Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
798,621 - 798,640 of 1,100,045 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#867693 Mar 4, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
63% of GOP Voters Think Republicans in Congress Out of Touch
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
seems pretty straightforward to me.
You are changing the subject.

You closed with:

"confused would be those who think that an unpopular ideology and it's related unpopular 'policies' are what's best for the American "
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#867694 Mar 4, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it, John. Just tap dance around my post, Fred Astaire style.
As for your accusations, they're totally lame.
The Republican party has become Israel's obedient slaves, to the point where they are willing to put this country in danger for the benefit of Israel.
Can you spell t-r-e-a-s-o-n John?
I knew that you could.
Sure. If Obama continues to provide military aid to radical Islamist enemies of the United States, he may be subject to trial for t-r-e-a-s-o-n.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#867695 Mar 4, 2013
Cway wrote:
John,
Let me give you an example of Israeli "dependability".
On 9-11, five Israelis set up video cameras in Liberty State Park, New Jersey, and filmed the attack on the Twin Towers as it began, according to residents who observed them.
The five Israelis were later arrested by the FBI.
Two were later identified as MOSSAD agents.
So these five knew the attack was coming as evidenced by their setting up cameras to record it, and two were Israeli spies.
So how come they didn't pass on the information to us?
That's dependable?
We have a "truther."

You (Ghost) and lily.

Maybe Homer as well.
Cway

United States

#867696 Mar 4, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>December 16,1998 WASHINGTON (CNN)-- From the Oval Office, President Clinton told the nation Wednesday evening why he ordered new military strikes and bombings against Iraq and starts war with Iraq.
"Saddam (Hussein) must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with NUCLEAR ARMS, poison gas or biological weapons," Clinton said.
Our mission is to attack Iraq's NUCLEAR, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors," said Clinton.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ENAV_UoIfgcXX&feature=rel ated
There are morons who seem angry and continuously look for conflict. The battle RealDave is delusionaly fighting with cway is not with history, it's with yourselves.
1998 is not 2003.

There was doubt in 1998 over whether Iraq was had accepted disarmament.

By 2003, UNSCOM felt there was general compliance and a few loose ends that could be resolved within a few months.

But Bush and Cheney decided not to wait.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#867697 Mar 4, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
No country in the history of the world ever cut its way to prosperity nitwit. In the 1950s Dwight Eisenhower had a national debt around 125% of GDP. He didn't deal with it by making drastic cuts to the contrary he and Congress embarked on massive public works projects like the Interstate Highway system and the St Lawrence Seaway that put people to work and made commerce more effective. He also by the way raised the minimum wage putting money into workers pockets that they spent in the private sector and stimulated the economy.
I don't work for the government moron so no I'm not going to get furloughed .
You're a sociopathic idiot!
The Interstate Highway System and the St. Lawrence Seaway were useful projects that still produce dividends.

Porkulus spent $1 trillion and produced nothing of value. In fact, produced nothing at all.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#867698 Mar 4, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>All good sheep believe their handler's propaganda. It's how and why you and your twin stay on a preserve.
Does yewz has flyink sparklee pegasus's thar, wit majikal healing powuhs?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#867699 Mar 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
Right Whiners have no problem with where our country is headed as far as wealth distribution.
They have been duped by their own party into blaming the "47%" instead of the redistribution of wealth the past decades toward the wealthy.
http://mashable.com/2013/03/02/wealth-inequal...
Forced government "wealth redistribution" is Communism.
Cway

United States

#867700 Mar 4, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>democrats had a majority Congress. The Senate and House you idiot controlled the purses strings since 2006
No, you idiot.

The Democrat majority elected in 2006 did not take office until January, 2007.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#867701 Mar 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how the right whiners take a career dedicated to the security of this country & trash it in order to protect Cheney who was behind lies that killed 4000 US soldiers.
We know exactly what you are.
Valerie Plame was well-known on the Washington party circuit as a pencil-pusher at the CIA.

