Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#866408 Mar 1, 2013
This is how Dennis Tito plans to send people to Mars

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#866409 Mar 1, 2013
3D printed car is as strong as steel, half the weight, and nearing production
carol

Orlando, FL

#866410 Mar 1, 2013
Mike McCurry, press secretary to President Bill Clinton said,“This White House gets away with stuff I would never have dreamed of doing."

ABC News White House reporter Ann Compton said,“The way the president’s availability to the press has shrunk in the last two years is a disgrace. The president’s day-to-day policy development is almost totally opaque to the reporters trying to do a responsible job of covering it. This is different from every president I covered. This White House goes to extreme lengths to keep the press away.”

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm...

Think how we feel, Ms. Compton. We're more left out than the press who have always asked the tough questions and got answers from the president.

Bob Woodward said last night the American people are wondering what the hell is going on.

With all due respect, a lot of us were wondering that a long time ago, Mr. Woodward.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#866411 Mar 1, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
That was Plan A. Plan B was thinking people were stupid enough to forget Plan A to implement scare tactics to achieve Plan C which was the ultimate goal. Blame Republicans.
Boehner - "I'm not doing sh*t until the Senate passes something"

McConnell ' " Filibuster!!! Filibuster!!!!"

Republican plan. Do nothing.

Hope to crash the economy in hopes of blaming Obama.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#866412 Mar 1, 2013
carol wrote:
Mike McCurry, press secretary to President Bill Clinton said,“This White House gets away with stuff I would never have dreamed of doing."
ABC News White House reporter Ann Compton said,“The way the president’s availability to the press has shrunk in the last two years is a disgrace. The president’s day-to-day policy development is almost totally opaque to the reporters trying to do a responsible job of covering it. This is different from every president I covered. This White House goes to extreme lengths to keep the press away.”
Think how we feel, Ms. Compton. We're more left out than the press who have always asked the tough questions and got answers from the president.
Bob Woodward said last night the American people are wondering what the hell is going on.
With all due respect, a lot of us were wondering that a long time ago, Mr. Woodward.
You're totally delusional. Bush gave about 12 press conferences in 8 years.
President Obama is talking to the people every day.
Stop lying.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#866413 Mar 1, 2013
On Hannity, Woodward Distances Himself From Claim That White House Threatened Him

Woodward: "I Haven't Used That Language"

http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/02/28/on-h...
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#866414 Mar 1, 2013
Folks can we drag out the Rev Wright sermons? It's been months since anyone's brought them up.

And for you birthers you need to crank up the rhetoric, hardly a word has been mentioned lately on this subject. Sheriff Joe and his posse? Orly Taitz?

And where is all the Obama is a Muslim talk gone to these days?

Come no folks, let's pick up the pace a bit.

I won't be around much today.

Love,

Homer
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#866415 Mar 1, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Bullshit , it will be wasted , they need to reduce the obese govt. programs and departments that do absolutely no good what so ever , take pay cuts and set term limits and make these jackasses live within the very laws they make , end of story.
Stupid beyond belief.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#866416 Mar 1, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Obama will be the one with egg on his face , the walking talking disgrace ran his mouth about all the scare tactics and now everyone will see all the lies were just that, lies .
You're a dummy
carol

Orlando, FL

#866417 Mar 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Boehner Halts Talks on Cuts, and House G.O.P. Cheers
Representative Mick Mulvaney, a South Carolina Republican who was elected on the 2010 Tea Party wave and has had his differences with the speaker, was similarly complimentary toward Mr. Boehner.
“He’s doing exactly what he said he was going to do, and I think it’s working to our favor and to his,” Mr. Mulvaney said.“I get the feeling that our party is probably more unified right now than it has been at any time in the last several months.”
Mr. Boehner, in some ways, finds himself the leader of the House Republicans with nowhere to actually lead.
Among those who placed him in his post and could conceivably remove him, the test of his leadership seems to be how little action he takes.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/01/us/politics...
The Republicans are doing exactly what they should be doing. Playing chicken with a president who takes and never gives and never does what he promises.

In the game of chicken, the chicken always looks away or veers off first. It's actually come down to this. A president who likes to play games to win rather than solve problems.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#866418 Mar 1, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
"We do, do "we?" The best thing about the old Nazi retiring is that his house is being remodeled and he'll be dead long before he even has a working bathroom.
He earned his home.
carol

Orlando, FL

#866419 Mar 1, 2013
Well, that's not completely true.. sometimes the chicken just plows forward realizing too late that the other chicken is a ravening wolf which grabs it by the neck and shakes it mercilessly until its head pops off and its blood goes gouting all over the place, realizing at the last moment that it probably should have turned away and run and run for the chicken house, where, at least, there would be some other chi...
carol

Orlando, FL

#866420 Mar 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Boehner - "I'm not doing sh*t until the Senate passes something"
And you find fault with that? Isn't the Senate supposed to pass something since it's been over three years and they haven't come up with anything?

The House has passed bill after bill to try and solve these problems. The Senate refuses to vote on any of them or produce any solutions of their own.

The Republicans have compromised twice. They are perfectly justified to wait for the promises of this administration to be fulfilled after making those compromises.

But you find fault with the Republicans? How deep is your denial?
carol

Orlando, FL

#866421 Mar 1, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
He earned his home.
Tell that to his contractor.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#866422 Mar 1, 2013
wraparoundDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me one budget passed by the congress since Obama took over. Show me one republican house vote on any budget, where are they? Show me one budget voted on by Harry Reid's senate.
A budget was passed early in 2009, f*cking dumbass.

There, I showed you one, now STFU about the GD budget.

You right whiners run screaming though the streets, arms flailing, yelling " OMG OMG OMG Budget budget budget OMG OMG OMG.

Bush had budgets. Where the f*ck did that get us???????

Doubling the national debt, unfunded tax cuts, two quagmire wars, housing collapse, near financial meltdown & the worst recession in 80 GD years.

My God you people are dumber than sh*t.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#866423 Mar 1, 2013
carol wrote:
Good post Carol!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#866424 Mar 1, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Uh them idiots haven't passed a budget in 4 years!
What the hell is the difference? Bush passed a budget every year then proceeded to go over every year. So tell me Mr. Magoo what is the point of passing a budget? When was the last time we even had a balanced budget?
carol

Orlando, FL

#866425 Mar 1, 2013
But I grant you, if ever there was a human chicken it's Mitch McConnell. You plonk a wattle on that boy, pull off his shoes and you're got yourself a meal for 58 people.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#866426 Mar 1, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to his contractor.
Rome?
carol

Orlando, FL

#866427 Mar 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
On Hannity, Woodward Distances Himself From Claim That White House Threatened Him
Woodward: "I Haven't Used That Language"
http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/02/28/on-h...
He didn't have to come right out and use the word "lie" in the language.

Woodward uses synonyms in his book that means "lie" as well as in every interview.

If you heard the entire interview, you'd be embarrassed splitting such a thin hair.

It's like saying I don't like using the word "hate" but would rather say "distrust", "loathe" and "despise" instead. The meaning is still crystal clear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Jacques from Ottawa 178,095
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 29 min Hole open wides 49,878
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 37 min Grau 68,513
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Twisted Nixon 46,740
Amy 9-20 1 hr Kuuipo 6
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr texas pete 4,723
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 4 hr _Zoey_ 7,785
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••