Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
797,961 - 797,980 of 1,099,804 Comments Last updated 1 min ago
Florida

Miami, FL

#866960 Mar 2, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Do Galt need a hug? We can see if the good guvnuh can work one in for you too....
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, for you how to dance in the rain idiot. Your deranged creativity is your lack of intelligent thinking running on empty still having fun.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#866961 Mar 2, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
How does RealDave feel about Harrisburg, a textbook example of government mismanagement?
Guess we should just keep shoveling money to proven incompetents.
DEEtroit, meet Caliphonyvrokia stuhaisle po'li'Tics!!

Detroit has a $327 million budget deficit and faces more than $14 billion in long-term debt. It has been making ends meet on a month-to-month basis with the help of bond money held in a state escrow account. The city has also instituted mandatory unpaid days off for many city workers.

Those troubles, along with underfunded city services such as police and fire departments and the absence of legitimate turnaround plans from Bing and the City Council, forced his hand, Snyder said.

"Citizens are not getting the services they deserve and need, public safety, lighting, transportation — all those areas need help, and it's time to call all hands on deck and say let's all work together."

Snyder said he has a top candidate picked out for the emergency manager job, but he would not elaborate except to say the person had "strong financial" and "strong legal knowledge."

Emergency managers have the power under state law to develop financial plans, renegotiate labor contracts, revise and approve budgets to help control spending, sell off some city assets and suspend the salaries of elected officials.

(Duh A Vey payz attention-Dis what happens when all duh monopoly game board little square box holders runs outer paper!!!)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Miami, FL

#866962 Mar 2, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The crisis started during the Clinton administration when Fannie and Freddie were "let loose" with very little oversight.
The two budgets Obama proposed was rejected unanimously in the Senate by every single Democrat. If they had voted for even more spending, they might lose their comfy seats in the Senate.
If the Senate refuses to even bring up any bills passed by the House, they become culpable of obstruction.
But thanks for trying.
LOL.. You're still alone, sick and old, but happy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
IlikePeanuts

London, KY

#866963 Mar 2, 2013
AllKenyan wrote:
<quoted text> Spoken like a true All Ar-nerican! That's what one would expect of someone ridiculous enough to support the worst president since Jimma Carter... Bwhahahahahahahahaha...
Mr former POTUS, Jimmuh Cartah, of "been a long time since the US has had a POTUS with such actually ethical merits" stahter-quotus, sayz he appreciates you heretic bozoheads finally getting a clue in having to see and admit, what actual integrity used to looky like.

Too baduh it took sum you THIRTY years to figrr it out lol.
Florida

Miami, FL

#866964 Mar 2, 2013
Liberalism Ugodly People wrote:
How Are The Liberals Re-writing History And Teaching Lies To Our Children?
How can we know anything about anything? That's the real question
div>Liberals today are trying to change the history of America by leaving God out of it, but the truth is, God has been a part of this nation, since the beginning. He still wants to be.
When I was in college, I started taking history classes thinking that I would surely see the hand of God in History. I never saw the hand of God in history the way that they presented history at the university. Years later, I did see many patterns in history, patterns that showed that God is working in the lives of men. The history that was taught in those college classrooms was scoured of any evidence of God, though. Even the great events of history such as the crusades have been distorted to give a false impression of what took place. The vision given to Christopher Columbus by God had already been carefully scrubbed from the history texts when I was a boy in the 1950s. One of the patterns in the crusades, the war against terror, the second world war and many other historical events seems to be that when anti-Christian leaders command their followers to attack the innocent, terrible things happen.
Liberal minds have a problem when it comes to truth, because a true liberal doesn't believe in truth or lie, only in winning or losing. Bill Clinton brought it down to this: It depends what you mean when you say, "is." A liberal politician who got caught harassing a man who worked for him with repeated unwanted romantic advances said that each person must find his or her own reality. They used to be more subtle, but now we are hearing the bold claim that, "What actually happened makes no real difference." Liberals have a high respect for skilled liars. Liars who are not as smooth but not to the same high degree.
At the same time that liberals will accept almost anything as "proof" of liberal principles, they will reject even the most compelling proof anything that is not liberal.
Truth, from the standpoint of a liberal, has little meaning other than to that particular liberal. This is why liberals don't require any internal consistency of their politicians and heroes. Liberals Are Fine Without Truth. They are making up their morality as they go along.
"I am convinced that the battle for humankind's future must be waged and won in the public school classroom by teachers who correctly perceive their role as the proselytizers of a new faith: a religion of humanity that recognizes and respects the spark of what theologians call divinity in every human being. These teachers must embody the same selfless dedication as the most rabid fundamentalist preachers, for they will be ministers of another sort, utilizing a classroom instead of a pulpit to convey humanist values in whatever subject they teach, regardless of the educational level preschool day care or large state university." [SIC]
A deranged rumor goes in your ear Polly Parrot, straight out of your mouth..