That's why Richard Armitage told Bob Novak about her, believing it to be common knowledge.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#867702 Mar 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So now we have to close all loopholes & subsidies???????
We can choose some that are ridiculous & unneeded?
Giving me a deduction for State taxes does not help the state. Dunmbass.
As a Pennsylvanian, with relatively low state income tax, you are providing a subsidy to residents of New York, California, and Illinois, whose federal taxes are reduced by the income tax loophole more than are your taxes.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#867703 Mar 4, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are changing the subject.
You closed with:
"confused would be those who think that an unpopular ideology and it's related unpopular 'policies' are what's best for the American "
Kasich just scored his highest job approval rating ever following his decision to expand Medicaid in Ohio.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-03-01/the-...

excuse?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#867704 Mar 4, 2013
carol wrote:
Is this president finally realizing what it takes to be a leader?
WASHINGTON (Reuters)- Signaling he might be ready to explore a compromise to end automatic spending cuts that began late Friday, Obama mentioned reforming entitlement programs in calls with lawmakers from both parties on Saturday afternoon.
House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner, interviewed on NBC's "Meet the Press," said he "absolutely" would do whatever it takes to keep the government operating.
...Raising taxes again is the compromise. Guess entitlement reforms would have to be pretty significant if that's the case.
They were already there. I don't know why you keep talking about this, since you obviously have zero grasp on the situation.
Cway

United States

#867705 Mar 4, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
"In politics, few talents are so richly rewarded as the ability to convince parasites that they are victims. Welfare states on both sides of the Atlantic have discovered that largess to losers does not reduce their hostility to society, but only increased it. Far from producing gratitude, generosity is seen as an admission of guilt, and the reparations as inadequate compensations for injustices - leading to worsening behavior by the recipients."
Hate-mongering against the poor is such an ugly GOP trait.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#867706 Mar 4, 2013
beating a dead horse.

For the first time, a majority of Americans now say the Republican Party is too extreme, according to a poll released Thursday by CNN/ORC.

Fifty-three percent of people, including 22 percent of Republicans, said the GOP's views and policies have pushed them beyond the mainstream. The number is up dramatically from previous years. In 2010, fewer than 40 percent thought the party was too extreme.

Democrats were considered to be a "generally mainstream" party by 57 percent in the new poll.

"That's due in part to the fact that the Republican brand is not doing all that well," said Keating Holland, CNN's polling director.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/20/repu...

sorry horse.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#867707 Mar 4, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The Story of Romney’s Career:“What I Said Is Not What I Believe”
Of course, it never mattered whether Romney “really” believed what he was saying, because it became clear years ago that he would have said almost anything to win. In that case, it was a good bet that Romney was always more likely to lie to his audience than not, and for that reason he disqualified himself through sheer, overwhelming dishonesty. When in doubt, it was safe to assume that Romney was lying, and it was usually safe to assume the worst about his intentions.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
It appears that he would say everything to lose!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#867708 Mar 4, 2013
Mark Sanford, the cad who won't go away:

According to Jenny, she had already told Mark she would be taking a pass on the race the day before, at the funeral of a mutual friend. So when Mark came to visit her, he arrived with a proposal.“Since you’re not running, I want to know if you’ll run my campaign,” he said.“We could put the team back together.”

Jenny told him, in so many words, that wasn’t going to happen. Mark made one last appeal.

“I could pay you this time,” he said.

The Sanfords ended their marriage in 2010, almost a year after the former governor admitted to an on-going affair with a woman in Argentina. Sanford is now engaged to the Argentinian woman, Maria Belen Chapur, whom he hints will not be a prominent figure on the campaign trail.

"She’s a very private person," he told The Hill. "We'll see."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/03/mark...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#867710 Mar 4, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
63% of GOP Voters Think Republicans in Congress Out of Touch
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
seems pretty straightforward to me.
It sounds like republicans aren't sheep like the democrats.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#867711 Mar 4, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate-mongering against the poor is such an ugly GOP trait.
It's amazing isn't it? One would think that we have a few billionaires on here; like Carol who continually carries water for the rich while making an hourly wage of $15.00; the hillbilly from KY who claims she works and once said makes $400 a week (doubtful)
etc.
It's not only against the poor, it is against all the middle class working people. They've been convinced to vote against their own best interests.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#867712 Mar 4, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears that he would say everything to lose!!
this one is better.

Fox News Interview Shows Mitt Romney Still Doesn’t Get Why He Lost

If you want to woo African-Americans and Latinos, stop claiming they live off the government dole while rich white people live lives of Ayn Randian self-reliance.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/03...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#867713 Mar 4, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like republicans aren't sheep like the democrats.
now if only you could claim democrats voted those republicans into office.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min LRS 177,365
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 min David Morrison 97,928
Abby 8-29 23 min Kuuipo 9
Amy 8-29 30 min Sublime1 11
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 30 min KARAM BALOCH 33
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 47 min mahz 49,473
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 50 min TRD 68,364
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters