Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
797,521 - 797,540 of 1,099,773 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#866484 Mar 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans stand ready to modify the reductions in the rate of increase in the federal budget, but have already conceded too much on increased taxation.
austerity doesn't work.

fact.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#866486 Mar 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
austerity doesn't work.
fact.
That's debatable, but this is nothing even close to austerity.

The budget this year is still significantly larger than last year.

My bad. I mean spending, given there is no budget.
carol

Orlando, FL

#866487 Mar 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
When Obama issues the election orders, Homer will get in line just like the rest of the troops.
Nah. You do be fo'gettin' the cardinal rule ob de politics: "Democrats fall in love, republicans fall in line."
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#866488 Mar 1, 2013
A liberal, lying pansey, fighting with a woman:
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Alternately, an insecure woman is one who spends her time trying to intimidate men through guilt. Also, Catholic women I realize... and I refuse to define what constitutes a secure woman, but I'm pretty sure it's one who's comfortable in her own skein.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#866489 Mar 1, 2013
Does any Liberal/Democrat think this woman is Bright? Maxine Waters predicts 'over 170 million' jobs lost to sequestration, I guess either she met with Geithner before he departed or Lew after being confirm as our New Secretary of Treasury because the Math doesn’t Add Up!! Maxine the total number of Americans employed in US is between 145 to 155 million!!

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#866490 Mar 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they won't.
They have no balls.
The trashing of Bob Woodward was a warning to any who dare stray from the plantation.
There you go again Galt, spin and lies. Here's the "trashing" email exchange:

From Gene Sperling to Bob Woodward on Feb. 22, 2013
Bob:
I apologize for raising my voice in our conversation today. My bad. I do understand your problems with a couple of our statements in the fall — but feel on the other hand that you focus on a few specific trees that gives a very wrong perception of the forest. But perhaps we will just not see eye to eye here.
But I do truly believe you should rethink your comment about saying saying that Potus asking for revenues is moving the goal post. I know you may not believe this, but as a friend, I think you will regret staking out that claim. The idea that the sequester was to force both sides to go back to try at a big or grand barain with a mix of entitlements and revenues (even if there were serious disagreements on composition) was part of the DNA of the thing from the start. It was an accepted part of the understanding — from the start. Really. It was assumed by the Rs on the Supercommittee that came right after: it was assumed in the November-December 2012 negotiations. There may have been big disagreements over rates and ratios — but that it was supposed to be replaced by entitlements and revenues of some form is not controversial.(Indeed, the discretionary savings amount from the Boehner-Obama negotiations were locked in in BCA: the sequester was just designed to force all back to table on entitlements and revenues.)
I agree there are more than one side to our first disagreement, but again think this latter issue is diffferent. Not out to argue and argue on this latter point. Just my sincere advice. Your call obviously.
My apologies again for raising my voice on the call with you. Feel bad about that and truly apologize.
Gene
From Woodward to Sperling on Feb. 23, 2013
Gene: You do not ever have to apologize to me. You get wound up because you are making your points and you believe them. This is all part of a serious discussion. I for one welcome a little heat; there should more given the importance. I also welcome your personal advice. I am listening. I know you lived all this. My partial advantage is that I talked extensively with all involved. I am traveling and will try to reach you after 3 pm today. Best, Bob

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/exclusi...
carol

Orlando, FL

#866491 Mar 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you do be fo'gettin' de growf since den. When you gots de mo' people you gots to pay to teach dem how to buys you stuff.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#866492 Mar 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
debatable?

The most unsettling prospect with Gov. Scott Walker is the notion that he might actually believe what he is saying about the budget he is proposing for Wisconsin.

When Walker assumed the governorship two years ago, Wisconsin was holding its own economically. Job growth was competitive with neighboring states and the nation.

No more. Since Walker began implementing his austerity agenda, growth has stalled.

The state now ranks No. 42 in the nation when it comes to job creation.

The state trails all of its neighbors when it comes to job growth.

Middle-class wages are declining.

Economic development initiatives, which Walker placed under the control of political appointees rather than professional public servants, are scandal-plagued and staggeringly unsuccessful. The new agency the governor set up has drawn federal scrutiny because it can’t account for the money that has flowed through it.

Major manufacturing industries are struggling— paper plants that have been mainstays of employment in northern Wisconsin are threatened with closure. Instead of worrying about those thousands of good-paying jobs, Walker and his legislative allies have spent months trying to weaken environmental laws as they pursue a mining pipe dream that may never materialize – and that will never replace the high-paying jobs that are being lost on their watch.

t’s tough out there.

So what does Walker propose?

Right-wing social engineering.

Walker’s rejecting federal funds that would have allowed the state to expand access to health care because — by his own explanation — he doesn’t like President Obama and the Affordable Care Act. Walker is sticking to his wrongheaded approach even as conservative governors in Ohio, Florida and other states stop playing politics and embrace opportunities to ensure that those in need are cared for.

Walker is proposing to force voucher programs on school districts across the state because, well, he has taken a lot of campaign money from out-of-state donors who favor privatization of education.

Predictably, Walker says,“I want to cut taxes over and over and over again until we are leading the country in economic recovery.”

The problem, of course, is that Walker’s tiny cuts in taxes – which overwhelmingly benefit those who are already in the economic comfort zone — are accompanied by cuts that further undermine recovery.

