Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#866954 Mar 2, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Well sonic just explained it to you again and even provided a link to an easy to understand article. We've only been discussing the subject for four years doll__give it a rest.
If you're looking for amusement check out some of the game threads or the religion forum.
how about a game thread on a religion forum?

do Christian dweebs play WOW?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Miami, FL

#866955 Mar 2, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The 55% are still holding out for free stuff and like being controlled.
In this economy that this president doesn't seem to have on his "to-do" list to fix, who can blame them?
When Obamacare kicks in next year and more money is taken out of the already diminishing take-home pay of those fortunate enough to still have jobs and the 55% find out free medical care isn't all it was cracked up to be, that number will change very quickly.
LOL.. I'd love to have a 'battle of wits' with you...but you do appear unarmed?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
DementedDuhmmies

London, KY

#866956 Mar 2, 2013
TheIntelligentMinority wrote:
<quoted text> lowlifewelfarefoodstampObammyw orshipperforsure say what? LOL
Watch yew whining about THIS TIME Willisetta? lol

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#866957 Mar 2, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's do a who's not getting it test.
1. Did or did not the Democrats control Congress the last two years of the Bush administration and the first two years of the Obama administration before and after the crisis?
A. Did.
B. Did not.
2. Did or did not the Democrats resist any effort to rein in Fannie and Freddie in the years leading up to the crisis?
A. Did.
B. Did not.
3. Did or did not the Democrats pass a budget in the past four years?
A. Did.
B. Did not.
4. Did or did not the Senate refuse to bring up or vote on any bills passed by the House to avert the automatic spending cuts?
A. Did.
B. Did not.
The only way you could fail the "who's not getting it" test is if you weren't honest.
1. Did or did not George Bush have veto power over congress?
A. Did
B. Did not
2. Did or did not George Bush use this veto power to obstruct anything the Democrat congress did that you're whining about?
A. Did
B. Did not

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#866958 Mar 2, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
True, until Christie kissed Obama. So what? The collapse of the Episcopal Church as a result of leftwing theology is a reality.
Do Galt need a hug? We can see if the good guvnuh can work one in for you too....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Miami, FL

#866959 Mar 2, 2013
DementedDuhmmies wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch yew whining about THIS TIME Willisetta? lol
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, for you how to dance in the rain idiot. Your deranged creativity is your lack of intelligent thinking running on empty still having fun.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Miami, FL

#866960 Mar 2, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Do Galt need a hug? We can see if the good guvnuh can work one in for you too....
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, for you how to dance in the rain idiot. Your deranged creativity is your lack of intelligent thinking running on empty still having fun.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#866961 Mar 2, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
How does RealDave feel about Harrisburg, a textbook example of government mismanagement?
Guess we should just keep shoveling money to proven incompetents.
DEEtroit, meet Caliphonyvrokia stuhaisle po'li'Tics!!

Detroit has a $327 million budget deficit and faces more than $14 billion in long-term debt. It has been making ends meet on a month-to-month basis with the help of bond money held in a state escrow account. The city has also instituted mandatory unpaid days off for many city workers.

Those troubles, along with underfunded city services such as police and fire departments and the absence of legitimate turnaround plans from Bing and the City Council, forced his hand, Snyder said.

"Citizens are not getting the services they deserve and need, public safety, lighting, transportation — all those areas need help, and it's time to call all hands on deck and say let's all work together."

Snyder said he has a top candidate picked out for the emergency manager job, but he would not elaborate except to say the person had "strong financial" and "strong legal knowledge."

Emergency managers have the power under state law to develop financial plans, renegotiate labor contracts, revise and approve budgets to help control spending, sell off some city assets and suspend the salaries of elected officials.

(Duh A Vey payz attention-Dis what happens when all duh monopoly game board little square box holders runs outer paper!!!)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Miami, FL

#866962 Mar 2, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The crisis started during the Clinton administration when Fannie and Freddie were "let loose" with very little oversight.
The two budgets Obama proposed was rejected unanimously in the Senate by every single Democrat. If they had voted for even more spending, they might lose their comfy seats in the Senate.
If the Senate refuses to even bring up any bills passed by the House, they become culpable of obstruction.
But thanks for trying.
LOL.. You're still alone, sick and old, but happy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
IlikePeanuts

London, KY

#866963 Mar 2, 2013
AllKenyan wrote:
<quoted text> Spoken like a true All Ar-nerican! That's what one would expect of someone ridiculous enough to support the worst president since Jimma Carter... Bwhahahahahahahahaha...
Mr former POTUS, Jimmuh Cartah, of "been a long time since the US has had a POTUS with such actually ethical merits" stahter-quotus, sayz he appreciates you heretic bozoheads finally getting a clue in having to see and admit, what actual integrity used to looky like.