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#866965 Mar 2, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The crisis started during the Clinton administration when Fannie and Freddie were "let loose" with very little oversight.
The two budgets Obama proposed was rejected unanimously in the Senate by every single Democrat. If they had voted for even more spending, they might lose their comfy seats in the Senate.
If the Senate refuses to even bring up any bills passed by the House, they become culpable of obstruction.
But thanks for trying.
"The two budgets"????

You right whiners should get the facts straight.

Obama as submitted a budget for every year he was supposed to submit one. The 2014 is due out this month.

Not just two

My God, can you people ever quit lying?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Miami, FL

#866966 Mar 2, 2013
Milw TaXpayer wrote:
Jay Carney Admits Sequester Was The President's Idea ...
www.realclearpolitics.com/.../02/12/jay_carne ... Carney Admits Sequester Was The President's Idea. JAY CARNEY:...
SOTU: President Says Sequester ‘A Really Bad Idea’ Hours After ...
patdollard.com/...sequester-a...after-carney -...» Politics » SOTU: President Says Sequester ‘A Really Bad Idea’
Hours After Carney Admits It Was Obama’s Idea
Obama says sequester a ‘really bad idea’ hours after Carney ...
www.conservativenewscentral.com/2013/02/obama ... says sequester a ‘really bad idea’ hours after Carney admits it was Obama’s plan. February 13, 2013.... Tags Barack Obama, Jay Carney, Sequester.
We never realized how boring your life is until someone asks what you do for fun. Sometimes in the winds of change one finds their crayons and making an idiot of yourself.
TheInderpendentM ajority

London, KY

#866967 Mar 2, 2013
THE DEBIL wrote:
YA KNOW, AS I WALK, STARRY-EYED DOWN THE BRIGHTLY-LIT HALLWAY OF LIFE, SURVEYING THE TWINKLING DEWDROPS OF CELESTIAL ABANDON I AM ALWAYS AMAZED TO WITNESS TINY, PERFECT SNOWFLAKES THAT LIGHT ON MY TONGUE AND DISAPPEAR AS QUICKLY AS THEY LIGHT ON MY KNOBBLY PINK TONGUE AND I MARVEL AT THE RHYTHMS OF THE ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....
THIS BUD'S FO YOU, CRIP.
Jus doan lick any of duh yeller ones!
Florida

Miami, FL

#866968 Mar 2, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you should say that. I was reminded last night of the movie "Trading Places" when Eddie Murphy conned everyone until he was given Dan Akroyd's home and all his valuable things.
When he invited his friends over for a party, he became very obsessive about them stealing his things and trashing his home.
That's how I see this president. He doesn't see this country as his home. It's more of an experiment to test his personal vision. If everything is destroyed in the process, oh well. He has no personal connection or vestment in it anyway.
In fact, I think he even resents the "home" he was given charge over. That's my honest opinion.
So much to do...so little desire to do it. Ignorance is proof you are trying..
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#866969 Mar 2, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you should say that. I was reminded last night of the movie "Trading Places" when Eddie Murphy conned everyone until he was given Dan Akroyd's home and all his valuable things.
When he invited his friends over for a party, he became very obsessive about them stealing his things and trashing his home.
That's how I see this president. He doesn't see this country as his home. It's more of an experiment to test his personal vision. If everything is destroyed in the process, oh well. He has no personal connection or vestment in it anyway.
In fact, I think he even resents the "home" he was given charge over. That's my honest opinion.
Argo fy you white supremacist birther nutcase

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#866970 Mar 2, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"The two budgets"????
Obama as submitted a budget for every year he was supposed to submit one. The 2014 is due out this month.
Not just two
Does anyone remember this sequester resulted as compromise to GOP who refused to increase debt ceiling, which has been increased 79 times since 1960 ?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#866971 Mar 2, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, leosnana, whatever you say.
Well, FINALLY, the blind hog finds the acorn...I say you're a lying, lazy, entitlement- sucking hypocrite and you'll be joining Breitbart soon. It'll be even better when Orally and Hannity join y'all...
TheInderpendentM ajority

London, KY

#866972 Mar 2, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"The two budgets"????
Not just two
And STILL, pointy tin foil hat Duh Avey...'Merica has NO actual buhdget.

