Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 39,986)

Showing posts 799,701 - 799,720 of1,034,107
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Smack! Was that a mosquito or a drone? cleahtechnica.com

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>As Chrysler announces 1500 new jobs in Kokomo Indiana this week.
You're knowledge of industry is pathetic pal.
Chrysler is based in the USA and is piling up profits on top of profits paying worker bonuses and all the other yada yada. Jeep in Toledo is producing at it's highest rate in history helping that city crawl out of near bankruptcy to become one of the healthiest economies in the Midwest manufacturing (rust) belt.
You missed his point. As usual.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

NRA To African Americans: You’ll Need Guns To Protect Yourselves From The Government

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/03/02/1...

sounds like a plan.

don't all you wingnuts want black people to have more guns? i know i do.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
Smack! Was that a mosquito or a drone? cleahtechnica.com
Crap in a hat!!! That should be cleantechnica.com

Since: Nov 09

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

At the current pace, in the next 1,400 days of Obama's term:

DBWriter will ask "Where is the money for Obama's government" 9,500 times.
Waxtrurd will award himself 280,000 brilliant judge-its.
Shinningshitforbrains will make 26,350 whining rants.
John Galt will arrive at 0 logical conclusions.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> You missed his point. As usual.
Yeah? Well please explain what that point was?

Oh, and you missed sonics points this morning that debunked your Obama budget bullshit.
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Maxine Waters: "Se-Crest-Ation" ?

170 MILLION Jobs < Lost > ?

AHaHaaaHaaaaaa ...!

What's wrong with this woman? Can't she get anything right?

She can't even pronounce the word SE-QUES-TRA-TION correctly, let alone state The Facts regarding the number of jobs that would be lost due to "SE-CREST-ATION"; which she said at least 6 times. Can we get a 7th? A Hellelujer?

170 MILLION ? GTHOH !!! Sit Down AND STHU Maxie !

AHaaHaaaHeeHEE !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with these people? Don't they know when to leave things alone?
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
At the current pace, in the next 1,400 days of Obama's term:
DBWriter will ask "Where is the money for Obama's government" 9,500 times.
Waxtrurd will award himself 280,000 brilliant judge-its.
Shinningshitforbrains will make 26,350 whining rants.
John Galt will arrive at 0 logical conclusions.
Here's 75 agree brilliant agrees
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Our deeply unbalanced fiscal debate
At a presser today, President Obama was peppered with questions from reporters who demanded to know if there is anything he can do to dislodge Republicans from their no-compromise stance. One suggested locking Republicans in a room until a deal is reached. Obama responded that he is “not a dictator.”
This is already being met with skepticism (see Ron Fournier, a determined advocate for the “GOP is uncompromising but the president must lead” point of view).
Let’s put aside the question of whether there is more that Obama could do to lead the GOP out of its intransigence. It’s becoming apparent that many simply don’t appreciate the true nature of the actual GOP position in this debate. So here’s a thought experiment designed to drive it home.
Imagine that Mitt Romney had been elected president last November with 51 percent of the vote. Obama’s platform — a mix of tax hikes and spending cuts, including cuts to entitlements — was soundly rejected, ending his presidency. Instead, voters chose Romney’s vision — we must get our fiscal problems under control only with deep spending cuts.
In that context, imagine if the lead article of the New York Times this morning had said this (warning: this is not a real article):
Reid halts talks on cuts, and Democrats cheer
WASHINGTON — Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has come around to the idea that the best negotiations are no negotiations.
As the president and Congressional Republicans have tried to force Mr. Reid back to the table for talks to head off the automatic sequestration set to take effect on Friday, Mr. Reid has instead dug in deeper, refusing to even discuss any more spending cuts and insisting in his typical colorful language that it was time for the House to produce a measure aimed at averting the crisis.
“The spending cut issue is now closed,” Mr. Reid said Thursday, before the Senate left town for the weekend. Mr. Reid argued that Democrats had already agreed to $1.5 trillion in spending cuts in 2011, and that the dispute with Republicans amounted to a question of “how much more money do we want to steal from government programs the American people rely on.”
“I’m for no more,” Reid said.
Senate Democrats could not be more pleased with their leader for drawing a line against any more spending cuts, and for insisting that our remaining fiscal problems be resolved only with new tax hikes.“Friday will be an important day that shows we’re finally willing to stand and fight for liberal principles,” said Senator Jeff Merkley, a leading liberal.“That will be a big victory.”
This is, of course, a tweaked version of the article that actually did lead the New York Times today, which reported that John Boehner is leaving town without budging from his no-new-revenues stance, to the “cheers” of House Republicans. I’ve simply substituted Reid and Democrats for Boehner and Republicans, and subbed in a fictional position for Democrats — no more spending cuts of any kind, ever; we must only resolve our fiscal problems through tax hikes. This is a rough approximation (in reverse) of the current GOP stance.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line...
Republicans unpopular with American voters
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
He kept Romney out of the White House.
75 brilliant agree interesting
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
NRA To African Americans: You’ll Need Guns To Protect Yourselves From The Government
sounds like a plan.
Lol
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol happy her loopholes intact to protect her billions
DemoCreeps

