Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 39,892)

Showing posts 797,821 - 797,840 of1,033,699
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
Homer not responding to jackasses who omit part of his posts in their reply.
Love,
Homer
Add Speaker Boehner to the growing list of Republicans accusing the White House of a conspiracy to release illegal immigrant detainees in order to frighten Americans into demanding an end to sequestration cuts. Immigration officials say several hundred detainees are being freed due to the upcoming budget cuts this week.

"I'm looking for more facts," Boehner told CBS News, "but I can't believe that they can't find the kind of savings they need out of that department short of letting criminals go free."

He added that the situation was "outrageous."

"This is very hard for me to believe, that they can't find cuts elsewhere in their agency," Boehner said.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/b...

(we wonder where this crap comes from; from the top)

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
The bottom line is Republicans do not under any circumstances want to work with the president. Holding up Hagel's confirmation and he's a Republican, ostracising Christie for working with the president.
Of course then they go on and spew their lies about how the president is devisive and won't work with Republicans.
Bunch of friggin' liars all of them.
Love,
Homer 2016
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
5 Sequester Facts to Know Before Committing Suicide
1. The Cuts Are Tiny!

The actual cuts in fiscal year 2013 are only $44 billion, according to the Congressional Budget Office (CBO). The rest don't even take place until 2014 or later. Whether you use $44 billion or $85 billion we're talking about 1 or 2 percent of total government spending.

2. Spending is Still Going Up!

Even with the sequester, the federal government is expected to spend more this year than it did last year. The government spent $3.5 trillion in 2012 and i expected to spend $3.6 trillion in 2013 (see Summary Table 1).

3. The Pentagon Won't Starve!

The largest chunk of cuts will come out of the defense budget, which has doubled over the past decade. The Pentagon will still have about $500 billion at its disposal, not counting war-related and emergency appropriations.

4. You Can't Cut Nonexistent Programs!

The White House's Office of Management and Budget says the sequester will cut a whopping $2 million from the $20 million budget for the National Drug Intelligence Center. That sounds pretty bad - until you realize the Drug Intelligence Center closed its door in June 2012.

5. It Was All Obama's Idea!

The whole damn sequester was the Obama administration's idea. As the Washington Post's Bob Woodward has reported, despite Obama's denials to the contrary, "the automatic spending cuts were initiated by the White House" as part of the deal to raise the debt limit back in August 2011.

So as members of the president's cabinet and party rail against the draconian nature of the sequester and the unfairness of it all, it's worth keeping in mind that these cuts are genuinely puny.

And that the president has nobody to blame but himself.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
It's very much the opposite. The president rarely meets with republicans or makes an effort to work with them.
He sends someone out with briefings but rarely asks for input. He doesn't take questions from the press and insulates himself from any potential criticism.
The republicans met him halfway with his "balanced approach". He reneged on his half of the bargain. Now he wants to raise taxes yet again without addressing spending cuts.
This is not acceptable leadership.
He has employed every scare tactic in the book to convince you the world is coming to an end on Friday just to get his way.
Again, this is not acceptable leadership. And you, too, deep down know it.
The Republican Party is doomed.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. Once again for the really stupid people in the class... Homer.
The Department of Treasury isn't a source of money. The Department of Treasury is a repository for money collected from a source of money.
If you are still confused, read the Constitution where it states how bills of revenue can be generated. Your answer requires that Congress pass legislation to tax the department of Treasury to put money into the Department of Treasury.
I know that makes sense to Democrats, but to any person who actually thinks, it is a ludicrous answer.
To answer the question, you have to identify a source of money sufficient to tax to pay for Obama's government.
Nutcracker!(said with Russian accent)

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
It's very much the opposite. The president rarely meets with republicans or makes an effort to work with them.
He sends someone out with briefings but rarely asks for input. He doesn't take questions from the press and insulates himself from any potential criticism.
The republicans met him halfway with his "balanced approach". He reneged on his half of the bargain. Now he wants to raise taxes yet again without addressing spending cuts.
This is not acceptable leadership.
He has employed every scare tactic in the book to convince you the world is coming to an end on Friday just to get his way.
Again, this is not acceptable leadership. And you, too, deep down know it.
Obama rarely meets with Democrats, too. He's not even involved in government until the Democrats need him to read something from a teleprompter to promote their Marxist agenda.