Lotsa ppl think just "spending" is a BuhDUHget these days-and therefore-they just suck at that kind of stuff. Kinda like what this nation has been dealing with for the past four plus years now.

Better hid yer little silver monopoly shoe, or duh bill cowector and/or vultures of gweed and no-constraint, will be making yew sellz it!!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#866973 Mar 2, 2013
Carol,

You're an ignorant woman who is too clueless to create a new screen profile on Topix and instead continues to engage in a stupid battle of wits, not realizing she's unarmed and merely encouraging her personal troll.

We've got the Waxturd crew doing the same to the entire thread, yet Carol tries to play the victim, as if her troll is the only one here.

You're only here for the attention, at least your troll gives you something to talk about.

How do you know it's a man?? Could be anyone, likely Nobraina.

Change your name, get registered, or STFU, drama queen!!
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
An insecure man steals women's identities and hides behind them while throwing grenades.
Much like cowards fighting for the wrong side for the wrong reasons.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheInderpendentM ajority

London, KY

#866974 Mar 2, 2013
Florida wrote:
I don't know which is worse?
Clinton's Y2K scam, planes falling out of the sky, the world shutting down or Obama's Sequestration Cut lie, bad things will happen signed by Obama to get re-elected?
That Y2K scam was some nasty stuff! Rough on the membranes from head to toe!!!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#866975 Mar 2, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
But thanks for trying.
so the crisis started with Clinton and continued unabated for the 6 years Congress was ruled by Republicans.

what is it about that 6 years that just has to be ignored by FOXbots? please explain.

and....

Fox News host Megyn Kelly repeatedly pushed the false narrative that President Obama's 2013 budget proposal received zero votes in the Senate, which is controlled by Democrats. In reality, the Senate did not vote on Obama's real budget, but on shell legislation introduced by Republicans in order to "embarrass" Democrats.

Discussing current budget negotiations on America Live, Kelly claimed President Obama's budget proposal received zero votes when the Senate voted on it earlier this year. Kelly said, "The Democrats in the Senate didn't have the courage to pass it. What makes you think the Republicans would?" and concluded, "A proposal's meaningless unless you [have] support for it. He can't even get support from his own party."

Kelly's assertion is a deceptive revision of history. In May, the Senate did vote 99-0 against a nonbinding budget resolution, but this was not Obama's full budget. Instead, Republican Sen. Jeff Sessions introduced his own, much shorter version of Obama's plan, which included the same figures as Obama's plan for spending, revenue, and deficits, but none of his specific policy proposals. As ABC's Jake Tapper reported, "The Sessions legislation was 56 pages long; actual budgets are closer to 2,000 pages long."

Republicans then forced the Senate to vote on Sessions' version of Obama's plan to "embarrass Democrats and the White House," as the Associated Press put it.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/11/30/memo-...

thanks for not trying.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Miami, FL

#866976 Mar 2, 2013
WILL OBAMA LIE AGAIN wrote:
In an effort to remove the hot-potato issue of excessive government spending from the 2012 presidential campaign, and calling the bluff of congressional Republicans who always seem to favor domestic spending cuts but increased military spending, President Obama suggested the concept of "sequester" in late 2011.
His idea was to reduce the rate of increased spending by 2 percent across the board—on domestic and military spending. To his surprise, the Republicans went along with this. They did so either because they lacked the political fortitude and the political will to designate specifically the unconstitutional and pork barrel federal spending projects to be cut, or because they thought that with the debt of the federal government then approaching $15 trillion (it is now $16.6 trillion and growing), any reductions in spending money the government doesn't have are preferred to no reductions. So, instead of enacting a budget, and instead of recognizing that much of its spending is simply not authorized by the Constitution, Congress enacted the so-called sequester legislation, and the president signed it into law.
The reductions the sequesters require are reductions in the rate of increased spending from those originally planned by Obama and authorized by Congress. Since the federal government has not had a budget in four years, even though federal law requires it to have one every year, these are planned expenditures, not budgetary items, on which the president wants to spend more money. Congress does not feel bound to obey the laws it has written; hence it has disregarded the legal requirement of a budget. Without a budget, the president has great leeway as to how to allocate funds within each department of the executive branch of the federal government.
Nevertheless, even if these sequesters do kick in, the feds will spend more in 2013 than they spent in 2012. That's because the sequesters are not cuts to spending; rather, they are reductions in planned increases in spending. The reductions amount to about two cents for every planned dollar of increased spending for every federal department.
The question remains: What part of each federal department (Justice, Defense, Homeland Security, Agriculture, etc.) will suffer these reduced increases? Here is where this sequester experiment gets dicey.
The president—who once championed the idea of sequesters and even threatened to veto any congressional effort to dismantle them—now has decided he can't live without that additional 2 percent to spend. So, he has gone about the country trying to scare the daylights out of people: Prisoners will be released from federal prisons, soldiers won't have enough bullets in their weapons, we will need to endure five-hour waiting lines at the airports, Social Security checks will be late, and similar nonsense.
Your eyes are useless when your mind is blind with copy & paste..

