Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
799,381 - 799,400 of 1,084,111 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Lily, I think you're wrong on this one. The medical examiner disagrees with the family who appear to be attempting to create drama. The young man who has been arrested was in a friendship/relationship with the deceased who's body is said to have injuries consistent with a beating but not dragging or burning.
A domestic dispute rather than a hate crime.
The town is about 60% black and blacks have controlled politics, and music, in that part of Mississippi for years__it's like the real birthplace of the blues.
I know you said that yesterday; and assume you read about that on CNN; however, the final report won't be ready for 2 weeks and the family is saying he was burned; let's see what happens. Yes, I could be wrong, I'm not trying to be right, just saying let the investigation unfold. Apparently that ME didn't have permission to make such a comment is what I have read.
Nevertheless, sad for the family to lose a son with such promise.
BTW, Mississippi just recently voted on the 13th ammendment banning slavery! What a state.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals want to make sure their daughters have access to birth control pills. Herpes is manageable, right?
Republicans in power are pro abortion as their daughters seem active as well.
Roe V Wade in no trouble under either Bush, G W or G H W
Point!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Government controls healthcare. Problem made 1000 times worse. I will agree a balance between people taking care of most of their health care costs and insurance for catastrophic illness/injury is the best solution.
Government collects the taxes; negotiates the cost of procedures and drugs that is the same and equitable for everyone. No one is denied, no copays, no deductibles, no denial because of pre existing conditions; in other words, all that insurance mumbo jumbo would be eliminated completely. The only way an insurance company makes a profit is by taking in more than they pay out. They have a vested interest in denying services; and the CEO is beholden to a board of directors, rather than the policy holders.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Did you notice that even though he paid cash he had to 'work' with the insurance provider to get reimbursed? Brainwashing runs deep.
They don't know how to take care of themselves.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Point!
Bush Sr. was on the board of Planned Parenthood; was totally pro birthcontrol, pro choice; till he got elected President.
It's sad that elected officials have to be liars and panderers to the far right; sell their souls.
Florida

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope... it rains up the noses of certain worms today...and causes some momentary congestion but GOOD.
Flippin idiots.
Ever get the feeling your brain trotted off without loser?
-
It's scary when you start posting noise, the same noises as a coffee maker you idiot...
-
It's the culture...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans hate the poor and middle classes, love those with elevators for their autos.
Yes, hence the quest to drug test welfare recipients. That was a bomb, wasn't it?
Now there is a national push for that. It never ends; the desire to punish people for being poor.
HOPE

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

WHAT A JOKE Michelle Obama says children living in dangerous neighborhoods should exercise indoors

GET your husband to do his job how come your kids are safe why not do the same for all the kids in america lolololol these people live in the mirror
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22881...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The Temecula hospital is small and still under construction.
The Kaiser facility is still just talk and, I would assume, primarily for members of that HMO if ever built.
Two hundred fifty bed isn't exactly Cedars Sinai but it's not small and there is a good sized hospital just miles away in Murietta and a VA/military hospital just over the hill at Camp Pendleton for those with TriCare.

Stop being a mutt Galt, you can google this shyt.

I actually have a friend who lives there in a pretty nice little enclave of ranchettes with horses. She's an engineer and just loves that area.
Florida

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Jealousy Florida is when you want what you can't have..and don't want to work for it.
Those who wish to sing...always find a song.

LOL.. "No Surprize" post farting in his rear view mirror, in his own gaseous, tailpipe wind storm. Sometimes "No Surprize" has to do more with his mouth than just polish head...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Scott takes drug testing of welfare recipients to Supreme Court
by Dara Kam | February 26th, 2013

Gov. Rick Scott will appeal a federal court ruling upholding a ban on drug testing of Florida welfare recipients.

The 11th Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta found that Scott’s lawyers did not make the case for lifting the injunction on the urine tests for people applying for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families. A federal judge in Florida issued the temporary injunction in October 2011, finding the law – pushed by Scott in his first year in office – violated the constitutional protection against unreasonable searches and seizures by the government.

The simple fact of seeking public assistance does not deprive a TANF applicant of the same constitutional protection from unreasonable searches that all other citizens enjoy,” wrote Judge Rosemary Barkett in the 38-page opinion.

