Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#867477 Mar 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
You May Have Seen These Fox Graphics Before -- In A GOP Press Release
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/03/02/you-m...
Can you cite more americanconservative articles? Those always crack me up.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#867478 Mar 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrat gerrymandering under reapportionment did not help.
California Democrats have super-majority in both houses of legislature, so can do whatever they want. Can't blame anyone else for their failures, unless they act like Obama.
So__were you lying out your azz when posting from PA, when posting from TX or now from SW Riverside County California.

Are you living in Red Hawk the massive PUD which worked it's way up to a city when the developer could no longer manage the, cough, residents?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#867479 Mar 3, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain in detail.
In january jerry brown tolds us our budget problems were history thanks to the recent tax increases. We've just been told our gas taxes will be going up to make up for lost revenue. You loony left wingers still don't get it. We have a spendibg problem.

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#867480 Mar 3, 2013
TREASON AGAINST USA wrote:
It is no accident that the two seminal Second Amendment cases of our age were led by Black plaintiffs. The concerns of people like Shelly Parker and Otis McDonald, have long driven the robust Black tradition of arms. The benefit of arms in the hands of good people like this, for example reductions in hot burglaries and a general disincentive to criminals, are arguably more important in Black neighborhoods than elsewhere. Moreover the fundamental justification for self-defense – the structural limits on the state’s ability to interdict imminent threats – is more pervasive in Black communities than in other places. Police response is slower. Personal threats are more common. Public resources are spread more thinly.
The only possible foundation for comments like Whitlock’s is the erroneous assumption that personal firearms render no benefits. That is demonstrably false as summarized in my previous post and illustrated extensively in my other work. And there is no indication that the benefits of firearms ownership and use discriminate on the basis of race.
Finally, one wonders whether Whitlock even appreciates that the history of supply-side gun control in America is rooted in racism. As described in detail in my book Firearms law and the Second Amendment, the first generation of supply-side gun controls were explicitly racist. Ironically, these laws worked hand-in-hand with oppressive state regimes and terrorist organizations like the KKK. On this score Whitlock’s invocation of the KKK is ironic and perverse.
By invoking the specter of racism, Whitlock appropriates and exploits a public good that has been paid for in the sweat and blood of countless Black folk both here and gone. His cavalier deployment of this resource degrades those people and their sacrifice. Whitlock makes hay by presuming to speak for Black people as a group. Through the grossest invective he smears those who would disagree with him. I have to believe that he does not realize that this includes millions of lawful Black gun owners who reject the demonstrably flawed approach of relying on the state for their personal security.
Whitlock seems pervasively ignorant of the basic moving parts of the gun issue and yet his “analysis” has been elevated in our conversation as if it constitutes a serious policy critique. It is an indictment of our culture and bodes ill for the Republic, that this is the nature of our public debates.
Nicholas J. Johnson
Nicholas J. Johnson is Professor of Law, Fordham University School of Law and is an editor of Firearms Law and the Second Amendment: Cases and Materials (Aspen Press, 2012). Professor Johnson is the author of more than a dozen law review articles on firearms regulation and the Second Amendment including “This Right is Not Allowed By Governments That Are Afraid of the People”: The Public Meaning of the Second Amendment When the Fourteenth Amendment was Ratified, 17 Geo. Mason L. Rev. 823 (2010), Administering the Second Amendment: Law, Politics, and Taxonomy, 50 Santa Clara L. Rev. 1263 (2010).
Nicholas J. Johnson
Nice going waxturd. This dumbass spammer doesn't know the 10 brilliants you gave him are from one moron. Now we'll all have to wade through his bullshit.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#867481 Mar 3, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice going waxturd. This dumbass spammer doesn't know the 10 brilliants you gave him are from one moron. Now we'll all have to wade through his bullshit.
Hey...that's how we feel about your judgeit posts.
dem

Bronx, NY

#867482 Mar 3, 2013
look everyone, tee hee, another democrat pedophile

like meeeeeeeeee

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/01/de...
Cway

United States

#867483 Mar 3, 2013
I live in California, Carol.

Contrary to your barkings, Governor Brown is very popular. The only obstacle in his path is his age, 74. But should he run in 2014, even Republicans will tell you he'll skate through the election effortlessly.
dem

Bronx, NY

#867484 Mar 3, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
hey old fart

can i double tap you in the face with my ar?

fking left wing pedophiles
dem

Bronx, NY

#867485 Mar 3, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>liberals are bad credit risks.
and pedophiles

like meeeee

weeeeeee
dem

Bronx, NY

#867486 Mar 3, 2013
i am the head pedophile around these parts

nuuclear option is also a left wing pedophile

my union head and i love to give each other head

if you know what i mean

teehee

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#867487 Mar 3, 2013
Cway wrote:
I live in California, Carol.
Contrary to your barkings, Governor Brown is very popular. The only obstacle in his path is his age, 74. But should he run in 2014, even Republicans will tell you he'll skate through the election effortlessly.
Put a 'd' next to charles manson's name and he'd skate through a california election effortlessly.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#867488 Mar 3, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you cite more americanconservative articles? Those always crack me up.
a twofer....