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#866977 Mar 2, 2013
Yet he's won two terms in office, and you're still so angry about it that you can't even compose a two sentence ad hominem attack properly!!

I'm lovin' it!!

BTW, where's Mitt the Twit, Mr. Landslide??

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
TSM wrote:
Obama is the prodigy of Liberal Parents!! This president wouldn’t know the Truth if it Slap Him in the Face!!
Florida

Miami, FL

#866978 Mar 2, 2013
Liberalism Ugodly People wrote:
How Are The Liberals Re-writing History And Teaching Lies To Our Children?
How can we know anything about anything? That's the real question
div>Liberals today are trying to change the history of America by leaving God out of it, but the truth is, God has been a part of this nation, since the beginning. He still wants to be.
When I was in college, I started taking history classes thinking that I would surely see the hand of God in History. I never saw the hand of God in history the way that they presented history at the university. Years later, I did see many patterns in history, patterns that showed that God is working in the lives of men. The history that was taught in those college classrooms was scoured of any evidence of God, though. Even the great events of history such as the crusades have been distorted to give a false impression of what took place. The vision given to Christopher Columbus by God had already been carefully scrubbed from the history texts when I was a boy in the 1950s. One of the patterns in the crusades, the war against terror, the second world war and many other historical events seems to be that when anti-Christian leaders command their followers to attack the innocent, terrible things happen.
Liberal minds have a problem when it comes to truth, because a true liberal doesn't believe in truth or lie, only in winning or losing. Bill Clinton brought it down to this: It depends what you mean when you say, "is." A liberal politician who got caught harassing a man who worked for him with repeated unwanted romantic advances said that each person must find his or her own reality. They used to be more subtle, but now we are hearing the bold claim that, "What actually happened makes no real difference." Liberals have a high respect for skilled liars. Liars who are not as smooth but not to the same high degree.
At the same time that liberals will accept almost anything as "proof" of liberal principles, they will reject even the most compelling proof anything that is not liberal.
Truth, from the standpoint of a liberal, has little meaning other than to that particular liberal. This is why liberals don't require any internal consistency of their politicians and heroes. Liberals Are Fine Without Truth. They are making up their morality as they go along.
"I am convinced that the battle for humankind's future must be waged and won in the public school classroom by teachers who correctly perceive their role as the proselytizers of a new faith: a religion of humanity that recognizes and respects the spark of what theologians call divinity in every human being. These teachers must embody the same selfless dedication as the most rabid fundamentalist preachers, for they will be ministers of another sort, utilizing a classroom instead of a pulpit to convey humanist values in whatever subject they teach, regardless of the educational level preschool day care or large state university." [SIC]
Your eyes are useless when your mind is blind with copy & paste..
TheInderpendentM ajority

London, KY

#866979 Mar 2, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
FloriDUH here is just too stupid to realize that the racism was in the SOUTH, not with a political party.
But hey, what more should we expect from an uneducated, uninformed right whiner like FloriDUH?
ANyone would think after 200 years, they'd be over it already.

Someone read to them from the Roger Williams storybook of chattell slavery.

The Pequots should be standing in line in frunt of duh white house-telling dem nothing but whiney speshull entitleMental slackertic seekers, get the hell to the back uf duh line--they was here first and have the REAL rightful dibs on demanding THREE hundred year old reparations.

Damn oboticnutcase fweeloading type whiner slackertics.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 min _Zoey_ 4,663
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min LRS 177,345
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Cali Girl 2014dal 49,448
The Israel Lobby Eliminates Another Critic 2 hr Jew Snakes 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 68,935
Engagement Ring 4 hr rodeo3queen 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr truth-facts 46,292
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••