But Scott issued a statement said he would appeal the decision to the U.S. Supreme Court.

http://www.postonpolitics.com/2013/02/scott-t...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Government collects the taxes; negotiates the cost of procedures and drugs that is the same and equitable for everyone. No one is denied, no copays, no deductibles, no denial because of pre existing conditions; in other words, all that insurance mumbo jumbo would be eliminated completely. The only way an insurance company makes a profit is by taking in more than they pay out. They have a vested interest in denying services; and the CEO is beholden to a board of directors, rather than the policy holders.
You just keep living in that Land of Oz if you think the government can contain health care costs.
HOPE

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

This Lady should just continue to dance and jump around do oscar speeches because this statement just sounds STUPID. First lady Michelle Obama said Monday that kids living in unsafe neighborhoods should find creative ways to exercise indoors.
'We as the community, the adults surrounding these kids, we’ve got to get creative,' Obama said during a Google Hangout Monday.'I would encourage parents that if they also find themselves in a situation where they can’t get outside, then let’s figure out what we can do indoors because it doesn’t take the great outdoors to be moving every day.'
Obama made the remarks in response to a parent who voiced concerns over the recent shooting death of Hadiya Pendleton, a 15-year-old Chicago girl who was killed at a park near her school.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22881...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Point!
TALLAHASSEE – Facing the potential for discord with his own party, Gov. Rick Scott kicked off the third lawmaking session of his term Tuesday by repeating his calls for higher teacher salaries and bigger tax-breaks for businesses.

Scott officially christened his third year on the job touting how he and the Republican-led Legislature had cut spending without raising taxes, and could now afford to undo some of the punishing cuts made to education.

day after the House signaled it wouldn’t go along with Scott’s call to expand Medicaid, Scott steered his ambitions for the session with a laser focus on his top priorities to give $2,500 pay-hikes to teachers and $141 million in tax breaks for manufacturers buying equipment.

“We don’t want a war on teachers. We want a war on failure,” Scott said.“Teachers change lives.”

Scott reserved any mention of the Medicaid expansion for end of his remarks, where he said “I cannot, in good conscience, deny the uninsured access to care.”

That fight is looking bleak this year.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_politic...
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush Sr. was on the board of Planned Parenthood; was totally pro birthcontrol, pro choice; till he got elected President.
It's sad that elected officials have to be liars and panderers to the far right; sell their souls.
OBAMA to the far left!!! LOL
Florida

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

lily waxman raton fl wrote:
<quoted text> You're right...you look stupid; the first thing you need to do is change your party enrollment. The next thing you need to do is move your cardboard box behind the Boca warehouse and seriously contemplate suicide.
We all know mirrors don't lie, you should be grateful they don't laugh you idiot...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)— At the Supreme Court today, Justice Antonin Scalia told his fellow Justices how privileged he felt to serve on the highest court in the land, adding,“I can say stuff here that got me fired at Kinko’s.”

Responding to quizzical looks from his fellow Justices, Scalia related a little-known chapter from his career, when he briefly worked for the copying establishment in the mid-nineteen-seventies.

“They were pretty uptight,” he reminisced.“It seemed like every time I opened my mouth I got hauled into H.R.”

According to Justice Scalia,“The gal in Human Resources told me,‘Nino, you can’t just go around insulting blacks and women and whatnot. There’s not a workplace in the country that will tolerate that.’&#8201;”

Well, guess what? She was right—until I got this job,” he chuckled.

But even as he expressed gratitude for the freedom to offend gays, minorities, and women in his current position, Mr. Scalia admitted,“It has basically spoiled me for life in the real world.”

“I’ll be at some ballgame shooting my mouth off, and suddenly I’m face down in the ground with someone’s foot up my ass,” he said.“And then I’ll have to remind myself,‘Nino, if you’ve got something to say, save it for the Supreme Court.’&#8201;”

Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowit...
Florida

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

lily waxman raton fl wrote:
<quoted text> OBAMA to the far left!!! LOL
LOL.. "No Surprize" post farting in his rear view mirror, in his own gaseous, tailpipe wind storm. Sometimes "No Surprize" has to do more with his mouth than just polish head...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Did you notice that even though he paid cash he had to 'work' with the insurance provider to get reimbursed? Brainwashing runs deep.
I didn't pay cash you ignorant fk I didn't even have a CT scan. I agreed with Eman that it was cheaper to get a CT scan at an imaging clinic if you paid cash.

Some imaging centers will not accept health insurance, requiring cash, not just for CT scans but for their other services. They do however accept MediCare and MediCaid in my area. If they didn't they wouldn't exist.

You get dumber every day pal.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who wish to sing...always find a song.
LOL.. "No Surprize" Florida post farting in his rear view mirror, in my own gaseous, tailpipe wind storm. Sometimes "No Surprize" Florida has to do more with his mouth than just polish head...
You can fake your smiles and laughter Florida, but can never fake your ignorance and stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

114 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 7-31 6 min Kuuipo 9
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,451
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Learn to Read 175,160
Abby 7-31 14 min Kuuipo 5
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 29 min truth 1,876
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 36 min RACE 97,585
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Audit 3,853
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info