN EXACTLY? WHAT YOU WANT, BROUGHT ON? OH, DEBIL GET IT, THIS GEORGE BUSH JR., AIN'T IT? YOU LIKE TO TALK TOUGH IN ONE OF THEM SQUEAKY L'IL TEXAS VOICES ABOUT HOW YOU GON' TAKE THE BATTLE TO THE ENEMY, AN' MISSION ACCOMPLISHED AN' STUFF... DEBIL GET IT. K. DEBIL DON' MIND IF HE DOES...
HEHEHEHEHEH, IT ALL SLIPPIN' AWAY, CRACKER, IT ALL SLIPPIN' AWAY... I MEAN, COLONEL... SERGEANT? ANYWAYS, WE SEE YOU ON THE PONDEROSA, HOSS.
34 minutes? Is that some kinda record?

Thanks for playing.

")
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#869096 Mar 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar
The idea was to force spending cuts.
Congress was supposed to provide smarter cuts & they failed.
Obama refused to allow Congress to back out of the deal.
Right now he is still trying to get Congress to come up with better ways to cut.
Congress was willing to provide "smarter cuts", but Obama insisted on more tax increases instead.

Taxed Enough Already.

Starve the government beast.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 39 min SpaceBlues 48,585
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques Ottawa 180,917
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 1 hr Gary Seven 38
My true thoughts about this song. 2 hr dumbwhore 2
EverGreen Belgrade 5 hr aqif blyta 11
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 5 hr Swedenforever 54,527
Aldi's is the Worst Supermarket Chain (Jun '12) 7 hr Jamie 330
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:26 pm PST

Bleacher Report 7:26PM