Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 39,904)

Showing posts 798,061 - 798,080 of1,071,536
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
President Barack Obama officially signed an order mandating $85 billion in spending cuts known as sequestration, written and agreed upon by Congress in the Budget Control Act of 2011, on Friday night.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/o...
"written and agreed upon by Congress"
President Barack Obama? You mean the CHUMP was forced into it and the sky didn't fall like he and your other DemoCREEPS said spending cuts do?

baawwwaaahhhh!!!!!!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
"them is jes a bunch a retards, out shooting up beewals" !!!
so says the thread airhead and alcoholic...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
Yet he's won two terms in office, and you're still so angry about it that you can't even compose a two sentence ad hominem attack properly!!
I'm lovin' it!!
BTW, where's Mitt the Twit, Mr. Landslide??
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
<quoted text>
Ask that hillbilly what prodigy means; just for fun .

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>S&L's? You mean like Lincoln Savings and loan? The Keating five?
Any S&L's, Gee Whiz Barney(My Boie Lollipop)Frank's committee oversaw the S&L's and drooled with a lisp, that there was nothing wrong.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Republicans have a habit of dismissing the $1.5 trillion in spending cuts that President Obama has signed into law, while bringing up the $600 billion of revenue he signed constantly, as highlighted in this video. In fact, House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI) explicitly said that spending cuts adopted by the last Congress shouldn’t be taken into account when discussing how to reduce the deficit, but revenue increases adopted by that same Congress should.

And at the end of the day, all of the deficit reduction talk ignores the fact that the problem with government spending at the moment is that it is too low, not too high.

http://thinkprogress.org/
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
(TSM wrote:
Obama is the prodigy of Liberal Parents!! This president wouldn’t know the Truth if it Slap Him in the Face!!}
Terribly Stupid Mofo say what? By "prodigy" I suppose you meant progeny and by "it slap him in the face" you meant...well, something that would have made sense. Obama is the POTUS. The Grumpy Old Pricks are losers. Live with it...or at least stop whining in gibberish.
Leosnana I thought I was off your List? Leo I hate to be the Barer of Bad News “There is no vaccine against your stupidity”
RUSH10ME

Urbanna, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Republicans have a habit of dismissing the $1.5 trillion in spending cuts that President Obama has signed into law, while bringing up the $600 billion of revenue he signed constantly, as highlighted in this video. In fact, House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI) explicitly said that spending cuts adopted by the last Congress shouldn’t be taken into account when discussing how to reduce the deficit, but revenue increases adopted by that same Congress should.
And at the end of the day, all of the deficit reduction talk ignores the fact that the problem with government spending at the moment is that it is too low, not too high.
The welfare train is getting ready to take a dirt road , this is only the begining ,the fwee ride is comming to an end you ghetto leeches .
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.. You're still alone, sick and old, but happy. We never realized how boring your life is until someone asks what you do for fun. Sometimes in the winds of change one finds their crayons and making an idiot of yourself.
Florida I loved to see things from your point of view, but I can’t get my Head that far up my A**!! But…‘Hey if ignorance was Bliss you’ll be the happiest guy alive!!
bibleNews

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

----#---- NEXT POPE is ANTICHRIST

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Obama promised to cut government spending but wants to blame the Republicans because he can't get his new taxes. He's happy the Bush tax cuts have expired, he can blame that on the Republicans too.

I'd like an administration is a budget they can pass through Congress, reform and reductions without the campaign blame game.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Any S&L's, Gee Whiz Barney(My Boie Lollipop)Frank's committee oversaw the S&L's and drooled with a lisp, that there was nothing wrong.
Here's the Savings and Loan history you're trying to talk about: "1980: After interest rates rise 13 percentage points in 2 years, President Carter signs law further hollowing out Glass-Steagall. The measure—pushed through by Sen. Jake Garn (R-Utah), a former insurance executive—demolishes usury caps for mortgages and raises bar for prosecuting lenders.

Jan 1981: Sen. Garn becomes chair of Senate Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs Committee with fellow deregulation advocate M. Danny Wall as majority staff director. American Banker exults that "lobbyists here view Mr. Wall's promotion as a gift swept to shore by the [GOP] tide last election day."

1982: Sen. Garn coauthors Garn-St. Germain Depository Institutions Act, which deregulates savings and loan industry.

Jeb Bush

1984: S&Ls start crashing in Texas as oil boom peters out. More than 1,000 thrifts nationwide will fail between 1986 and 1995; debacle will cost $500 billion, including $124 billion in taxpayer money.

April 2, 1987: Sen. John McCain meets with federal regulators to discuss investigation of Lincoln Savings and Loan. The thrift's owner, Charles Keating, was the senator's business partner and campaign contributor, and flew McCain around on his private jet.

Sept: Drexel Burnham Lambert, home to "junk-bond king" Michael Milken, creates "collateralized debt obligations" (CDOS)—securities made up of myriad loans and bonds with different risk levels.

