Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
798,861 - 798,880 of 1,100,230 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#867967 Mar 4, 2013
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeal of Glass-Steagall was bi-partisan:
The bill that ultimately repealed the Act was introduced in the Senate by Phil Gramm (Republican of Texas) and in the House of Representatives by Jim Leach (R-Iowa) in 1999. The bills were passed by a Republican majority, basically following party lines by a 54–44 vote in the Senate and by a bi-partisan 343–86 vote in the House of Representatives.
After passing both the Senate and House the bill was moved to a conference committee to work out the differences between the Senate and House versions. The final bill resolving the differences was passed in the Senate 90–8 (one not voting) and in the House: 362–57 (15 not voting). The legislation was signed into law by President Bill Clinton on November 12, 1999.[12]
Hah, LMAO at Nobama who eventually developed a bad case of forgetfulness.

This was from back around pg 8500, there was some terrific stuff going on back then__unlike now.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#867968 Mar 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You're a stupid little twot eman and everyone here but you knows it.
Speak for yourself, Moonbat.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#867969 Mar 4, 2013
Ad Celebrates Brewer’s Medicaid Expansion As ‘Fiscally Conservative’

"Gov. Brewer's conservative plan will keep our state's budget balanced while providing quality health care to Arizona's citizens so we can focus our budget on what matters most, like education, public safety and growing our economy," the narrator said in the spot. It closed by urging Arizonans to contact their legislators to pledge support for Brewer's "fiscally conservative Medicaid plan."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/a...

so there ya go. fiscally conservative.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#867970 Mar 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>No, I'm the one who asked Carol to explain it__again. She was after all a nurse.
Eman jumped in as usual and fkd up as usual.
The only thing I fkd up was the game you were playing, troll.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#867971 Mar 4, 2013
Continuing to Get the 2012 Election Wrong

Steve Kornacki interviews Newt Gingrich, who demonstrates some awareness of the distorting effects of the GOP echo chamber, but then says this:

First, there was a belief in economic determinism, that you couldn’t have that level of unemployment and have a president get re-elected. So people just sort of had a bias that as long as the economy stayed bad, he would lose. And of course they proved that in many ways identity politics beat economic politics, which I think is a considerable achievement [bold mine-DL].

Here we see Gingrich continuing to advance the common Republican misreading of the economy that created so many of their false expectations about the 2012 outcome. According to this view, the economic fundamentals pointed to a Republican win, but the truth all along was that the fundamentals consistently favored Obama. The assumption that the state of the economy would drive most voters’ decision-making was not wrong. Republicans failed to take into account the actual state of the economy and minimized the importance of the slow, gradual improvement that had been happening in the previous three years.

It certainly didn’t hurt Obama’s chances that many Americans still held Bush responsible for the country’s woes, which created a significant obstacle to Republican efforts to pin blame on the incumbent, but that wasn’t the only problem. Republicans couldn’t distinguish their economic agenda from Bush’s economic record because there was little or no substantive difference between them, and the economic agenda that their nominee presented also happened to be irrelevant to most voters. The outcome wasn’t proof that “identity politics beat economic politics.” Republicans assumed from the beginning that they would prevail in a contest defined by economic politics when they had little or nothing of interest to say to the electorate. Gingrich later on acknowledges that “in the real world [Republicans] were kidding ourselves” and criticizes it as a failing, but it seems that when it comes to making sense of the role of the economy in the 2012 election Gingrich continues to do just that.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#867972 Mar 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You're a stupid little twot eman and everyone here but you knows it.
Oooooo, the troll is getting angry. Lol
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#867973 Mar 4, 2013
To Those Who Attempted To Shut Down This Thread ...

Who Threatened To Shut Down The Dissenting Voices Of "Particular" Posters ...

My, My, My, MY, MYEYE ...

It's As I Warned ... Now You Are:

Morta!

All Dead!

To The Morgue!

And The Sun Rises!

Molto Bene!

