Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#867144 Mar 2, 2013
TSM wrote:
You can’t make this Stuff Up: Democratic legislator loses leadership post for allegedly calling his penis a 'snake' that could explain the’ venom’ they have towards the American Taxpayers!!
Republicans like meeting little boys in airport bathrooms.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#867145 Mar 2, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with these people? Don't they know when to leave things alone?
Someone stealing your drinks again?
AllKenyan

Pompano Beach, FL

#867146 Mar 2, 2013
AllArnerican1 wrote:
<quoted text>Republicans like meeting little boys in airport bathrooms.
to warn them about "Arnerican" Democrats like you. LOL

Location hidden

#867147 Mar 2, 2013
AllArnerican1 wrote:
<quoted text>Republicans like meeting little boys in airport bathrooms.
It;s true story Fact
DEMidiots

Pompano Beach, FL

#867148 Mar 2, 2013
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
He kept Romney out of the White House.
which is why our nation is in even worse turmoil than the previous 4 years of failure and incompetence.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#867149 Mar 2, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
So approving a Canadian pipeline, where all profits go to Canada, is a good thing for the USA??
Seeing tankers take all the tarsands oil from refineries on the Gulf, and shipping it overseas, is good for the USA??
My, you're even more clueless than I thought.
Obama will likely approve the pipeline. But it does nothing for the USA, as all profits go to pay for the Canadian National Healthcare System!!
While Canadians laugh at the USA!!
Betcha didn't realize that, eh wingnut??
<quoted text>
Kind of reminds me of chrysler. It will still provide jobs for americans.

Location hidden

#867150 Mar 2, 2013
they also like chasing little boys in La. Fact

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#867151 Mar 2, 2013
THE DEBIL wrote:
NIGHTY-NIGHT SELECIA, YOU GIVE HER A BIG KISS FO' ME...
I did and she LIKED IT!!!! But you didn't tell me where to kiss and so I took it upon myself to decide. I think you would approve.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#867152 Mar 2, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>That's Elvira, and she's standing in FRONT of her flag...you're reduced to looking at the pictures again since you obviously can't read? I don't know why you Gruesome Old Pervs are all such women haters...I mean you're all as easy as your moms were.
Which is hanging backwards. LOL!

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#867153 Mar 2, 2013
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
He kept Romney out of the White House.
Apparently Ann is really bitter about the loss.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#867154 Mar 2, 2013
I can't believe an organization that spends over 3 trillion dollars a year is crying over 85 billion. Amazing.
AllKenyan

Pompano Beach, FL

#867155 Mar 2, 2013
AllArnerican1 wrote:
<quoted text>It;s true story Fact
You look like a true story.
AllKenyan

Pompano Beach, FL

#867156 Mar 2, 2013
AllArnerican1 wrote:
they also like chasing little boys in La. Fact
Someday they may chase you, too, as soon as you are released from the insane asylum and returned to Kenya.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#867157 Mar 2, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
This year was delayed due to waiting for the results of the fiscal cliff.
Now what years did Obama miss?
You pick: 2010,2011, 2012, 2013?
I don't remember which years but I do remember the two he did summit didn't get a single vote in either house.
DemoCreeps

Windsor, CT

#867159 Mar 2, 2013
aleluya, aleluya....

aleluya, aleluya, alelu-u-ya!!!!

The Earth is still spinning and even the airlines are taking off!!

Obamageddon was a ruse. Typical DemoCreep hyperbole and attempting to scare people.

I survived the Obamageddon Sequestor 2013!

Whew!!!

Obama is full of shit.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#867160 Mar 2, 2013
Our deeply unbalanced fiscal debate

At a presser today, President Obama was peppered with questions from reporters who demanded to know if there is anything he can do to dislodge Republicans from their no-compromise stance. One suggested locking Republicans in a room until a deal is reached. Obama responded that he is “not a dictator.”

This is already being met with skepticism (see Ron Fournier, a determined advocate for the “GOP is uncompromising but the president must lead” point of view).

Let’s put aside the question of whether there is more that Obama could do to lead the GOP out of its intransigence. It’s becoming apparent that many simply don’t appreciate the true nature of the actual GOP position in this debate. So here’s a thought experiment designed to drive it home.

Imagine that Mitt Romney had been elected president last November with 51 percent of the vote. Obama’s platform — a mix of tax hikes and spending cuts, including cuts to entitlements — was soundly rejected, ending his presidency. Instead, voters chose Romney’s vision — we must get our fiscal problems under control only with deep spending cuts.

