Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 39,967)

Showing posts 799,321 - 799,340 of1,032,960
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

VIDEO: How The GOP Constantly Pretends Spending Cuts Haven’t Happened

Between the spring 2011 budget fight, the debt ceiling debacle, and the so-called “fiscal cliff,” the United States has cut almost $1.5 trillion in spending over the next decade, plus saving roughly $200 billion more in lower interest payments.

In fact, at the Wall Street Journal breakfast featured in the video, reporter Lori Montgomery brought up all these previous cuts point blank with Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI). Ryan’s rejoinder encapsulated the entire bizarre kabuki dance:“That was last session. We’re going forward now.” Montgomery and the other reporters literally busted out laughing in response.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2013/03/01/1...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republicans are doing exactly what they should be doing. Playing chicken with a president who takes and never gives and never does what he promises.
In the game of chicken, the chicken always looks away or veers off first. It's actually come down to this. A president who likes to play games to win rather than solve problems.
The Jerk-In-Chief treats the country the same way he treats the deficit: "Hell, it ain't *MY* money!!"
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

The Sequester Game of Chicken

Just as in 1995, Republicans believe they hold all the high cards. They are 100 percent certain that Barack Obama will buckle and accede to their demands because voters will blame him, rather than them, for any negative consequences resulting from sequestration. The fact that polls universally show that people primarily blame Republicans in Congress appears not to have penetrated their consciousness.

My guess is that the sequestration will be of short duration. In fact, it will last exactly until March 27. That is the day when the appropriations for fiscal year 2013, which began on October 1 last year, run out. Republicans have persistently refused to do their basic work by funding the federal government because they think, just as they did in 1995, that the threat of a government shutdown will force a Democratic president to bow to their will.

Thus far, there is no evidence that Obama is in a mood to be rolled by Republicans. He does not have to run for re-election and he feels confident that the public will blame Republicans in Congress rather than him when the you-know-what hits the fan. I think he believes the government can weather a brief sequester and that Republicans will, ultimately agree to end it when they are forced to finally pass 2013’s appropriations.

I think this is a reasonable assumption. A new report from the Bipartisan Policy Center notes that past sequesters have never been permitted to run their course. It’s such an incredibly stupid way to cut spending that Congress has always relented.

It’s childish and immature for Republicans to behave as if control of one house of Congress somehow gives them a mandate to impose their will on the entire government. But such is the sad state of the Republican Party today, in which a desire to avenge past slights carries more weight than responsibility does.

Read more at http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Columns/2013/03...

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't have to come right out and use the word "lie" in the language.
Woodward uses synonyms in his book that means "lie" as well as in every interview.
If you heard the entire interview, you'd be embarrassed splitting such a thin hair.
It's like saying I don't like using the word "hate" but would rather say "distrust", "loathe" and "despise" instead. The meaning is still crystal clear.
Woodward has balls and yet speaks like a gentleman.

The Boy Messiah plays with balls and lies like a car salesman.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
mediamatters?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA
Hannity? FOX?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
An insecure man steals the identities of women who intimidate him.
He's an envious cross-dresser. Thinks he's got better lipstick than you do.

Meanwhile, no one cares about the lipstick but your consistently having the better arguments.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. There are still a few of us left in this world.
Count me in behind you.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

"No, I did not feel threatened," Woodward responded. "What I have said, David, and come on, you are making, putting words in my mouth. I said I don't think this is the way to operate. And you and I have had many discussions. You've never said to me, Oh, you're going to regret doing that, am I correct?"

"Yes, but this was a specific discussion about a specific point you had raised," Axelrod said. "It seemed like Gene was, in that email, certainly was very, very polite in the way that he pushed back on that. I'm not putting words in your mouth, Bob. It's your newspaper that said you said you were threatened."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/a...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
VIDEO: How The GOP Constantly Pretends Spending Cuts Haven’t Happened
Between the spring 2011 budget fight, the debt ceiling debacle, and the so-called “fiscal cliff,” the United States has cut almost $1.5 trillion in spending over the next decade, plus saving roughly $200 billion more in lower interest payments.
In fact, at the Wall Street Journal breakfast featured in the video, reporter Lori Montgomery brought up all these previous cuts point blank with Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI). Ryan’s rejoinder encapsulated the entire bizarre kabuki dance:“That was last session. We’re going forward now.” Montgomery and the other reporters literally busted out laughing in response.
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2013/03/01/1...
sonicfilter continues to provide the moronic justification for the need of cut-n-paste redundancies.