Too baduh it took sum you THIRTY years to figrr it out lol.
Florida

Miami, FL

#866964 Mar 2, 2013
Liberalism Ugodly People wrote:
How Are The Liberals Re-writing History And Teaching Lies To Our Children?
How can we know anything about anything? That's the real question
div>Liberals today are trying to change the history of America by leaving God out of it, but the truth is, God has been a part of this nation, since the beginning. He still wants to be.
When I was in college, I started taking history classes thinking that I would surely see the hand of God in History. I never saw the hand of God in history the way that they presented history at the university. Years later, I did see many patterns in history, patterns that showed that God is working in the lives of men. The history that was taught in those college classrooms was scoured of any evidence of God, though. Even the great events of history such as the crusades have been distorted to give a false impression of what took place. The vision given to Christopher Columbus by God had already been carefully scrubbed from the history texts when I was a boy in the 1950s. One of the patterns in the crusades, the war against terror, the second world war and many other historical events seems to be that when anti-Christian leaders command their followers to attack the innocent, terrible things happen.
Liberal minds have a problem when it comes to truth, because a true liberal doesn't believe in truth or lie, only in winning or losing. Bill Clinton brought it down to this: It depends what you mean when you say, "is." A liberal politician who got caught harassing a man who worked for him with repeated unwanted romantic advances said that each person must find his or her own reality. They used to be more subtle, but now we are hearing the bold claim that, "What actually happened makes no real difference." Liberals have a high respect for skilled liars. Liars who are not as smooth but not to the same high degree.
At the same time that liberals will accept almost anything as "proof" of liberal principles, they will reject even the most compelling proof anything that is not liberal.
Truth, from the standpoint of a liberal, has little meaning other than to that particular liberal. This is why liberals don't require any internal consistency of their politicians and heroes. Liberals Are Fine Without Truth. They are making up their morality as they go along.
"I am convinced that the battle for humankind's future must be waged and won in the public school classroom by teachers who correctly perceive their role as the proselytizers of a new faith: a religion of humanity that recognizes and respects the spark of what theologians call divinity in every human being. These teachers must embody the same selfless dedication as the most rabid fundamentalist preachers, for they will be ministers of another sort, utilizing a classroom instead of a pulpit to convey humanist values in whatever subject they teach, regardless of the educational level preschool day care or large state university." [SIC]
A deranged rumor goes in your ear Polly Parrot, straight out of your mouth..

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#866965 Mar 2, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The crisis started during the Clinton administration when Fannie and Freddie were "let loose" with very little oversight.
The two budgets Obama proposed was rejected unanimously in the Senate by every single Democrat. If they had voted for even more spending, they might lose their comfy seats in the Senate.
If the Senate refuses to even bring up any bills passed by the House, they become culpable of obstruction.
But thanks for trying.
"The two budgets"????

You right whiners should get the facts straight.

Obama as submitted a budget for every year he was supposed to submit one. The 2014 is due out this month.

Not just two

My God, can you people ever quit lying?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Miami, FL

#866966 Mar 2, 2013
Milw TaXpayer wrote:
Jay Carney Admits Sequester Was The President's Idea ...
www.realclearpolitics.com/.../02/12/jay_carne ... Carney Admits Sequester Was The President's Idea. JAY CARNEY:...
SOTU: President Says Sequester ‘A Really Bad Idea’ Hours After ...
patdollard.com/...sequester-a...after-carney -...» Politics » SOTU: President Says Sequester ‘A Really Bad Idea’
Hours After Carney Admits It Was Obama’s Idea
Obama says sequester a ‘really bad idea’ hours after Carney ...
www.conservativenewscentral.com/2013/02/obama ... says sequester a ‘really bad idea’ hours after Carney admits it was Obama’s plan. February 13, 2013.... Tags Barack Obama, Jay Carney, Sequester.
We never realized how boring your life is until someone asks what you do for fun. Sometimes in the winds of change one finds their crayons and making an idiot of yourself.
TheInderpendentM ajority