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol happy her loopholes intact to protect her billions
Are you talking about Warren Buffet? Maybe Al Jazerra Gore or John "Hienz" Kerry?

No, you must be referring to former Governor/DemoCreep Jon "lost the billions of other people's money" Corzine, Obama's money handler former CEO of MF Global?

Are these DemoCreeps the billionaires you mean lily?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
i never would have guessed.

oh that's right, i don't need to guess.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
bigger laugh...

Fear of a Black Gun Owner

Ironically, the NRA used to support gun control -- when the Black Panthers started packing.

http://www.theroot.com/views/fear-black-gun-o...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>As Chrysler announces 1500 new jobs in Kokomo Indiana this week.
You're knowledge of industry is pathetic pal.
Chrysler is based in the USA and is piling up profits on top of profits paying worker bonuses and all the other yada yada. Jeep in Toledo is producing at it's highest rate in history helping that city crawl out of near bankruptcy to become one of the healthiest economies in the Midwest manufacturing (rust) belt.
Go play in a freeway, troll. I never said anything about where Chrysler was based. A foreign company is getting most of chrysler's profits, and like chrysler (and toyota for that matter), the pipeline will create american jobs. you leftwing sheep are so blinded by partisanship that you can't comprehend simple statements.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> I don't remember which years but I do remember the two he did summit didn't get a single vote in either house.
You called e a liar. Now back it up or STFU.

Or should I prove just how uninformed you are once again.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> You missed his point. As usual.
Today's moderates are so partisan. lol

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
president nobama is much like you. He lives in La La Land. He submits budgets that he knows will not pass. The budgets he offers are so phoney he can not even get a single democrat to vote for them.
Peace
KMA
Whether you like the budgets or not does not change the FACT they were submitted.

If you were an educated, informed person you would know the budgets submitted by the Presidents are not voted on but rather go to the various committees for evaluation & changes.

Putting the submitted budget to a vote is just playing politics

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
sounds like a plan.
Nice spin

"No one wants to fight for their protection, they want the government to do it. The same government who at one point hosed us down with water, attacked us with dogs, wouldn’t allow us to eat at their restaurants and told us we couldn’t own guns.[...] The only person responsible for your safety is you. Cops can’t always be there. Obama definitely can’t be there. Guy telling me to get rid of my guns when I need them the most, isn’t my friend, isn’t looking out for my best interests and doesn’t speak for me or the community that I’m part of."

here's the point (for realtime's sake)

"The only person responsible for your safety is you. Cops can’t always be there."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 799,701 - 799,720 of1,034,107
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

60 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min ritedownthemiddle 42,991
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 min edogxxx 96,133
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 9 min arby 6,534
Amy 4-19 12 min PEllen 7
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 13 min arby 504
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min wojar 167,596
Cook County issues 1,000th gay marriage license 53 min Rainbow Kid 5
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search