Gov. Bob McDonnell Really Is Kind of a Liar

I’m generally unmoved by the kind of polemical thunder Erick Erickson unleashed on Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell:

Bob McDonnell is a perfect example of the worst kind of Republican. He has no principles that he won’t sell out if he thinks the situation demands it. He is interested in the praise of liberal editorial pages for his balanced leadership, which is really just selling out the people who got him elected. His policy legacy will now be trading higher taxes for a massive entitlement expansion. How pathetic.

That’s how Erickson ended his broadside.

He began it by calling McDonnell a “liar.”

And he’s got a point.

McDonnell’s problems with conservatives (including the Republican lieutenant governor who hopes to succeed him) are twofold. He is on the brink of signing a massive transportation bill that could, when fully implemented, raise taxes on Virginians by $6.1 billion over the next five years, according to Grover Norquist’s Americans for Tax Reform. And he issued a statement in support of a bicameral commission on reforming Medicaid, which Erickson predicts “will be nothing but a speed bump towards expanding the program.”(Jennifer Rubin, with characteristic credulity, said “the state can be assured Medicaid isn’t expanding anytime soon.” I’d say the smart money is with Erickson in this case.)

Against the backdrop of the fractious fiscal situation across the Potomac River, McDonnell’s transportation deal might appear to be the work of a sane, well-functioning government. Yet the fact is that McDonnell didn’t merely promise not to raise taxes in a general George H.W. Bush sense—although he did that, too. McDonnell explicitly promised not to sign a transportation bill that had new revenue.

What we’ve got here is a granular, issue-specific about-face.

I would add, as an aside, that state politicians with national aspirations should avoid taking Norquist-like pledges that any politician of consequence in this fiscal environment will need to wriggle out of. But in McDonnell’s case, that horse left the barn four years ago.

Conservatives like Erickson are right to be pissed.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/gov-bo...

if i was a conservative i'd be pissed.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#867490 Mar 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>So__were you lying out your azz when posting from PA, when posting from TX or now from SW Riverside County California.
Are you living in Red Hawk the massive PUD which worked it's way up to a city when the developer could no longer manage the, cough, residents?
Redhawk is only one of several large developments in Temecula.

Life is not static, except for washed-up used car dealers.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#867491 Mar 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>So__were you lying out your azz when posting from PA, when posting from TX or now from SW Riverside County California.
Let me also say that the location shown is not necessarily manipulated by the poster.
Stoneman

Boise, ID

#867492 Mar 3, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you don't understand it Carol because you're an idiot. So why was he "bad news" stupid? Because he wasn't the same color as you and had a funny name? Since he's taken office we've had steady private sector job growth a robust stock market and corporate profits are at an all time high. An auto industry that was on the verge of bankruptcy is once again making profits. Home sales are on the rise and it's once again a seller's market. Everything is going in the right direction despite the GOP's blatant attempts at crashing the economy.
What is the unemployment rate right now? How long has it been above 7.5%?

Incomes dropped the most in 20 years last quarter. So what's "going in the right direction"?

We've added OVER SIX TRILLION TO THE NATIONAL DEBT since Lord Obama was annointed. Is that a good thing?

When GWBush was running for a second term, there was a brief spell when unemployment was 6.3%. What did you leftists call it? "The worst economy since the Great Depression"?

When GWBush was president the price of a gallon of gas went above $4, what did your Princess Pelosi say? So why is it not a concern now that we've had it over $3/gallon for MORE THAN THREE YEARS?

I don't Carol is the clueless one.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#867493 Mar 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
Redhawk has 3,000 homes. The population of Temecula is in excess of 100,000.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#867494 Mar 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrat gerrymandering under reapportionment did not help.
California Democrats have super-majority in both houses of legislature, so can do whatever they want. Can't blame anyone else for their failures, unless they act like Obama.
Hopefully that will change now that Rubio quit.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#867495 Mar 3, 2013
flack wrote:
That clown this morning actually said budgets don't matter. We are so screwed!!!
Budgets stopped George Bush from going from a balanced budgets to the worse recession in 80 years & doubling the debt.

Loysville, PA

#867496 Mar 3, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
It's Sunday. Calm down, don't let your crap get so hot. Hey "real dumb" I commented not at all on how many budgets that president nobama presented, I did comment they were so inane he could not get a single vote to support the crap he offered. The subject was budgets, I did not change the topic I simply said the loser occupying the white house has nary a clue. In your dim world president nobama offered budgets in the mind of the sane those who actually thing he presented fantasy.
The question in my mind is when is the president going to make a decision on the pipeline. Two questions actually, who is going to piss off?
- The unions by not okaying the pipe line and the thousands of high paying jobs it would provide, or
- The eco idiots who piss and moan.
Should be interesting.
Peace
KMA
Funny stuff. You had a f*cking fit & accused me of changing the subject when I spoke of budgets.

So GFY, loser.

How many budgets has Obama submitted? A simple question you keep avoiding.

While you are at it, how any budgets did Bush submit that were voted on upon receipt by Congress & passed?

Loysville, PA

#867497 Mar 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Which "loophole" do you want to close: home mortgage interest deduction, state and local tax deductions, or charitable deductions?
How about not taxing corporate foreign profits until the money is brought back into the US.

Costing us tax money & giving a break for foreign investment.

How about oil subsidies.

How about the investment income loophole.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 10-20 6 min Ralph 17
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 27 min Wondering 50,598
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 47 min HughBe 70,002
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr scirocco 68,642
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Learn to Read 179,283
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr grave digger 47,486
Amy 10-11 3 hr Stina2 7
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]