... empty chair.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

SapphireBlue wrote:
I'm disappointed in myself for stooping to conquer. The best way to handle someone like debil is to ignore him. From this point forward I will not respond to one vile and disgusting thing he says, he's not worth it. I'm also going to register my name now so he can't steal it but would like some help in picking a new name, any ideas?
I still like Queen Bee although Drama Queen suits you better.

In other news Iraq's prime minster is very worried about the Syrian conflict spilling into Iraq and creating even more sectarian violence and opening avenues for al qaeda style groups to gain influence further destabilizing the Middle East.

Pandora's box was opened by a fool!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did the money come from to pay for Bush's illegal war?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

It's been more than three decades since Texas went blue in a presidential election, but a top Republican there fears that the GOP may not have the state's 38 electoral votes in the bag in 2016 if Hillary Clinton is at the top of the Democratic ticket.

Steve Munisteri, chairman of the Texas GOP, told Real Clear Politics in a story published Friday that Clinton would strip the state of its "solid Republican" status and insisted that national Republicans are taking her candidacy seriously even in the crimson red Lone Star State.

A survey released late last month from Democratic-leaning Public Policy Polling showed Clinton more than holding her own in Texas when matched up against potential 2016 contenders such as Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R). Democrats have not carried Texas in a presidential election since 1976, when former President Jimmy Carter won the state.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/t...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Add Speaker Boehner to the growing list of Republicans accusing the White House of a conspiracy to release illegal immigrant detainees in order to frighten Americans into demanding an end to sequestration cuts. Immigration officials say several hundred detainees are being freed due to the upcoming budget cuts this week.
"I'm looking for more facts," Boehner told CBS News, "but I can't believe that they can't find the kind of savings they need out of that department short of letting criminals go free."
He added that the situation was "outrageous."
"This is very hard for me to believe, that they can't find cuts elsewhere in their agency," Boehner said.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/b...
(we wonder where this crap comes from; from the top)
Why is Obama releasing illegal alien criminals back into the general population?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>Who?
?

Erick Erickson wrote that. Peggy Noonan comes to mind as one of those he was referring to.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The Republican Party is doomed.
The easiest and best way to make people remember obama, is obama continue to take more money from their paycheck, along with his stealing from them their retirement and his Sequestration Cuts.

Obama Sequestration Cuts Signed into Law by Obama to get elected. LOL..Where's Bush when you need him?

Obama: I Will Veto Attempts To Get Rid Of Automatic Spending Cuts.

http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx.shtml

The Democratic Party is doomed.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Nutcracker!(said with Russian accent)

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
He's too fat. He'd have to lose 200 lbs to even be considered.
He is not national politics material.
I could probably live with his size (although I'd be worried he might not be able to live with it), but he seems awfully thin-skinned and short-tempered sometimes.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. Once again for the really stupid people in the class... Homer.
The Department of Treasury isn't a source of money. The Department of Treasury is a repository for money collected from a source of money.
If you are still confused, read the Constitution where it states how bills of revenue can be generated. Your answer requires that Congress pass legislation to tax the department of Treasury to put money into the Department of Treasury.
I know that makes sense to Democrats, but to any person who actually thinks, it is a ludicrous answer.
To answer the question, you have to identify a source of money sufficient to tax to pay for Obama's government.
The same place as Bush.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
News flash: Bush isn't president.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Would you be talking about the war you overwhelmingly voted for after the Republicans gave you no oversight of your Marxist subprime loan program that collapsed our economy?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>The same place as Bush.
News flash: Bush isn't president.

No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
He's too fat. He'd have to lose 200 lbs to even be considered.
He is not national politics material.
The reason lily's husband takes her on all the road trips? "Because she's too ugly and foul mouth to kiss good-bye.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Charles Krauthammer: Chris Christie CPAC snub a mistake

I think this is a vast overreaction and its a mistake. Hes a leading Republican, hes obviously of presidential timber, hes got the highest popularity of any governor and hes in a blue state, Krauthammer said Tuesday night on Fox News.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/charles...

I think its a mistake. I think theyre trying to define legitimate ideology fairly narrowly and they want to rule people out. Here we are with four years to go until the next election, we ought to keep the tent wide and open and let the people, Republicans decide,

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 797,821 - 797,840 of1,033,699
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

69 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 min CDC 47,055
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Poppo 167,532
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 24 min Sublime1 96,093
Amy 4-18 33 min j_m_w 26
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 35 min Eric 65,113
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Uzi 67,188
Abby 4-17 1 hr Mister Tonka 44
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••