In that context, imagine if the lead article of the New York Times this morning had said this (warning: this is not a real article):

Reid halts talks on cuts, and Democrats cheer

WASHINGTON — Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has come around to the idea that the best negotiations are no negotiations.

As the president and Congressional Republicans have tried to force Mr. Reid back to the table for talks to head off the automatic sequestration set to take effect on Friday, Mr. Reid has instead dug in deeper, refusing to even discuss any more spending cuts and insisting in his typical colorful language that it was time for the House to produce a measure aimed at averting the crisis.

“The spending cut issue is now closed,” Mr. Reid said Thursday, before the Senate left town for the weekend. Mr. Reid argued that Democrats had already agreed to $1.5 trillion in spending cuts in 2011, and that the dispute with Republicans amounted to a question of “how much more money do we want to steal from government programs the American people rely on.”

“I’m for no more,” Reid said.

Senate Democrats could not be more pleased with their leader for drawing a line against any more spending cuts, and for insisting that our remaining fiscal problems be resolved only with new tax hikes.“Friday will be an important day that shows we’re finally willing to stand and fight for liberal principles,” said Senator Jeff Merkley, a leading liberal.“That will be a big victory.”

This is, of course, a tweaked version of the article that actually did lead the New York Times today, which reported that John Boehner is leaving town without budging from his no-new-revenues stance, to the “cheers” of House Republicans. I’ve simply substituted Reid and Democrats for Boehner and Republicans, and subbed in a fictional position for Democrats — no more spending cuts of any kind, ever; we must only resolve our fiscal problems through tax hikes. This is a rough approximation (in reverse) of the current GOP stance.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#867161 Mar 2, 2013
I don’t really like playing the “imagine if Dems had done this” game, but I don’t know how else to dramatize this clearly. So try to imagine the widespread press mockery that would be directed at Democrats in this scenario. Try to imagine centrist pundits blaming President Romney for failing to “lead” Democrats out of their position that we must only resolve our problems with tax hikes — and not a penny more in spending cuts. None of this would happen, because Democrats would never adopt this stance.

Now, some folks will object: Republicans agreed to tax hikes already! Yes, but as noted in my fake New York Times article, Dems could plausibly make a similar argument about cuts. Others will note that the sequester is only spending cuts, with no new revenues. True, but the sequester was intended as a mechanism to force a fiscal agreement; Dems have always insisted that the deficit must be reduced through a mix of tax hikes and spending cuts.

The GOP position is explicitly that there is nothing Democrats can offer that will get them to agree to new revenues. Nothing. Therefore, any offer from Dems — no matter how much in serious spending cuts it contains — is automatically a nonstarter for Republicans if it closes any tax loopholes to generate new revenue. There is no scenario under which Republicans can be induced to compromise — if we take Republicans themselves at their word. The only option for avoiding the sequester is for Democrats to propose only cuts to replace it — cuts that Republicans themselves won’t even propose. No “leadership” can avert the sequester. Only giving Republicans 100% of what they want can.

Folks wouldn’t accept my fictional scenario for a second. But the mirror image of that scenario is what’s happening right now.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line...
DemoCreeps

Windsor, CT

#867162 Mar 2, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently Ann is really bitter about the loss.
As bad as Al Jazeera Gore was? You want to talk about bitter! How is Tipper doing?
DemoCreeps

Windsor, CT

#867163 Mar 2, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>I did and she LIKED IT!!!! But you didn't tell me where to kiss and so I took it upon myself to decide. I think you would approve.
Most animals would. Was there leftover food on that spot Burtha?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#867164 Mar 2, 2013
Liberalism Ugodly People wrote:
<quoted text>I CAN TELL YOU WHAT OBAMA
HAS DONE FOR ME,NOT A DAMN THING!BUSH SENT ME A $600 CHECK.NO CHECK FROM OBAMA!OBAMA COULD BAILED OUT WE THE PEOPLE BY GIVING EVERONE AT LEAST $50,000!INSTEAD LOOKING AFTER THE RICH BANKERS AND PUTTING MIDDLE
CLASS PEOPLE IN THE STREET!HE DOES NOT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOU EITHER!
temporary pay roll tax holiday.

but only if you were working.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abia State University, Direct entry admission c... 21 min prof vicktor 1
Abby 9-30 24 min edogxxx 2
Amy 9-30 27 min edogxxx 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 48 min Rogue Scholar 05 178,568
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 55 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,544
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 69,461
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 46,971
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 98,321
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]