A deranged rumor goes in your ear Polly Parrot, straight out of your mouth..
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Hannity? FOX?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
sonicfilter has NO fear of perfection, you'll never achieve it..

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Uh There is a difference between a press conference and standing in front of a crowd flapping your gums reading off a teleprompter. Captain Campaigner rides again!!! Somebody ought to tell the clown the election is over.
The Boy Messiah's motivation in all that he does is derived from crowd adulation of NAACP crowd women bouncing theirs boobs and union fools swinging posters and wetting their pants before him.

To him, integrity is only for fools, drunks and little kids.
Following wind direction is everything.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Woodward told Hannity that the President should be questioned about
Bill Ayers!!!
Hannity calls Congressman Keith Ellison a black muslim!
Here we go, off into nutville, and Carols still talking about 57 states!
You just tipped your hand again calling sane people crazy!

I love it!

How did you ever get out of the Straight-Jacket?
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
"No, I did not feel threatened," Woodward responded. "What I have said, David, and come on, you are making, putting words in my mouth. I said I don't think this is the way to operate. And you and I have had many discussions. You've never said to me, Oh, you're going to regret doing that, am I correct?"
"Yes, but this was a specific discussion about a specific point you had raised," Axelrod said. "It seemed like Gene was, in that email, certainly was very, very polite in the way that he pushed back on that. I'm not putting words in your mouth, Bob. It's your newspaper that said you said you were threatened."
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/a...
I heard Woodward speak about this last night.

What you are portraying here is selective and not the whole story.

Pure selective propoganda is all you ever post.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>sonicfilter continues to provide the moronic justification for the need of cut-n-paste redundancies.
A deranged rumor goes in your ear Polly Parrot, straight out of your mouth..
sonicflutter's chandelier is a few light bulbs short.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
mediamatters?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA
I recommend the Job Corps for sonicfilter. A free education and training program that would teach him a career, other than his clown act cut-n-paste.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
sonicflutter's chandelier is a few light bulbs short.
LOL.. WE don't have to worry about what "sonicfilter" thinks. He doesn't do it very often anyway.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
“The Jewish Community Relations Council of Minnesota and the Dakotas (JCRC) condemns in the strongest possible terms a recent hateful political attack ad focusing on Representative Keith Ellison’s religion. The ad rings in character impugnment tied to religious faith and not Representative Ellison’s actions as a public official.
“Representative Ellison is a friend to the Jewish community and we have enjoyed a strong working relationship with him since he assumed office in 2006. Even when there are significant issues on which we disagree, we appreciate and respect working with Representative Ellison.
“The Constitution of the United States of America guarantees that ‘no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.’ To paraphrase Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., this means that we elect our elected officials based upon the content of their character, not their faith.”
http://preview2.minndakjcrc.org/wp/2012/jcrc-...
He belongs to the Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party? He hails from Detroit? He has worked closely with Barney Frank to eliminate bad credit for losers?

Go Copy-n-Paste on Sesame St, boy.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
"Love gives a power to my life... Love can perform a wondrous labour which I have learned internally, and all the good or bad in me takes on a penetrating savour, changing my soul so it can be consumed in a delicious flame." So there, debil, I love you with all my heart and you must love me too or you wouldn't be following around trying to torment me.
Go fart in a jar and then put it over your head.

That's loving yourself, debil.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
The so-called "sequester" is here, there are no new tax increases, and the sun is shining.
What a great day!
Right at this moment, White House staffers are inflating a thousand blow-up dolls. They'll be laid out in front of the White House to demonstrate just how many Seniors have died from Meals-On-Wheels cuts. Nancy Paloosi, Hairy Reed and Margie whats-her-name will show up to make some tear-jerk speeches over them for the ABC News cameras, Oprah and Katie Couric.

Afterwards, there will be a Pepito-Bismol party with barf buckets on hand.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
austerity doesn't work.
fact.
sonicfilter: "austerity doesn't work. Stupidity does"

wow. That's one helluva clarion call to jump over the cliff!

Wear a helmet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 799,321 - 799,340 of1,032,960
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]