Dec 9, 1988: Silverado S&L collapses, leaving $1.3 billion taxpayer liability; board members include Neil Bush, who engineered loans to friends in what federal Office of Thrift Supervision will call "multiple conflicts of interest." Bush later tells Congress a few of his deals may have looked "a little fishy."

Feb 6, 1989: President George H.W. Bush bails out S&L industry; among those helped is his son, Jeb, as government takes over most of a $5 million second mortgage on his Miami office building."

Barney Frank became chairman of the House Financial Committee in 2007...I guess we've all found out where Gormless Old Pukes go to die...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Leosnana I thought I was off your List? Leo I hate to be the Barer of Bad News “There is no vaccine against your stupidity”
Oh my word, you people are really stupid.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>The welfare train is getting ready to take a dirt road , this is only the begining ,the fwee ride is comming to an end you ghetto leeches .
One more stupid than the other

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking ABOUT you, not to you, Idiot...BTW, do any of your "prodigy" know the word is spelled "coming" not "comming" and "bearer" not "barer"? So little time, so many trolls with tells...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"The two budgets"????
You right whiners should get the facts straight.
Obama as submitted a budget for every year he was supposed to submit one. The 2014 is due out this month.
Not just two
My God, can you people ever quit lying?
It was due a few weeks ago and he missed the deadline again. Only two out of four years.
RUSH10ME

Urbanna, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>I was talking ABOUT you, not to you, Idiot...BTW, do any of your "prodigy" know the word is spelled "coming" not "comming" and "bearer" not "barer"? So little time, so many trolls with tells...
A fat assed ghetto welfare drain on society whos only ambition in life is to correct grammer and spelling on topix , get a life you welfare queen .
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

only one Republican candidate for president gained a majority of the popular vote in the last 20 years.
America rejects the republican kool aide
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

No one bought this line of republican nonsense
when you posted it before the election.

Republicans are the rich for the rich, and you with your small income have been taken in.

Keep post fun to read.
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The crisis started during the Clinton administration when Fannie and Freddie were "let loose" with very little oversight.
The two budgets Obama proposed was rejected unanimously in the Senate by every single Democrat. If they had voted for even more spending, they might lose their comfy seats in the Senate.
If the Senate refuses to even bring up any bills passed by the House, they become culpable of obstruction.
But thanks for trying.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Here's the Savings and Loan history you're trying to talk about: "1980: After interest rates rise 13 percentage points in 2 years, President Carter signs law further hollowing out Glass-Steagall. The measure—pushed through by Sen. Jake Garn (R-Utah), a former insurance executive—demolishes usury caps for mortgages and raises bar for prosecuting lenders.
Jan 1981: Sen. Garn becomes chair of Senate Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs Committee with fellow deregulation advocate M. Danny Wall as majority staff director. American Banker exults that "lobbyists here view Mr. Wall's promotion as a gift swept to shore by the [GOP] tide last election day."
1982: Sen. Garn coauthors Garn-St. Germain Depository Institutions Act, which deregulates savings and loan industry.
Jeb Bush
1984: S&Ls start crashing in Texas as oil boom peters out. More than 1,000 thrifts nationwide will fail between 1986 and 1995; debacle will cost $500 billion, including $124 billion in taxpayer money.
April 2, 1987: Sen. John McCain meets with federal regulators to discuss investigation of Lincoln Savings and Loan. The thrift's owner, Charles Keating, was the senator's business partner and campaign contributor, and flew McCain around on his private jet.
Sept: Drexel Burnham Lambert, home to "junk-bond king" Michael Milken, creates "collateralized debt obligations" (CDOS)—securities made up of myriad loans and bonds with different risk levels.
Dec 9, 1988: Silverado S&L collapses, leaving $1.3 billion taxpayer liability; board members include Neil Bush, who engineered loans to friends in what federal Office of Thrift Supervision will call "multiple conflicts of interest." Bush later tells Congress a few of his deals may have looked "a little fishy."
Feb 6, 1989: President George H.W. Bush bails out S&L industry; among those helped is his son, Jeb, as government takes over most of a $5 million second mortgage on his Miami office building."
Barney Frank became chairman of the House Financial Committee in 2007...I guess we've all found out where Gormless Old Pukes go to die...
So___you're saying that Countrywide Financial and HSBC were "not" savings and loans?

Why then is the Chicago poster talking about S&L's, is he having flashbacks to "olden times?"

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
so says the thread airhead and alcoholic...
Yes, that's exactly what you are.

Thanks for admitting to it!!

Now go get help!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 798,061 - 798,080 of1,071,536
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

87 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Abby 7-10 8 min Cass 10
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 12 min Cali Girl 2014 48,682
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 31 min OzRitz 45,438
Amy 7-10 1 hr Julie 8
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 173,549
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr HughBe 68,119
Abigail July 9 2014 1 hr Julie 13
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr PEllen 97,427
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search