London, KY

#866967 Mar 2, 2013
THE DEBIL wrote:
YA KNOW, AS I WALK, STARRY-EYED DOWN THE BRIGHTLY-LIT HALLWAY OF LIFE, SURVEYING THE TWINKLING DEWDROPS OF CELESTIAL ABANDON I AM ALWAYS AMAZED TO WITNESS TINY, PERFECT SNOWFLAKES THAT LIGHT ON MY TONGUE AND DISAPPEAR AS QUICKLY AS THEY LIGHT ON MY KNOBBLY PINK TONGUE AND I MARVEL AT THE RHYTHMS OF THE ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....
THIS BUD'S FO YOU, CRIP.
Jus doan lick any of duh yeller ones!
Florida

Miami, FL

#866968 Mar 2, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you should say that. I was reminded last night of the movie "Trading Places" when Eddie Murphy conned everyone until he was given Dan Akroyd's home and all his valuable things.
When he invited his friends over for a party, he became very obsessive about them stealing his things and trashing his home.
That's how I see this president. He doesn't see this country as his home. It's more of an experiment to test his personal vision. If everything is destroyed in the process, oh well. He has no personal connection or vestment in it anyway.
In fact, I think he even resents the "home" he was given charge over. That's my honest opinion.
So much to do...so little desire to do it. Ignorance is proof you are trying..
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#866969 Mar 2, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you should say that. I was reminded last night of the movie "Trading Places" when Eddie Murphy conned everyone until he was given Dan Akroyd's home and all his valuable things.
When he invited his friends over for a party, he became very obsessive about them stealing his things and trashing his home.
That's how I see this president. He doesn't see this country as his home. It's more of an experiment to test his personal vision. If everything is destroyed in the process, oh well. He has no personal connection or vestment in it anyway.
In fact, I think he even resents the "home" he was given charge over. That's my honest opinion.
Argo fy you white supremacist birther nutcase

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#866970 Mar 2, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"The two budgets"????
Obama as submitted a budget for every year he was supposed to submit one. The 2014 is due out this month.
Not just two
Does anyone remember this sequester resulted as compromise to GOP who refused to increase debt ceiling, which has been increased 79 times since 1960 ?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#866971 Mar 2, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, leosnana, whatever you say.
Well, FINALLY, the blind hog finds the acorn...I say you're a lying, lazy, entitlement- sucking hypocrite and you'll be joining Breitbart soon. It'll be even better when Orally and Hannity join y'all...
TheInderpendentM ajority

London, KY

#866972 Mar 2, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"The two budgets"????
Not just two
And STILL, pointy tin foil hat Duh Avey...'Merica has NO actual buhdget.

Lotsa ppl think just "spending" is a BuhDUHget these days-and therefore-they just suck at that kind of stuff. Kinda like what this nation has been dealing with for the past four plus years now.

Better hid yer little silver monopoly shoe, or duh bill cowector and/or vultures of gweed and no-constraint, will be making yew sellz it!!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#866973 Mar 2, 2013
Carol,

You're an ignorant woman who is too clueless to create a new screen profile on Topix and instead continues to engage in a stupid battle of wits, not realizing she's unarmed and merely encouraging her personal troll.

We've got the Waxturd crew doing the same to the entire thread, yet Carol tries to play the victim, as if her troll is the only one here.

You're only here for the attention, at least your troll gives you something to talk about.

How do you know it's a man?? Could be anyone, likely Nobraina.

Change your name, get registered, or STFU, drama queen!!
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
An insecure man steals women's identities and hides behind them while throwing grenades.
Much like cowards fighting for the wrong side for the wrong reasons.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 min JOEL 70,157
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 27 min KiMare 50,776
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 59 min Rogue Scholar 05 179,678
With apologies to "THE BEACH BOYS"! 3 hr Glen Fry 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr IBdaMann 47,596
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Zap Brannigan 98,564
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 7 hr stupid amerikan 139

High Wind Warning for Cook County was issued at October 31 at 3:39AM CDT

Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]