Read more: http://host.madison.com/news/opinion/column/j...
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#866493 Mar 1, 2013
TSM wrote:
Does any Liberal/Democrat think this woman is Bright? Maxine Waters predicts 'over 170 million' jobs lost to sequestration, I guess either she met with Geithner before he departed or Lew after being confirm as our New Secretary of Treasury because the Math doesn’t Add Up!! Maxine the total number of Americans employed in US is between 145 to 155 million!!
She was probably talking worldwide, we live in a global economy these days. Homer just speculating, she could be an idiot too.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#866494 Mar 1, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
A liberal, lying pansey, fighting with a woman:
<quoted text>
but what if it's a liberal, lying pansy, woman?
carol

Orlando, FL

#866495 Mar 1, 2013
You see? Dat de problem wid de pyramid schemes: you cain't rightly ask de growin' number of folks at de bottom to buy mo' you stuff if dey gots nuthin' to buy it wid! But we done gets you point, you want to maintain de top ob de pyramid an jus' let the bottom crumble as it may. It sorta like you might make dirt when you think about it: life as compost pile. Well, de folks at de bottom gots de meassage fo' you: "you bes' run an' hide, Rastus, cause you cain't inspire greed an' jealousy widdout you hafta pay fo' it.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#866496 Mar 1, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you do be fo'gettin' de growf since den. When you gots de mo' people you gots to pay to teach dem how to buys you stuff.
hey. are a liberal, lying pansy, woman?

inquiring minds.

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#866497 Mar 1, 2013
Dag Nab It! Anyone see my dentures? I'm trying to bite my judgeits, but my gums won't cut through the ammo so I can git to my judgeits!

Who's deleting my judgeits?

Must be Bush's fault!
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#866498 Mar 1, 2013
carol wrote:
Mike McCurry, press secretary to President Bill Clinton said,“This White House gets away with stuff I would never have dreamed of doing."
ABC News White House reporter Ann Compton said,“The way the president’s availability to the press has shrunk in the last two years is a disgrace. The president’s day-to-day policy development is almost totally opaque to the reporters trying to do a responsible job of covering it. This is different from every president I covered. This White House goes to extreme lengths to keep the press away.”
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm...
Think how we feel, Ms. Compton. We're more left out than the press who have always asked the tough questions and got answers from the president.
Bob Woodward said last night the American people are wondering what the hell is going on.
With all due respect, a lot of us were wondering that a long time ago, Mr. Woodward.
The Truth? Are we being scammed?
The only good President is the one who tried. Honestly.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#866499 Mar 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
but what if it's a liberal, lying pansy, woman?
Can't happen. Liberals don't have women, just flukers/men with beards & vaginas. Don't you know why Republican men are happier?

http://gooseradio.com/2010/04/24/why-republic...

Nuff said!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#866500 Mar 1, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>She was probably talking worldwide, we live in a global economy these days. Homer just speculating, she could be an idiot too.
Homer… No I think she was referencing back to one of Obama’s campaign speeches where Obama said he just visited 57 States and one Left!!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#866501 Mar 1, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Homer is going to vote for the Republican candidate, I feel bad for you guys, you need all the votes you can get.
That won't help. The machines are programmed to steal the votes. I reference 70 locations in just the state of Ohio where, out of hundreds of thousands of voters, not one goddam crackhead or welfare slug or illiterate dropout or elderly person with very poor eyesight pressed the wrong button by mistake. That is an impossibility.
So, thanks for the thought, but we do not live in a Democracy anymore. All that is necessary for the Democrats to do now is get rid of the Constitution.
If the Democrats can eliminate the Second Amendment, the rest of the Constitution will soon after be done away with, too.

What type of government do you think the Democrats have in mind to replace the constitutional republic with?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#866502 Mar 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Republicans are losing the spending argument
For the past several years, congressional Republicans have focused relentlessly on a single message: Washington — led by President Obama — is spending too much money, and it needs to stop.
But according to new Washington Post-ABC News polling, that laser-like focus isn’t helping Republicans win the argument over federal spending — with 67 percent of those tested disapproving of the “way Republicans in Congress are handling federal spending.”
While Obama’s numbers aren’t stellar on that same spending question — 52 percent disapproval — he is in considerably stronger shape than his Republican adversaries as Washington braces for the $1.2 trillion in automatic cuts known as the sequester to take effect on Friday. In fact, Obama’s 43 percent overall approval on his handling of federal spending is the same number as those who strongly disapprove of how congressional Republicans are handling it.
As we have seen in other recent polling, a major part of Republicans’ overall approval problem — in this case on federal spending — comes from divisions within their own party.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

Pharr, TX

#866503 Mar 1, 2013
Old Crazy Goober wrote:
Dag Nab It! Anyone see my dentures? I'm trying to bite my judgeits, but my gums won't cut through the ammo so I can git to my judgeits!
Who's deleting my judgeits?
Must be Bush's fault!
Waxturd, do you realize that you confessed to being the narcissistic mentally ill moron I've been exposing here for months? This proves that what you do all day is insure that every right wing post is covered with positive judge-its and every progressive post is covered with negative judge-its.
Here's the proof:
Page 40,035 : Post#866017
Waxturd/Goober/Jimmy
<Quoted text>
"Hey there Judgeit Nut!
It was funny this morning.
Jimmy was up 5 then some lib had Jimmy beat. It was back & forth right up through the twenties and the lib couldn't keep up and quit."

Pathetic.

Pharr, TX

#866505 Mar 1, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
Perseveration
The involuntary and pathologic persistence of the same verbal response or motor activity regardless of the stimulus or its duration. The condition occurs primarily in patients with brain damage or organic mental disorders, although it may also appear in schizophrenia as an association disturbance. It is caused by a neurologic deficit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min wojar 177,334
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 25 min Cali Girl 2014dal 49,448
The Israel Lobby Eliminates Another Critic 42 min Jew Snakes 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 55 min JOEL 68,935
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Silly times 4,662
Engagement Ring 2 hr rodeo3queen 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr truth-facts 46,292
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info