Ciao A'Tutti!... ;)

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#867974 Mar 4, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The true measure of a person is not the counting of their failures but the listing of their attempts to fix those failures.
You don't even have a list, Dood..
I feel bad for whomever has to clean the room when his head explodes.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#867975 Mar 4, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The true measure of a person is not the counting of their failures but the listing of their attempts to fix those failures.
You don't even have a list, Dood..
Bronach. Hey dude whatever happened to your arch nemesis "Bronach the Liar?"

You do know that you google topix posters right? See where they post, figure out whose here for fun, for money or to feed their insanity.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#867976 Mar 4, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> How long have I been trying to tell them that?
Until one of their handlers say it, they will never understand.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#867977 Mar 4, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Heritage linked to Rasmussen. discard.
One-in-four voters rate the U.S. health care system as poor, but most expect the system to get worse over the next couple of years. Blah, blah, barf...
Spammer: The act of obnoxiously doing repeated cut-n-paste for attention or in order to disturb others. sonicfilter, a deranged dumbass on a forum, running on complete empty, a moron posting inane crap or delusional spam of no relevance for only their deranged amusement to create inane argument.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#867978 Mar 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Bronach. Hey dude whatever happened to your arch nemesis "Bronach the Liar?"
You do know that you google topix posters right? See where they post, figure out whose here for fun, for money or to feed their insanity.
Bronach?

Means nothing to me.
THE CHILDREN OF SATAN

Fayetteville, NC

#867979 Mar 4, 2013

THE ANTICHRIST SONS OF SATAN PLAN MASS MURDER MARCH 2013!!!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#867980 Mar 4, 2013
8 Retailers Closing The Most Stores 2013

Best Buy 200 to 250

Barnes & Nobles 190 to 240

KMart 170 to 125 Sears 100 to 125

JCPenny 300 to 350

Office Depot 125 to 150

Gamestop 500 to 600

OfficeMax 150 to 175

RadioShack 450 to 550

Freight levels down 50% lowest since 2008-2009

WalMart having trouble restocking shelves as revenue declines.

Yeah things are looking great out there. In four tears we will all be on the dole.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#867981 Mar 4, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooooo, the troll is getting angry. Lol
Yeah listen up ahole, I don't get worked up over fools like you but simply check in here daily to learn about what's really going on in the political world.

So today we learned that Iran doesn't like being talked down to by the likes of Joe Biden and that the press is really pizzed that the Worm could get into a place that they couldn't. To the point that the thirty other BB guy's don't even have names. Hah!

You fret way too much boy__kinda like the the insecure Carol who you often answer for__what's up with that anyway?

That said__today over forty Syrian regular army deserters were murdered as they were being returned to Syria by the Iraq government-military. Weird eh?

The Syrian's hauled azz rather than fight the rebels__what is it about these "folks" that makes them want to run for their lives when the shyt hits?

And what is it about mutts like McCain, Graham and fools like you that continue to present these cowards ans dangerous to US security.

We should be sending those cowards Nike running shoes instead of military hardware.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#867982 Mar 4, 2013
Figures the one day I have time to hang about on here no one is here.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#867983 Mar 4, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Spammer: The act of obnoxiously doing repeated cut-n-paste for attention or in order to disturb others. sonicfilter, a deranged dumbass on a forum, running on complete empty, a moron posting inane crap or delusional spam of no relevance for only their deranged amusement to create inane argument.
a little originality in your troll agenda would make a for nice change. last months' insults just don't have the same bait factor as some new stuff would.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#867984 Mar 4, 2013
Years ago - you won't believe what Zappa said in under one minute. Pretty much summarized the Dumbing Down of America...

Will you or do you homeschool/Unschool your children?

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/03/zappa-pub...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
dem

Clifton, NJ

#867985 Mar 4, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Until one of their handlers say it, they will never understand.
wheres your husband gunner, lady?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#867986 Mar 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama can't sign a budget until Congress passes one. dumbass.
"real dumb"
We have no worries, at least for a couple of years. There will be no budget presented to the president. The senate controlled by democrats refuses to vote on budgets passed by the house.
Peace
KMA

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min wojar 177,385
Diversity is a codeword for white genocide 26 min 587uioy 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 68,991
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 46,316
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 2 hr SLY WEST 299
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr edogxxx 97,934
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 2 hr SLY WEST 7,749
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info